• Published 16th Oct 2021
  • 332 Views, 8 Comments

The Death of Lab 14 - SapphireRose87



I can't wait to finish destroying Lab 14. I also can't wait until Cora dies and the sooner she dies the better.

  • ...
26
 8
 332

25) Who's Next?

{Henry}

Still reeling from the fact that I was created by a thunderstorm Derek and I decided to stay at the Resistance HQ for a while so I could take some time to process things. After I found out the information about where I came from I stayed in my room most of the time Derek and I spent at the Resistance HQ.

Today I was in my room laying in bed staring off into space. So I don’t have any biological parents? Does this mean I was already a freak of nature before Lab 14 tested on me? I don’t get it, was I never supposed to be in this world to begin with?

As the questions kept circling around my head I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. “Oh, hey Derek.”

“How are you doing today?” Derek asked.

I sighed, “Okay I guess. I mean how am I supposed to feel? Excited that I don’t have any biological parents and that I’m a freak of nature who probably wasn’t supposed to be in this world to begin with?”

Derek pulled me into his arms. “Oh Henry, who's to say who should be born and shouldn’t be born huh? The fact of the matter is that you were born and when you think about it in a way, God Levi and God Divine are your biological parents you know because they created the thunderstorms. To me it doesn’t matter where you came from I still love you and I always will. I wouldn’t have asked you to marry me if I didn’t think I would love you.”

I smiled and put my head on his chest. “I guess I should’ve told you how I was feeling in the first place. That does make me feel better knowing that you love me.”

“Henry, it’s okay,” said Derek, “I figured you needed some time to yourself so I let you be. I would probably ask the same questions if someone told me I was born that way. It’s no different than telling someone they were born because they were pulled out of a magician hat. In the long run Applejack and Rainbow Dash are your parents. You are a part of that family and you always will be.”

I heard someone sniffle and I looked in the doorway to see Ada standing there crying. “I’m sorry God Henry, I came to see how you were doing. God Derek what you said to God Henry was the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard anyone say!”

Derek blushed and looked away.

“So Ada or do you prefer Amelia now because that’s your real name and all?” I asked.

“I still prefer Ada,” said Ada. “I’m thinking I’ll stay here and work for the Resistance and help rescue the children from Celestial Labs and Star Labs. I know exactly how many locations are at each lab, mostly Star Labs. That is if it hasn’t changed.”

“Okay,” I said, “so how many locations are there?”

“For Star Labs they have forty locations.” Ada said.

“Oh that’s right,” said Derek, “Leader Felix gave me two maps as to how many locations each lab has. Ada's right Star Labs has forty locations. Leader Felix sent an undercover agent to each of the labs so the Resistance can hack into their systems and figure out how many locations there are. The funny thing is, when most of the children were housed in Lab 14 Celestial Labs in the biggest one with the most locations!"

"Oh?" I said. "How many are there?"

"There's fifty locations!" Derek said.

"So which lab are we going after next?" I asked.

"Well, you picked the last one that we went after and the most evil one," said Derek. "I say we go after the biggest one next!"

I nodded. "Okay then, sorry Ada but it looks like Star Labs is sticking for a little while longer."

"It's okay God Henry, this is your job to do," said Ada, "I don't have a right to say how it gets done. Either way, I still want to work for the Resistance and help out in any way I can."

Derek? I thought.

What? Derek thought.

I was wondering, instead of Ada working as an agent of the Resistance, I thought, maybe she could be our personal Agent?

What do you mean by that? Wait, do you mean like working directly with us on shutting down those labs like Ashley is our The Higher that delivers messages and stuff? Derek thought.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm wondering if we can handpick people to work specifically with us and then they can help get the job done faster. As far as rescuing children from the labs and all that jazz. I mean the Resistance can still help us out too and it's not that I don't like Leader Felix or anything. I thought.

Oh it's okay Henry, I'm sure Leader Felix won't take things too personally. But I think we're going to have to run this by The Grand God Council just to be sure we can even do it. Derek thought.

"Uh, guys? God Derek and God Henry if you can hear this that means you're awake." Ada said.

That snapped us out of our communicating by thought conversation.

"Huh?" I said.

"It was an inside joke that the other experiments had that were working for Lab 14." Ada said. "It was used to snap someone out of their daydreams."

"Oh, sure," I said, "well Ada you might not have to work for the Resistance to help rescue the children."

Ada raised an eyebrow. "Okay?"

"We'll have to run it by The Grand God Council to see if our idea is okay to do." I explained. "Until we get back, can you do us a favor and stay here?"

Ada nodded. "Sure I can do that. Oh crap, when you guys are gone that means-"

"Oh don't worry about Pervert Felix!" I heard Liza chuckle.

I laughed when I heard that, "Uh, Pervert Felix?"

Liza nodded. "Oh yeah, he likes to rob cradles and it's a good thing Ada doesn't wear a skirt. But even still I've seen him staring at her butt every time she walks by."

Derek gagged. "Yeah I forgot about how much of a pervert he is once I gained Agent status working here."

Liza snorted, "Yup, that's where the nickname Pervert Felix comes from. Although I hear you're not into men, Ada?"

Ada nodded. "That's right, not into men at all."

"Well I bet if you get a girlfriend, Pervert Felix will stop chasing after you, hopefully." Liza said.

"How am I going to do that?" Ada said. "I'm new here, I don't know anyone."

"Ever since you arrived here, I know of a couple of female agents that work here that wouldn't mind hooking up with you." Liza said.

"Seriously?" Ada said.

Liza nodded. "Yup. I can introduce them to you and you can get to know them. Even if you don't hook up with them I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind protecting you from Pervert Felix."

I couldn't help but laugh at this thought. I composed myself. "Okay then, anyway you stay here Ada and we'll be back shortly."

* * *

Once Derek and I arrived at the universe where The Grand God Council was, The Lord God Supreme greeted us. "May I ask how are you doing with the information I provided to you, God Henry?"

"I'm about as fine as I can be." I said. "It's okay even though I don't have biological parents."

"Wow, if I were you and I found out that information," said The Lord God Supreme, "I would be dealing with the shock for longer than what you did."

"Are you sure this isn't a joke?" I asked with hope.

"I'm sure it's not a joke unfortunately," said The Lord God Supreme. "The rest of The Grand God Council and I aren't sure if we're going to tell Princess Sarah this same information. She might not handle it as well as you did. So exactly how did you wind up dealing with this so well?"

I smiled and pulled Derek into my arms and gave him a long passionate kiss. We broke the kiss when The Lord God Supreme cleared his throat. "Oh I see, it's a good thing you have God Derek to lean on. Let me guess he's the more reasonable one isn't he?"

"I guess you could say that." I said.

Derek's jaw dropped. I looked at him. "What? You know it's the truth right?"

"I never thought that was the case actually," said Derek, "I mean sure we see eye to eye on things but ah…"

The Lord God Supreme snorted. "Aww that's cute. You know once upon a time I thought about being married to someone, but then I decided I'm not the marrying type. In over 13million years of living, I haven't changed my mind on that yet."

"Really? I thought for sure a guy like you would-" I said.

The Lord God Supreme cut me off, "Well, enough about that, so what did you want to see me about?"

"Well Henry and I came up with an idea to help us finish destroying the labs. We already destroyed Lab 14 and Cora's finally dead." Derek said.

"I heard about that," The Lord God Supreme said with a smile. "I would think that you two would want to take a break to celebrate. Another bonus to that is Cora's soul has been wiped from existence. She has no afterlife."

I paused. "Wait, what? No afterlife! How is that even possible?"

"It's complicated, let's just say Cora was sent to The Underneath where Venom came from." The Lord God Supreme said. "The afterlife is about as hard to explain as what The Downward is."

"Oh." I said. "I'm not sure if we'll celebrate just yet."

I looked to see that Derek had a look on his face and I knew what that look meant. He was already planning something and knowing him, the wheels were set in motion and there was no way I could stop whatever he had planned.

I did a facepalm and groaned. The Lord God Supreme smiled. "What?"

"I know that look Derek," I said, "you're already up to something aren't you?"

Derek shifted his gaze which confirmed my suspicions. I saw the look on The Lord God Supremes' face and it told me he was in whatever Derek was planning.

"Anyway, Derek and I thought of an idea," I said. "We were thinking of handpicking a few people that know the labs inside and out. One of them we thought of was an experiment like I was, Ada."

"She wouldn't by chance be Experiment Ada, would she?" The Lord God Supreme said.

I groaned. "I really hate the word 'experiment' being attached to someone's name and I'm pretty sure Ada feels the same way. But what we were thinking, is if we could handpick some people to work with us that are willing of course, it would be much faster to destroy the labs. It's not that we don't like the Resistance or anything, they've been very helpful and of course they can still help us out."

"Oh I see what you're saying, you want some other helpers don't you?" The Lord God Supreme asked.

"Well, that's the idea." I said.

The Lord God Supreme laughed, "Why of course that's a perfect idea! You didn't have to run that by us though. The only time something like that would need to be brought to our attention is if you wanted a demigod assistant or something like that. Destroying the labs and ruling over the In Between is your job. How you get your job done is up to you. I think finding those that know the labs inside out will be of a big help to you two."

"Okay then." I said.

"Well, we'd better go back and let Ada know about our idea." Derek said. "We also need to rescue her from Pervert Felix."

The Lord God Supreme doubled over in laughter at our nickname for Leader Felix. "I heard about that nickname. It started happening shortly after the Resistance was set up. It seems he hasn't changed a bit."

"Nice, lovely." I said.

Now that Derek and I had a plan in place, we headed to the Resistance HQ. I'm not sure if I was looking forward to whatever Derek and The Lord God Supreme were planning.

* * *

Once we got back to the Resistance HQ, just like I thought, I was in for a surprise. As soon as Derek and I landed on the launch pad there was a crowd of people waiting for us.

Seriously Derek? I thought.

Actually, I didn't plan anything this time, Derek thought, I just mentioned something to mom and The Lord God Supreme about this. I figured you could use a pick me up with what just happened lately.

No kidding. I thought.

I jumped a foot in the air when I heard trumpets blaring and then when I realized what that meant, I rolled my eyes at it.

"Announcing the arrival of your highnesses the rulers of the In Between, God Henry and God Derek!" I heard someone say. Once that was done the whole entire crowd cheered.

Then just like when Princess Twilight threw that homecoming party for us, Aunt Pinkie Pie made her way up to us. "Once again, I have outdone myself! This is the second biggest party I've ever planned for you guys! I'm so proud of myself!"

"Of course you are." I said with sarcasm.

"Oh come on Henry," said Spike after he hugged me. "It's not that bad. You act as if you don't like parties or something."

"More like or something, I'm just ready to finish destroying those labs." I said.

"A workaholic huh?" Spike laughed.

I heard Earnest snort. "Oh yeah he is, I noticed from the very moment he started working at the Inn with me. That's another good reason he's found Derek as his mate. Because Derek makes sure Henry takes a break."

Derek chuckled, "Yeah and apparently I'm the more reasonable one in this relationship."

Earnest laughed, "I'm not surprised. You're that way even with us."

Earnest doubled over in laughter when Derek blushed and looked away.

"Alright everyone!" Aunt Pinkie Pie cheered. "Let's party!"

Even though I was having fun at the party, I felt anxious about completing the job of destroying the other two labs left, Star Labs and Celestial Labs. But since Derek wanted to go after Celestial Labs next, Star Labs would be sticking around a little bit longer.

* * *

{Princess Celestia name now changed to Celestia because Princess Twilight stripped her of her title.}

"You've got to be kidding, this can't be! I'm dreaming! I have to be dreaming!" I panicked as I paced back and forth while I watched the video footage that one of my agents brought me of Experiment Henry torturing Head Cora, the head of Lab 14. She was calling Experiment Henry, God Henry all the way down to when he took her voice away.

Head Cora was killed by being raped by her assistant James and his voice was taken away by Experiment Derek. The whole video was very graphic to watch and it made me throw up in my mouth a couple of times too. But I made myself watch it anyway.

After watching the video footage for I don't know how many times, I sat down and stared out the window in my room and looked up at the red moon in the sky. For once in my life, I would actually be happy to see Discord pop up unannounced. But from what I was told, Discord's on punishment for failing to do his job as a demigod assistant to God Levi and God Divine.

To add to my problems, I have been stripped of my title by Princess Twilight the ruler of Equestria. The two twin boys Experiment Milton and Experiment Marin turned out to be her twin boys that were stolen from their cribs. Lovely, if we hadn't taken the ruler of Equestria's twin boys from her, then maybe I would've been able to seek refuge there. I doubt Twilight will take in Luna either. To add insult to injury, my cutie mark changed to this horrible looking one. I've never heard of this happening before!

Ever since my cutie mark changed I had one of my servants import a long black hooded cloak that was long enough to cover my flank to hide the new disgusting cutie mark I have now.

As I stared up at the red moon, I hoped beyond all hope that Luna was able to do something about it by now. Then one of my servants came busting into the room in a frenzy. He bowed and I shook my head. "No more bowing to me, I have been stripped of my title as a princess of Equestria. I am no longer worthy of being called 'your highness'."

"Okay," my servant said, "then what should I call you?"

Ever since I had been stripped of my title, I had been thinking of how else I should be addressed now. "Call me, Head Celestia now."

My servant nodded. "Okay. We've received word that every single location of Lab 14 has been destroyed!"

I gasped, "What? By who?"

"From what has been found out," said my servant, "it's the work of Experiment Henry and Experiment Derek, they even killed the tracker experiments that were sent after them!"

I snarled at this information, how on earth could two experiments be the demise of Lab 14? I mean for crying out it's Lab 14!

This is not good, not good at all! I thought.

"Um, Head Celestia?" My servant asked.

"Yes?" I said.

"Should I start making arrangements for your departure to Star Labs?" My servant asked.

When I came back from Equestria, I had been planning to visit Luna and tell her what happened to me. I figured at that point in time, I needed her to lean on. But now with what's happening after Head Cora being killed I figured I should stay put. I shook my head. "No I'm not going, I'm staying here to prepare for something else."

My servant paused. "Uh something else, Head Celestia?"

"Sooner or later Experiment Henry and Experiment Derek will arrive here at the last location of Celestial Labs." I said. "I need to be prepared for their arrival. Celestial Labs won't go down without a fight!"

My servant nodded and I dismissed him. I opened the window and yelled, "Do you hear me Experiment Henry and Experiment Derek! Celestial Labs will not go down without a fight! We will find the cure for death and you will NOT stop us!"

I smiled after I did that. There's no way I'm going down without a fight. There's no way I'm calling an 'Experiment' a god either.

Author's Note:

I am currently working on the rough draft to the sequel for this story called: A Black Sun Rises it's not finished yet and it might take a couple of months or so for me to finish it. I'm not sure if I'll publish it on this website or on Royal Road. I'll make a blog about it when the rough draft is finished.

Comments ( 1 )

11182104
I'm here, too, because of the bad rating. I'm always curious if it's justified somehow.
Seeing comment #2 and #3 down voted for no obvious reason just makes me want to have closer look on what's going on here.

Login or register to comment