• Published 14th Oct 2021
  • 474 Views, 3 Comments

Scootaloo Discovers Flight - Mockingbirb



Trying to win a time war, Starlight Glimmer created a thousand alternate histories. In one of those worlds that could have been, Scootaloo learned to fly.

  • ...
6
 3
 474

Twilight Explains Why Scootaloo Must Be an Orphan Forever?

"So you see?" Twilight said. "Maybe you sometimes feel unimportant or unloved, like you don't really make a difference. But you're one of the most important ponies in the world. The surrender of Nightmare Moon, the defeat of Tirek...even the sun rising in the morning...these things ALL depend on our world following the proper sequence of events. Changing even the smallest detail could have indirect effects that would doom everycreature."

Twilight scooted around to sit beside Scootaloo, and wrapped a wing around the pegasus filly. "And that's why, for the safety of our world and to keep everypony from dying horribly, no matter how unfair it might seem, you have to remain an orphan."

On Scootaloo's other side, a light blue, prismatic-maned pegasus nudged the little filly. Rainbow Dash said, "But there's something else I want you to do, to help keep Equestria safe, and help things turn out right."

Scootaloo asked, "What is it? Is it something even worse than being an orphan?"

Rainbow Dash said, "In this timeline, my mom and dad haven't had any children except for me. It's kind of lonely. I wish so much that I had a sister, like Rarity and Applejack do. So Scootaloo...will YOU be my sister, and move out of your cardboard box to come live with me? It might not be a hundred percent official, but it would mean the world to me."

"Yes!" Scootaloo said. "I'll be your sister. This is SO COOL!"

"Awesome!" Rainbow pulled a messy pile of papers out of a saddlebag. "Here's the household chore list. Don't forget to clean the house this weekend. You've let it become a HUGE mess."

Rainbow grinned cockily. "See ya later. I gotta do some stuff." She unfolded her wings and flew away.

Scootaloo started ruffling through the papers. "Wipe down the whole cloud with cloud polish once a week, until it shines? Check Tank for fleas? Wash all the pizza boxes out with soap so they can be reused to hold asparagus flavor ice cream?"

Scootaloo sighed. "I'm not sure I really WANT to be Rainbow's sister."

A scratchy voice called down from above. "Hay, pones!"

Twilight looked up, seeing a hovering pegasus mare. "What is it, you entitled, overgrown, cloud-sucking brat?"

Rainbow smiled. "First thing you gotta learn, Scootaloo: sometimes I like to play pranks." Dashie laughed. "Your only chore your first weekend living with me is gonna be eating ice cream." The pegasus laughed again. "We can split up the household chores some other time."

Scootaloo said, "I guess I can TRY it."

Dashie nodded. "Sounds good to me." She descended, landing in front of the two other ponies. "And Scootaloo?"

"What?"

Dashie pulled the filly into a hug. "Thanks for being my sister, Scoots."

Scoots pressed herself against Dashie. "I'm going to eat ALL the ice cream, and not let you have any. And I love you too."

Comments ( 1 )

Goofy bit of fun, even if it involves pretending that Scoots's parents are dead. Still enjoyable, especially the cloud construction.

Login or register to comment