• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 1,372 Views, 57 Comments

When Love Falls - Quantum Solace



Chryselia, Princess of the Changelings, flees her home in the hopes of living a life of peace in ponyville. As the saying goes, "How Sentimental."

  • ...
8
 57
 1,372

Oh Gods... (rewriten)

Chapter 1

Oh Gods...

“Rarity!” Chryselia’s ears twitched. “Wake up Rarity!” Light flooded her vision as she blinked her eyes open. Standing over her was a small purple dragon. For a minute she was confused. Where was that idiot guard who insisted on kicking her awake every morning? Suddenly memories of the last night came flooding back to her. Running away, being followed, that weird pony being taken away. She sat up quickly realizing that she must have fallen asleep outside. Glancing around, she noticed the small purple dragon looking up at her in confusion,

“What’s wrong Rarity?” The dragon took her hoof in his hand. She napped it away, confused. The little dragon looked hurt. “Rarity? Its me, Spike. Are you okay? Did you hit your head or something?” Spike. The name that was written on that necklace that the pony had dropped. This must be her pony... dragon-friend? The thought puzzled her for a moment. Once again, the dragon, Spike, tried to take her hoof again. This time, she did not move away.

“Oh I'm fine Spike.” She said. Spike the dragon stared at her. “What?” she asked.

“What happened to your accent?” he inquired, eyebrows scrunching up.

Chryselia froze. “My what?” she said, a slight hint of fear entering her voice.

“Your accent.” Spike said. He did a little stage cough to clear his throat, the spoke in a terrible imitation of a Mid-Atlantic English accent. “Oh darling i'm absolutely fine.” he said. Chryselia was taken aback. If this “Rarity” speaks like that, she must be up tight. She paused. And everyone must hate her. Either way, unless she wanted her cover to be blown, she had to fake it.

“I'm sorry Spike,” she said, in a perfect imitation of Rarity’s voice. “I was trying to see what you would say if I switched accents.” She grinned at him timidly for emphasis. Spike broke into a wide smile.

“It was great Rarity!” he then looked at the ground. “But you regular voice s-suites you.” he said, blushing a bit. Chryselia rolled her tongue against the wall of her mouth. This dragon had a thing with a pony? She thought. she wasn't even of the opinion that this was even possible. Dragons and ponies don’t mix. It was common knowledge. But apparently, these two had something going on. And unless she wanted to head back to the hive, she would have fake it.

Levitating Spike gently, she lightly kissed his scaly cheek. That was another thing. The entire, “lets imitate ponies and ruin their love lives,” that most of her kind enjoyed was lost to her. She didn't see the point in doing so. How hard was it to gain some actual affection from a pony? This creature was absolutely smitten with the unicorn mare she was imitating, so it could really be that hard, could it?

The little dragon looked up with her, trying not to blush, and changing the subject. “Are you ready for Fluttershy’s party?” he asked. Chryselia looked at him blankly. Spike sighed. “Honestly, are you okay? It was your idea to have a party for her.” Chryselia gave a light, uncomfortable laugh.

“Oh yes! I remember now.” she said. “It was to celebrate her... birthday?” she asked hesitantly.

Spike laughed. “I never thought you’d be pulling funny jokes like that Rarity! Its to celebrate her reforming Discord!” Chryselia’s blood turned ice cold. Only days before, had her mother told her how the cruel, and chaotic Discord had turned leaf and decided to use his powers for good, thanks to Fluttershy, the Element of Harmony wielder of Kindness. She silently scolded herself. How could she not have realized that this was the one and only Rarity she was imitating? Her mother had spent endless hours lecturing her on them, so how could she not have realized...

“Oh... yes!” she stammered. “And Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle will be there too right?” Maybe she got it wrong?

“Oh yes! and Applejack, and Pinkie Pie!”

Nope.

“ Oh, And, Twilight says that maybe Princess Luna will take time off to come down during her free time!”

Hoooooo-raaaay. Just pile on the pressure.


“By the way,” Spike started. “Did you finish those dresses? The ones you said you’d give to Fluttershy?”

Oh for the love of...! Some very colorful language sprung into her head at that point, and she had to bite her tongue to keep her from spraying it all over the little dragons face. He was looking up at her with large adorable eyes. She flashed him a pained smile. “Of course I did darling!” she said. “I wouldn't leave my friends hanging.” She managed to put on a sincere smile this time. Spike beamed at her, and gave her a tight hug. Chryselia was surprised. She knew she shouldn't be, after all this is how ponies convey their feelings, but she hadn't been hugged since she was a little child. She leaned towards him, and returned the hug, still a little mystified. Spike backed up a bit, letting her go. For some reason, she felt as though she had just lost something, and wanted it back. Like Spike had given her something during their brief hug, and then taken it away.

“I’ll see you at the party this afternoon!” Spike said. “And don't forget: try to bring something for Luna!” He scampered off in the direction of a large tree, that she could only guess was the library. She sighed. It was going to be a very long day.


It was about high noon by the time she finally arrived at her “home.” Getting there had involved a hoof fight, some accidental throwing of knives, a man yelling, “Not my Cabbages!” and almost being seduced by Mrs. Cheerilee. But she had made it. Rarity lived at her shop, the Carousel Boutique. It was a rather fancy looking place, with a work room and bedroom at the top. Or so Mrs. Cheerilee had said. That pony was the most erotic, fetish, little.... her thoughts were interrupted by a meow. A rather fat, white cat, clawed its way out of a cat flap. It stared up at Chryselia.

Chryselia had never really liked cats. Her mother had once tried to make her happy by stealing a cat from some pony. She had thrown it out of her 1,000 foot high window about three days after. And this one seemed to know what it was looking at, for it hissed at her, and streaked back inside the house/shop.

Chryselia rolled her eyes and walked in after the cat. First things first, what was the condition of the house, and what did she know about Rarity? Upon crossing the threshold, she noticed a small note on the floor. Levitating it to her face, she read it. It was rather difficult, as there were small gems plastered to it, as well as an overwhelming amount of glue.

Dear......

Im..... Applejacks. The Cutie Ma- (there was an enormous glob of glue here) Appleja..... Sweet Apple Acer..... night. ….....cl..... your room. Be ba...... after a few da...........

Love Sweetie Belle.

Of What little she could decipher from this, some pony friend of Raity’s was going to Applejack’s house at Sweet Apple Acres for a few days. She wasn't sure what in pony’s name was the Cutie Ma, but she figured she’d better find out quick. Setting the letter in a nearby table, she walked up a small flight of stairs. She emerged in a small hallway lined with rooms. One said, “Do Not Enter, Rarity’s room.” Well this looks promising. Chryselia thought as pushed open the door, and looked around.

The room was an absolute mess, articles of clothing were strewn about the room. Several Pony-quin stands were littered about the room, as well as ribbons and dressmaking materials. She sighed as she suddenly remembered what her mother had told her.

“Remember dear,” Chrysalis told her. “Rarity has a special way of doing things. She calls it, ‘Organized Chaos.’” Chryselia sighed.

“Mom, where do you find the time to stalk these ponies? If you want to ask one out on a date, just do it. No need be some kind of creeper.” Chrysalis whacked her upside the head.

“No need to be cheeky.” she scolded.. “As punishment, you will reread to me all the names of the ponies who were important in flawing my last invasion.” Then, she giggled and tickled Chryselia with a feather. “Then, we could go and find you something interesting to do.” Chryselia laughed, and fell off her chair. Her mother gazed at her, admiration glowing in her eyes.

For a moment, her heart flinched in pain. For the first time, she felt home sick. Her poor mother must have realized by now that the Rarity she had was not her daughter. She sighed and walked around the enormous mound of clothing to a full body mirror. She stood there, looking at her from as Rarity. Closing her eyes, she concentrated on her true form. A green light glowed from her horn, traveling down her body. As it did, she grew taller, her body grew darker. Her horn grew longer and twisted. Her mane style changed as well changing to an azure green color. Her hooves became hard and sharp, and holes grew into her legs. Opening her eyes, she saw a smaller version of her mother, only about the size of the average pony. Her eyes were different as well, one was red, while the other was a sharp green. Atop her head lay two things: a Small black crown, with three green orbs on if, and a silver crescent moon hair pin, sparkling in the soft, yellow light of Rarity’s room. She looked at herself, thankful that her bruises had finally vanished from the night a few days ago. She remembered promising herself that she would get revenge on the Changelings that had violated her. With any luck, she had.

Sighing, she turned around, when something at the window caught her eyes. Staring at her was a gray mare, with nicely done gray-white hair, purple eyes, and a purple bow tie. Chryselia yelped, and took a few steps backwards. The mare in the window jumped back as well... save there really wasn't anything for her to fall onto but thin air. The mare’s eyes widened as she fell backwards. “NOOOO!” Chryselia cried and rushed to the open window. The small mare was free falling to the ground 20 feet beneath her, head first. If she landed, there was no way she would survive.

Reaching out as far as she could, she grabbed the mare’s back hoof, giving her a beautiful view of her.... moving on Chrysellia thought, blushing slightly as she dragged the mare back up into Rarity’s room. The gray pony curled up on her carpet, staring up at Chryselia with huge, terrified eyes. “Wh-who are...” The pony stuttered with a heavy British accent. Chryselia glanced at the mirror, realizing she still looked like herself. Quickly, she shifted back into her Rarity form. The pony gasped, then spoke in a very quiet voice. “Are you going to kill me?” she whispered.

Chryselia rolled her eyes. “Honestly,” she said in her mid Atlantic drawl, which had become automatic now, “If I had wanted to kill you, I just would have let you fall off this house, not save your life.” she sighed. Pony’s can be so stupid. The gray mare collected herself and propped herself up on her forelegs.

“You're obviously a Changeling, so maybe you are trying to get some form of information from me.”

Maybe not so stupid.

“I'm not.” She said. “I swear on the heart of Lilith, the first Changeling.” The gray pony narrowed her eyes, but nodded. Her eyes betrayed her disbelief however. Chryselia decided it would be better to let it slide. “What's your name?” she asked politely. The pony raised her head proudly.

“My name,” stated the mare, holding her head high, “Is Octavia Philharmonica II, first seat Cellist in the Royal Canterlot Orchestra.”

Author's Note:

I must say, I had a hell of alot more fun rewriting this, than I did writing it. Actually, technically, it was editing, but whatever.

Edited bah m'self, and Jordan Sparkle Vick.