• Published 18th Aug 2021
  • 362 Views, 5 Comments

Questionable Poetry of Errors - SparklingTwilight



Maud grades questionable poetry. Trixie acquires questionable artifacts. And, Starlight does something Trixie questions (but not too deeply).

  • ...
2
 5
 362

And Nothing Is Learned (Such is the Poetry of Life, A Comedy of Errors)

And Trixie, supine in the hospital bed, asked Starlight: "Why'd you kiss The Great and Powerful Trixie to stop the curse?"

"Heh, heh," Starlight dissembled.

"Wouldn't a hoof have served the same purpose?"

"Wouldn't have wanted you getting hoof and mouth disease, would we...?" Starlight joked.

"Of course, of course," Trixie nodded. "But you kissed Trixie during both the crown incident and the diadem disaster."

"They were similar situations."

"The Great and Powerful Trixie will grant that certain crowns may be considered diadems...."

"I might have been joking about the hoof and mouth disease--" Starlight continued.

Trixie's eyes grew wide. "You wanted The Great and Powerful Trixie to catch hoof and mouth disease?"


"No, no, no," Starlight shook her head.

"You didn't think it was a risk? But it must be! Now, The Great and Powerful Trixie considers it with dread!"

"No, no, no." Starlight shook her head some more.

"Then why not a hoof? Your explanation is poor."

"About that... I am, was in--" Starlight blushed, struggling for appropriate words to relate her true feelings of--; Trixie, not noticing, gave her a slightly-annoyed-friendly-not-friendly shove.

"--shove?" Starlight frowned. "That's not it. But," she recovered, coyly smiling. "It rhymes... I know you like creative couplets. Yes! This works! At the time... and now- ow. I was in lo--" she winced, looking to her shoulder, which pulsed with pain. Her coat had been scraped when she'd been shoved, against a sharp bed angle. It was streaked with blood.

Starlight shook off the pain and opened her mouth to resume; however, seeing Starlight's confusion, but not the bleeding, The Great and Powerful Trixie took a shocked intake of breath, realizing Starlight had wanted to say something rhyming with shove and that Trixie must help her friend complete the creative couplet, which was a sneaky, yet clever way for Starlight to avoid personally admitting to an embarrassing fact. Could it be that Starlight had been in-- "You were in mud!" Trixie concluded. "Your well-manicured hooves had been covered in mud!"

Starlight, speechless, placed a hoof on her face, a hoof covered with its medical glove.

Author's Note:

- Of course a kiss was needed. Trixie is secretly a princess after all...
- To be fair, this chapter includes a rhyme rather than a poem. :derpytongue2:

Oblivious Trixie

ELove Is for Squares
Trixie's had a bad string of luck with love lately. Starlight hopes this means she'll finally get a chance to be with her. She's wrong. So, so wrong. Because the one Trixie becomes enamored with? It's herself.
Dewdrops on the Grass · 6.2k words  ·  62  6 · 1.4k views

- Another good Trixie tale (this time by me)--"Is It Really About the Magic?"--is not linked here since it's sci-fi, more of a drama, is set in the Friendship is Optimal subverse and its Trixie is 'unique' (its link is on my "stories" page). But! It may still be of interest to you. :trixieshiftright:

- "Trixie Is Terrible" Scale: Destructively Oblivious: Not So Terrible (4 :trixieshiftright: Out of 10).

Comments ( 4 )

hello! you should have already been PMed about this, but this comment is just to record that this fic has won The Bicyclette Prize for the Most Literature in the StarTrixMaud Shipping Contest!

"You were in mud!" Trixie concluded. "Your well-manicured hooves had been covered in mud!"

a really cute bit of oblivious StarTrix, enhanced by the bolded rhymes. if only i was a smart brain about poetry, i'd be able to say more than it being really neat to me, and a very fun little ficlet overall.


as someone who was once an educator of sorts (though in STEM, so i never got to read anything this "fun"), this really hits home! absolutely loved your Maud, and your Trixie and Starlight really punched above their weights, having only appeared in the short bit at the end. i loved how experimental the format is, while still delivering on its premise with solid characters and fun prose. the whole thing left me with a feeling of amused whimsy. really excellent work, here, thank you so much for writing it!

11006783

Thank you again very much, and thank you for (on my request) donating the prize directly to the charity :pinkiehappy:

Yeah this one's good. I like it

Login or register to comment