• Published 20th Dec 2022
  • 907 Views, 21 Comments

HighFleet: The Journey for Salvation - ARandomLonelyDude



The campaign in Gerat has ended but the troubles of the fleet have just begun as an ancient message sends it on a path deep into the desert.

  • ...
2
 21
 907

Chapter 10: Yeshoua

From the inside, the hive was a truly spectacular sight. It was a great city, not built around a river but within a spire that reached high into the sky. Unlike Mark imagined, there was a lot of open space in the hive, as if the spire were hollow, allowing the changelings to fly between the different levels.

He watched it all as he, Admiral Daud, and General Pytor were taken to the top of the hive where the meeting room was. Along with them was Queen Chrysalis. She could sense the feeling of wonder the men were feeling. It was a brief break from the stress and anxiety that was common within the hive, and the hate and suspicion that outsiders felt for changelings.

It was not to last for long, however. The elevator came to a stop and the door opened. The group exited and walked down a hallway lined with elegant columns and paintings depicting past rulers and historical events.

They soon came upon a large door with a guard on either side. They opened it, allowing the group to enter, and closed it behind them. Inside was a rather plain looking meeting room with a large round table and several chairs around it.

"Please take a seat, the rest of the leaders will be here shortly." Chrysalis said as she took a seat.

The men took seats next to each other. Within a minute, two Griffins and a changeling entered and took their seats.

The meeting started.

"So you're the men with the metal ships." One of the Griffins, Red Feather, began, eyeing them with curiosity. She wore clothing similar to the khans of Great, Daud noted

"Yes, and I assume that you know why we are here." Mark replied.

"Yeah, your quest for revenge. Doesn't really matter as long as I get paid."

She was a mercenary, that much Mark could tell by her attitude. Despite being so far away from home, the people acted the same.

Almost everyone else was offended by her attitude to such a threat with the exception of the other griffin, who was mildly annoyed, and Queen Chrysalis, who didn't care about what she had to put up with as long as prince Ahmad was punished.

"Do we have a plan on how we will fight the Prince, now that he has allied with Equestria?" The other Griffin, Dawn Blade, asked, getting straight to the point.

"We'll have to split their forces. There is no chance that the airships will be able to take down the larger ships in their fleet." Pyotr answered, giving his opinion on how to deal with the situation.

"Or we could use our nuclear missiles." Daud said, giving another option. The room was silent for a moment, before the other changeling, Zahd, the commander of the Queen's army asked a question.

"How effective will they be?" He asked.

"Very effective, one can reduce a city to ash in a moment." Daud answered.

"They are a last resort, however. Thier power is rivalled only by the destruction they bring." Mark spoke, remembering the final days of the Gerati campaign and the death it brought. "We can call for reinforcements but they will take time to reach us. I'd suggest hit and run tactics to wear down the enemy before a direct assault."


The meeting had continued for a while when Queen Chrysalis decided that the strangers were trustworthy.

"I regret cutting this meeting short but I believe there is something important that you must see," she said to the humans in the room. They looked at eachother, confused as to why the meeting was ended so abruptly. The changelings were fine with it and left the room at a gesture from their queen.

The queen led the men out to the elevator, where they started descending. Mark thought that they would stop at the ground floor but the elevator kept descending. Soon, the only thing they could see was the rough wall of the elevator shaft in the dim yellow light of the elevator.

They came to a stop deep below the ground. The air was still and deathly quiet around them. In front of them was a brightly lit corridor. The place made the men uneasy.

"This way," said the queen as she took the lead and stepped off the elevator. The men followed.

"Long ago, my ancestor found this spire in th desert and made our home in it," began the queen as the walls around them started looking familiar to the men. "But they found this hole as well. They explored it and found one thing.

The vault."

The group stopped in a huge room which had an equally large vault gate in it. The room had a similar construction to the bunker in Khiva.

"Could this be it? Salvation?" asked Daud as he gazed upon the great door, hope in his eyes.

In front of the gate was a console. Without saying anything, Mark approached it and looked it over. It was clean but had no lights on. He read the texts on the few buttons on the console and pressed one, seemingly at random. The console lit up with green and red lights and the screen on it showed some text that only Mark could comprehend.

"Place hand on scanner." said the console as a flat glass piece on it lit up with blue light. It had the outline of a hand on it, telling Mark where to put his right hand. He placed his hand on it and the console started beeping.

A loud hiss filled the room as ancient hydraulics powered up. "Access granted. Welcome, savior." said the screen on the console. The gate took a minute to open, revealing a great dark room within. Lights inside turned on, revealing another long corridor.

The group walked the vault, wordlessly and filled with curiosity. The walls around them switched from being plain to being covered in engravings and murals that looked pristine, as if they were finished yesterday. The murals depicted a great empire which commanded vast armies and navies that reached to the skies where the two moons, Chandra and Kharu, recided. Then there was a change. There was only moon, Chandra, and the people looked miserable. A group of them travelled to a great spire where they dug into the earth and placed a single box. The vault.

The corridor ended and they were in one last room. It had a great cylindrical construct that radiated power. Its surface was covered in many pipes and lights that looked strangely organic in their placement. In front of the construct was a slab of stone that had a message carved onto it.

"May the Goddess Ishu ensure that no one but the savior harness the terrible power of this abomination and may he bring forth a new golden age," Mark read it out loud.

"You're the savior..." said the Queen quietly.

"This is salvation," said Pyotr, wonder in his eyes.

This was what they had come for and now, they had it.

Author's Note:

AND THUS THE LORD SAID "IT LIVES! LETS FUCKING JOE!"

horsies dnot exist en highfleet. iits caled dark homer librals

https://imgur.com/WN6GDzJ