• Published 21st Sep 2022
  • 818 Views, 15 Comments

Friendship Reborn - Mystic Sunrise



Sci Twi discovers the true magic of friendship. But how can she stand against someone drunk on stolen magic?

  • ...
18
 15
 818

Battle for Dimensions

After a moment, Solar cut off the beam, leaving Twilight enveloped in a fog of magic with a sneer. "What a pathetic joke. All that talk about friendship is magic, and she can't even take a hit! I'm almost insulted."

Her cackle only lasted a second longer as the smoke parted to show... "WHAT?! How are you still alive? That should've vaporized you!" Solar roared, as everyone else looked on in shock at what was revealed.

Twilight blinked as she looked herself over. How did she survive that? She hadn't felt a thing. There wasn't even a scratch or blemish on her. In fact, she felt terrific. Even better than before in fact. Her magic had skyrocketed to levels she could never have imagined.

Part of her wanted more, to rip all of the magic from Solar and take it all for herself. It would have been so easy to do as well. Who was going to stop her? Twilight quickly punched that stupid part of herself as hard as she could. No. She was better than that, as she shook her head. "I have no idea."

Even the Rainbooms were stumped. While they were glad that Twilight was alright, this didn't make any sense, even to Pinkie Pie.

Twilight looked around, her worry growing as she saw that the portals were getting bigger and bigger. Now the ponies in Equestria were beginning to panic, and were those copies of her friends she saw? Or was she finally beginning to lose her mind?

Shaking her head, Twilight closed her eyes. She had bigger things to worry about, but what could she do? Magic was a foreign concept to her. As if sensing her thoughts, the star around her neck glowed softly and rhythmically. Looking down, Twilight could almost feel it telling her what she needed, and how to do it.

Closing her eyes, she focused all of her magic into her hands and aimed them at the nearest portals. As she did, a beam of magic shot forth, and as they struck each portal, they closed them, leaving no sign they had ever been there. Smiling as she opened her eyes, Twilight moved her hands across each one.

Students and staff were quick to get out of the way if the beams came their way, not keen on seeing what they might do to them. Especially for those who had mistreated Twilight before now, not knowing if she might take that out on them, now that she had the power to do so.

Solar looked on with mounting furry. "You little bitch! Now, look what you've done!"

Twilight winced as the final portal closed. "Look at what you're doing, Sunset. This isn't you."

Solar growled. "Don't you dare lecture me on who and who I'm not, Sparkle! You don't know me at all. Stop acting like you do. I will have what's rightfully mine. If I have to eviscerate everyone here to do it? All the better."

Twilight's heart fell. Sunset meant every word as well. She could feel it. Before she could say more, however, Solar charged another blast of magic, before aiming directly for her head. Throwing up her hands once more, to her horror, Twilight felt herself being pushed back and back, the magic overwhelming her.

Solar sneered. "See? Unlike you, I can have everything I ever wanted. And I don't care what I have to do to get it!" pushing all of her magic into the blast.

Twilight closed her eyes in pain, her arms bending under the pressure of the magic blast she was trying to hold back. Tears began to fall as she wilted under the blast, her concentration breaking under the strain. Was this how it ended? "Girls. I'm so sorry," she sniffed, throwing everything she had into her defense. But it still wasn't enough.

"Twilight!'

A new voice broke into her thoughts, making her eyes open in shock as she looked down to see. "Spike?"

Her best friend was looking at her with worry. "Come on, Twilight. You can't lose to this over-hyped chick. You're way better than she'll ever be," he smirked.

Solar snarled. "Shut it, you stupid mutt! You're next now."

Twilight frowned. Oh, that was it. Talk about her all you wanted. But no one talked about Spike like that and got away with it! To her surprise, though, she felt the attack on her weaken and falter, as if Sunset was having second thoughts. It was all she needed. Focusing all of her magic into one attack, Twilight began to push back with all of her might.

Solar's eyes widened in horror. No. Not again, as she pored even more of magic into keeping Twilight's attack at bay, but it was no use as she wilted under the assault, before finally breaking as she and Twilight were engulfed in a shaft of light. "Noooo!"

The others watched on, worried about their friends and what this might mean. Only Cosmos seemed unfazed, a knowing smile on her lips.

When they could see again, Twilight and Solar were alone, surrounded by light. Twilight was worried now as she looked at the demon. "This isn't the way, Sunset! I know you feel powerful right now like you can have everything you want! I've been where you are, I've made the same mistake you're making!"

Solar winced, her former confidence seemingly having evaporated. "Why do you care so much, Twilight? Equestria has done nothing but bad things for this world. It's not your home."

Twilight nodded. "I know, but it doesn't matter. It's your home. Home to who knows how many ponies and other creatures. Do you want them to suffer for something only one of them did? What would Princess Celestia say?" Her smile softened. "What would Princess Twilight say if they could be here?"

Solar recoiled as if punched in the gut. "How can you say all this? You're not her," she sniffed.

Twilight nodded. "No, I'm not. And I won't pretend I am. And she wouldn't want me to be somepony I'm not. She would want me to be myself." She shook her head. "I know one thing, though. Even with all that magic and power, you'll still be alone! True magic comes from honesty! Loyalty! Laughter! Generosity! Kindness! Do you really want that?"

Solar watched as Twilight extended a hand, a pleading look on her face. This could not be happening, could it?

Twilight's smile widened hopefully. "Take my hand, Sunset. Let me show you there's another way."

For a moment, Solar hesitated, remembering another scene just like this, what felt like a lifetime ago now. And again, she felt herself drawn to that hand. No matter what world they came from, Twilight Sparkle had that affect on her, as she finally let her tears fall, and took Twilight's hand, letting go of her hate and anger.

Twilight giggled, as her magic flared, closing her eyes as it became too bright to look at as they returned to the ground. When they opened them again, they had returned to their normal forms. Only the star of magic around Twilight's neck was new.

Sunset shook her head sadly, clasping Twilight's hands tightly. "I am so sorry, Twilight. I never wanted any of this to happen." She sighed. "You'd think I would've learned my lesson after the last time this happened."

Twilight chuckled. "I know. But this time, it wasn't all your fault. I think your friends will forgive you."

Sunset smiled a little as Spike hopped into Twilight's arms, licking her face happily, earning a giggle from the teen.

Cinch finally found her voice as she and the other staff walked over. "Principal Celestia, on behalf of Crystal Prep, I demand that you forfeit the Friendship Games! Clearly, CHS has had unfair advantage for quite some time! And it's certainly obvious that your students have been using magic for their own benefit!"

Celestia shook her head. "I'd like to think that saving the world benefits us all."

"At least they didn't manipulate Twilight into releasing all the stolen magic and turning Sunset into a power-crazed magical creature that tried to rip the world apart just to win a game," Sugarcoat added.

"Wow! That's a lot to take in when you say it all at once," Pinkie giggled.

"That's ridiculous!" Cinch seethed.

Cosmos smirked. "Oh, I don't know, Abacus. That is what it looked like to me."

Cinch bit back an angry retort. If there was one thing she knew, you never angered Cosmos and came out in one piece. Even Akihiko Everfree, known as someone who was dangerous when he was mad, never angered her.

"Actually, we're all to blame," Sour Sweet added. "Mostly it was her," she quickly added sourly.

Cinch recovered quickly. "Obviously my students have been infected with your magic, but I plan on taking all of this up with the school board no matter what, Cosmos!"

Celestia only smirked. "Good. I'm sure they would be very interested in hearing all about the magical students with wings."

"Oh, and the portals to different dimensions," Luna added.

"And don't forget to tell them about the talking dog," Cadance giggled.

"Because that would never ruin your reputation," Spike added smugly, wagging his tail as Cosmos scratched his chin.

Cosmos' smile grew as she looked back at the principal. "Your choice, Abacus. Leave now with your dignity intact, or look like a lunatic at the next board meeting. I'm sure that will go over so well."

Cinch looked back and forth, seeing no one was on her side on this. Not even Crystal Prep. Seething, she turned on her heels and stormed off in a huff.

Cosmos smiled as she looked at the assembled schools. "Well, I know these Friendship Games haven't been what any of us expected, but given what we've all just been through, I think it's fair to declare us all winners."

Everyone was more than happy to get behind that as they all cheered.