• Published 20th Dec 2022
  • 906 Views, 21 Comments

HighFleet: The Journey for Salvation - ARandomLonelyDude



The campaign in Gerat has ended but the troubles of the fleet have just begun as an ancient message sends it on a path deep into the desert.

  • ...
2
 21
 906

Chapter 9: Suspicion

"We have lost contact with the missile. Strike has failed." the operator announced, looking at symbols on the console's screen with fear in his voice.

The only sound left in the room was of the cooling fans of the consoles in the room. An officer stood behind the operator, thinking about what he would say to Prince Ahmad. The missile was one of the three nuclear missiles they had and it was the one with the largest warhead.

Prince Ahmad had promised the princesses of the land that he would destroy the changelings in the south. The missile could not have failed, nor could it have been shot down with the primitive technology the changelings had. It could mean only one thing.

The Grand Duke was close.

He feared and respected the Grand Duke very much, having heard the tales, from those that survived battles against him, of how effective his fleet was and how equally merciful they were. He considered stealing one of the lightnings, gathering whoever was not loyal to the prince, and desert or maybe defect.

"Should I inform the prince of this?" one of the men at the consoles asked hesitantly. It seemed that the defection would have to wait.

"No, it is my job to do that." the officer answered. He turned around and left the room and headed for an elevator. He stood alone in the elevator alone as it descended to the lowest level of the mobile fortress they were in. Even with all the armor and firepower they had, he was still fearful, just like almost all the others onboard. The only ones who were confident in their victory were the prince and his generals.

He stepped out of the elevator, into what was once the lower cargo bay. It had carried machines, material, and men earlier but now it had transformed into a factory, making parts for ships. He walked through the floor, avoiding workers and machinery, before stepping out onto a ramp.

The weather outside was cloudy and cold, unnatural for a summer. All around the factory ship were methane drills and pipes attached to them that went back to the ships. It was a blessing that methane was easier to find in Equestria. IN the distance, he saw a large colorful tent. He made his way to it.

Inside the tent were the princesses and the prince. They were talking about sharing technology with each other, with Equestria offering magical knowledge and equipment while the Gathering offered their knowledge on machines.

Both stopped when they saw hi enter.

"Ah, Captain Raza, I take it that you are here to inform us of the successful strike." prince Ahmad started.

Captain Raza, stood silent for a moment, thinking how he will deliver the news to them. The princesses had a suspicious look and it seemed that they knew something had gone wrong.

Captain Raza finally spoke, "The strike failed."

"What do you mean the strike failed? I was told that all the missiles had been checked thrice and had no problems!" prince Ahmad said, getting angry at the failure. He had promised the princesses that he'd wipe the changelings out but had failed and outed right in front of them.

"It was not a technical issue... the missile was shot down." Captain Raza clarified.

"You had assured us that the changelings would not have been able to fight back against your missile, prince Ahmad." princess Luna said, her voice showing suspicion of the prince.

"Correct. They should not have been able to, and they did not." Captain Raza answered. He paused to take a breath before continuing, "The only explanation is that... the Grand Duke has reached the changelings."

All in the tent remained silent, allowing the Captain to continue.

"We... do not know anything else as of now. I would suggest sending a ship to scout and gather information about the Romani fleet and what they are doing with the changelings."

"...Very well then. Captain Raza, I order you to gather a crew and take a lightning to go south and gather information on the Grand Duke's fleet." Prince Ahmad said.

Author's Note:

hell yeah fuck yeah
i feel like killing it
TACHYON!