• ...
36
 103
 3,482

PreviousChapters Next
Bats!

Author's Note:

Spoiler alert for Warrior Cats fans who have not read Starless Clan yet

*Pear Butter's POV*


It was rather early in the morning when I was out in the field, waiting for the sun to rise. Little did I know, something bad was about to happen.

I saw my daughter, Applejack, waitin’ for the sun to rise. Heehee, that daughter of mine sure is dedicated.

Applebloom was practicing her sword swing on a tree, much to Applejack's annoyance.

Applejack groans "Will ya knock that off Applebloom?"

Applebloom spoke "Sorry sis but Ah can't afford ta slack off, Exis could attack us at any time and Ah have ta be ready."

Applejack spoke "Again, we don’t know where he could be."

Pebble yawns loudly "Last time we saw his ugly mug was when he got pulled through a portal to an arctic mountain... Think about it girls, where's the nearest mountain?'"

Applejack gasps "Mount Everhoof!"

Pebble spoke "Exactly."

Applebloom spoke "Ah don’t know, it didn’t feel like Mount Everhoof one tiny bit."

Pebble was looking at a tree before his ears flatten.

Pebble yowls "Bright Mac! Go wake the others up! We got an infestation!"

Applejack gasps "What!?"

Pebble pulled down a rotten apple from the tree and shows it to Applejack and the others.


*Later that day*


Pebble had called a multi-Clan meeting.

Harestar asks "Anycat know what's going on?"

Leafstar spoke "No idea but I fear it concerns everyone."

Tigerstar asks "Why else would the first medicine cat of ShadowClan call a multi-Clan meeting like this?"

Brambleclaw spoke "More than likely."

Blizzardstar spoke "Without apples, I don't think a certain wolf would be happy... *shudder* That's something I don't want to see..."

Chrysalis spoke "ME NEITHER!"

Twilight asks "What do you think about all this Squirrelstar?"

Squirrelstar spoke "I'll admit, this situation is unnerving."

Rarity spoke "Last thing any of us want is a rampaging pregnant she-wolf..."

Okay, that is scary.

Jayfeather asks "What's the problem?"

Applejack spoke "It’s those darn fruit bats!"

Pebble spoke "It's much worse AJ, we're dealing with VAMPIRE fruit bats!"

Applejack retorts "Don’t cha think Ah knew that already?!"

Various Abyssinians murmur among themselves.

Fluttershy showed up. “Um… what if instead of forcing them out, we let them have part of the orchard.”

…What?

Dovewing spoke "She's right Applejack. Vampire fruit bats or not, they have feelings too."

Ivypool asks "How would you feel if someone else drove you out of your home?"

Applejack spoke "Have you lost yer pest-lovin’ minds?! Ya don’t know what happened the last time those varmints came here? It was trouble all winter!"

Rainbow Dash asks "W-What about the cider? There was still cider, right?"

Applejack spoke "Not. A. Drop."

Rainbow Dash spoke "No cider? NO CIDER?! We need to get rid of these monsters and we need to do it now!"

Spottedleaf roars loud, breaking up the fight.

Spottedleaf spoke "ENOUGH!!!!"

Twilight spoke "You're all making fools of yourselves! The last thing we need is a war of the Clans!"

But then we heard a sudden thud as we saw Fluttershy unconscious.

Even Dovewing was unconscious.

We somehow managed to keep a war from breaking out, but when night fell and everyone else was asleep, I stayed outside because I have a strange feeling about something.

Ivypool spoke "I blame Twilight for this..."

“None of that, Ivypool. Because I think the vampire fruit bats are the least of our worries.” I responded.

Ivypool growls "My sister's a freaking vampire! I heard about it from Vinyl!"

“Wait-what?” I asked in confusion before something whisked past with a hiss.

Vinyl shows up but her shades were off.

Vinyl spoke "It's true."

Then another figure whisked by with a hiss.

Vinyl had hissed back at the two.

One of the figures’ tongue lashed out before it grabbed an apple and sucked it dry with its fangs.

Vinyl asks "Was that Fluttershy?"

Ivypool asks "Or was that Dovewing?"

“No… That isn’t Fluttershy and Dovewing… That’s Flutterbat and Dovebat!” I responded.

Ivypool yowls loud, rousing the rest of MeadowClan as well as all of ShadowClan.

Rainbow Dash asks " What is going on?!"

Ivypool spoke "My sister's been turned into a vampiric Abyssinian! And it's Sparkle Butt's fault!"

Twilight spoke "Actually, I think it’s our fault."

Spottedleaf spoke "Don't drag me into this Twilight!"

Aria was thinking about nachos.

Twilight spoke "No. we were all involved at trying to help the bats leave peacefully, but when I used that spell, it transferred the vampire fruit bats’ desire to be vampire fruit bats into Fluttershy and Dovewing. But we’ll need to find a way to restrain them so I can restore them to normal."

Sonata spoke "Catching them is the hard part though."

Ozul spoke "Hmm… We might have to use Fluttershy’s own stare against them."

Danyelle spoke "But you forget... Our Fluttershy's Stare is far stronger than OC-verse Fluttershy's Stare."

Nadia asks "Meaning?"

Danyelle spoke "Basically..."

Danyelle explained why.

Lucy yawns "Ice made a dumbass mistake one time when he challenged Shy to a staring contest and... *wings shot up on end* BANG!!! The stupid cyro was coughing out smoke."

Ozul spoke "I meant using our Fluttershy’s own stare against her, not from a counterpart."

Nightclaw asks "How is that supposed to work?"

Snowflake spoke "Her stare's too powerful now!"

Applejack spoke "Looks like we’ll need bait… And Ah know what’ll work as that."

Both Tigerstar and Flowerstep had the same nervous look on their faces.

Flowerstep spoke "Tell me she's not..."

Tigerstar spoke "She is..."

Applejack spoke "Not you two. We ain’t usin’ live bait."

Flowerstep glares hard at Flutterbat, making the mare freeze in place.

Flowerstep spoke "That's enough Fluttershy, you're scaring both me and Hawkbreeze."

Hawkbreeze spoke "Mommy..."

Applejack spoke "That wasn’t my plan at all, but alright."

Ivypool spoke "That just leaves Dove.... ACK! SHE BIT ME!!!"

Ozul spoke "Definitely feeling Umbral Elemental energy here!"

Danyelle "Dovewing has lightning and darkness affinities though. But the vampirism boosted the darkness affinity..."

Ivypool groans "Gah! Something’s… happening… to me…!"

Fernsong asks "Ivypool, you okay sweetie?"

Ivypool spoke "T-Twilight… do it now!"

Fernsong restrains Ivypool while Sunrise grabs Dovewing with magic.

Twilight spoke "Already on it!"

Vinyl spoke "I don't think those that were bitten can be reverted back to normal."

Twilight spoke "If not, then at least their power can be restrained!"

Vinyl spoke "I've been a vampire for 300 years though but I don't do good with sunlight since it really damages my eyes."

Ivypool spoke "Guess I'll be needing a good pair of sunglasses soon..."

Vinyl spoke "Luckily, I got tons to spare."

Ivypool asks "But what about Fluttershy and Dovewing?"

Vinyl spoke "Let’s just say the inner vampire fruit bats are now deep inside them."

Twilight spoke "Oh sugar honey iced tea... I can't remove the influence completely."

Twilight fainted.

Vinyl spoke "At least it won’t happen again for a while."

Danyelle asks "But what about the rest of ThunderClan and ShadowClan?"

Vinyl asks "Huh?"

Danyelle spoke "Dovewing and Ivypool aside, the rest of their respective Clans are mortal..."

Vinyl asks "Um, remember that blast of magic that turned the Mane 6 to alicorns?"

Danyelle spoke "Yeah but ascending two Clans doesn't seem fair for SkyClan, WindClan, RiverClan and ForestClan though. Half of MeadowClan is already immortal."

Vera showed up. “Well, I think things’ll be evened out soon enough.”

Danyelle spoke "It doesn't work that way Vera! Not all of SkyClan are able to ascend though since the alicornism is lower in the others aside from Leafstar and Harrybrook."

Vera spoke "I’m talking about in the future, Danyelle."

Danyelle spoke "It's bad enough we have one immortal Clan leader on top of TWO vampiric Abyssinians."

But then we heard a roar as we saw something fly through the sky before it vanished into a dark portal that immediately closed.

Danyelle asks "What in StarClan's name was that?!?"

Ozul spoke "That figure… No, it couldn’t be."

Rainbow Dash spoke "Wait, that head looked familiar…"

Brambleclaw spoke "That fiery orange coloring reminds me of Firestar..."

Squirrelstar spoke "There was something orange hanging onto that creature."

A dappled tabby blur flew at high speed, breaking the sound barrier thus luring out the creature.

Brambleclaw asks "Was that... Leafstar?"

But then something fiery orange jumped off the creature, following the blur.

Squirrelstar spoke "That looks a lot like... Firestar!"

The creature then went into a portal before it completely closed again.

Leafstar banks back before landing.

Leafstar spoke "Great StarClan.... WHAT A RUSH!!!"

The male spoke "You… You look familiar."

Flintfur spoke "H-hi."

Firestar asks "What’s going on here exactly?"

Squirrelstar spoke "*tears in eyes* D-daddy..."

The dark ginger Abyssinian tackle hugs Firestar while crying.

Firestar asks "Huh?"

Danyelle spoke "*pulling Squirrelstar off with magic* Sorry about this one, you look exactly like a different Firestar... Fiery orange fur and all."

Firestar spoke "I’m afraid I don’t understand."

Danyelle used her magic to play back the final moments from when the original Firestar had died.

Spottedleaf whimpers "This was the same day I was reborn as an Abyssinian...."

Flintfur spoke "Many of us got transmigrated. The dark tortoisehell and I both got reincarnated."

Firestar spoke "Ugh… This is a bit much. I think I need to turn in for the night."

A loud crash was heard before a gray furred Abyssinian with a dark gray stripe down the back groaned in pain since he had crashed into a tree.

The gray tom asks "Wait... Is that you Fireheart?"

A black tom with a small tuft of white on the chest and a white tail tip asks "You sure this is the right cat though Graystripe?"

Graystripe spoke "I’m sure of it."

The black tom spoke "But he doesn't remember his daughter though."

Yellowfang asks "Firestar? Is that really you?"

Firestar suddenly yowled as he held his head in pain.

Fireclaw asks "he gonna be okay mom?"

Both Graystripe and the black tom take notice of the wings on Fireheart's back.

Graystripe gasps "What in the?!"

Leafstar spoke "This is unexpected..."

Fireheart asks "What’s unexpected?"

Leafstar spoke "Try moving those things on your back and nothing else."

Fireheart asks "I’m sorry, what?"

Leafstar turns her back towards Fireheart before unfurling her own wings.

Leafstar spoke "According to the yellow furred she-cat, all of SkyClan became half Pegasus though. But Harrybrook and I are a rare case."

Rainbow Dash spoke "*Yawn!* I don’t know about you guys, but I need some shuteye."

Applejack spoke "Ah’m just glad to have my friends back."

Danyelle spoke "Night guys."


end

PreviousChapters Next