• Published 15th Jan 2012
  • 2,631 Views, 49 Comments

Discords renascent - Vidhwansak



After being imprisoned in stone twice, Discord gets his second chance...

  • ...
3
 49
 2,631

Day one: Neutrality Vs The Fire Alarm

Day one: Neutrality Vs The Fire Alarm

(I haven't decided on a total number of 'Neutrality VS -Insert theme here-', so I'll be taking a guess and say seven.)


Vidhwansak smiled as she continued to write her latest chapter to her story in the Royal Library. Although Luna did indeed ask for her laptop back, she didn't need to worry about it, as the library had a full bank of computers that she could use at her leisure at anytime she wished. So intense she was at concentrating at typing away at the keyboard and working away feverishly for the newest chapter that she skipped lunch and didn't notice Neutrality walking up next to her. She wasn't surprised, though, when he nudged her gently with a wing, as she wrote that down in her story. It felt a little weird, at least, to her, that whatever she wrote would happen in the world as well. It felt like being in control of everything that happens, kind of like playing god. It was a new experience for her that felt extremely frightening and yet gave her a sense of immense pleasure. Remembering that Neutrality was waiting for her, she turned around, and blinked at him.

"Is there something you want, Neutrality, perhaps something I could help you with?" Although she wrote this part in, too, it felt like she was repeating words to herself, but only she knew how the story was going to come about, and it was important that she act out the story exactly as she wrote it, or else her story might spiral into an uncontrollable tumble that no written words would save from.

"I'm curious; what are these machines? Celestia said that the two most important things I should worry about getting used to and learning about is history and technology, both of which have advanced steadily throughout the years. I'd rather very much learn about technology, as history is so boring, and I don't want to cringe at all the stuff I've missed over the years. So, what is this machine?" Vidhwansak quickly changed tabs on her screen; it was best if Neutrality didn't see that this was just some story, Celestia warned her. The pegasus had agreed, as Neutrality might not take it well, and she really didn't want to face the wrath of an Alicorn.

"These are computers, Neutrality. They are quite a recent invention and are very useful if not impossible to work without in certain jobs today. You can do lots of things with them, such as..."

"Hey, Viddy, Neutrality! What're doin', is it fun, and can I join if it is?" The pegasus sighed. She forget complete to write at all about Gydina, but it was too late now to make any changes. She'd probably just interrupted the perfect scene Vidhwansak had written earlier, and now she couldn't simply act out her part in the story and would now have to wing it from here on it. She shot the unicorn a glare of death, which went unnoticed by Gydina.

"Neutrality here wants to learn about tech-"

"Actually, no, I'd rather just go out and have fun, but Celestia said she'd fry me if I went and had fun without learning what I've been missing these years." His voice took on an indignant tone. "You'd think my sister would respect me a bit more, I am her older brother, after all!" The pegasus rolled her eyes and inwardly groaned, her chapter ruined.

"I'm sure she just wants you to get used to the new things you've missed out on, Neutrality. After all, you're quite out of the loop." The Alicorn snorted, unimpressed with the pegasus.

"Whatever, I'll learn all about technology from using it rather than learning what it can do. C'mon, Gydina, let's go have some fun!" Gydina mocked Vidhwansak with a hoof-gesture, and just as quickly as Gydina appeared, they left. The pegasus smacked herself with her left hoof, fighting the urge to scream. Well, so much for writing everything that happens. She looked up at the computer screen, and sighed. She wasn't about to abuse her 'powers' to go and bring Neutrality back or to punish Gydina; that was just morally wrong. 'Not like they have any morals', the pegasus thought darkly to herself. Sighing, she saved what work she did for the day, and signed off the computer. She might as well enjoy the day, seeing as she didn't have any work to do. She walked out of the library, and had an untimely collision with Celestia's flanks. The pegasus groaned as she fell back on her rump, and an amused Celestia waited for her to regain her senses.

"Was bumping into my royal flanks part of the story, Vidhwansak?"

"W-What? No, Celestia, of course not!" The pegasus quickly got back up on her hooves, a light blush on her face.

"It's alright, I'm joking! Well, you should probably look where you're stomping off to. You look a bit peeved; what's the matter?" Vidhwansak sighed in frustration before telling her princess.

"I tried to go and teach Neutrality about technology, as I've written in the newest chapter, but Gydina showed up and ruined everything I wrote by going out and having 'fun' with Neutrality, who then said it would be easier if he went out and used technology rather than just learning about it, which, I may add, did not write in the story. So I figured I might as well enjoy the day, seeing as the chapter I wrote today isn't going to work out." Celestia sighed. 'And here I thought everything would go just fine', she thought to herself.

"Well, hopefully, things will all go well with them." Celestia sure hoped her words were true to form, because if Vidhwansak's stories about Gydina were true, those two were a perfect match indeed for causing trouble.

"I do hope that nothing wrong happens because of them, but, unfortunately, knowing Gydina and somewhat knowing Neutrality, I highly doubt that's possible. They'll probably end up doing something idiotic, like pulling a fire alarm."

"That's what I'm afraid of. Oh, my throat is parched. We can discuss this over a cup of tea, would you care to join me?"

"Oh, gladly, Celestia!"



Neutrality and Gydina quickly ran out of the kitchen, trying not to get hit by various sharp kitchen implements flying at them from a chef that unfortunately got his tail in the blender they were playing around with. Gydina winced as a knife managed to cut through a few strands of her tail. He could kill somepony like that, chucking knifes around! It was all his fault, anyway, he wasn't looking where he put his tail when she and Neutrality were playing with a blender! It wasn't as if blenders were quiet, anyway! When a cleaver came by, too close for comfort, she put on an extra burst of speed in an attempt to get away from the chef. After a few minutes of this forced running, they stopped in front of what looked like the entrance to the Royal pool, gasping for breath. Neutrality managed to catch his breath first, and started snorting in laughter.

"Oh...Ha...HAHAH...Did you see his tail when he removed it from the blender?!"

"Ha ha, yeah, all twisted up and mangled!"

They continued to laugh for quite awhile afterwards, then they started gasping for air, again. Gydina was breathing heavily, and looked over at Neutrality. He was looking at a little red box with a latch on it that said 'Alarm'. It was mounted on the wall, and just seemed out of place within in castle. The Alicorn was curious by this device, and looked it over. It didn't seem like it would do anything. Perhaps it was a prank that Celestia or Luna left for him? Admittedly, this wasn't the most stealthy attempt at a prank, but he was curious about what would happen if he pulled it. He reached for the latch, and Gydina, slow as she was, called out a warning the moment he pulled down the latch.

"NEUTRALITY, N-"

Immediately, all heck broke loose in the entire castle, and Neutrality cringed as a loud, whining alarm began blaring, complete with flashing red lights. Moments later, a sprinkler system started running and soon drenched the two. Neutrality was amazed. This was some bizarre prank! Just a second later, ponies from all parts of the castle began to run haphazardly, and Neutrality was asking various ponies why they were running. It seemed fairly unlikely that everypony in the castle was in on the prank, but that wasn't going to stop him from asking!

"Excuse m-"

"Why are y-"

"Uh, sir...Mam?"

Finally, after the third pony ran out on him, he looked at Gydina, who was repeatedly bashing her head against a wall.

"Uh, Gydina?"

"Ugh, Neutrality, didn't you know you just pulled the fire alarm?!"

"A what? I thought it was a prank "

"It...Never mind, let's just get out of here and pretend to look scared!"

In another part of the castle, Vidhwansak was just sharing a nice cup of tea and biscuits with Celestia when the fire alarm sounded. Soon after, the sprinkler system activated, giving both of them wet coats and manes that plastered to their faces. As if they were one pony, both ponies looked at each other, sighed, and stood up. The pegasus calmly got out, and the princess followed her.

"Neutrality, Celestia?"

"Gydina, Vidhwansak?"

Both ponies allowed themselves a small chuckle before exiting the room they were just sharing tea in, and being escorted out of the castle by a few Royal Guards. They ran into Luna, who was obviously awakened by the alarm from her sleep, and still in her now soaked pajamas. Luna sighed at the pegasus.

"Please tell me you didn't write this in your story, and don't make me ever crave moon pies like that again."

The pegasus smiled sheepishly under her gaze. "No, Luna, I didn't write this in at all, and I won't make you crave moon pies like that again."

"You didn't write this in your story? But then why would this happen?" Celestia coughed, not wanting to hear her suspicions as the truth.

"Neutrality and Gydina make one bad tag team duo, sister." Luna groaned, and hoofed herself in the face with her left hoof. A Royal Guard coughed, getting their attention. He frowned slightly, and nodded towards a nearby exit.

"Forgive me, princesses, esteemed guest, but would it not be wise to exit the castle so the fireponies can do their job?"

All three of them apologized to the guard, and they all started traveling out of the castle and into the gardens. Upon reaching a safe distance from the castle, Vidhwansak, Luna and Celestia saw both Neutrality and Gydina in the gardens as well, both looking guilty. Sighing, Celestia started off towards them, and after exchanging a look at each other, both Vidhwansak and Luna followed, wondering what Celestia would say to them.



The two in question ran off, and Gydina started to swerve around crowds and guards in an attempt to get out of the castle quickly. Neutrality followed, and soon enough, they were out of the castle and at a reasonably safe distance in the castle gardens. While there wasn't actually a fire, as they knew, it was best that anypony that saw them saw that they looked like they were panicking like everypony else. Gydina flopped over on her side, panting from having to run so much in a short interval of time. Neutrality looked around, and his heart sank as Celestia,Vidhwansak, and Luna with a couple of Royal Guards approached them. He made no attempt to move away, however, and sighed as Celestia stood in front of him, a few feet apart from each other. There was an awkward silence as both parties looked at each other. Gydina broke the silence by looking up, and smiling at the pegasus.

"Your mane looks good when it's wet, Viddy."

"Quiet." Celestia's voice was spoken in a low tone, the kind of tone that told anypony that was going to argue with her immediately reconsider their ideas. "Gydina, I know not of how you act normally such as you may have in Manehattan, and Vidhwansak is important here right now, so that lessens the punishment I will place on you, but I still have a punishment in mind for you. Neutrality, I expected better of you. Did I not say for Vidhwansak to teach you about technology?"

"Sister, she would've only explained what technology is, not what it can do."

"I suppose pulling the fire alarm showed you just what technology can do?"

At this, Neutrality had no answer. Luna rolled her eyes, and sighed as the 'all clear' was heard from fireponies.

"Well, 'Tia, Neutrality...We should probably go back inside.

Later, as she watched the sun go down, a light blue pegasus commented dryly on their current situation.

"Well, Celestia, this was only day one, and we have plenty more days to go through."

"Don't remind me, Vidhwansak. Try to make sure no fire alarms are pulled again."

Both ponies then went to their respective quarters, and both feared what tomorrow would bring for them.