• Published 8th Jul 2022
  • 1,073 Views, 12 Comments

Mistakes - ManeBrony



Pinkie Pie has an interesting conversation with Twilight, and she comes to a rather upsetting conclusion about one of their other friends

  • ...
1
 12
 1,073

Enough is enough

Twilight burst into sugar cube corner, ready to confront Pinkie Pie, who it seemed was currently doing a lot of baking. "Pinkie Pie! Stop what you're doing!"

Pinkie spoke without looking at Twilight, "Can't stop now Twilight! I gotta make these apology deserts for Fluttershy!"

Twilight shook her head, "No! I've had enough of this! You're going to go to Fluttershy's cottage, knock on the door, and apologize face to face," she said very firmly.

Pinkie whimpered quietly, "I can't do that Twilight. It's like you said, she wouldn't wanna see me after all the stuff I did," she said as she slowed down with the baking.

Twilight sighed, "Pinkie that's not what I meant, I'm sure she would have no problem seeing you if you just apologized already,"

Pinkie looked at Twilight, "I'm trying to!"

Twilight rolled her eyes, "In all the wrong ways. Now c'mon, we're doing this now,"

Pinkie shook her head, "No! I can't!"

Twilight grabbed Pinkie with her magic and started levitating her out of the building and towards Fluttershy's house, "You will!"

Pinkie tried to hold onto something, but her efforts were futile, "I won't!"

Twilight continued walking, getting a few stares from ponies who were watching the two, "You have to!"

Pinkie squealed as she was carried away by Twilight's magic.

...

Twilight sighed, "Quit fighting! We're here,"

Pinkie shook her head side to side, "I can't do this Twilight!"

Twilight set Pinkie down in front of her, " Why not? What's the big deal?"

Pinkie stared down at the floor sadly and sighed,"Well... It's just that, I'm supposed to be the element of laughter, and my cutie mark is all about making people happy, but that's not what I did at all for Fluttershy. I made her cry, that's the opposite of laughter,"

Twilight tilted her head, having a hard time understanding, "I get that you feel bad but everpony makes mistakes Pinkie,"

Pinkie poked at the ground, "Well yeah I guess so ... But it's not just that. I didn't even notice what I did. You had to point it out to me,"

Twilight sighed, "Pinkie... Y'know sometimes we need help seeing when we've done something wrong. It happens to everypony. Not apologizing to Fluttershy would also be pretty bad don't you think?"

Pinkie paused, and nodded.

Twilight smiled, "Plus, if you never apologize to Fluttershy, you'll never be able to spend time with her anymore. Is that what you want?"

Pinkie paused once again, and shook her head.

Twilight nodded, "That's right. So go on and do it already so you can stop feeling so bad about all of this,"

Pinkie sighed, "You're right... Ok, I'm going," Pinkie stood up and walked up to Fluttershy's door, preparing her apology.

Twilight smiled and walked away a little, so that she could watch from a distance.

As Pinkie walked over to Fluttershy's house, she again began remembering all the things she has said, and how Fluttershy had responded to them. Remembering how she had gotten in Fluttershy's face. How Fluttershy had cried. Fluttershy's panicked breathing. The more Pinkie thought about it the worse she felt. The guilt was building up inside her, making her feel nervous and slightly sick. She eventually got to the door and knocked, and when Fluttershy opened it, well the dam broke.

Pinkie dropped down on the floor in front of Fluttershy and basically began shouting, "I'M SORRY! I'M SO SORRY FLUTTERSHY!"

Fluttershy was extremely taken aback. She stared down at the highly distressed, and seemingly on the verge of crying, pony in front of her in completely confusion. Fluttershy looked around for some kind of clue as to what was happening. All she saw was Twilight in the distance, who looking just as shocked, simply shrugged.

Fluttershy looked back down at Pinkie,"Um... Pinkie Pie? Is... Something wrong?"

Pinkie stood up, "Yes! Something is wrong! I was so mean to you the other day!"

Fluttershy looked off to the side,"Well Pinkie-"

"I said so many awful things! And I made you cry! And I probably made your stage fright so much worse!"

"Pinkie I don't really-"

"And I didn't even realize until Twilight pointed it out to me and-

"Pinkie!" Fluttershy shouted to stop the other mare from continuing her rant. (Well as close to Fluttershy gets to shouting) "Please slow down. I can barely understand you,"

Pinkie sniffled and nodded in response.

Fluttershy stepped outside with Pinkie, closing her door behind her, "Now... You said this is about the other day? With the pony tones?"

Pinkie nodded, "Yeah! I came to apologize for being so mean to you!"

Fluttershy frowned a little, "You weren't mean,"

Pinkie paused in completely shock, "Wasn't mean?! I made you cry!"

Fluttershy didn't respond, she just stared at Pinkie. Then she looked over at Twilight who was merely watching with a shocked look stuck on her face. Fluttershy looked back at Pinkie after a moment of thinking, "Here let's go Inside,"

Pinkie stood up and followed Fluttershy into her house, though slightly hesitant, "Well... Ok,"
Fluttershy closed the door behind them both and brought Pinkie over to her couch, "Sit down,"

Pinkie did sit and looked at Fluttershy, "Why did you want to come inside?"

Fluttershy sat next to her, "Pinkie... It's really nice of you to apologize for this but... Why do you feel so bad about it? I mean I understand feeling bad but you were crying a lot,"

Pinkie nodded her head quickly in response, "Of course I feel really bad! I made you really sad, and scared, and upset! And I'm supposed to be the element of laughter!"

Fluttershy paused for a moment, thinking about what the say, before eventually responding, "Pinkie... Do you remember what happened with Iron Will?"

Pinkie nodded, "Uhh yeah I guess so. He gave you really bad advice,"

Fluttershy nodded as well, "And I followed it. I said really mean things to you and Rarity, and I made you cry. And I'm supposed to be the element of kindness,"

Pinkie looked down at her hooves, "Well... I guess so. But that's diffe-"

Fluttershy placed her hoof over Pinkie's mouth to stop her, "No, it's not different at all. I made a mistake just like you did, and you and Rarity forgave me didn't you?"

Pinkie nodded.

Fluttershy smiled and removed her hoof from Pinkie's mouth, "That's right. And I forgive you two. Even without all the dramatic apologizing," she said with a small giggle.

Pinkie blushed slightly in embarrassment, "Haha, sorry about that... Hey wait a minute! Which one of us tied themselves to a chair and boarded up her windows?!"

Fluttershy then blushed the same way, "Well... At least I didn't leave a bunch of unmarked gifts on your doorstep,"

Pinkie looked off to the side, which resulted in her noticing that the gifts she left were put neatly in a corner of the room "Oh... How'd you know they were from me?"

Fluttershy rolled her eyes and smiled, "Who else silly?"

Pinkie giggled, "Speaking of gifts... I have some 'apology desserts' I was working on before coming over here that we could share?"

Fluttershy smiled and nodded, "I'd love to,"

Pinkie smiled and hugged Fluttershy, who happily returned it. After all the drama over the past day or so, Pinkie was thrilled to just share a hug with her friend. They both were.

...

Twilight had been sitting there just staring at the house for probably twenty minutes at this point, before standing up,"I should... Go home,"


The End

Author's Note:

Woo man. I'm not sure if anyone was waiting for this but if you were sorry for the wait. Also lemme know if you have any suggestions about how I can improve, because I especially think the ending was a little abrupt. Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 4 )

LMAOOO The ending has me cackling. At least Twilight got to watch the two make up. TT^TT

11401035
HAHA! Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

There's a couple of errors here and there, nothing too glaring though. I like the approach and I agree that this singular episode did the most damage to Pinkie's character out of probably all of them. I've seen many ways of addressing that issue over the years and this one is refreshingly grounded. It's also funny to me that Twilight is the one literally dragging Pinks along after being fed up with her antics. :rainbowlaugh:

Thank you for writing!

Twilight rolled her eyes, "In all the wrong ways. Now c'mon, we're doing this now,"

Pinkie shook her head, "No! I can't!"

Twilight grabbed Pinkie with her magic and started levitating her out of the building and towards Fluttershy's house, "You will!"

Pinkie tried to hold onto something, but her efforts were futile, "I won't!"

Twilight continued walking, getting a few stares from ponies who were watching the two, "You have to!"

Pinkie squealed as she was carried away by Twilight's magic.

Twilight, when your friend is having that much of a negative reaction, maybe that's a sign that you should actually stop and try to understand what she's feeling instead of forcing her!

Login or register to comment