• Published 27th Jan 2024
  • 5,487 Views, 405 Comments

Last Stop on the Mail Route - scrungusbungus



An HIE / Anon story about an American Veteran that winds up in Equestria during a hunting trip, and what follows as he tries to acclimate to his new life. Single-Mother Derpy Focused Romance, but involves (platonically) other characters.

Comments ( 18 )

Awwww, that ending kinda went somber :fluttercry:
That said ... Dinky is a menace :rainbowlaugh:
I had to stifle myself from bursting into laughter at work xD
I alway love when this story updates and cant wait for more :heart:
Keep up the great work

Ralanost #2 · May 6th · · ·

I love your version of Celestia. Had me smiling almost the entire chapter. Except that last line. Oof, that hits hard.

11897064

Poor Tia. Nonny should give her a hug.

Damn... that ending...

ibanix #5 · May 6th · · ·

Oof, that last second tone change.

Good work, keep the chapters coming!

ROBCakeran53
Moderator

Damn that last paragraph. Amazing stuff.

The tone change and last line hits me right in the tearducts. Ouch.
So thanks for that.

Sounds like they oughta bring Dinky up to see Tia more often. It's not the same as having your own, but...

Dinky, obviously, already has half a brownie lodged down her throat. She makes an ungodly noise of acknowledgement, something akin to a primordial gurgle, before getting back to it.

I imagine the sound of the elusive Murloc. :rainbowlaugh:

That ending...... right in the heart man, ow.

Derpy says Celestia "acts like your aunt"
Funny thing about it, Tía is Spanish for aunt.

Also, that last line took no prisoners, damn.

Sunset, sunset, sunset, sunset.


Sorry, sunset fanboy.

Anon and Derpy are fortunate it was only Tia there. If Cadance was in the room when these two started getting all mushy and lovey-dovey... Oof!
I do find it a little disheartening that Luna never makes it with a physical presence but she does have that OP talent to peek in on nightly dreams whenever she wants to.

The little side talk at the end has me wondering what strings will get gently pulled for Derpy. While becoming a Wonderbolt sounds awesome, it's a full time career and not something designed for a single working mare with foal. Possibly a reserve volunteer unit could be designed if it doesn't already exist in some fashion. Considering the location of Ponyville, it doesn't take a purple genius to know that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

This shit so sweet I'm surprised I haven't got diabetes yet.

Tia has an idea.

Really enjoyed this story so far, thanks for writing!

What’s failed to be pointed out is Celeatia seems like she’ll do her own investigation into Derpy, and it’s brought up she’s still technically married…

There’s a good chance we haven’t seen the last of her husband especially if he never told anypony, and word spreads around Canterlot.

11897240
Hug that mare! Arms around the muzzle.
Get Dinky and Derpy in there.

11913150
Indeed, especially given the high regard Celly holds for the role.

To learn of a pony who threw that away like it was nothing? That precious experience that she can never have? And then went elsewhere to just try for a do-over? Saddling (heh) the mother with debts, no less?

Might not want to hug her when she makes that discovery. First-degree burns, at minimum.

Good on Anon for resisting the urge to keep that confidential.
He really is respectful of Derpy's personal matters and really does follow her lead on handling it.

*pokes author, looking for signs of life*

Login or register to comment