• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 2,255 Views, 6 Comments

Reason's of Interest - CrypticMetaphor



The stories consisting of the future members of the X Mares

  • ...
0
 6
 2,255

The Reason Fleur & Fancy Pants Are A Couple


Fleur used to be a shy pony that would never show her face to the public. Until she met the young stallion that would inspire her to not be afraid to show everypony the real her.


Fancy Pants was sitting in his reading chair gazing at an album bound in a vermillion cover with the words, “Canterlot Academy”, inscribed in gold hand writing on the front with a smile of nostalgia. He levitated a cup of tea to his lips and sipped the warm liquid as he turned to the next page to reveal a photo which caused a light chuckle to escape from him.

The sound of the front door opening was heard causing Fancy Pants to look up from his book, “Fleur my dear would you come here please?”

The sound of far off hooves was accompanied by a quick alright and soon Fleur De Lis entered the reading room, “Yes love?”

Fancy nodded at the book as he levitated it onto the table in front of him, “I was looking through some of my old albums and discovered this little piece of history.”

The page in question contained a colored photo depicting two unicorns in their late teens that were smiling at the photographer. The stallion had a neat yet regular styled mane that was light azure which matched his eyes perfectly and was wearing a vermillion vest with a golden crest on its lapel pocket. The mare wore a white shirt with the same symbol and her mane was tied in a loose pony tail and her smile was bashful in nature.

Fleur smiled as both unicorns stood side by side and reveled in the smiles of their photographed selves. The photo had been taken when they had both attended Canterlot Academy, a very prestigious school for those who could afford it. Both Fancy Pants and Fleur had been lucky enough to attend in their youths, but what made it exceptionally great was when they had first met all those years ago.

*

Canterlot Academy

Fancy Pants was sitting at the table staring at his challenger across the table, Prince Blueblood in turn was wobbling slightly. The Princess Celestia‘s nephew had the audacity to challenge Fancy to a hard cider drinking contest even though many students were well aware that Fancy Pants had drank many others like Blueblood under the table.

Blueblood took a sip and jittered slightly, “Why *hic* don’t yous give up?”

Fancy Pants shook his head, “Sorry, but if there are bits on the table, I am afraid that I must finish this contest.”

Blueblood sipped all of his mugs in one sitting and smiled with satisfaction. This lasted for a whole minute until Blueblood began to spout gibberish and then dropped like a stone as every stallion present raised their hooves and cheered as Fancy grabbed the bits from the center of the table.

As he stepped over Bluebloods unconscious form he said, “Don’t get up old boy, I’ll show myself out.”

Blueblood responded with a weak, “Mommy I don want a shag rug in my tower.”

Fancy Pants chuckled as he walked out the door and into a mare wearing a hooded black sweater with matching pants. The mare dropped a bunch of magazines that she was holding as Fancy Pants uttered a quick apology.

Fancy Pants began to help the mare to pick the magazines, “I am so sorry miss. I didn’t see you there.”

The mare uttered a quiet, “It’s alright…no harm done.”

Fancy Pants picked up one of the magazines as it fell open to reveal that it was a model magazine. What caught Fancy’s eye was the fact that the model depicted on the page he was currently staring at had the eyes cut out of the picture. He stared with a mixture of confusion and shock only for the mare to quickly snatch it away.

The mare quickly said, “it’s or an art project.”

Fancy Pants tilted his head slightly then smiled, “I do adore a good piece of art from time to time.”

Fancy Pants tapped his chin then raised his hoof, “I am Fancy Pants. And you are?”

The mare seemed to tense in surprise and robotically answered, “Fleur De Lis.”

Fancy Pants lowered his hoof as he bowed his head, “Such an exotic name, surely you must look as good as you sound.”

Fleur backed up slightly, “Sorry…I am dreadfully cold and must be going. It was nice meeting you.”

Fancy Pants stood on the darkened stretch of street as he shouted back, “Same to you!”

*

Two days passed by and Fancy Pants couldn’t help but be fascinated by the mystery mare known as Fleur De Lis. Fancy asked around campus about her and received various answers form stallions and mares alike. It turned out that Fleur had enrolled in the middle of the first semester out of nowhere thanks to her family. She also seemed to not talk to anypony and if she did engage them in conversation she would always shirk away or hide behind a book. This intrigued Fancy Pants even more, so he set out to find her and take her out on the town.

*

After a long while of searching for her, Fancy Pants managed to track her room down in the girls dorm.

He knocked on the door as her voice was heard, “Hello…who’s there?”

Fancy Pants cleared his throat, “It’s Fancy Pants. Fleur, I wanted to know if you wished to accompany me to the local carnival.”

Fleur was silent for a minute, “I…am not sure.”

Fancy Pants leaned against the door, “Come on, isn’t it boring to stay in your room all day long and not do anything social?”

Fleur was silent once more, “Just a second.”

The sound of shuffling was heard and the door opened to reveal an enchanting unicorn with three Fleur’s as her cutie mark with a dark purple mane and dark indigo eyes. She had a pristine white coat which seemed to shimmer in the light.

Fancy Pants just stared for a minute, “You seemed shorter last I saw you.”

Fleur smiled, “That’s a good way to impress a mare.”

Fancy Pants waved a hoof quickly, “I meant nothing by it!”

Fleur giggled, “Your funny.”

Fancy Pants smiled, “I guess I am.”

Fleur lightly laughed, “Alright I’ll accompany you.”

*

That night, both ponies had the time of their lives. They went to many attractions and played many games well into the night. To finish off the evening they rode the Ferris wheel to the top and looked over Canterlot and the valley below in silence. This soon dissolved when the ride jerked to a stop.

Fleur yelped as she clung to Fancy Pants who calmly reassured her, “It’s nothing to worry about. It’s part of the ride.”

Fleur slowly loosened as she looked out over the twinkling kingdom and sighed contently.

Fancy Pants looked over at her, “Beautiful isn’t it?”

Fleur shook her head, “It’s not that.”

Fancy Pants raised a questioning eyebrow as she continued, “I’ve dreamt of being out there you know? To be seen as somepony not as…”

Fancy Pants looked at her curiously, “As what?”

Fleur sadly responded, “As an outcast.”

Fancy Pants placed a hoof on her neck, “You’re not an outcast. You just need to be more social.”

Fleur looked at him, “I don’t think I can.”

Fancy Pants jumped slightly but responded, “I can help you if you want.”

Fleur thought for a moment and nodded, “I would like that very much.”

Soon the Ferris wheel was in motion and was approaching the ground so to allow the next set of passengers to board. The ponies disembarked and left to continue their nightly activities, but one thing bugged Fancy Pants all through the night until they both came back to the Academy. He was about to voice his curiousness until Fleur unexpectedly leaned in and smooched his cheek and thanked him for a great night.

When Fancy Pants stumbled into his room he remembered what he had saw, it might have been a trick of the light or possibly his mind playing trick on him. He wasn’t sure but he knew that when Fleur turned to him, her left eye seemed to be a lighter shade of purple.

*

Three weeks passed by and Fancy Pants and Fleur went from being good friends to being a couple. Many ponies soon began to say that they were most likely to end up a power couple in the future which they both dismissed as them exaggerating. However their fun times would hit a MASSIVE bump one night when Fancy Pants came over to help her Fleur to study for the end exams. Fancy Pants was told to wait for her in the living room while she went to clean her room up. Fancy Pants sat in the room and glanced around the room which was vaguely bare all except for a wardrobe that was partially open.

Fancy Pants would have paid it no mind if a piece of paper didn’t flutter out of the open door which depicted a pair of blue mare eyes. This took Fancy by surprise as he quietly crossed the room and opened the wardrobe. Taped to the back of the wardrobe was a sort of collage of various cut outs of body parts from different magazines taped into a sort of body diagram. What surprised Fancy more was the fact that if he looked at it at the right angle it almost looked like a portrait of Fleur.

A gasp and a swift magic discharge shutting the doors caused Fancy to turn and stare at a shocked and saddened Fleur.

Fancy Pants was more surprised than shocked, “What was that?”

Fleur desperately looked for an answer, “My…my….art project?”

Fancy Pants just shook his head, “Now the truth please.”

Fleur broke down into tears as she laid on the couch, “You wouldn’t understand….”

Fancy Pants walked over to the couch and gently tilted her head to look at his eyes, “Couples don’t keep secrets my dear.”

Fleur sighed, “Alright you want the truth…well…here.”

Fleur’s entire body seemed to shift and ripple all at once as her mane became more straight and became rose red, her eyes became yellow and almost reptilian like whereas her coat turned into smooth dark blue skin with the occasional scales on the surface causing Fancy Pants to jump in surprise.

Fleur’s voice sounded the same except for a slight watery like echo to it, “Now you see…I’m a monster,” she shifted back to her previous form except her mane was a pinkish indigo with some white to it and her eyes were a brighter almost pink purple.

Fancy Pants shook his head, “I think your beautiful.”

Fleur sobbed, “You say that now that I look…”

Fancy Pants shook his head, “I meant your REAL face.”

Fleur looked up as she slowly shifted back to her real form, “Really?”

Fancy Pants smiled, “Of course! When I first met you I said your name was exotic and that it would match you perfectly, and I was right.”

Fleur smiled through her tears, “Really?”

Fancy Pants nodded and was soon embraced by Fleur, “You’re the first pony to never be afraid of the real me.”

Fancy Pants nodded but took on a serious expression, “But I don’t believe others will be as accepting as I. So I say we give them time and when the time has come we will show Equestria the REAL you and not just the other you.”

Fleur shifted back to her previous form, “You mean this?”

Fancy Pants nodded, “Yes, for now I suggest you stick with this form when we are in public as to keep up appearances. However, when we are alone you can be free to be who you are.”

Fleur wiped away a tear, “I think I can live with that.”

Fancy Pants winked, “well we’re in private now.”

Fleur raised a seductive eyebrow as she shifted to her true form and locked lips with her love.

*

Back in the present Fancy Pants and Fleur stared at each other as she shifted to her true form and smiled, “And I’ve been happy ever since.”

As they shared a kiss, a paper beside the photo album read, “Strange Heat Activity Affects Local Fish in Ponyville Park’s Pond.”

Comments ( 4 )

I like it!!!! im really am looking forard to reading more.
Go for the whole store i would love to see where u g with it

:applejackunsure::pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

Love the short stories

"Reason's" shouldn't be apostrophized, BTW. Minor detail but it's in the title so probably worth correcting. :)

As they shared a kiss, a paper beside the photo album read, “Strange Heat Activity Affects Local Fish in Ponyville Park’s Pond.”

Oh, that killed me!:rainbowlaugh:

Also when will these characters get together?

Login or register to comment