• Published 15th Feb 2024
  • 422 Views, 1 Comments

A Great And Powerful Friend? - TheKing2001



After the Memory Stone incident, Sunset spends a lot of time with Trixie to learn about her new friend with unknown consequences.

  • ...
2
 1
 422

Chapter II (Trixie)

I leaned against the statue as a orange Kawasaki Ninja stopped out front next to my blue motorcyle as the rider kicked down the kickstand and Sunset stepped off, taking her helmet off and shaking her hair around with a grin.

“Sunset!” I called out and waved as I pushed myself off the statue. “Over here!”

A few students walking up the steps glanced over at me and I internally wanted to tell them to look away. It always felt as if they were laughing at me. Hell, they laugh at my magic posters so it’s pretty damn high they are laughing at me too. I know I’m not the most liked person at Canterlot High.

“Heyo,” Sunset called back as she tucked her helmet under her arm as she approached. “Hey, can you hold my helmet?”

“Sure.”

I accepted her helmet as she tied her hair in a ponytail and draped it over her back.

“New look?” I asked as she took her helmet back.

“Yeah, wanted to try something new. We should probably hurry along and get inside. Have you had breakfast yet?”

“No. I was waiting for you to get here,” I admitted as Sunset frowned at me.

“I would have met you in the lunchroom. Come on, let’s go. This girl needs a pancake,” Sunset declared as we both started walking up the steps of our school.

“Wallflower might meet us there,” I said and avoided eye contact. “If you don’t mind. Trixie texted you about it this morning but you might have been asleep. Wallflower didn’t say much except maybe.”

“I’ll be nice but I still haven’t decided yet if I forgive her. It took the whole school almost five months forgive me,” Sunset waved around her as some students gave her sad looks. I had remembered half of them publicly said they hated her. After being friends with most of them, I’d imagine that hurt more than she admitted.

“Trixie knows,” I said and rubbed the back of my neck. “Trixie is sorry for being a bitch to you again.”

“You’re forgiven. Again.”

I gave a faint chuckle as we turned a corner to walk into the gym.

“Have you talked to your friends at all?” I asked curiously as I picked up a tray and moved down the line behind Blueberry Cake. “Didn’t you say in a text when I got home that Rainbow called you?”

“Oh fuck!” Sunset cursed and shuddered as Ms. Inkwell frowned at her. “I passed out after that text and completely forgot to call Dash back. No I haven’t talked since the Memory Stone incident. Been busy with you.”

“The what stone?” Blueberry asked as she picked up a muffin and gave us a confused look.

“The Stone that removed your memories. Made you think I was an evil bitch and all,” Sunset explained as Blueberry Cake looked away nervously. “Also made you think I was gonna fight Trixie.”

“Yeah I’m sorry about that by the way. Have no idea why I thought you were mean again.”

“Don’t be,” Sunset shrugged as she tossed me a muffin. “It was magic messing with you. You had no control over that. I had my memories erased too.”

“Because she tried to sacrifice herself for her friends,” I chimed in as she turned red and received an admiring look from Blueberry.

“Gee thanks,” Sunset smirked at me as we left the breakfast line as we both thanked Granny Smith. “Let’s grab a table. Uh, see you around Blueberry I guess.”
²
Neither of us knew her all that well but I didn’t entirely like her. She always seemed to dislike me and well, naturally I dislike those who don’t like me. More like I berate them afterwards for months.

We sat down at a table as I stabbed my sausages with a plastic fork. We both looked up as Wallflower quietly sat across from us with a single muffin and coffee.

“Hey,” Wallflower said hesitantly as her eyes flicked to Sunset and me. “Am I welcome here?”

We both looked at each other before Sunset nodded with a huff, spearing some eggs and putting her spork in her mouth.

“Morning,” I said as I forced a smile on my face. I had originally planned on this going way better than it currently was. “How are you?”

“Eh. You?”

“Trixie is okay,” I answered as I started eating and I glanced at a blue girl waving in our direction and I nudged Sunset. “Your friends are looking over.”

“First off, don’t speak with your mouth full. That’s gross as hell Trixie,” Sunset said with as disgusted expression and Wallflower laughed softly into a fist. She looked over at a upset looking Rainbow as the girl waved again as Fluttershy, Pinkie, Rarity, Applejack and Twilight copied her slowly as Pinkie gestured her over.

“Are you gonna go over there?” I asked curiously as Sunset shook her head and I watched Pinkie’s face fall.

“I’m eating and talking. I see them in class, I’ll talk to them then. It’d be rude to just up and leave you girls without saying anything,” Sunset answered as she unwrapped her muffin and took a bite.

“Trixie doesn’t know about that,” I commented as Rainbow shot me a look and I immediately glared back as Rarity snapped something at Rainbow to make her nod sheepishly. “They seem pretty sad and well, angry at Trixie. They always did hate Trixie.”

“I don’t think they hate you. Fuck those who do,” Sunset snapped as Wallflower recoiled and stared at her breakfast. “Uh sorry. Anyway, I’ll talk to them in class. I have classes with all of em so no biggie. I think they can wait about an hour and a half.”

“Uh huh,” I said as Wallflower continued quietly eating and Sunset toyed with her geode. “Well Trixie will see you in second hour. Wallflower, wanna go to the bathroom with Trixie?”

“Why?”

“Uh all the girls hang out in the bathroom. Besides, Trixie has to wash her hands. See you around Sunny.”

“Bye.”

“Uh okay?”

Wallflower finished her breakfast and followed me quietly as I caught a dirty look from Rainbow and sighed as Sunset kept eating.

I hope she was right they didn’t hate me.

Comments ( 1 )

Interesting story. Added to read list. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment