• Published 15th Jan 2012
  • 2,631 Views, 49 Comments

Discords renascent - Vidhwansak



After being imprisoned in stone twice, Discord gets his second chance...

  • ...
3
 49
 2,631

Day Three: Neutrality Vs The angry mob

Day Three: Neutrality Vs The angry mob

(I apologize...It seems that I have fallen into writers block during the writing of this chapter and my general laziness has prevented me from releasing this on time; I also don't really have all the content I wanted to squeeze into it, although I have yet to find the reason why. I decided not to split this chapter up in two parts, since it didn't honestly feel right. This will be another chapter I'm noting for a rewrite if necessary.)



There was the mechanical sound of somepony frantically typing away in a deserted library in Canterlot, accompanied only by a few reference and dictionary books that the pegasus needed in her writing. It was just after breakfast, and the pegasus had been at the computer ever since then. As her hooves danced across the keyboard, she sighed as she completed yet another paragraph, then erased the whole thing. The poor pegasus couldn't think of a suitable way to end the chaos that a certain unicorn started, at least, in a suitable way that actually made sense on all sides of the story. Frowning, the pegasus looked at the pitiful start that she made on her most current chapter. It wasn't much, just a short little author's note apologizing for the last chapter (That she said was edited poorly by one of her friends), and a paragraph that started Neutrality's day, up to breakfast.

However, after that, she just couldn't think of anything to write. Nothing seemed to pop into her mind that would be acceptable in her story. She began typing once again, only to backspace it all. She very nearly slammed her hooves on the keyboard had not a certain unicorn bearing books entered the library. The pegasus looked behind her, and paused in her writing as she saw Hayley, the unicorn she met yesterday. The unicorn smiled at the pegasus, and spoke softly.

"Hello, Vidhwansak, I must say, I didn't expect to see you here."

"Why, hello, Hayley. What brings you to the library?"

"Oh, I just wanted to turn in a few of these books that I checked out. Do you know where the librarian is?"

"He told me he was going to get a light snack of coffee and some pastries; he told me that the library was probably safe in my hooves, so he let me stay here while he went to get refreshments. Hm, I thought he locked the doors behind him before he left; how did you get in here, Hayley?"

The unicorn looked surprised, and she placed her bags down. She used her magic to root through them, and Vidhwansak watched, slightly curious as to why she was looking through her bags instead of telling her. Finally, the unicorn smiled as she brought out a key.

"I'm an assistant librarian here; I love books, so why not surround myself with them as my job? Although," she added, rather sheepishly, "It is quite hard to stay focused on your job when you have so much knowledge surrounding you. If you've been here for a few days already and haven't seen me since yesterday, it's because my work hours are very flexible, and I really only come by here whenever I want to turn in a few books or check some more out. Anyway, is there anything I could help you with? You seem a little strained over there, any particular thing that's bothering you right now, Vidhwansak?"

The pegasus rolled her eyes, and looked glumly at what she had for a start to her newest chapter, which was still merely about Neutrality's breakfast.

"Well, you see, I'm writing this story...And one of my friends currently residing with me in Canterlot here, Gydina, a unicorn such as yourself, happened to edit the story in a way that completely messes up the path I was taking the story along originally. Now, I can't think of anything that would continue on the story without making it look bad."

Hayley smiled reassuringly, and began to unpack her books and other belongings onto a nearby table. "Couldn't you just edit the chapter that this Gydina edited for you? Surely such damage isn't permanent, especially on a computer."

"The problem with that is that this story I'm writing is on the internet, and a few ponies have already read through it. They've sent me comments about how they're either liking or disliking the sudden new direction I'm taking the story in, but it wasn't what I had in mind of writing..."

"Well, Vidhwansak, if all else fails and you're running close to a deadline, you could take the story along in the direction that Gydina more or less has now forced you to take. You may not like it, but it's a possibility you could take. You could also twist the story around, like how some authors have their characters in a life and death situation, only to be saved in the most unlikely circumstances. It's overused and tacky, yes, but it works. You're the writer, you're the one who has the power over the story!"

The pegasus winced; the unicorn didn't know just how much those words actually applied to her. The thought of continuing the story the way it was also didn't help her. She might end up upsetting Princess Celestia even more, and that was one thing she didn't want to do. However, seeing as she didn't really have a choice, she may as well go along with Hayley's suggestion.

"I...Suppose going along with Gydina's editing could work, but I don't want her to feel like she completely influenced the 'new' direction the story is about to be taken along to," Vidhwansak commented, her hooves typing away. She had to admit, it was a whole lot easier going along with Gydina's path then it was making another path that completely made sense with Gydina's path while still staying true to the story's original path. "However, I suppose it's unavoidable, but I'm never going to hear the end of it from her."

Hayley paused, in the middle of unpacking a rather large tome. "Is this Gydina your marefriend? Is this why you're taking her editing so seriously without rewriting the chapter you released?"

The pegasus sighed explosively, and stopped typing. "No, she just lives with me in my apartment in Manehattan, after I found her wandering the streets alone and with no place to go. Eventually, she became a permanent resident living under my roof, although I wonder if that was such a good idea."

"Wait, I'm confused. Did you not just say that you were residing in Canterlot?"

"Only by order of Princess Luna, and I'd very much rather keep the reason why I'm here only for those who need to know. I'm sure this is just a temporary place for us to stay in; we don't have the bits to live in any of Canterlot's hotels, so we've been staying at the castle in our own guest rooms."

"I see." The pegasus noted the curiosity in the unicorn's voice, but Hayley didn't pursue the subject further. "Does she really annoy you that much? After all, you do have the option of kicking her out of your home, she's living with you, not the other way around."

"I don't have the heart to kick her out, I'd feel heartless after letting her stay in my little apartment room."

There was a long silence stretched between the two for awhile, with the pegasus typing and the unicorn continuing to unpack books from her bags. Both ponies were uncomfortable with the silence, but neither had anything to break it with. Eventually, however, it was broken when the head librarian entered the library, levitating a mug of coffee and a pastry box. He yawned, and smiled warmly at Hayley.

"Hello, Hayley, you're here early."

"Quite. I was having a rather enlightening conversation with Vidhwansak here."

"Oh?" He looked over at the pegasus, who was suddenly very interested with her keyboard. "That's strange, she usually doesn't hold up a conversation very well."

"Oh, well, if that's what you meant, we did reach an uncomfortable silence after a fair while."

The pegasus that whom the two unicorns were talking about sighed, saved what she had, and uploaded it to the website upon which it was published on.

"I suppose that'll be it for my story. Now, we see what happens..."


Neutrality whistled softly to himself; it was just after breakfast, and he was feeling quite content with himself. Sure, there was that threat from that one pony, Prince Radcliffe, but, honestly, there was no way he could ever hope to match the power of an Alicorn, much less even come halfway to it. He continued walking around in the castle when a thought suddenly struck him. Why hadn't he presented himself to Canterlot yet? Sure, there were the ponies who came yesterday among Celestia's audience to hold court and discuss things, but those were a select few ponies who were able to visit the castle. Word of him hadn't spread very far about him (If at all), so he may as well present himself before any rumors of him alienated the population of Canterlot before he even had a chance to speak with them. He came across Celestia, nodding her head in a welcome to him, who was making her way towards the training grounds to oversee the training of new Royal Guards before presenting herself at her audience chamber. He stopped her by making a quick makeshift barrier between Celestia and the hallway ahead by spreading out his wings; Celestia looked at him with a curious glance, and Neutrality folded his wings back into place before speaking, satisfied that he got her attention.

"Celestia, dear sister. I was thinking of presenting myself to the populace of Canterlot, and thereby squashing any rumors that may be circulating as we speak about me. Do you mind?"

Celestia looked at him with a half-amused look. "Are you sure you're not just making up some excuse just because you don't want to stay in my audience chamber later today this time around?" Neutrality glared at her.

"Blow it out of your plot. Admittedly, yes, sister, part of the reason is to escape the boring hours stuck inside, but I also genuinely want to present myself to the whole of Canterlot."

Celestia narrowed her eyes at the insult. "That was uncalled for. The insult, I mean. To answer your request, Neutrality, I'm not so sure that this is such a wise idea. We can do a public announcement to all of Canterlot for you, but if you did it yourself, ponies would most likely panic and assume that you're here to overthrow us and become the next, sole ruler of Equestria. It's better if you can wait for awhile so that Luna and I can arrange a date to make a public announcement."

Neutrality sighed. What his sister said was reasonable, true, but he didn't want to be cooped up in the castle until they made their decision on when to present him. "Celestia, there are probably rumors being spread out right now about me by the ponies who have seen me in your audience chamber yesterday, and I have no doubt that Prince Radcliffe is spouting out the most vulgar and untrue ones. It's best if this is taken care of, now."

Celestia sighed, and frowned. "Alright, then. Let's go, we may as well get this over with. I want you to stay out of sight until I announce your name, then you can step up and present yourself to all of Canterlot. After that, I suppose you can do whatever you want."

Neutrality smiled. "Thank you sister. After all, what could-"

He stopped talking as Celestia shot him a glare.

"If you say anything about it being unable to be any worse and happen to jinx this event, I will personally make sure it does get worse when I get my hooves on you."

Neutrality rolled his eyes, and once he was sure that his sister was out of earshot, muttered underneath his breath, "At least it can't get any worse for you."


A unicorn sighed as she followed a pegasus out towards Canterlot. "Why are we out here,Viddy? I mean, it's a nice day and all, but I really should be sleeping, you know how cranky I get when I don't get my three naps a day."

An irritated looking pegasus shot her a quick, exasperated look as she picked her way through an ever-growing crowd of ponies. There was to be an announcement made about something very big by the princesses, and although the pegasus didn't know for sure if it was about Neutrality, she figured that there wasn't much else as important that the princesses felt that needed a public announcement, and was going to 'forever change the history books'. She maneuvered quickly to an uncrowded spot, and sighed quietly.

"Well, Gydina, this is a public announcement..."

"Yeah, yeah, big deal, the both of us already know what it is, if you wanted to go, why did you hav'ta bring me along too,Viddy?"

"Because you live with me and therefore you will listen to me since you live under my roof."

"Psh, whatever, Viddy, I'm a free spirit! Oh, damn, that's a lot of guards..."

The pegasus gave up on arguing with the unicorn, knowing full well that Gydina wouldn't stop arguing with her. She looked up at a nearby clock-tower, and frowned. The princesses were just about to announce Neutrality to the thousands of ponies gathering here. This would go exceedingly bad; she knew, of course, because she wrote what was going to happen next. She just hoped that she wouldn't be living on the moon afterwards.


Luna frowned as she prepared to go up with her sister to announce the 'official' arrival of their brother. She managed a few hours of sleep before being awakened for this event, and was just now told about what she was to do. Needless to say, having her sleep interrupted just to say a few words to a bunch of stuck up ponies was not something she was excited to do, nor would the comments, complaints, and completely insane outbursts that were sure to happen in a few moments make it any easier.

Beside Luna, Celestia and Neutrality were quietly discussing what they would say to the crowd of ponies out there. Other than a few words being added and removed, both deemed each others small speeches to be adequate enough. Neutrality yawned, and stretched his wings out; it was almost time for his sisters to make the announcement. He noted the Royal Guards stationed around the crowd, in addition to a new kind of Guard outfit he had never seen before being present, right in front of the stage where the princesses were to stand and announce him. Although he couldn't accurately tell, he guessed that there was roughly a company of them; all of them were unicorns, encased in black armor and with a rather flimsy looking shield attached to the left side of their armor, with something that looked like an advanced crossbow on their right, although some carried short metal rods and other crossbows that were much, much larger. He snorted in disdain. Celestia was worrying over this excessively if she needed this many guards here.

"Celestia, sister, don't you think that all these guards a little too...Much? Honestly, why are all these guards needed? And what outfit do they belong in? I don't remember seeing these kinds of guards before."

"Well, Neutrality, I just have this feeling that things will go very, very badly here, and I have simply called upon the appropriate number of guards. To answer your question on the guards themselves, they are a rather recent addition to our roster; they're called Riot Control, and keep ponies in line at large gatherings such as this one with advanced technology and different training than other Royal Guards. In theory, that is, I've never had to use them since ponies are usually peaceful. However, since I have no information on what Prince Radcliffe has done or will do here, I have called upon the Riot Control to keep the peace should there be any uprisings that are likely to happen. There are also guards that are not visible that are in the background, looking for potential danger while keeping to themselves."

While Celestia was explaining this to Neutrality, Luna kept her eyes on the clock-tower stationed in the middle of Canterlot, unaware that a nervous pegasus in the crowd was doing the same. She sighed as the clock struck home, and looked back irritatedly at Celestia and Neutrality.

"Let's get this over with, I wanna sleep."

Both sisters stepped out onto the open stage, where the crowd of ponies cheered. Celestia and Luna smiled at their subjects, and waved their hooves back at the crowd. Celestia took a step back, leaving Luna to stand and speak through the lone microphone that was set on the stage. Luna cleared her voice audibly, which caused a minor panic among the crowd as they tried to back up, causing riot control to tense slightly. It subsided, however, as Luna began speaking in a normal tone of voice.

"Citizens of Canterlot, my beloved sister Celestia and I have an important announcement to make of a very important matter, one that may shock and terrify you, and as stated earlier, change the history books, forever! Fear not, however, as this change brings along a new era of prosperity for us! May I welcome Princess Celestia, my beloved sister, to speak of this great change!"

Cheering could be heard throughout the crowd as Princess Celestia stepped up to the microphone, smiling at the ponies she was proud to call her subjects. Most of them, anyway. She opened her mouth to speak when she saw a pony in ragged clothes that covered their entire body enter the crowd. That was highly unusual, and more than a bit suspicious, as most ponies here either went naked or wore only the finest clothes. A pony dressed in rags was unheard of and was more than a disgrace when seen under most ponies in Canterlot. She stepped away from the microphone, and motioned Luna towards her. She frowned, and tilted her head slightly towards the crowd.

"I saw a pony in ragged clothing enter the crowd before I was going to speak of Neutrality. Contact the captain of Riot Control and tell them to sweep the area for that pony, discreetly, if possible. The pony may just be a poor hobo trying to pickpocket some of the ponies here, but he may be a threat to the crowd. I'll attempt to stall the crowd with a short little speech; that's all I can spare on a short notice, Luna."

The princess of the moon nodded, and walked over to talk with the captain of Riot Control. He nodded, and calmly spoke into his mouth piece. Within seconds, Celestia saw five average, normal looking ponies that were undercover members of Riot Control quickly walk up into the crowd and blend in almost immediately, with a clear intent in their eyes as they searched for their target. They were trained well, but even they could not search for one ragged pony in a crowd this large. She was just going to have to buy as much time for them as she possibly could. She swore that she would find Vidhwansak after this and scold her over a cup of tea.


"Aw, damn, is somethin' goin' down here in Pantylot, here, of all places? Sweet!"

"It's Canterlot, Gydina, not...What you just called it. And whatever do you mean, Gydina?"

"C'mon, Viddy, ya can't be blind, didn't ya see Celestia back off from the mic and speak with Luna, who then spoke to one of those creepy guards in awesome suits of armor and rifles? Somethin's goin' down, I just know it. Oh, 'scuse me, Viddy, I'm goin' to get somethin' to eat."

The pegasus sighed as Gydina left her, and Celestia walked up to the mic again on the stage. This was coming along all too well, and she knew that a one way trip to the moon was inevitable. Suddenly, a pony dressed in what could only be appropriately described as rags came up to them, his eyes shifting everywhere. He quickly took off what he was wearing, revealing a surprisingly well-groomed coat, and stuffed it into a bag, upon which he promptly kept at his side and looked as if he had been there the whole time. Just in time, too, thought the pegasus, as another pony walked up to them, seeming to appear normal, but her ice cold eyes scanning for the target she thought she had betrayed all normality. Finding no trace of the pony she was stalking, she walked off, desperate to find the pony before any supposed damage from the target did happen. The unicorn sitting beside the pegasus sighed in relief. The pegasus looked up at a sudden cough to see Gydina, who came back with an apple, and raised an eye at the stallion sitting next to the pegasus.

"Wow, Viddy. I leave for a little while and I see you already anchored a stallion, you gotta teach me how to do that!"

The stallion looked at Gydina, and nodded at her direction while the pegasus groaned. Once again, she didn't write at all in her story about Gydina and her erratic personality, which would make the next few moments quite interesting indeed. Gydina sat down next to the stallion, smiling.

"So, what's your name, sweetie?"

The pegasus wished that Celestia would get on with her speech, she didn't want to hear Gydina's flirting.


Celestia walked up to the microphone, fully intending to stall her announcement for as long as possible. However, with this sudden change of events, she could only think of an improvised short speech before delaying the revealing of Neutrality to the public without making it seem like she was delaying something on purpose. Cursing inwardly, she smiled at the crowd before speaking.

"Ponies of Canterlot, I welcome you to the announcement I will shortly be making! As you know, Luna and I have ruled Equestria for countless years, and have been peacefully ruling over all of ponykind throughout those years. Over those years, there have been brave, smart, and loyal ponies that have done wondrous things that have either made our life easier, or have prevented it from being consumed from chaos. (She swore she could hear Neutrality wince) I would like a moment of silence for those ponies of the past who have made it possible for us to live the way we do today."

Although it was a rather odd request, nopony dared to voice their opinions on the matter, and the crowd fell silent. Celestia, during this time, looked back at Luna, who shook her head. So the pony was still missing. She sighed, and decided that it was no use in delaying any further.

"However, there are rumors that have been spreading, rumors that state that we are about to be overruled, and cast away the peace that has been upheld for untold years. You may have heard these rumors from members of the aristocracy, stating that there is a new Alicorn right here in Canterlot. Part of that is true."

There were large gasps among the crowd, and Celestia allowed the ponies to barrage her with questions. She raised up a hoof in the air, which caused the voices in the crowd to die out slowly. Celestia frowned, and looked sternly at the ponies in the crowd.

"It is true that there is another Alicorn, and indeed, as impossible as it seems, this Alicorn is a male. After a complex spell not relating to necromancy in any way, shape or form, we were able to revive him back to his true form, and he has been trying to adjust back to the way life is today. Please, I welcome...NEUTRALITY!"

As Celestia yelled out in The Voice on the Alicorn's name (Causing many ponies to stagger at the sudden usage of The Voice), Neutrality stepped out in full view of Canterlot. There were mixed reactions, from mares swaying and making pretty eyes at Neutrality, to stallions cursing and glaring at him, from minor (And major) panic attacks to ponies yawning, as if this were a normal occurring thing in Canterlot. Then, a stallion spoke up, and began the chaos.


A pegasus watched silently as the crowd's mixed reactions threatened to tear it apart; riot control looked just about ready to spray the area with gas on the more aggressive ponies, when the stallion sitting next to her cleared his throat, and spoke out in a clear, forceful tone.

"No."

Ponies, upon hearing his loud, clear voice, quieted down and looked at the stallion. Riot Control instinctively tried to reach him, but the crowd of ponies happened to block their way, and they could not get past them without using force, something Celestia told them to not use until the crowd was about to cause a riot. Gydina shuffled over to Vidhwansak, and whispered into her ears.

"Damn, Viddy, you sure know how to pick stallions! Nice, big, sexy, a strong voice, and can cause one hell of a racket!"

Vidhwansak rolled her eyes, and looked at the stallion, who continued on with what he was going to say after making sure everypony in the crowd was paying attention to him.

"I, Prince Radcliffe, will not welcome this 'Neutrality' into Canterlot. Do you not see what Celestia and Luna are doing? They, with the blackest of all black magic, resurrected a demon, aye, or pulled one from an alternate dimension! How can I say this in confidence, you ask? Think back! Think back to when Celestia spoke of her 'complex spell'. Does anypony know of a spell that's complex enough to somehow pull a pony, an Alicorn, no less, from a spell out? If so, I demand that such a pony show us, right here, right now!"

He waited for anypony to dare try and challenge him. When none dared, he continued.

"She tells of reverting him to his 'true form', does that mean that the Alicorn we see now was once a monster, or something far, far worse? One does not simply change the form of another through a spell! This Neutrality is an Alicorn; I can accept that, begrudgingly, as I sadly have no proof if he does have another demonic form. What I cannot accept is that he's going to be a ruler of Equestria! We know nothing of him, nay, nothing of what he's done! He has no past; and if he has no past, he shall not have a future here in Equestria!"


Celestia cursed as the crowd began to agree with Prince Radcliffe, and was about to say something when one of the Riot Control guards panicked and began spraying gas. The other guards, following their comrades actions, began doing the same, trying to break apart the rioting crowd. Explosions ran out; somepony apparently had bombs, and fires began to start. Celestia looked at the scene in sadness; this wasn't supposed to happen, but it did, and she knew just who to blame for this. She turned around and spoke quietly to Luna and Neutrality.

"We must go and fly back to the castle. We need to formulate a plan against Prince Radcliffe and I have words for a certain pegasus if I manage to find her. Go! I will not have my brother and sister harmed here!"

The other two Alicorns wanted to argue with her, but seeing the desperation and love in her eyes, they nodded slowly, and they took up flight, away from the chaos. Suddenly, shots rang out, and Neutrality flinched as a bullet flew close by, very nearly entering his skull had not the sharp report of the bullet and his reflexes saved him. He looked towards the general area of where the bullet went, and looked at Luna, bewilderment evident on his face.

"What was that?! Is it from one of those weird crossbow looking things I saw earlier?"

Luna answered for him, quickly speeding up her flying speed while looking down at the disorganized crowd below. "The ponies have guns, yes, and they're aiming for you! They want to kill you, brother! Fly quickly, Neutrality, they want you, not me!"

Neutrality was about to refuse since he didn't want to leave Luna and Celestia behind, when more bullets whizzed past him. Thinking better of it, he quickly flew off towards the castle, with Luna following him, placing up a magical field of energy to reflect any bullets that could chance upon her. Celestia herself still stood on the stage, trying to calm down the crowd, to no avail. It was too far gone to recover from Prince Radcliffe's speech. Ponies were running away from the scene, but many more fought back Riot Control, who was hard-pressed into keeping the crowd under control, to no avail, as they never had an actual riot on their hooves before and were starting to get overwhelmed with the sheer amount of ponies gathered. Finally deeming the situation near hopelessness, Celestia screamed with the fury of a thousand suns in a desperate attempt for the ponies to listen to her.

"PONIES OF CANTERLOT, CEASE FIGHTING MY GUARDS, AND LOOK AT YOURSELVES! WHAT WOULD THE PONIES OF THE PAST SAY OF THE VIOLENCE YOU ARE SPREADING OUT HERE? WOULD THEY ACCEPT IT AS A NECESSARY THING TO HOLD PEACE? I SEE NO PEACE HERE."

She took one, heaving breath, and continued, to the stunned and downcasted looks of the once fighting ponies.

"YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE NAME OF PEACE. NEUTRALITY IS NO MONSTER, AND HE NEVER WILL BE! YOU WILL ACCEPT HIM! DID YOU NOT ACCEPT LUNA, COUNTLESS YEARS AGO?! WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT HIM, WHY?!"

Ponies everywhere looked up at each other, and some openly wept as they saw the carnage and chaos that they brought. Fires were being fought by fire ponies, trying to contain the raging blaze before it spread too far. Some ponies died; their bodies being wept over by their family and friends. Riot Control, having been backed up into a corner, watched silently, most with tears slowly going down their face as they saw the bitter results of failing to contain the chaos the crowd caused.

Celestia looked on with bitter sadness at the work that one pony had done; one pony caused all of this. She would see to it that the pegasus knew just what she had done to all these ponies.

"My little ponies. Weep for the destruction you caused."

And then, Celestia flew off slowly to the castle, leaving being a saddened and distraught crowd.


(Earlier)

"Whoa, this 'corn you picked out is a prince? Way to go!"

"Gydina, it's not what you..."

Vidhwansak had no chance to speak as the stallion went off on his speech, causing the crowd to become unruly. Gydina was smiling, urging him on with little winks. The pegasus had enough of this eventually, and pulled her away. Things were about to get bad, very bad; she wasn't about to die due to her own writing.

"Hey! Lemme go, Viddy!"

"Gydina, this will become very ugly, very soon. Unless you want to be under fire from Riot Control, we'll leave. Now."

Normally, Gydina would have argued with the pegasus dragging her away. It was, after all, their favorite past time. The tone of voice that she had, however, as well as the realization that this was probably something that Vidhwansak wrote down in her story and knew what was going to happen made her frown. She had to admit, there was plenty of action, but violence...? Her thoughts were cut off as the crowd started to get sprayed by tear gas.

"Viddy, let's go, I don't wanna get gassed!"

"Then follow me!"

The two mares dodged ponies as they escaped the crowd; bullets whizzed past them and they very nearly trampled over a few ponies unlucky enough to fall down in front of their path. The two mares ran together, side by side, towards the castle. In another world, Gydina would have considered this rather romantic, two ponies running away from chaos together. As they entered the castle grounds, however, all romantic thoughts and interests shattered as a Royal Guard came down upon them, emotionless as always. Gydina looked away fearfully, but Vidhwansak stared straight up at the guard.

"You are to report to Princess Celestia immediately."

"Take us. I will not face Princess Celestia alone."

The Guard nodded, and led them off inside the castle. What was once a warm, inviting structure was now suddenly a fearful, cold place, with ponies running around, as if preparing for war. Without a doubt, it certainly looked like a war back at the staging area. Gydina sighed, and was wondering where they were going when the guard took a right turn, and she saw the brilliant golden doors that signified Celestia's war room, a room that legend has it was never touched the day it was made. To use it now meant something huge was happening, and Gydina didn't need a pony to tell her that it was Vidhwansak's story. To her, it seemed to have gotten out of control; she certainly didn't expect the pegasus to write about a riot happening today. She looked at the pegasus; she seemed calm, which was amazing considering the circumstances. They were admitted inside the room, where Celestia was waiting with some tea and cakes. She pointed at the two chairs in front of her. Not a request; an order. They immediately sat down. Celestia poured them some tea and placed a few slices of cake on their plates. Neither pony touched the refreshments in front of them; eating was the last thing they could do. All was quiet for awhile, then Celestia spoke, after sipping her tea.

"This is crossing the line of what is acceptable, Vidhwansak."

"The calm before the storm. I'm sure you've heard that before, and now, the storm is gone."

"This...This does not excuse the violence that you've caused. Ponies, dead. DEAD, VIDHWANSAK. The staging area of Canterlot, in ruins! I can stop you right now, prevent you from writing anymore. WHAT'S STOPPING ME, VIDHWANSAK, FROM ENDING THIS STORY FROM COMPLETION?"

The pegasus had the faintest corners of a smile on her lips, and Gydina swore that Vidhwansak was enjoying this.

"You want to know the ending as much as I do."

Celestia paused; she certainly wasn't expecting that as an answer. Admittedly, she wanted to know the ending, and, in her disgust, she wanted to know even though there were ponies dead because of it. She sighed, and pointed out towards the door.

"Go to your rooms. I will talk with you later after I've calmed down. We have much to...Discuss on your story, and I hope that you'll be less vague in your answers."

Both ponies left the war room, leaving behind Celestia. Gydina looked at Vidhwansak, who was looking right back at her. Both ponies sighed, and nudged each other playfully; after all, if they were going to be punished, they may as well make up things with each other right now.

"I'm sorry for nagging at you constantly, Gydina. Some of the blame is on you; after all you did edit my story to be like this."

"I'm also sorry for arguing with you a lot, Vidd...Vidhwansak. And, well, I just hope that went I get sent to the moon, you get sent first, Viddy."

Both ponies laughed softly, and walked towards their bedrooms, aiming to get a good night's rest for tomorrow.

Comments ( 3 )

Though I like the jist of the story, I'm not really sure this "Vidhwansak" corrolation is working for me :applejackunsure:, but I'm gonna like it anyway :twilightsmile:

305340

I understand how you feel, self-insertion isn't really something I enjoy finding in stories, yet, I just found it to be appropriate for this story, well, in some instances. It's nice to know that you'll like it regardless!

On another note, I must say that I was quite close to canceling this story; for now, it'll be put on hiatus until further notice (When another chapter gets released, hopefully sometime by the end of this month.), sorry!

The comments above just made me realize this was a self-insert.
I feel like an idiot know... Atleast I'm a creative one.

Login or register to comment