• Published 1st Jan 2013
  • 2,748 Views, 17 Comments

Running on Borrowed Time - Serenity Grace



You walked out of my life years before....why do you have to be back now? (FlutterDash)

  • ...
9
 17
 2,748

Time to Forget

Disclaimer: I do not own the ponies! What I do own is the ideas and the writing. I also do not own the main theme, or Prompt!





The pop-beat techno music continued to play within the club.

A young woman slowly walked into the dance area, wearing a loose fitting cream colored shirt with black lace in the center, decorated with ebony buttons. Accenting the top was a tan layered skirt with a leather belt slipped around the middle, the same as the buttons on her upperwear. It looked as if the outfit, complete with knee high stockings and brown boots had been made just for her.

In fact, it had been.



‘Rarity….you know I’m not good when it comes to social gatherings….’ The pink haired winged girl thought with a soft sigh. Fluttershy was older now, having it been only a few years. She did not change much, only became somewhat more assertive. That doesn’t mean that she wouldn’t shy away instantly when someone shows her affection or even says so little as a ‘hello’. She just…could handle it a bit better.

Fluttershy quietly walked into the group of other party-goers, mumbling soft ‘excuse me’s and ‘pardon me’s as she reached the center of the dance floor. She glanced her teal orbs up towards where the booming music was coming from, and smiled as a greeting.

And Vinyl smiled back, giving her a slight wave as she began to play another song, something a bit softer…a bit more sensual. Almost immediately, people began to pair up with others, leaving a lone pink haired girl alone right in the middle.

“V-Vinyl…why would you—“ Fluttershy began to complain to herself, blushing slightly at the sight of dance partners begin to rub up against each other in a more then friendly way. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea, maybe she should have just stayed home, write a new song or read that book that she borrowed from Twilight. Maybe she should—

….No way.

Her thoughts stopped, her breathing hitched…everything seemed to freeze in time, right then and there.

Was she…really there?

There, standing quietly only a few feet away from the stunned girl…was an old friend.

….

She didn’t understand….why in Equestria would ‘she’ be here? She had left….She had left to travel, to see the world and train with all the greatest flyers in the entire world…

Why….Why was she back?

“….Rainbow….Dash…..” Fluttershy whispered, the name almost slipping off her tongue like a cryptic riddle, or a magic spell.

Indeed, it was Rainbow Dash….a taller, more toned…and blank faced Rainbow Dash. No…No, blank faced wasn’t the right word for how she expressed her features.

…Hardened. She looked hardened, as if she had been through years of brutal training.

Years….four years, she had been gone, to be exact. Four years she had been gone and did not even come to say goodbye to her. Only a simple note taped to her door:

‘I’m sorry.’

And now, here she was, out of nowhere, only just a few inches from her.

Oh, did she mention that Rainbow Dash was coming closer to her? Because she was.

Fluttershy could not help but gulp as the more masculine female (or should she say ‘warrior’?) was now only centimeters apart from her figure, her eyes staring right down into her own shaky gaze. Without a single word, her old friend reached her arms towards the frailer girl and slowly wrapped around her slim waist, calloused palms pressing against her quivering hips.

Her breath only halted further, and her eyes only escalated in wideness. What was…happening? Within a span of several minutes, Rainbow Dash had come crashing back into her life, pressed intimately against her body as the scent of foreign spices that she had never inhaled before wafted into her nose, slipping permanently into her brain.

‘She smells so good,” Fluttershy thought as she felt her eyes slip half lidded, teal orbs gazing up in a light confusion as she felt her body being rocked back and forth.

Within the course of at least a half an hour, the two once close childhood friends, something more if one looked close enough were dancing intimately with each other, each sensual movement, the rhythm of their heart beats pounding against their chest as they continued to stare into each other’s eyes. The only time that their locked gaze would be broken is when Fluttershy would close her eyes, wishing that the moment would continue to last.

It was only until the music faded away into a different song, when the pink haired Pegasus found herself pressed against the wall near the exit with rose colored orbs staring deeply into her own…when a memory she wished she could forget slipped back into her head:

“Dash will come back eventually…even if it takes awhile,” Twilight smiled in that calm manner, watching the shaking pink haired girl curl into a ball, muffled whimpers echoing from her hidden features.

“This is what she wants….this is what she needs, I think. I know where she is going to train, and though they’re tough and won’t allow her much rest, she is allowed ONE day off after she completes several levels of her trial. I’m sorry, Fluttershy…but that could take years. And once she uses that one day off…she will not be allowed another until her training is complete.”

One day off….

Never to be seen again until training is complete….

She had so many questions, so many things she wanted to ask. Fluttershy wanted to yell, she wanted to scream at Rainbow Dash for leaving her without so much as a good bye. How she could wish farewells to everyone else but her! She wanted to be mad…

But the pink haired girl could only mumble one sentence, underneath those hot lights and loud music as their lips were only inches apart.

“…You have…beautiful eyes….” Fluttershy whispered.

The one with those beautiful orbs seemed as if she had a thousand words to say, millions of things she wanted to explain, wanted to do…but knew she could not. She was running out of time.

So all that this ‘different’ Rainbow Dash could do…was slightly smile.

“Happy Birthday, Shy.”

-end-

Author's Note:

THE FEELS. This would have to be one of my favorite fanfictions, as I could totally picture this happen. I'm a rather twisted person, yes? Please comment and enjoy! (Sorry for the elipses, I'm too lazy to remove them right now!)

Author's Note for 30minuteponies submission: Hopefully I got this submitted on time, I was incredibly busy today! I had two ideas for this Prompt, but I think I will stick with this one. Shorter…and it has my OTP, in all its glory. Once again, the characters are human! I just keep picturing them like this, gah! Enjoy! (Also, there’s a bit of reference to “Something Missing”, my first Prompt and a little treat for anyone who reads infamous Pony fanfiction. If you can catch the treat, you get a virtual cookie! : ) )

Comments ( 17 )

Short, yes, but sweet. Nice. :moustache:

you should drop the dark tag, it's not really appropriate.

1885791 :) Thank you very much!

1885885 ): It isn't? Oh gosh, I'm sorry. Alright, I'll take it down right now. I'm sure you know best!

aww that was sad but still sweet in a way. well done!

"Happy birthday, Shy." Wow... just, wow. :pinkiesad2: It's not often I find humanized Flutterdash that I love this much. Bravo, good author, bravo.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuughnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FEELS! THE TEARS THAT SHED DOWN MY FACE OMG! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FLUTTERDASH!

:fluttershysad::fluttershbad:

Soo......beautiful....its great.

Comment posted by Sweet_Destruction deleted Jun 8th, 2013

Everytime I read it I get butterflies in my tummy. Its sooooooo cute. <3 Great writing.

:pinkiesad2:
I want to cry at the amazing-ness of this. just... beautiful.
:pinkiesad2::fluttercry::pinkiesad2::raritydespair::pinkiesad2::raritycry::pinkiesad2:

One of my very favorites!

es el mejor que he leido de esta pareja:ajsmug:

Panicking! I flipping love this story!!!

Login or register to comment