• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 1,372 Views, 57 Comments

When Love Falls - Quantum Solace



Chryselia, Princess of the Changelings, flees her home in the hopes of living a life of peace in ponyville. As the saying goes, "How Sentimental."

  • ...
8
 57
 1,372

Party Foul!

When Love Falls

Chapter IV

Party Foul!

A Cool wind swept through Ponyville, ruffling Chryselia’s ivory dress. It shimmered in the moonlight, bouncing the moon's beams off of the hundreds of small white crystals covering her body. She had found the beauty in Rarity’s enormous collection of dresses, and although it seemed rather eccentric, she assumed this was something Rarity would do.

The SugarCube corner was drawing nearer, and her heart began to beat faster. She was only seconds away from meeting the ponies who had bested her mother; the Elements of Harmony. And she wasn't thrilled. Even with Octavia there, she assumed It would be rather nerve racking, and difficult to keep up the charade. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves.

“Okay. Don’t panic.” She said aloud to herself. “It isn't like this is the first time I’ve attempted to imitate somepony. Sure the other tries didn’t end well but this time will be different!’

“I am not sure Rarity speaks to herself about imitating ponies,” came a familiar British accented voice. She spun around to find Octavia standing next to her. She wore a black, tailored suit, with a dark fedora atop her head. She looked like she should be running a mafia, more than anything else. Chrysalis stared at her till Octavia coacked her head. “What is wrong?” She asked curiously.

Chrysalis shook her head. “Nothing.” she sighed.

“Are you... alright?” her grey mained friend inquired.

“A little nervous, but I'm ready! Are you?’

“No”

“Then lets go!” She grabbed Octavia’s foreleg and hauled her towards the SugarCube corner.

“Wait!” gray mare said, pulling her back. “Do you have no resolve? What happens when you go in, and are faced with one of the most powerful creatures in all of Equestria?” glancing toward the window of the bakery, they could just make out the silhouette of the dark alicorn. “If she finds out who you are, you can be sure no amount of swift talking will allow you to live through the encounter.”

Chryselia snorted and tossed her mane, pretending to be unnerved. “You’d be surprised. I’m a good talker.”

Octavia rolled her eyes in response. “Are you sure you can act like Rarity up until we can leave?” In truth, the Changeling wasn’t sure. She had survived this long, but that was mainly due to the little amounts of ponies she had encountered. She wasn’t sure she could keep Rarity’s persona up long enough to fool the Elements of Harmony themselves, as well as the Princess of the Moon. Every Changeling knew how much more powerful the Lunar Goddess was compared to Celestia. Rumors had zipped about the hive, that after Princess Kadenza and Prince Shining Armour had forcefully banished her mother from Canterlot , Princess Luna had chased down her mother, and entered an enormous battle with her. It had never been proven, but it was still worrisome all the same. Octavia was right. If it was to be revealed that she was a Changeling, even worse, Chrysalis’ daughter, she would be worrying about changelings taking her back to the hive.

Her mind began to wander. Why had she left the Hive? All those mean Changelings were picking on you, responded the little Changeling in her head. That is true. And her mother wasn’t helping her. But I could’ve learned to fight, she argued. I could have used my superior magic. The little Changeling in her mind was silenced at this. There were many other options, but why this one? She shook her head, trying to clear her mind, but the thoughts lingered annoyingly like a fly hovering by her ear.

Octavia nudged her. “You are aware that simply declining is indeed an option, correct?”

The Changeling shook her head. “If I decide not to appear at this party,” she spoke with Rarity’s Mid-Atlantic accent, “Then the Elements of Harmony will become suspicious. I must attend.”

Octavia sighed, pulling the hat lower over her face. “Alright, lets go.” she grumbled. “Just.... don't do anything rash. Okay?”

-----

Seconds later, Chryselia, Princess of the Changelings, was deep in conversation with Princess Luna. The SugarCube Corner was a small, rather quaint place. It was covered with an overkill of streamers, so many you had to wade through them, and an enormous yellow banner saying, “Good Job Fluttershy! Your Best Pony!” spawned the entire length of the room. Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy herself where doing a cha-cha around the room, Twilight sparkle holding a small record player,that played music that was too heavy on the Tuba.

So far, So good. Chryselia thought. No one had noticed her ruse. The Elements had greeted her kindly, and she had given Fluttershy a simple, yet elegant looking pink and yellow dress, which she had shyly put on.


Chryselia was now speaking to the Lunar Princess herself. She had marveled at the dress that “Rarity,” had made for her, and was now questioning her about how ponyville had been faring since her return to Equestria.

“Oh, quite well!” she said enthusiastically. “We had a bit of a problem with Fluttershy and Discord, of which I am sure you are quite aware, but nothing too messy.” She smiled brightly at the Alicron, who in turn, smiled, and magically lifted the dress.

“This dress is indeed magnificent Rarity.” She said, twirling it in her dark blue telekinetic grasp. “I must ask, Where did you get the inspiration from such a thing?” She peered at her curiously.

Chryselia rolled her tongue against the side of her cheek. How was she supposed to know what inspired this unicorn to make all her fancy dresses? And something about the tone the Alicron had taken was beginning to worry her. something seemed off. She decided to tread carefully.

“Oh, it was nothing important.” She said, giving her a winning smile. “The night sky, yourself of course, and various other things of little importance.”

The dark Alicron frowned, and turned the dress around. “I see.”. Alarms were beginning to go off in the Changeling Princesses head. Something was definitely wrong. The alicron twirled the dress around again before looking deep into her eyes. “It just so happens,” she informed her, “That as I was on my way here, I noticed a small shop displaying a rather valuable, rare, dress, that looked near identical to this one here.” Chryselia couldn’t move. Uh-oh.

“Now, you see,” the Alicron stood. “I know Rarity. She would never claim credit to a dress she did not create. It’s not in her generous nature. Second, Rarity would give an enormous speech about where she got her inspiration from. Not a few words about how its not important. And finally,” Chryselia’s heart skipped a beat, “Rarity does not have dark green eyes.”

Chryselia blinked. Dark green eyes? Why do I have- A Sudden explosion of pain seared from the base of her horn. She screamed in agony and tumbled to the floor, where the floundered about, horn glowing painfully bright. “What's happening!?” she called allowed, and was appalled to find that her voice... was her own! Green creaks of light ran up her horn, and down her body, tearing away at the marvelous dress she had ‘borrowed,’ from Rarity’s room. She screamed in pain and terror as the agony overwhelmed her mind, tearing away all she could think, all she could feel-

And then it was over. Just like that, the pain vanished leaving her sitting in the middle of a badly scorched floor... and in front of a very powerful, very mad looking Alicron.

The Lunar Princess rose onto her back hooves, lightning crackling around her horn. “Chrysalis!She roared in her ear splitting Canterlot voice. “Does thou honestly conceive that thou could even try to fight me again!? Well thou thought wrong!” Before she could do as much as think, Chryselia was blasted into the opposite wall in an explosion of pain, blood, and magic.

She looked down at her chest, and marveled at her actual lack of it. All she could see was a gory mess of blood. Darkness enclosed on her vision she she began sinking to the floor, her eyes growing heavy. Out of the corner of her vision, she could make out Octavia speeding in Luna’s direction, pulling something out from inside her jacket. The lavender unicorn staring at her, and a random ball of pink running around the room screaming,”‘Everypony ruuuuuun! It’s Chrysaliiiiiiiis!! Ooooh, that rhymes!”

The alicron approached her with a smirk etched on her face. Her eyes fell, and the darkness took hold of her mind. She lost consciousness at the first gunshot.

Author's Note:

Who! Finally. I was trying to brave through this chapter so I could get to the kicking butt parts in the next chapter. I find it really hard to write all these leading-up-to-the-cool-parts. But soon enough, I'll throw in some nice love drama. I love... love drama. now then, lets BLOW THE HELL OUTTA EVERYTHING!!!!!

Comments ( 11 )

2358976

There's yer new chapter bru!

2479013
Yay, a new chapter:yay:

Tasty... with a hint of regret on her part. :ajsleepy:
Changling rule one: always check your disguise if you plan to leave anywhere, especially if you are copying anyone important.
I do feel bad for her though. :twilightsheepish::twilightsmile::twistnerd:
Another if you please....:moustache::moustache::moustache:

2481245

:moustache: very well. A new chapter... later. IT SHALL BE DONE! No clue whats tah happen next. if anyone has ideas, I'm beggin for em. I have the next chapter then... poof. :raritydespair:

Unless there is something that I have really missed is it written prologue and not prolauge

2753529

Oh gods, please don't try and judge me by one of my critical failures. Try To Glory. I'm still rewriting this one. This was muh FIRST EVER fictional piece.

2753587
What critical failure? Don´t using a spell check?

And this was posted for more than half an year ago, so maybe are it your first story, but you have had much time to re write it and look over your mistakes, something that you have done with the three chapters after this one.

I like this and faved it as well but Luna being a bitch will make me feel pissed about this story though.

Login or register to comment