• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 1,983 Views, 18 Comments

No More Jumping on the Bed! - N8C8XX



Everypony has to get some sleep. How can you do that with all of this noise!?

  • ...
0
 18
 1,983

I'm Trying to Sleep!

No More Jumping on the Bed!

Applejack covered her head with her pillow. She lied face down in her bed. The constant sound of springs being jumped on was driving her crazy.

Applejack moaned, “Applebloom, ah swear…” she mumbled into her mattress.

A pillow wasn’t the best thing for noise prevention. Occasionally, she heard a little filly giggle coming from the next room over. She could stand the non-stopped chatter alone, but how can she be expected to sleep with all of this noise?

Applejack sighed and threw off her covers. She got out of bed and left her room. She walked through the hallway until she had reached Applebloom’s room. She tried opening the door. It was locked. With a sigh, she banged her head on the door. She knocked on the door. There was no answer, so she knocked again. Surely enough, the door knob slowly turned, and the door opened. Applebloom was standing in the doorframe, looking up at Applejack.

“Oh… hi, Applejack…” Applebloom greeted, smiling as if she knew she was in trouble.

Applejack looked back down at her little sister with slight anger. She looked over Applebloom’s head and saw Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, Applebloom’s friends. They were both jumping on Applebloom’s bed with glee.

“Listen Applebloom,” Applejack started, “I know it’s exciting an’ all to host your first sleep over, but you still need ta go ta bed.” Applejack cocked her head to the left. “Well, at least stop makin’ as much noise late at night. I can’t get to sleep.” Applejack remained calm.

Scootaloo stopped jumping. “Actually Applejack, we were just getting ready to go to sleep.” She said.

Sweetie Belle stopped jumping. “Yep, that’s right!” She agreed as she faked a yawn.

Applejack still had her doubts. “Awright girls, see ya in the mornin’.” She said as she walked out of the room and shut the door.

Applejack trotted off to her room, and crawled back into her bed, and shut her eyes. Shortly after she did so, she heard the bouncing sound again. It was much faster than it was the first time. Her eyes snapped open, and she was a bit angrier than before.

She walked over to Appleboom’s room again. She opened the door. The noise had stopped the second the door had opened. The lights were off, and the three fillies were in Applebloom’s bed, asleep.

“Must’ve just been imagining it…” Applejack whispered to herself as she slowly exited the room, and once again, shut the door.

She climbed into her bed, and closed her eyes. This time she went to sleep, until a minute or two later, when the bouncing began again. She woke up again. There was also talking coming from Applebloom’s room. Now, she was sure she didn’t imagine it. She jumped out of bed and stormed over to Applebloom’s room once again.

In her room, there was… nothing. Nothing was going on anyway. Again, the noises stopped as soon as Applejack opened the door. The room looked just like she had left it before. The fillies were asleep, and the lights were off. Applejack squinted her eyes at the fillies. She slowly walked towards the bed, trying not to make a noise. She stood right next to where Applebloom was sleeping and examined her to check if she really was sleeping. Applejack couldn’t tell, so she took the desk light on Applebloom’s nightstand, and turned it on in her face.

Applebloom slowly opened her eyes. “Sis, what is it?” She said tired, still in a daze. She had a hard time keeping her eyes open.

“You know what!” Applejack whispered angrily, “Why d’ya keep makn’ those noise when ah told you ta stop?”

“Whadd’ya talkn’ ‘bout AJ?” Applebloom blinked slowly. “We’ve been asleep tha whole time since you left. Is’at all? Mah eyelids are gettn’ really heavy.”

Applejack looked down. She sighed, “Yeah, that’s all. Go back ta sleep now, sugarcube.”

Applebloom plopped her head down on her pillow and immediately went to sleep.

Applejack left once again, and went to bed. It was only a matter of time before the noises started up again, and they quite surely did start up again. This time, it wasn’t just the bouncing and the talking. Applejack jolted awake. What she heard was something she would never expect.

There was the bouncing and talking, but there were also things like pinball machine sounds, car horns, annoying phone ringtones, dogs barking, power tools, a hammer hitting wood, an ambulance siren, a fire truck siren, slamming doors, and a school bell. All of those sounds at once are incredibly loud and extremely obnoxious and annoying.

Applejack ran to Applebloom’s room again and flew open the door. As always, the sounds stopped immediately. She flipped on the lights.

She marched towards the bed the fillies were all sleeping on and yelled, “What in tarnation is all of this annoyn’ racket!?”

All three of the fillies woke up at the yell. They looked around the room until they saw Applejack. She was angry as ever.

“Well? Are y’all gunna answer me?” Applejack asked.

The fillies looked at each other. Finally, Sweetie Belle spoke up. “We… We didn’t make any noise. We were asleep.”

“Unless, that is we were sleep trotting! That would be totally awesome! Was I sleep trotting, girls?” Scootaloo asked eagerly. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle both shook their heads. Scootaloo sadly looked down.

“Awright girls, this is your last warning.” Applejack warned as she shut off the lights and left the room, shutting the door behind her.

Applejack was getting tired of this. She would go to bed, wake up, go to her sister’s room, find that there is nothing wrong, and rinse and repeat. Still, Applejack went to bed. It wasn’t surprising to her at all that she woke up again to the same loud noises. Only this time, a some even more annoying sounds were added to the mix. Sounds like firecrackers, jackhammers, explosions, classic alarm clocks, space shuttles crashing and exploding, and the dreaded sound of Billy Mays talking. We get it. You want us to buy OxiClean…

Applejack woke up, and sprinted to Applebloom’s room in a huff. She slammed open the door. What do you know, everything was normal in the room.

Applejack stomped noisily to the bed and screamed, “Stop makn’ them noises! I’m trying to get some sleep!”

Again, all three fillies woke up at the scream.

“Jeez Applejack, stop makin’ so much noise. Ponies are trying to go to sleep.” Applebloom told Applejack tiredly, and annoyed. She proceeded to shove her face in her pillow with a sigh, as did Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

Big Macintosh, Applejack’s older brother, poked his head into Applebloom’s room.

“Applejack, can you stop yelln’? I’m trying to get some sleep.” Big Macintosh said as he left, and went back into his room.

Applejack stood there speechless with her mouth gaping open. She slowly backed away and left Applebloom’s room, shutting the door again. She was gone, and in her room.

“Hey Scootaloo?” Applebloom whispered.

“Yeah?” Scootaloo answered.

“Thanks for bringing that white noise machine.”

“Yeah, that was so hilarious!” Sweetie Belle chimed in.

“No problem girls.” Scootaloo said as she drifted asleep.

Comments ( 18 )

DIS GON B GUD

There was the bouncing and talking, but there were also things like pinball machine sounds, car horns, annoying phone ringtones, dogs barking, power tools, a hammer hitting wood, an ambulance siren, a fire truck siren, slamming doors, and a school bell. All of those sounds at once are incredibly loud and extremely obnoxious and annoying.

So they were making dubstep?

1520568

All of that stopped, however, when Apple Bloom noticed a bass dangerously close to the edge of a nearby canyon. She made the mistake of breathing, and the bass dropped.

WUBWUBWUB

1520615

AND THEN THEY FUCKED

Ivo

That was hilarious! :rainbowlaugh:

Remembered me at:

Buck! This was great! >D Trollestia would be proud of those three :rainbowlaugh:

Why was I expecting this to end like "Five Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed" you know with the CMC falling off and bumping their heads? :applejackconfused:/:rainbowlaugh:

1520642 Yep, that's the angle I was going for! The Spongebob reference that is. In case it was unclear...

Heh, poor Applejack. :ajsleepy:

1533742 Uh oh... I do believe that I'm screwed...

1535801 Welcome to Infomercial Hell! MWA-HAA-HAA-HAA!!!

Applejack was getting tired of this. She would go to bed, wake up, go to her sister’s room, find that there is nothing wrong, and rinse and repeat. Still, Applejack went to bed. It wasn’t surprising to her at all that she woke up again to the same loud noises. Only this time, a some even more annoying sounds were added to the mix. Sounds like firecrackers, jackhammers, explosions, classic alarm clocks, space shuttles crashing and exploding, and the dreaded sound of Billy Mays talking. We get it. You want us to buy OxiClean…

Gets the tough stains out

Login or register to comment