• Published 29th Dec 2023
  • 726 Views, 16 Comments

Twin-Sun Shimmer - Kydopony



Sunset decides to summon some help to research the mirror and ascension. Unfortunately A human soul found it's way in her clone.

  • ...
2
 16
 726

Chapter 7 Play Time With The Sun

Chapter 7 Play Time With The Sun

You lie on the guest room bed as you look down at the ornament you recently obtained, it's twine string replaced with a much stronger and more beautiful silver chain courtesy of Silver Smith. The ornament it's self has been polished and protected with an anti-stick enchantment to keep it clean along with the chain.

You place the ornament back around your neck and begin reading the book on map reading and navigation Silver Sales had bought you. With how much knowledge Sunset left you with on studying, you find that you don't really need to use the book on camping for it's easier map reading lessons. Still, you think to yourself, you might find need of it for other things. Learning how to make your own compass might come in handy.

Pulling out your map of ponyville, you begin to make sense of things as you find the compass symbol on the map, the symbols indicating destinations, and the names and numbers for the streets. You then locate the Everfree forest and begin to plan a route.

As you finish your plans you hear the door open and look up to see Silver Shade enter the room with a toy castle on his back. "Wanna play with me?" He asks as he sets the castle in front of the bed.

"What are you playing?" You ask as you leave the bed for a closer look at the castle.

"Guards and monsters." He opens the castle to reveal a playset. A Celestia figure stands on a thrown with three guards, each one a different tribe, below her in a room you think is ment for training. Two wooden wolves along with a large star covered bear are found in another section which opens to look like a forest. The other section opens to reveal a dungeon which houses a pony in a dark cloak and a three headed dog.

Silver Shade takes the hooded pony and hoofs it to you. "He's the bad guy who controls the monsters." He explains before giving you the monsters and taking the soldiers for himself. "Your the evil pony and the monsters and I'm the guards who save the day."

"Sounds fun." You agree as you grab the hooded pony and a wooden wolf with your hooves.

"Oh and mom says using your magic when playing is good practice." He demonstrates by lifting the guards from his hooves with his magic and placing them on the ground still in his magic and ready for battle, plastic swords and spears at the ready.

You reply by placing the figures in your own hooves on the ground and enveloping them in magic along with the other wooden wolf. "Surrender now." You demand, while you have the hooded pony walk in front of the wolves. "With my army of monsters I'm going to put Celestia in the dungeons and take Equestria for myself."

"I don't think so." The unicorn guard shouts. "We are the royal guards and heroes of Equestria. If you want to hurt the princess you'll have to get through us first."

"As you wish heroes. Attack the guards my pets." As you give the command, your two wooden wolves race from behind you straight for the guards. One attacks the pegasus while the other attacks the earth pony.

"We're not afraid of your timber wolves evil doer." The unicorn proclaims. "For Equestria." As the other two ponies defend their home and princess from the timber wolves, the unicorn charges toward the hooded pony. Plastic meets plastic as the unicorn and the hooded pony cross swords. "Evil never wins. Give up now and maybe we can reduce your sentence."

"Never!" The hooded pony bellows before casting a lightning spell on the earth pony. "Get the princess." You command as the timber wolf now free of enemies make for the castle.

"No!" The unicorn calls out. "Don't worry, I got this." The pegasus proclaims as he leaves the timber wolf to make his way for a ballista and aiming it at the timber wolf running toward the castle. "Your not coming any closer to our princess." The pegasus fires a large bolt straight at the timber wolf removing it from combat.

"Nooo!" You shout.

The pegasus moves to the other timber wolf along with the earth pony and take that one out too before making their way to the hooded pony. "Surrender now evil doer."

"It's not over yet." You warn them as a giant bear covered in stars stomps up behind you.

Before the battle can go any further Silver Sales enters the room. "It's about time for dinner everypony." She announces. "Put your toys away and get ready to eat."

"Can we play a little longer. We just got to the battle with the ursa."

"Alright but try to hurry. You have school tomorrow."

And so the battle continued with the ursa ultimately defeated and the hooded pony once again behind bars.


You sit at the table eating another meal with your hosts when Silver Smith asks. "Silver Shade, I hear you were playing with Twin-Sun earlier."

"Yeah." Silver Shade admits with pride. "We had a lot of fun."

"He didn't interrupt anything did he?" Silver Sales asks.

"No." You answer. "I had already finished when he asked me to play."

"Are you working on something?" Silver Smith asks.

You look up at him with a little gilt in your eyes mixed with a bit of fear. You ask yourself whether or not you should admit what you're up to when his glare sharpens, causing your ears to droop back. With tears in your eyes you decide to come clean. "I've been learning how to read maps."

"Your eyes tell me there is more."

You begin pressing your hooves together as you slouch in your seat. "I drew up a route to get to the everfree."

"I told you I would hire somepony for that didn't I?"

You slouch further. "Yes."

"Stop slouching and sit straight." Silver Sales admonishes. You do as she says and look straight into Silver Smith's disapproving eyes.

"I'm still willing to hire somepony for the job." Silver Smith adds. But if I find out you've gone in the forest without permission, I'll ground you for the whole time we're here and send you're father a letter."

You nod your head. "Yes sir."

"You made a good policy Twin-Sun. We can't just pick and choose when we get to abide by our policy. Otherwise what does it really mean?"

You give Silver Smith a questioning look before glancing down at the amulet around your neck as you hold it in your hooves.

"Polished Silver." Silver Sales addresses. "I'm putting you in charge while me and your father are gone tomorrow."

"What?!" Polished Silver exclaims. "You mean I have to watch her?"

Silver Smith nods. "After this I'm not sure We can completely trust her not to go in the forest." You droop your ears again at this news.

"Why don't the two of you find something fun to do together." Silver Sales suggests. "And please try to get along."

You look up with clear interest. "Can we go to the library?"

"Are you looking for more information on how to get to the forest?" Silver Smith asks.

You shake your head vigorously. "I want to know more about clones."

Polished Silver rolls her eyes.

"That sounds fine." Silver Sales answers. "Polished Silver, do you have anything you would like to do tomorrow?"

Polished Silver gives it some thought. "Can we go to the spa?"

"Is that okay with you honey?" Silver Sales asks her husband.

"Yes that's fine." Silver Smith answers. "Sounds like we've all got a plan. And Twin-Sun. I'll be needing a hair from you to take to the specialist tomorrow. It's necessary to find out whether or not you are indeed a clone."

"Um." You remember Sunset's warning about Celestia and how the specialist will be informing her. "Do you think maybe we could wait a while for that?"

Silver Smith gives you a confused look. "I suppose we could wait a day or two. But we can't wait too long. There are laws about this sort of thing Twin-Sun."

Your eyes go wide. "Laws?"

"Yes laws. now lets finish our dinner. And Twin-Sun." You look back to Silver Smith. "When we're done, I'm taking you to a friends place so they can explain to you just why the forest is so dangerous."


Later that night Silver Smith takes you down to the local farm to have the Apple family tell a story about timber wolves that leaves you shivering in Silver Smith's hooves. A mother and father sit on a couch with their recently born filly in hoof and their older son and daughter on the floor as they all listen to the older mare tell her story. That night as she tells her tale, a group of timber wolves venture outside the forest. The timber wolves are scared off by a certain phoenix on a mission. The phoenix makes it's way back to it's partner for said mission, a mare in golden armor.

"Did you find her?"

The phoenix answers with a majestic caw and a nod.

"Good. We need to send word to the princess at once." Taking a letter out from a satchel in her magic she writes a short message before the phoenix sets it on fire. The embers make their way to Canterlot.

Comments ( 3 )

That night as she tells her tale, a group of timber wolves venture outside the forest. The timber wolves are scared off by a certain phoenix on a mission. The phoenix makes it's way back to it's partner for said mission, a mare in golden armor.

Did that phoenix just prevent Bright Mac, and Pear Butter, from winding up dead by timberwolf attack?

11889087
Yes but I'm not sure I want to keep that in.

Login or register to comment