• Published 10th Nov 2022
  • 1,592 Views, 23 Comments

Benefits of Being a Hippogriff - Appleody



After a minor disagreement with her sister, Luna decides to seek a little freedom from her presence. A chance encounter with a griffon gives her an interesting method.

  • ...
1
 23
 1,592

Epilogue

Dear sister
We hope thou art doing well after Our little disagreement. We have never been better and have even used Our minor spat as an excuse for a little incognito holiday. We shall see thou in a few weeks. Do not worry, for We shall endeavour to send a number of post cards, like this, relating to Our many adventures.
Yours Faithfully

Luna

PS. please excuse the poor quality of our writing. While a novel experience, use of talons will take Us some acclimating to. Not to mention that of the beak.

Author's Note:

And there's the end. I accomplished my goal of making something I haven't seen before exist. Maybe it would have been better for me to consider whether I should, than whether I could?

If people enjoy this story, I may write a few one-off chapters about some adventures in Griffonia. Might write them as the postcards back to Celestia or something.

An example of one could be: hello sister, today I found out that my companion cannot face down a hydra with just her sharpened claws. This has caused quite a predicament.

Comments ( 13 )

I like how neither Gilda nor Rainbow were particularly aware there was much out of the ordinary lmao.

I approve of this and your other story.

11419616
I'm glad you enjoyed. :)
This idea just sort of popped up, while I was brainstorming for my other story. It didn't really have a place to go, so whole new story it was.

Good story just as good as the nights’s shining armor which is also good keep up the good work

11419769
Cheers for the kind words. :)
The next chapter of Night's will hopefully be out next week.

11419806
Yay, I found that I like stories of sentient objects a lot I’ve been watching reincarnated as a sword when the episodes come out

11419808
I've heard of that. When it becomes available on a more familiar platform, I may give it a watch.

I shall keep this story saved just incase your brain decided to expand on this AU.

11421253
Maybe there'll be a rainy day where I'm a bit stuck for something to do. You never know. :)

I liked it very much! I was hoping for something longer.

Dear sister, it seems bits are much more important in the economy of today. After unsuccessfully bartering, we have this sought out temporary employment....

11464454
I like the sound of that. Wonder what job Luna would think to go for? A few things come to mind.

I kinda think this would make a fun little brief sequel. Perhaps when Rainbow and company next encounter Gilda, it turns out Luna's still fused with her because Luna has been enjoying herself so much she's lost track of time :rainbowlaugh: Perhaps long enough that Gilda's not noticed she's visiting mount aris and hanging around other hippogriffs :pinkiecrazy:

11490111
I like the sound of that, Gilda interacting with real hippogriffs. She'd probably not want to go to Mount Aris with them, but I reckon Luna would bring her along (despite the protests). :)

Login or register to comment