• Published 24th Mar 2023
  • 215 Views, 7 Comments

1000 Year Exile - CrimsonBrony4812



An alicorn is exiled from Equestria

  • ...
 7
 215

Returning home

After leaving the town, Drake went on his way to Unicornia to get some final news about Equestria before he entered. The journey didn't seem to take as long as it usually did. Upon entering Unicornia, Drake noticed an air of uncertainty. When Drake came up the giant snowglobe castle, he was initially denied access. Drake then tried to explain that he knew the king and had traded with them before. That did nothing as Drake had to wait for someone to recognize him and let him in. After an hour a retired guard recognized Drake and told the guards to let him in. After talking with the king, Drake found out that there had been an attempt on the king's life. Drake then stayed an extra two weeks helping keep peace and find any traitorous ponies. After helping, Drake learned that Celestia's star student, Twilight Sparkle, had quickly become a hero, along with five other ponies.Drake then returned back to the dirt path that would lead back to Equestria. After close to a year leaving the town on the bay, Drake reached the outer edge of Equestria. Drake stood for a moment, remaining that over a thousand years ago he was exiled to this exact spot. Cautiously Drake walked into Equestria, unsure if he would be bounced out. After walking several steps in, Drake sighed in relief. Drake first found a hotel to stay the night so he could rest from his journey. Over the next couple of weeks, Drake journeyed to Baltimare, where Equestria's largest historical library was. Once there, Drake spent the next two weeks catching up on Equestria's history. Drake was enraged when he read all accounts of Luna's sudden transformation into Nightmare Moon. He was further enraged when he couldn't find any mention of him at all. The closest thing he found was an old legend which mentioned an unknown third Alicorn. As Drake caught up in recent history, he was surprised to see the Crystal Empire's early return. Drake was further surprised when he read about Discord's reformation. While at the library, Drake read everything he could about the old castle. Drake was disheartened to read that the old castle was abandoned.

"Celestia must have built a new castle to restart her image, with a new castle and the only hero remaining, her subjects must have loved her. But no matter, I will return and take what Luna and I rightfully deserve," Drake thought to himself on the last day he was at the library. When Drake was leaving, the librarian questioned why Drake was so interested in the historical books. Drake gave a vague answer that he wanted to catch up, before leaving. It took Drake several weeks to walk to the Everfree Forest. Drake walked so he didn't spark news of an unknown pony making its way to what seemed like Canterlot. Drake had no intentions of meeting the main six. When Drake passed through Ponyville on the way, he noticed he could see Canterlot in the distance. When Drake left Ponyville and went into the Everfree Forest, he was unaware that Twilight and Spike were about to do the same thing. As Drake approached the castle, he noticed the extensive damage. As he entered his name and tale started to regain his glow. As he was making his way through the castle, he heard something coming into the castle.

"Dang it," Drake thought, "That must be Celestia's star student, Twilight Sparkle." When Drake came to the doorway leading to the library, he opened a secret doorway that led to his own room. As he entered, his horn started to glow as he walked through. As Drake started to search through his things for the magic infused items, he heard a voice behind him say, "You're not Twilight!"

Turning to Spike, Drake said, "You're absolutely right. You must be Spike right? Twilight Sparkle's personal assistant." Spike nodded in astonishment. Drake proceeded to ask Spike what his name was. When Spike gave two wrong answers, Drake proceeded to tell Spike who he was. Hearing Drake's proclamation about being a prince brought Spike to laughter. After a moment Drake remembered that he didn't exist according to Equestria. Turning his back to Spike, Drake continued his search. After a couple moments, Drake said, "Aha!" Drake pulled out a rotten chest and opened it. He pulled out a large ruby. Then Drake inhaled the magic he infused in it. His wings and horn glowed brightly as his magic returned. With Spike watching Drake finished inhaling the magic infused items as they crumbled to dust. When Drake was finished he looked at Spike and said, "If you can keep quiet about this and get the princesses to gather in three days, I'll give you more jewels you can imagine." Then Drake made a giant chest filled with gems appear. Spike quickly agreed and went to find Twilight. While making his room livable for a few days, Discord suddenly appeared, curious about Drake's sudden gain of magic.

"Well what do we have here?" Discord asked as he poofed into existence.

"An Alicorn looking for his chance to return to power Discord," Drake said, not giving Discord another look.

"I certainly hope you're not planning to overthrow the princesses, otherwise I'll have to warn them," Discord said, slightly miffed that a pony was basically ignoring him.

Drake chuckled, "No Discord, I don't have any plans for that. You see, I am Princess Celestia and Princess Luna's brother. Celestia exiled me without my magic and I intend to surprise Celestia and return to my rightful place as a ruler of Equestria."

"And if she doesn't allow you?" Discord asked.

"Then I will challenge her to a duel, and it would be helpful if you didn't interfere at all. I've read all about you, surely a picnic with Fluttershy could be arranged on the day of my return," Drake said smirking, knowing Discord and Fluttershy was a thing.

"Keep her out of this, however it has been a while since we had a picnic…" Discord said, before muttering to himself.

"Will this solidify a picnic?" Drake asked, opening a saddle bag revealing a cute crab, something he had gotten in Unicornia before going into Baltimare, "I hear that this type of crab is the rarest kind ever." Discord muttered to himself once again before agreeing. When the three days were up, Drake arrived in Canterlot, waiting for a message from Spike. When Drake received Spike's message, Drake sent a message of his own to Celestia.

"That will surely put her on a loop, and close Canterlot," Drake thought. Then Drake quickly flew to the castle and after knocking out guards, Drake finally made his way to the throne room, a place he hadn't been in over a thousand years. With Celestia watching in horror, Drake walked towards them, determined to regain his place. After failing to convince Celestia, Drake challenged her to a duel, which he won. Afterwards, the incident was forgotten and Drake and Luna ruled equally with Celestia for many moons to come.

Comments ( 5 )

Great story 

The ending stunk. Celestia turns her sister into nightmare moon and nothing about why . She just gets forgiven with no punishment?!

11542543
I have another story: A Family Split, that explains a little bit more about the confrontation of Drake and the Alicorns and explains a little bit more about Celestia turning Luna into Nightmare Night. As far as Celestia being without punishment, Celestia is brought to her knees in my first story, and she loses total control of Equestria to share with her siblings l

11542679
It just Celestia still gets to live in the palace and see the people she knows unlike the other two who had to spend a 1000 yrs away everyone they cared about. Luna got it the worst because the moon is pretty boring when it comes to places to live . No warmth no friends no air. No sound.

Login or register to comment