• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 3,483 Views, 19 Comments

The Return of Sombra - WriteAboutHorses



King Sombra, ruler of the Crystal Empire was defeated 1000 years ago and sealed away in the arctic north of Equestria, but he left something behind that could bring him back.

  • ...
7
 19
 3,483

Luna Joins the Fun

Chapter 3: Luna Joins the Fun

“King Sombra?” Trixie asked “I think I hear of you somewhere before”
Trixie tried to think of where she heard of him
“Oh Yeah! You were the evil king of the Crystal Empire 1000 years ago right?”

“Evil? Oh is that still being tossed around?” Sombra asked. “It’s all a lie, I’m no kinder a pony than you, Trixie”

I’m not that kind of a pony, Trixie thought to herself. “Wait, how do you know my name?” Trixie asked, shocked

“You are wearing my amulet aren’t you? I know everything about anypony who wears this”

Trixie was a little creeped out by the stallion, but maybe he was telling the truth about him being nicer than everypony thought.

“So, what’s so important that you feel the need to talk to me?” Trixie asked

“Well, you are the pony that found my amulet. And I think you could be the perfect mare to help my public image! Convince the crystal ponies that I am a nice stallion and maybe they’d say they would prefer me over that girly pink pony Princess Cadence” Sombra scowled at the thought of Cadence ruling his empire.

“Well, maybe I can help you” Trixie offered. “But only if you make me a princess!”

“Oh yes!” King Sombra replied “You were always going to be royalty if you went along with this.”

^^^^^^^^

“Princess Celestia! We came as soon as we got your letter” Twilight and the rest of the Mane 6 ran into Canterlot Castle to meet Princess Celestia.

“Thank you for coming Twilight, follow me please.” Princess Celestia lead the ponies to Canterlot Tower, where the Elements of Harmony were kept. Princess Luna was waiting for them.

“Luna will be accompanying you back to the Crystal Empire, she begged me to let her go for 2 hours straight.” Celestia explained. She walked over to the safe where the Elements were kept and opened it up. She then took the chest holding the elements and distributed them to the Mane 6.

“King Sombra is a very powerful enemy who can only be defeated by the Crystal Heart of the Elements of Harmony, if he is not stopped before he returns and takes over the Crystal Empire, all of Equestria could be doomed!” Luna explained.

“We’ve defeated him once, we can do it again!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed!

“Ooh ooh ooh! Can we go back now!? The coronation’s in a few hours and I wanna get some more crystal cotton candy!” Pinkie Pie screamed

“The coronation!” Twilight gasped “That’s when Sombra’s gonna reveal himself, it has to be!”

“You’re probably right, Twilight!” Rarity said “If he does anything to Cadence’s dress that I worked so hard on he’ll be getting a big dose of the Elements of Harmony!”

The 7 ponies and boarded the train to the Crystal Empire and headed back to find Sombra!

Author's Note:

Still only in the 100s, I don't know how many words are in a chapter until it's submitted so I really can't help it, I think I done a pretty long chapter and then BAM I upload it and It's only 400 words, I can never make long enough chapters (Fun Fact: Chapter 1 was supposed to be 2 seperate chapters, the 1000 years later bit should have been chapter 2 but I merged them so I could publish the story here) I will try really really really hard to make the next chapter at least 1000 words, Cross my heat and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
EDIT: I broke my Pinkie Promise, hang me now