• Published 10th Jan 2013
  • 602 Views, 7 Comments

To Improve Human Nature - Dragonfire2lm



sent to a genderbent world with a hybrid body the main character must deal with being Dusk shine's body guard and the events of the show.

  • ...
11
 7
 602

First lessons

The newly dubbed 'Sunset Moonfire' awoke surrounded by elegant white marble walls and plush red carpet. Now there are morning ponies that are bushy tailed and bright eyed in the morning, and those who are sluggish and grumpy each sunrise.

And true to her name Sunset was not a morning pony. She opened her eyes and sat up the carpet, wincing slightly at the bright midday sunlight shinning through a plain glass window. She looked around the room finding it to be sparse of any furniture, decorations and ornaments, save for a few vases and a large mirror on the wall in front of her.

Now a half-asleep brain is a remarkable thing, things it would percieve to be out of place it would brush aside and anything that would normally cause a normal fully functioning person to hyperventilate in fear, a groggy person would normally not be fazed, or in the oppisite approach be shocked into high alert.

What was remarkable about Sunset in this state that she would be prone to answer questions with an intellectual frame of mind easier, point out things or in this case stare at herself in the mirror and merely blink at her new appearance.

Her front half resembled an earth pony mare. A sapphire blue coat and a sunet orange mane that reached down to her shoulders and had a small fringe that parted in he middle. What was peculiar were the blue-grey eyes with black slitted pupils, the sapphire blue bat-like wigs folded at her sides and the fact the back half of her body resembled a dragon. Sapphire blue scales and a line of sunset orange fur running down her spine. the end of her serpentine-like tail had a large tuft of orange fur on the end.

Though she noticed she lacked a cutie mark.

"Huh neat-" she began.

"WHAT THE RUTT HAPPENED TO MY VOICE?!" she shrieked.

She still sounded female and only slightly deep somewhere between Twilight's vocal range and Princess Luna. the thing that was off was her accent. no longer did she have a mild Australian accent, instead it was American.

It was then that Princess Celestia walked into the room.

"I see you're adjusting" The sun pricess said.

"But-" Sunset began.

"We had to make it seem like you've lived in Equestria your whole life, so sadly you couldn't keep your original accent" Celestia explained.

"Oh..."

"Today I'll be teaching how to move in your new body, from walking and flying to breathing fire-"

"I can breath fire?!" Sunset exclaimed excitedly.

"You can, dragons can use two types of fire, norma lfire and magical fire, magical has a different colour to regular flames as it is formed by the dragons inner magic" the Princess explained, and with her magic, summoned a series of scrolls. "I'm going to teach you how to access that iner magic and use it to send these to me as a training exercise".

----------------
After many a broken vase, burnt curtains and slight cracks in the wall, Sunset had mastered walking, flying and channeling magic into her flames to perform spells. As the dragon mage and the princess began cleaning up their mess the sun had already vanished beyond the horizon, the act of making way for the night was instinctual as breathing for the solar princess, the moon slowly climbing to take its place in the night sky.

"Wow that late already?" Sunset said in astonsihment at how the hours flew by. "No wonder I'm sore".

Taking a moment to look out at the night sky, Sunset noticed something, the moon was still marked with the symbol of the mare in the moon, though it looked a little...off. It was then she remembered one important detail about this version of Equestria.

"Princess Luna is a guy isn't she.." the dragon mage deadpanned.

"You mean Prince Nova, yes he is" the solar princess replied.

"Huh so it would be stallion in the moon then?" Sunset asked.

"No, I'm afraid it's 'monster in the moon', the writer wasn't terribly kind to my brother when she came up with that idea" The Princess replied with a sigh.

"I'm sorry"

"It's alright my little pony, he'll be back soon enough"

Silence passed between the two as they walked down one of the many elaborately decorated halls of the castle.

"How does the legend of Nightmare Moon differ in this universe anyway?" Sunset asked.

"Well Instead of 'Nightmare Moon' He called himself 'Midnight Colt' but other than that I think the legend, as you put it, stayed the same".

"Oh" Sunset replied.

Celestia looked down at her newest subject and smiled.

"Is there anything else you'd like to ask?"

"Actually there is something..."

Author's Note:

I took way too long to write this..blame the downvotes...

Comments ( 3 )

Keep trying. There are a few spelling errors, might want to check those.

2727993

thanks, I'll go through those another time, I'm trying to update multiple fics atm (and one of them isn't even a pony fic), so yeah.

thank you for the comment.

2659641 *gasp* sits and waits some more in the corner patiently. "my bad" :twilightblush:

Login or register to comment