• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 3,483 Views, 19 Comments

The Return of Sombra - WriteAboutHorses



King Sombra, ruler of the Crystal Empire was defeated 1000 years ago and sealed away in the arctic north of Equestria, but he left something behind that could bring him back.

  • ...
7
 19
 3,483

Epilogue

Epilogue

It had been a week since Sombra was defeated and turned back into Shadow Blaze. Shining Armor and Cadence's coronation was only a few days away and everypony was preparing for the event.

Rarity designed dresses for everypony, she was in charge of Cadence's mane, Shining Armor's new traditional robe and she even made a robe for Shadow Blaze to wear since he was to become a duke.

"Oh, darling! Your mane is simply divine!" Rarity complimented her own work as she finished off Cadence's mane, she weaved Crystals into it so it would resemble the Traditional Royal Headdress, but also kept it straight so it was less hard work to get extensions in and get them all just right.

Cadence's new dress was also the best dress Rarity could possibly come out with, even better than Cadence's wedding dress. The whole thing had a yellow, purple and magenta pattern, studded with Crystals at the hemlines and a gorgeous scarf.

Shining Armor's robe was recycled from the one Shadow Blaze used as King Sombra. Rarity touched it up a little so that it was much longer and trailed behind him. He wore his Royal Guard armor under it.

But the most beautiful dress of all was Trixie's, hooves down.

She wore a long purple dress studded with all sorts of gemstones. Her mane was tied in a bun with a little crystal heart clip in it. She still wore her amulet with it, being able to switch it from a suit of armor to a simple necklace at any time. Her shoes were made specially for her, carved out of the best crystals found in the catacombs of the castle. The shimmering would have ponies staring at the mare's hooves for hours.

Just as the ceremony was about to begin, Trixie stepped up to make an announcement to her new friends.

"I just want to say that this adventure has made me realise the importance of friendship. When I put on the Alicorn Amulet back at the very beginning, I done it because I wanted power. I was thinking about myself. But last week, when I put on the Crystal Amulet, I did it for a completely different reason. All you ponies showed you cared about me, you showed me that even after all the horrible things I did to you in Ponyville when I first visited, I deserved a second chance, I put on that amulet to help my friends and save the Crystal Empire. And I will always remember that moment. Thank you all for showing me the light."

As the sound of flugel horns echoed through the castle, Cadence, Shining Armor, Spike, Shadow Blaze and Trixie, stepped out to the balcony, follow by the mane 6.

"We are gathered here today, once again, to witness the coronation of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, and Prince Shining Armor." The priest from the first coronation announced.

The elderly stallion turned around and approached Cadence.

"By the power invested in me by Queen Winter Breeze, I hereby coronate you Queen Mi Amore Cadenza of the Crystal Empire."

He then turned to Shining Armor. "As the husband of the Queen of the Crystal Empire, I hereby crown you King Shining Armor of the Crystal Empire."

At that everypony in the Crystal Empire cheered for their new rulers as the couple waved to their new subjects.

"Now, as King of the Crystal Empire, I am obliged to reward these two ponies, and dragon, for their deeds." Shining Armor announced.

The new king turned to Spike first, the baby dragon bowed low. "Spike the Dragon. For your heroic efforts of bringing the Crystal Heart to the Crystal Faire during King Sombra's first attack, I herby knight you Sir Spike the Dragon." Shining Armor levitated an old sword and touched Spike on his shoulders with it. He was now officially knighted.

Next, he turned to Trixie. "Trixie, for becoming the bearer of the Crystal Amulet and defeating King Sombra during his second attack, and turning him back into Prince Shadow Blaze, I herby knight you Lady Trixie, The Great and Powerful, Bearer of the Crystal Amulet." Shining Armor done the same to Trixie as he had done to Spike, next he turned to Shadow Blaze.

"Prince Shadow Blaze, despite the fact you are no longer royalty, Cadence and I have agreed that we will make you a duke, so I herby.... um, what do you do when you make somepony a duke? Um, I hererby... make you Shadow Blaze, Duke of the Crystal Empire."

Later that day, The mane 6, Cadence, Shining Armor, Trixie and Shadow Blaze were all in the ballroom of the castle, celebrating the coronation.

"Well, that was some epic adventure! As usual, everything turned out great, and we didn't even have to use the Elements of Harmony!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Yeah, We didn't even have to do anything, what was the whole point of us even being in this story?" Twilight asked.

"Don't ask me" Pinkie answered "It's my crazy weirdo depressed alter-ego who writes these, apparently."

Everyone stared at Pinkie for a few moments but burst out laughing after, it was the perfect end to a perfect adventure!

"Hey! That's cheesy! Think of something better next time" Pinkie growled

Author's Note:

So, there you have it. It's all over! I had so much fun writing this and it made me happy and sad at the same time to mark it as Complete. Anyway, my new story will be about in a couple weeks, I want to write the whole thing first so that there's no delay on updating it, I can be quite lazy. Anyway, like I said at the very beginning this is non-canon. That's why I tagged it as Alternate Universe. In all my other stories, This will never have happened, Trixie will still be her old show-off self, Shining Armor and Cadence won't be King and Queen. Remember to leave feedback and let me know if I made any errors. Thanks so much for reading this, It's my very first story and I'm so so so so so happy I finished it. I hope you all enjoyed it :)

Comments ( 2 )

Thanks everyone for reading this and sticking with me this whole time :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

I was kinda wanting a Trixie and Shadow marriage. Maybe later.

Login or register to comment