• Published 22nd Dec 2023
  • 170 Views, 1 Comments

Up on the Roof - Diamond Sparkle



Trixie tries to make sure her fillyfriend has a Happy Hearthswarming but it does not work out as planned.

  • ...
 1
 170

It's Cold Outside

Trixie Lulumoon took a good look at herself in the mirror. Her red and white Santa Hooves suit and hat were perfect and body hugging, and felt really warm too,and her saddlebags were full of lovely Hearths Warming gifts that she had saved up all year for. There were gobstoppers and marzipan fruits and chocolates and tasty crunchy red apples. There was a genuine Rarity Originals dress for under the tree, as it was far too big to fit into even the largest Hearths Warming stocking, four elegant silver bracelets, books about Equestrian History and much, much more. All was ready, and Trixie was determined to give the gifts in the right way. "Operation Merry Christmas is ready. Santa Hooves might boycott my gorgeous girlfriend but I won't. I could just fill her stocking and put presents under the Hearthswarming tree in the warmth-but I want to see what Santa Hooves really has to go through." With those words, she teleported outside to the roof...

And it was cold. Icy cold, as cold as King Sombra's black heart. Without her boots, her hooves would have gone numb at once in the snow and ice and the freezing wind. "I only have to go to one house-how in Equestria does Santa Hooves manage to get around the whole world in weather like this? The weather control ponies should make it easier for him." She slipped, and to her horror she began sliding down off the roof. "No....no....I can't fall..." Without wings she would at best get hurt, and at worst a unicorn pony could die falling from this height. A lesser pony would have certainly been unable to prevent her fall, but Trixie had magic telekinesis that was a lot stronger then that of the average pony due to all her magic shows in the past. She used it like crampons, digging firmly into the ice and pulling herself up the roof to the chimney. Now all that she needed to do was to teleport herself down it and then find and fill Starlight Glimmer's stocking and leave her a present marked "From Santa Hooves" under the tree.

Sadly her aim was off, and she only managed to teleport herself two-thirds of the way down the chimney instead of all of the way down it. Coughing, spluttering, and making an unholy racket, she managed to pull herself down the rest of the way, waking up Starlight in the process.

"Trixie? You're really Santa Hooves?"

"I, well, no, I thought that Santa Hooves would not give you any presents because of the Equality Cult that you made, so I decided to be Santa Hooves for you to avoid spoling your Hearthswarming Day."

"How sweet. But you have to be really naughty for Santa Hooves not to visit you. He always made sure that he gave me presents every year, even after I stole all those cutie marks. I think you really need a bath."

Just then a reindeer materialized in their living room. He was tall and stout, carried a sack using the telekinesis magic from his antlers, and was clad in red and white with warm black boots upon his feet. "What are you two doing up at this time of night?"

Trixie grinned the grin of a crazy fan. "Santa Hooves! I have so many questions for you. Do you really live up in the Frozen North beyond Yakyakistan? Is Hearthswarming Eve an endless night for you, or do you just move around really fast? Do you have..?"

The reindeer used his magic to pull two items from one of the pockets of his red and white suit. One turned out to be some dark glasses which he put on, and the other was a short metallic wand. There was a bright flash that filled the entire room, and Trixie and Starlight passed out. Santa Hooves had no time to waste on talking to random ponies during his most busy time of the year. He did tuck them into bed so they didn't get cold.

*****
Trixie and Starlight opened their eyes, finding themselves tucked up in bed under the covers, and they shared a warm kiss. "Happy Hearthswarming Starlight." Starlight yawned, stretched and replied "Happy Hearthswarming, Princess. I had a crazy dream that you climbed down my chimney dressed as Santa Hooves, and then the real Santa Hooves showed up in all his glory."

When they got out of bed to open their bulging Hearthswarming stockings, Starlight's eyes widened at the sight of her girlfriend's rather dirty and soot-covered Santa Hooves suit. "Maybe at least part of that dream was true after all?" A memory of nearly falling off the roof and why she did it came back to Trixie. And she had risked herself for nothing, as Santa Hooves had come after all, although she didn't remember the exact details. Then Starlight opened the extra gifts from Trixie. There was a pretty silver starfish necklace, a bracelet for each leg and so much more, finishing with a genuine Rarity Orginal dress.

"Thank you, thank you so much! You must have saved up all year to buy me that dress. Rarity's creations are very expensive."

"Trixie did, because pleasing you and making you look good is so worth it." Privately Trixie thought that her girlfriend had changed a lot from when she thought that every pony should be equal, but Hearthswarming Day was hardly a good time to bring that up, and besides, at least she was not trying to reform her nasty little equality cult again or something like it. The rest of the day was spent meeting friends, watching a Hearthswarming Day play, feasting on Hearthswarming Party and other such pony culinary treats and generally having great fun. Trixie wondered what celebrations the griffins and changelings and buffalo tribes were having at this special time of the year.

She ended the day cuddling with Starlight. "How was your Hearthswarming. Princess?"

"As good as I thought it would be. Your presents were wonderful." Starlight pressed a kiss on Trixie's cheek, cuddled her closely, and closed her eyes.

Comments ( 1 )

Very cute. A little short, but fun. I enjoyed it!

Login or register to comment