• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 1,373 Views, 57 Comments

When Love Falls - Quantum Solace



Chryselia, Princess of the Changelings, flees her home in the hopes of living a life of peace in ponyville. As the saying goes, "How Sentimental."

  • ...
8
 57
 1,373

The True Beginings

Chapter V

General Bulvar of the Eastern Changeling regiment looked over Manehatten with malice in his eyes. Watching the disgusting ponies of this city made him increasingly annoyed that he had been forced to watch over this part of the swarm. Pacitance, he told himself. Soon, the Hive, and then Equestria, will be all yours. He relished this thought for a few moments before one of his scouts entered his war tent, overlooking both the great city as well as an entire army of Changelings. “Yes, what do you want?” he said, peeved that his day dream had been interrupted.

“Sir, we did as you have asked. The Queen visited one of her guards, before going into her chambers, and crying over the letter from the princess once again.” A smile spread on his lips. Poor little Chrysalis, first, paying too much attention to her guards, and now, too distracted too. What a shame.

“And what news on the princess?” he asked. The scout suddenly looked skittish.

“She is still in Ponyville sir. She has not left Ponyville. And the legion is in position.” Bulvar narrowed his eyes.

“But...?” He asked dangerously. “You do know that any failure will result in the death of every single one of your correct?”

The scout flinched. “Y-yes sir. It’s only a s-small, trivial problem sir.” he said, fear creeping into his voice. “P-Princess Luna is making the visit to Ponyville instead Princess Celestia.”

Bulvar’s eyes widened. “WHAT?!” He roared. “WHAT HAPPENED TO POISONING HER!?”

The scout curled into a ball, terror overwhelming him. “Un-unfortunately,” he said meekly, “Princess Celestia accidently took the poison.”

Raising a hoof, Bulvar slammed it down on the scouts head. The Scout screeched in pain as his generals sharp hooves dug into his skull. “You know how powerful that Alicorn is! One thousand years on the moon has given her almost limitless reserves of magic to draw from! We had to drug her during the invasion just to get in without being eradicated on sight!”

The scout merely whimpered in excruciating pain. “I’m sorry sir!” he said. “But we won't fail! I have a plan! Please General, don’t kill me!”

The General snorted in disgust and raised his hoof. “What is it?” he asked.

The scout stood and composed himself. “Queen Chrysalis has ordered one of her guards to impersonate some creature close to her prisoner: A “Spike,” or something like that. The guard is supposed to guide the prisoner back to Ponyville, blow the princess’s cover, then ‘escort,’ the princess back to the Hive.”

“And that helps us how?” asked the general impatiently.

“Well...” said the the scout, “What if Luna was to find out who Chryselia really was prematurely?” The General pondered this, a geting a general idea of what his scouts obsen plan was. It seemed ridiculous, but...

“You want to make Luna kill the our Princess?” he asked.

To most, one would think that if a general of an army heard that one of his soldiers was making plans to kill the heir the the Queen’s throne, he would report it immediately to a higher official, or deal with the problem him/her self; however, for General Bulvar, this plan was one he had already been thinking of for weeks. Getting rid of the princess, then the Queen, and establishing himself as ruler of the hive, seemed like a magnificent idea. And next, crowning himself King of all of Equestria, and of the Changelings. Yes that sounded amazing...

He shook himself out of his day dream as his scout answered him. “Yes sir, that's exactly what I mean. Once Luna has disposed of the princess, Chrysalis will undoubtedly try and take revenge on her. The resulting battle will destroy them both! Then, with no legitimate heir to the throne, and Celestia sick, you will easily be able to conquer both the Hive, and Equestria, and place yourself as ruler of both! and most of the Hive is already on your side, so It won’t take much more than a small push to topple them into you hooves!”

General Bulvar grinned maliciously at his scouts plan. “Brilliant!” he said. “Deliver the news to the rest of our troops stationed near Ponyville. Spread the word that they are too attack when ready!” The scout nodded and took his leave. Bulvar Looked back out over his encampment. Twelve thousand Changelings were under his complete control, ready to live or die at his hand. Soon, the entirety of Equestria would be his to rule. The only thought that flew through his head was all the power he could control.

So lost in his dreaming, he did not hear the approaching heavy footfalls, and the dripping of some kind of liquid falling to the ground. General Bulvar hummed to himself as he returned to his large tent, the dim light if his lantern being the only light in the dark night, save two large ferocious, blood red eyes. The General glanced around as he heard a soft growling outside his tent. “Whos there?” he called suspiciously. “Come out now, or face my-” the threat died in his throat as the shadow of something enormous loomed over his tent. His eyes widened as he notice two glowing red eyes through the tent. The growling grew louder as he stumbled back.

“Guards.” he whispered quietly. “Guar-!” his sentence was cut off as whatever-it-was-with-glowing-red-eyes lunged through the tent, and grasped Bulvar with razor sharp teeth. The lantern was knocked to the ground as the creature swung bulvar to and fro, painting the sides of the tent red with blood. The general screamed in terror as his body parts were ripped from his body in gory indescribable sounds.

Around the encampment, hordes of Changelings were awoken by the sounds of their generals screams. They rushed towards the tent, murmuring and crying for their leader, covering up the sudden snapping sound, and the eerie silence from inside the tent.

“General!” a Changeling called. “Are you alright?”

Obviously, the IQ of a Changeling must not be that high.

But, miraculously, from the opening flap of the tent walked none other than General Bolvar, covered in blood, and with a manic smile on his face. “My sincerest apologies for the noise!” he said brightly. “Just taking care of a few slight problems!” His eyes flashed a deep dark red. “Please, go back to sleep. We have a busy morning tomorrow!”

Muttering, the Changelings dispersed, as this wasn't the first time one of Bulvar had decided to go a bit over the top on an interrogation. They all retreated to their tents, save three, who moved towards the tent. Bulvar moved to intercept them, ginning. “Oh, don’t bother with that!” He said. “I can clean up my own mess.” The guards stared at him, appalled.

“But you always order us to get rid of your torture victims!” one cried.

“Well, not this time!” he responded brightly.

The three Changelings glanced at each other. the first speaker turned back to Bulvar. “The Phoenix flies at sundown.” he said suspiciously.

The general smiled “Oh does it?” he asked.

The three changelings glanced on each other, and then glared at the General. “SIr, you have failed to comply to the password. You are to be taken to the rest of the Hive for questioning and-” They were interrupted by a loud sigh from the general.

“Goodness, and I just ate! And now you three showed up!” he sighed loudly again. The three Changelings looked confused.

“I beg you pardon si-”

“HACK”
“SLASH”
“CHOMP”

“Great, now my appetite is ruined!”