• Published 21st Sep 2022
  • 818 Views, 15 Comments

Friendship Reborn - Mystic Sunrise



Sci Twi discovers the true magic of friendship. But how can she stand against someone drunk on stolen magic?

  • ...
18
 15
 818

Epilogue

"... And that's when you came through, sugarcube," Applejack finished, as the newly expanded Rainbooms and Princess Twilight sat around the still smashed Wondercolt statue.

Twilight's head was spinning from everything she had just been told. Of everything that had happened during the Friendship Games and since. That was on top of the shock of meeting her counterpart, who was still eying her while trying to keep her own head from spinning.

It was a losing battle for both of them.

Sunset nodded glumly. "Not my best day, that's for sure. At least this time, the students were a lot faster to forgive me. Kinda hard to blame everything on me when basically the whole school saw the magic overtaking me."

Twilight nodded. That was a relief at least, as she looked at her counterpart's necklace. It could not be a coincidence that it was an almost exact copy of the Element of Magic. But what could it mean now? Where were the other Elements of Harmony if this meant what she was beginning to think it did?

Twi (as Pinkie Pie had begun to call her, much to her annoyance), sighed as she looked down at it. "I still do not know what I'm supposed to do with this. It feels right that I have it, and there is still so much magic in it. I can feel it. Even though I gave all of the magic back as soon as I could."

Sunset nodded in sympathy. "We've been trying to help her with learning her magic. But there's only so much we can do in this world."

Twilight nodded, unsurprised as she tapped her chin. "Well. The proper thing to do would be to teach you in Equestria. But so much is going on now. It's gotten so bad that Kohaku's sister has stepped in and is directly overseeing the cleanup. She rarely ever does that. Even after Discord's return."

Twi blinked. That was unexpected. "Which one? He has four of them."

Now it was Twilight's turn to blink in surprise. "Um. His eldest, Kazumi Stormbringer. It takes something exceptional for her to step in and overrule Princess Celestia and Princess Luna as she has."

Rarity tapped her chin. "But darling. I thought Princess Celestia and Princess Luna ruled Equestria. Or has something changed since we last saw you?"

Sunset nodded. "They do. But they're not the real rulers. Above them is Kazumi as Shogun, and her sisters are the Daimyos of various parts of Equestria. And above them are their parents as emperor and empress. Most ponies never meet them though, and you better be damn sure it's important if you go over the princess's heads to the Shogun. Let alone all the way to the top."

Rainbow rolled her eyes with a groan. "What is this, Japan with ponies or something?"

Twilight and Sunset both shrugged helplessly. "I have actually met Kohaku's whole family. I have never been more scared in my entire life. Especially with what they were asking of me," Twilight shivered at the memory. "But they were also incredibly polite and kind. I have never felt as much love and compassion as I did from his mother. Only Princess Celestia comes close. I must have done something big because they asked me to be his teacher. And as much of a headache I constantly get from both him and Pearl, I wouldn't change it for the world."

Twi giggled, remembering the same from interacting with them in this world for so many years. "That does sound like them." She blinked as it finally clicked. "Wait. Pearl? As in his best friend, Pearl Rose?"

Twilight was taken aback by the question but nodded all the same. "Yes. They're both of my students and have been for several years now. How do you know them though?"

Twi smiled sheepishly as everyone turned and gave her the same questioning look. "Yeah. How do you know them?" Pinkie asked. "You seemed very familiar with them when they came into the Sweet Shop yesterday! So spill, Twi!"

Twi twirled her hair with a chuckle. "We grew up together. Heck. They were my first friends. We used to play and do everything together." She sighed. "And once I started at Crystal Prep, it all seemed to fall apart. I spent so much time focused on studying that I cut them out entirely. I've been trying to make up for it ever since the Friendship Games."

Twilight smiled. It sounded so much like her and her Canterlot friends. Another strange coincidence. Or was it? So much sounded familiar to her. Same but different as many would say. Interesting.

Fluttershy, though, looked at the portal with worry. "Um. Should we be worried someone comes after you then? Kohaku comes into the shelter every now and then, or one of his sisters does. They're always super nice and polite, but also still scary at the same time."

Twilight shook her head. "Unless something goes catastrophically wrong? No. Equestria would need to be literally disintegrating around them for someone to come get me." She giggled. "It's Pearl I'm most concerned about. I've had to make her Pinkie Promise not to follow me. And then I had to ask Kohaku to hold her down on top of that."

Pinkie squeed. Having met their counterparts, and very much liking them both, she could totally see that and more.

Twi sighed, fingering her necklace. "So what am I supposed to do with this then? I wouldn't have it without a reason I feel. New to magic as I am, even I can understand that."

Twilight could only shrug helplessly. "I am not sure. Magic in this world is still a new and strange concept to me. For now? I would advise you not to use it every chance you got." She smiled around at their friends, who smiled as well. "You have friends now. They'll be more than happy to help you. And you have friends in high places it sounds like as well. Don't abuse that. If there is one thing that I have learned from being a princess, is that while we may have powers, we shouldn't abuse them every chance we get."

Sunset nodded, placing a hand on Twi's shoulder. "And take it from me. Having this kind of power will go to your head. I saw it for a split second during our battle in your eyes. You wanted it all and more, but you were stronger than most and punched that feeling in the face. Remember that feeling."

Twi smiled as she looked around, finally allowing herself to relax for the first time since before the Friendship Games it felt like. She would remember that. That was a Pinkie Promise.

Comments ( 1 )

At least everything turned out all right at the end. Nice work on the story!

Login or register to comment