• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 3,483 Views, 19 Comments

The Return of Sombra - WriteAboutHorses



King Sombra, ruler of the Crystal Empire was defeated 1000 years ago and sealed away in the arctic north of Equestria, but he left something behind that could bring him back.

  • ...
7
 19
 3,483

A Letter From the Princess

Chapter 2: A Letter From the Princess

Trixie walked with Twilight Sparkle through the streets of the city. All her friends were grouped together by a drinks stall. Trixie could remember them all. The cyan pegasus with the rainbow mane, Rainbow Dash wasn’t it? Rarity, Trixie remembered what she had done to Rarity’s mane; Green wasn’t her colour after all. Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Applejack.

“What? Why is she here?” Asked Rainbow Dash, angered at the sight of Trixie.

“She was all alone so I thought maybe she could use our company.” Replied Twilight

“Twilight! I. Have. A. Letter. From. The princess!” Spike, Twilight’s dragon and #1 assistant had ran all the way from the palace where he was helping Princess Cadence and Shining Armor prepare for their coronation later that day. He was exhausted from the run.

Spike took the letter from behind his back and showed it to Twilight

My Dearest Twilight.

A guard of mine has reported a small outburst of King Sombra’s magic outside the Crystal Empire about an hour ago. I fear this could mean his return.

I suggest that you return to Canterlot at once to retrieve the Elements of Harmony just in case the Crystal Heart does not keep him out of the city.

I believe a train will be departing for Canterlot from the Crystal Empire in about 1 hour. If you are coming to Canterlot I suggest you take that train.

Once you have retrieved the Elements of Harmony, the faith of Equestria and the Crystal Empire is in your hooves.

Sincerely,
Princess Celestia

Twilight folded the letter and put it in her saddle bag.

“Sorry Trixie, but we have to leave for Canterlot in an hour to meet the Princess. I hope you don’t mind, unless you want to come?”

“Oh no, I don’t mind I will stay here, there’s just something about this place that makes me want to stay for a while. Go ahead to Canterlot.”

The ponies galloped off to the train station as Trixie headed for the palace, where a guided tour was about to take place.

In the middle of the tour, Trixie was in the throne room when her amulet began to glow. A beam from it pointed to the wall. Trixie followed it and walked to the wall. But something made her keep walking even when she got close enough to it. Trixie tried to stop and was just about to walk into the wall. She braced for impact and closed her eyes.

Eventually, she stopped walking. She opened her eyes and realised she was in some sort of little drawing room. Another beam from her amulet projected something on the table. Trixie looked closer to the projection and concluded that is was a unicorn stallion.

“Who are you?” Trixie asked

“I, Am King Sombra”

Author's Note:

Chapter 2, yay! I'll try and keep a steady update schedule from here on in. Every Monday maybe? But anyway there's probably still a few grammer mistakes in there, help me by pointing them out so I can fix them (Since I'm too lazy to proofread) Anyway, comment what you think and any errors you find. Promise next chapter will be longer! I'm suffering from writer's block right now