• Published 2nd Feb 2024
  • 198 Views, 7 Comments

Under The Stars - JeSuisLaPorte



Under the beautiful night sky, Olive is visited by a pony who knows what it's like to be viewed as a monster.

  • ...
0
 7
 198

Under The Stars

In the cradling warmth of the living room, in Sweet Apple Acre, a lone filly sat on the couch, not able to fall asleep. How could she? So much has happened that day, it was the most exhausting day of her life. Come to think of it, this entire month was emotionally taxing. Thankfully it was about to come to an end. Her greatest troubles were now behind her. The ghosts and the demon left, cowering before the filly’s newfound strength and iron will.

The night sky was marvelous. So many stars lighting up the dark sky, the mark of her favorite princess. The princess that did so much for her, one of the first ponies that ever truly cared about her. She didn’t care that she used to be Nightmare Moon. Her actions alone on that day erased all the bad things she did. She was her hero, just like her mother.

Everypony makes mistakes, what truly matters is that they do the right thing when push comes to shove. Princess Luna proved to her she was no monster, unlike him.

Against all odds, Olive won. Bested the invincible stallion that kept her from seeing her true worth. But even then, his ghost remained somewhat. One cannot simply undo eight years of abuse in the blink of an eye. Anarchy would forever remain in her, his legacy living through the many ponies he affected. Legends never die, do they?

Moreover, nopony ever found his horn after it was sliced in two. The crystallised top mysteriously disappeared, spared from sharing the fate of the beast’s body. Olive was too scared to go back to sleep. In the sky, she could see his face, still feel the weight of his sins carrying on through hers, but that’s okay. It helped her to do better. She will never end up like him.

Staring at the medal the two alicorns so generously offered, Olive marveled at its shiny nature. She clutched it with her hooves, dropping her magic to feel the medal. She still can’t believe it. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna called her a hero!

The pink unicorn’s eyes wandered over to her latest creation; a clay model of the best friend she missed. Aurora might not be here anymore, but surely, she can hear her.

“Look, Aurora; I did it! I became a superhero!” She said softly, levitating clay model to her eyes. “I finally saw Princess Luna in pony, and she said I was the most heroic filly she’s ever met! Aren’t you proud of me?”

The clay model might not answer, but Olive knew she would be. She rose to the challenge, went against her father’s wishes like Aurora wanted. Her friend gave her life so that she could break free from Anarchy’s jagged hooves.

“Mommy was so proud of me! She even cried when I received my medal. I think it was happy tears, because she was smiling when she cried. My friends were also impressed when I showed them my medal.”

Staring at the model, Olive dropped her medal on the couch, pulling Aurora closer to her. She held the little clay model with her hooves and hugged it. “I wish you were here with me. I’m grateful for everything you did for me, but it’s just not fair! You did so much, but you’re not here. With me.”

Olive gently brushed her scar, feeling its rugged texture contrasting with her soft fur. A memento, one that’ll server as a reminder of the journey she went on. “Mommy said that the importance was in cherishing the memories I had with you and she’s right. I’ll never forget you, Aurora. Even if I make new friends, you’ll always be special to me.” Her eyes teared up, letting a single drop fall on the miniature pegasus.

A soft knock on the front door startled Olive. She carefully placed Aurora and the medal on the couch before trotting to the window. As she looked outside, she couldn’t believe her eyes. Princess Luna was at her door!

Excited, she opened the door and jumped onto her, awkwardly hugging the alicorn’s neck. “Princess Luna!”

The midnight blue alicorn patted the filly’s head. “Yes, it is me, my little pony. I came here to speak with you, if you don’t mind.”

Olive let go, falling on her flank. “I’m so happy you came for me!”

“I see that’s a resounding yes.” Luna giggled, sitting on the front porch. She looked at the star filled sky, proud of its beauty. She knew the filly loved it to. Ever since she saw her, she wanted to have a conversation with the little unicorn. She played with her many times when she was in the hospital, but never truly got the time to have a meaningful conversation. Then, she simply couldn’t see her after Anarchy began his terrorist activities in Canterlot.

But now that he’s gone, she has all the time in the world to chat with Olive, one of the rare foals that openly loved her more than her sister, not that it bothered her as much anymore. She came to accept that Celestia was more popular. What truly mattered to her was that there were some ponies out there who appreciated her work, her nights. Olive was probably her number one fan, or at least, the number one fan she was willing to acknowledge.

“You often told me you loved the night. May I know why you love it so much?”

Olive sat next to her, brushing against the alicorn’s soft fur. “It’s because of the stars! I always wanted to see them before, but ever since mommy saved my life, I got to see the stars every night. It was the best thing ever! Sometimes, I wish I could fly up there and reach them. I know you were able to see past the sky before, it must have looked even prettier up there.”

Princess Luna smiled; her spirit lifted by the filly’s contagious joy. No matter the hardships and monsters that came her way, she persevered. Where the alicorn once fell, she rose. Both monsters that rose above their weaknesses to become something more, something beautiful... “I’ve been meaning to ask. When we first met, you didn’t look scared of me at all. That was the first time in a while I saw a filly feel so safe around me. Didn’t you know I was once Nightmare Moon?”

Olive climbed on the princess’s back, finding a comfortable spot to lie on. “I knew that, but I also knew you didn’t like being Nightmare Moon. You were being so nice to me, why would I be scared?”

The lunar princess giggled. “Oh, I should have known. Of all the ponies in Equestria, you’re the only one who knows what it feels like to be viewed as a terrifying monster.”

The filly tensed, whimpering. “It’s awful...”

“I know, but don’t worry my little pony; they’ll all come around eventually. We’re not monsters. Not like him. We’ve moved on, proved we can do better. I'll do my best to help them see you for who you are.”

Selfish, clouded by a single evil desire, he was everything she feared she would become had she not been saved by Twilight and her friends. A dark reflection, an evil spirit dancing in the night. They never found his horn, and that was still on her mind. What if someone used it for nefarious purposes? Would they be able to bring this monster back?

So many questions, but they didn’t matter for now. “I’m sorry I couldn’t visit you these past few weeks when you needed me most. I hope I can make it up to you now.”

“That’s okay, you’re still the best princess ever to me.” Olive yawned, resting her face on the alicorn’s back.

Princess Luna smiled, gazing at the bright, hopeful stars in the sky. “And you’ll forever be the sweetest filly I’ve ever met.”

“I love you, Princess Luna.”

“I love you too, Olive.”

Author's Note:

Surprise, surprise! I just realised today that I never really got to write another scene with Olive and Luna together in Never Alone, so I decided to make this quick story for fun. This doesn't count as one of the sequels I've planned. They're not one shots, but also won't be anywhere near as long as the original.

Well, since I'm here, might as well give out my plans for this series. The first sequel coming sometime this month.

Always Together: This sequel will focus more on Sweetie Belle and Olive's developping relationship. It will also include Applejack and Rainbow Dash deciding to take the first step. Our favorite blue pegasus will then spend some quality time with Olive, sparking some unfortunate jealousy in the process...

Untitled Appleloosa story: This one will focus more on the fallout of the Anarchists. Olive and Apple Bloom will go to Appleloosa to stay with Braeburn for some time. Unfortunately, Tirek's rampage across Equestria left Canterlot's dungeon unprotected, resulting in most Anarchists escaping. It just so happen that one of them landed in Appleloosa, and Olive's the only one who knows his true nature. Simple enough, until a certain train brings in a few surprise visitors...

Untitled Equestria Girl story: That one I haven't figure out the details much, only that it will adress what happened to Anarchy's horn that was briefly mentionned here. After Sunset Shimmer learned of what happened, she begins to take notice of a human girl there that ressembles the filly Twilight wrote about. All the while, a certain schemer gets their hand on what remained of the crystal beast. It whispers from its broken horn, seeking only to return from beyond the grave.

Comments ( 7 )

...heh i remember when i first thought the first monster you had was a smiler on never alone
How little i knew what would happen

Selfish, clouded by a single evil desire, he was everything she feared she would become had she not been saved by Twilight and her friends. A dark reflection, an evil spirit dancing in the night. They never found his horn, and that was still on her mind. What if someone used it for nefarious purposes? Would they be able to bring this monster back?

I will make sure that horn is found
Lets fire up the scanner

11814761
Nice to see you again, and as the author's note stated, they'll be more to come!


11814762
Good times. It was a pretty fun story to write. It's fun to see people's reaction in the comments. Sometimes I keep a thing or two from the comments in mind, helps to keep the story fresh and interesting.

Ay, this was really cute!
Anarchy's horn wants to believe it's Sauron's one ring, it looks like, lmao
Excited for the next stories, good luck, mate!

11815148
Funny you mention Sauron. I just finished watching a Lord of the Ring movie a few days before writing this scene. Maybe that's where I got the idea for Anarchy's horn... Oh, and I've already started sketching a potential EQG design for Anarchy. Let's just say it rivals his final unicorn design in terms of creepiness :trixieshiftleft:

Login or register to comment