• Published 24th Mar 2023
  • 214 Views, 7 Comments

1000 Year Exile - CrimsonBrony4812



An alicorn is exiled from Equestria

  • ...
 7
 214

The stay at Unicornia

After being banished by his sister Celestia, Drake found himself on the edge of Equestria's border. Drake tried to walk over the border, but was bounced back by an invisible force field. Drake tried several more times, and kept failing. Drake sat down and contemplated on what just happened.

Earlier that day, Drake was told to meet Celestia in the throne room at noon. When Drake arrived at noon, he was surprised when Celestia was absent. His sister had never been late. After waiting a minute, Drake headed to the rooms where only Alicorns were allowed. Drake surprisingly found Celestia in the potion making room on the other side of the castle fifteen minutes later. As Drake was walking in, he noticed several ingredients that Celestia was using to make a potion. Drake noticed enough to know what Celestia was making, a nightmare potion. Drake confronted Celestia about the potion. Celestia, startled at Drake's sudden appearance, told him to go back to the throne room. Drake refused, saying he wouldn't leave until Celestia told him why she needed a nightmare potion. Celestia, without warning, shot a blast of magic at Drake. The blast stole all of Drake's magic, leaving him powerless. Celestia then cast a banishment spell on Drake, that would cause him to be outside of Equestria for a thousand years.

Drake thought to himself, "Why would she do this? Celestia has never acted this way. Why would she banish me?" Drake thought for several minutes before walking away. For close to a week, Drake walked miserably to the nearby kingdom of Unicornia. While walking there, Drake found an old abandoned cloak. The cloak hid his wings and had a hood to hide his horn. As he entered Unicornia, Drake noticed that there was a bustling marketplace nearby. Drake walked over and after an hour managed to become an apprentice to a pony named Pastel Harmony, a well known artist and musician. Drake, being artistic himself, learned quickly and rose ranks even quicker. Drake went under his last name of Moonblazer to avoid any possible recognition.

After close to over a month, Drake started his own small artistic business. Drake also learned to build things as well, which expanded his business. After the first year in living in Unicornia, Drake had a successful business. He mainly did paintings and built small statues, but would occasionally sing at certain events. He was known as a versatile artist and was sought out. This reputation allowed Drake to meet the ruler of Unicornia, King Zep, during a snowglobe making competition. Drake finished in the top ten, which allowed him to compete in the castle for the final competition in the castle. While most made a snowglobe honoring the king or something like that, Drake made a snowglobe that had a miniature snowglobe with a very tiny Unicornia inside. This impressed everyone, including King Zep, who invited Drake to stay for dinner. During the meal, King Zep expressed his huge obsession with snow globes. King Zep wanted to have the largest snow globe collection in equine history. Zep told Drake that he wanted more, Zep wanted his castle to be designed like a giant snow globe. This surprised Drake, who had never seen such an obsession. The conversation continued and Drake became friends with Zep. After finishing dinner, Zep told Drake that the competition was to see who would lead construction for rebuilding the castle into a giant snow globe. Drake did a double take when he heard that.

"With all due respect sir", Drake started, "but do you have the resources and ponies to build such a thing?" Zep laughed and assured Drake that he had been collecting supplies for years. Zep then told Drake that he would give Drake about a year to gather enough ponies for the project. The visit ended and Drake went home and pondered the situation, he figured it would take about three hundred ponies or more to accomplish the giant snow globe castle thingamabob. The next few weeks, Drake started to recruit ponies to help with construction. After two months, Drake had already gathered close to two hundred ponies. After that, Drake had a harder time gathering ponies and on top of that, he was still running his small company. After five more months, Drake had gathered close to two hundred ponies for construction. Out of the three hundred ponies, seventy were architects. Drake met with King Zep once more to let him know that he had gathered enough ponies to begin construction. After that, construction quickly began. Drake and other architects noticed quickly that the glass Zep gathered wouldn't be very strong. A young architect named Charles "outside the box" Thompson came up with an idea to fix the glass problem. The idea was for all the unicorns to magically strengthen the glass. The idea impressed Drake, who soon took Charles as an apprentice, and later saw the plan implemented. The plan almost worked flawlessly, but a couple of glass windows were dropped during the plan. Besides that one mistake, construction continued wonderfully, in fact, construction finished after just a year. When the giant snowglobe castle was finished, Zep was so impressed with Drake's leadership skills, he made Drake one of his advisors. After becoming an advisor, Drake brought Charles with him to learn even more. After a couple of years, Drake had become Zep's official royal advisor and Charles had become one the greatest architect unicorns ever. Despite the fact that Drake was doing well and enjoying himself, every night he kept reminiscing about his time in Equestria, which often kept him up for hours. Drake would replay the encounter with Celestia several times in his head until he fell asleep due to exhaustion. After several years, King Zep finally achieved his goal of having the largest snowglobe collection in history and Drake's duty as advisor became diminished since Unicornia was a very peaceful kingdom and had very nice subjects. Drake and Zep became great friends and would often dine with each other and Charles would join them occasionally as he rose through royal ranks. After several more years, Zep eventually stepped down and retired, allowing his son, Dev, to become ruler. After a couple more peaceful years, Zep passed, causing the kingdom to go into mourning. After this, Drake felt he could no longer help the kingdom. Drake packed his few personal items and prepared to leave the kingdom. Drake said goodbye to Charles, who now had a family and children. It was very emotional for both ponies, especially for Drake. The next day, when the sun rose, Drake was walking out of the kingdom to find another place to stay, and help if possible.

Author's Note:

This is one of three filler stories for my first story: A Family Split
Feel free to comment on how you think the story was, I'm open to learn from mistakes, and feel free to suggest some solutions to any problems