• Published 30th May 2023
  • 287 Views, 2 Comments

Kill Your Past: PRIMED AND LOADED - Netap



Future Spike has traveled back in time in order to stop magic from disappearing from Equestria. If only he knew what to look for.

  • ...
3
 2
 287

Pilot

At the end of a bridge floating in the middle of nothingness stands a three meters tall creature covered in purple and green scales.
The creature's shoulders were broad and muscular, leading to two large purple arms, ending in sharp-scaled claws. Its eyes were a deep green with a slit pupil.
Two Muscular purple legs stood from underneath its tall body, a green-scaled underbelly goes from the start of its chin to the end of its tail, which ends in a purple spear-tipped point.
Its back was covered in green spines, sharpened over the centuries into a natural defense from the top of its head to the middle of its tail.
On its back, two large leathery wings, moving up and down with each labored breath from the large bipedal reptile.

It wore a belt around its body, many small blue objects tucked into several pockets along its length.
A floating green orb levitated around its shoulders, always just out of reach of its arms.
A hilt of a sword was held near the bottom of his belt, no blade could be seen.
And finally, near its hip, a small leather bag was tied with a small rope, its contents hidden.

The creature took a deep breath before it looked down at the object near its feet.
A golden chest, its magical weight felt heavy even for the creature, holding inside it the artifact it spent so long trying to get.

A safe way to go back in time, A way to change the future without the creation of a temporal paradox.

The Creation of a New Timeline, resulting in the subsequent erasure of the previous timeline whilst still keeping his own existence by virtue of becoming a paradoxical anomaly.

It is the magnum opus of one of the smartest ponies the creature knew, the final fail-safe of one of its oldest friends.

And now, it was time for it to be used.

The Bipedal Dragon opened the magical box, revealing its contents.

A Single Revolver with a half-looped barrel.

The Gun That Can Kill The Past, The last gift of Starlight Glimmer to the World, The Magnum Opus she spent hundreds of years in a temporal loop in order to perfect, and protect.

Slowly bending down and gently lifting the gun from the chest, The Green and Purple Dragon took out a small object from one of the many pockets on its belt, It glowed in a corona of colors as the creature took the small item and placed it inside of the gun.

"Twilight," The creature whispered as it looked at the gun in its hand, "I'm sorry," It lifted its arm and held it straight ahead, the turned barrel of the arcane firearm meant that the creature was aiming the weapon at itself.

"I failed Ember," It continued to say as it looked down the endless darkness inside the barrel of the gun.
"I failed Garble," A shiver went down the back of the Purple dragon as its thoughts went back to the moment it decided to leave Equestria behind.
"I failed Smolder, I failed Luster Dawn, I failed Flurry Heart," The creature held itself back from crying, something it hadn't needed to do in more than one hundred years.

"But worst of all, I've failed you," It took a deep breath to stabilize itself, its voice echoing in the endless nothingness of the Aimless Void.

"But I will fix this," It said, taking another deep breath and closing its eyes.
"I will find out why magic is leaving Equestria," It spoke, "And I will stop it."

With a new sense of confidence, the creature opened its eyes, now clearer than they were in years.

"I will kill that past," A large clawed finger clicked back the hammer on the revolver in its hand.

"Because Saving the World?" It paused as it looked at the gun, before smiling widely, its razor-sharp teeth reflecting the senseless light of the void around it.

"That's just what I do!"

And with a click of the trigger, An entire timeline, save for one single Dragon.

Ceased to exist.


When he opened his eyes, Spike found himself in a small crater in the ground. burnt and smoking patches of grass were dotted around him as he looked at where he was.
He could still hear the gentle thrumming noise that his Sprun made as it floated by his shoulder.

Seeing that he knew not where he was, He bent his legs, lowering himself to the ground.
And with a mighty flex, he jumped.
Far above the trees, he rose, higher than any creature of that forest.
And as his rise started to slow, he spread his wings and flew.

Following his shadow that formed on the canopy of trees far below, Spike searched for any clue of where he was.
Was he somewhere in the Everfree Forest? Was he in a different set of woods?
Was he even in Equestria?

He wasn't sure, All he knew was that sometime in the future, Long after all his friends died, Magic will disappear.

And that he had to find Starlight Glimmer if he wanted to stop it.

So with another powerful flap of his wings, Spike sped up.
The displaced air around him rattled the trees and ruffled the small fins on the side of his head.
Spike flew above the sea of trees, and he continued flying when the forest gave way to a rocky terrain, and then mountains, Mountains which grew taller and colder as he continued to fly.

The Sun set, and so Spike used the light reflected off the moon to continue his flight as his eyes adjusted to the change in brightness.

He continued to fly in a straight line, The Moon set and the sun of the day after rose, And Spike continued to fly.

He was already starting to get tired, small bits of frost stuck to his spines but he shook them off with another flap of his powerful wings.

He couldn't take any breaks, he had to reach civilization, he had to know where he was.

He couldn't afford to fail, not so soon.

If his wings stopped working, he would run.
If his legs stopped working, he would crawl.
If then his arms stopped working, he would use his tail, his chin, whatever he could.

He would succeed.

He had to.

And with another flap of his wings, Spike crested over one of the mountain peaks, and he saw it.

A small town was nested by the bottom of the mountain. He could see foals running around and playing with a ball, the adults working at their different jobs.
Some carried saws while others carried drills and picks, Rocks and logs.

It was a small mining town, One he did not recognize, but nonetheless it was a place to start.

He tucked his wings in and started to accelerate downwards.
A cone of wind formed around him as he fell, like an upside-down firework.

And as the ground neared him, closer and closer, Spike opened his wings to their fullest extent and his momentum stopped.

Silence fell over the small town as all the ponies turned to look at the large dragon that landed in its center.

Seeing all the ponies looking at him with fear, Spike decided to open his introduction with a light joke to lighten the mood.

Too bad that more than a full day of flying left the Dragon very hungry, and when his belly rumbled at the smell of the food in the town...

The Ponies began to scream.

Author's Note:

This is just a test, I'm not planning on working on this soon, I'm way too busy with other projects.
Just wanted to put this out here to test the waters, see if I should do more some months down the line.

Comments ( 2 )

It's really good whenever you get a chance pls update

Some good DD2 quotes for this chapter
Do not retreat from painful remembrance. Embrace, and learn.
Look to those who have known fear and failure in ample portion.
These are beaten, broken souls - and yet, our fortunes ride with them.
The more they have to hold on to, the harder they will fight.
When all is lost, we cling to what we can remember.
When you are ready, this rutted roadway will finally take you home...
Each gravestone is more than a failure - it is a promise to do better.
Look to the horizon and lament.

Login or register to comment