• Published 20th Jul 2021
  • 706 Views, 56 Comments

My Final Pony Fantasy III - Vimtrust5



Twilight's nightmares lead her and her friends into a world where the balance between light and darkness is at stake.

  • ...
0
 56
 706

Epilogue: Nightmares' End?

In the beginning, there was the Void... Then there was light and darkness. And everything was born. The sky, the land, water, fire... and life. Since the beginning, time had flown to take them back from whence they came. But life gave birth to something unique: a shining force that divided light and darkness, and illuminated the world. A force called "hope."

Twilight Sparkle and her friends had been carrying hope since they learned that the source of the nightmares was revealed to have come from this universe, and now, finally peace would return... for the time being. That's what the others were thinking when they felt themselves being pulled back into the World of Light.


Back in the Crystal Tower, a flash of light filled the room, and there appeared th he heroes who successfully vanquished the Cloud of Darkness.

"Everyone!" said Luneth.

"Luneth! Arc! Refia! Ingus!" Princess Sarah cried with relief. "Girls! Spike!" She then gasped at what she saw. Refia was cradling an unconscious Twilight.

"She's alright. I think she may need some rest."

"Ah'd be lyin' if Ah said she doesn't deserve a little rest after what we've all been through," Applejack added.

"Hm, yes. I agree," said Cid.

"Let's take her to Doga's Manor. I bet she'll be glad to see those Moogles again!" Pinkie Pie suggested.

"Moogles?" the five asked in unison.


Doga's Manor

Twilight struggled to open her eyes. But when she did, she saw many familiar and relieved faces.

"Guys!"

Her fellow Equestrians then pulled her into a group hug. Each of the Warriors of Light soon came in.

"It's over," Twilight said. "It's all over. Where are we?"

"Doga's Manor," said Luneth. "Pinkie's the one who suggested we come here."

"How come?"

"Well..."

"Kupo!"

"Oh!" Twilight gasped. "You guys again!"

"I kind of thought you'd be happy to see them, that's why!" Pinkie smiled.

"Congratulations, kupo!"

"Well... thank you!"

"I think it's time we headed home," said Luneth.

While the rest of the party began to exit the mansion, Pinkie Pie stopped upon seeing a lone sad Moogle.

"Oh, I think I know a place for you little guy," Pinkie whispered.


Later, upon leaving the manor the Equestrians' bodies began to glow; the Warriors of Light shared a confused look.

"I guess this is it..." Twilight said sadly.

"You mean..." Arc replied.

"Yeah... This is where we part ways."

The children lowered their heads.

"So, you're going back to your own world?" Luneth asked, though he knew the answer already.

The ponies and dragon nodded sadly.

"We have to. We've done what we set out to do. We've helped you carry out your duties as Warriors of the Light, and made friends along the way."

"Luneth, you were awesome," said Rainbow Dash. "And Arc, don't ever forget us, okay?"

"You mind your pa now, Refia," Applejack added.

"I will," Refia replied, holding her tears back.

"Ingus, your wisdom and intelligence was most helpful," said Rarity. "But really, had it not been for any of you... Well, best not think about that."

"Totally," said Spike. "Good bye, everyone."

"Good bye," the warriors said in unison as the Equestrians disappeared.


The Crystal Empire

Fluttershy, Shining Armor, Princess Cadence, and the two sisters anxiously awaited the arrival of her friends. Suddenly, a portal manifested in the center of the chamber and emerging from the portal were the very friends they had been awaiting.

"Oh, Twilight!" Celestia cried, pulling her student in a warm embrace. The others soon followed.

"We saw everything that happened at that tower!" said Cadence.

"You mean...?" Twilight said with a sad look.

"Yes... But we're so happy you're back!!" said Shining Armor, his head leaning on his sister's shoulder.

"I thought I'd never see you again," Fluttershy wept. "I'm so sorry, everypony. If only... If only..."

"It's alright... Fluttershy."

"It isn't! You were almost killed! If those two hadn't helped you... I..."

"From now on... Whenever Cid calls us... We all go together."

"Yes... If anything else happens, how can I ever forgive myself?"

"Would that be agreeable?" Rarity asked, turning her attention to the Crystal Heart.

The relic gave no reply at first, its light only glowing softly.

"Very well," Cid finally answered. "And I must apologize for sending you all on a dangerous mission..."

"It's... it's alright, Cid," said Twilight. "I was so sure we'd had it when the Cloud of Darkness appeared in front of us, but if it hadn't been for... for Doga and Unei... We probably wouldn't be standing here in this chamber right now."

Fluttershy embraced her friends once more. Hopefully, all of Equestria could sleep peacefully tonight and every other night afterwards.

"Glad to be back again," said Rainbow Dash. "Oh, and Cid?"

"Yes, Rainbow Dash?"

"Everywhere we go, all these people just look at us and have the exact same reaction whenever we talk. It's like, 'Oh, my goodness! Talking horses!' and so on and so on. It's kinda annoying!"

"Rainbow, are you suggesting perhaps that I transform you into humans the next time I send you into another universe?"

"Well," Rainbow thought. "That, or... Maybe share our adventures with some other worlds."

*music stops*

"WHAT?!"

"Rainbow Dash! Please tell me you're joking, right? RIGHT?!"

"Ah don't think this is a good idea, sugarcube."

"Why?"

"Allow me, if you please."

All eyes turned to the Crystal Heart.

"As you aware, Emperor Mateus somehow had a vision of your battle against Queen Chrysalis, the Changelings, Garland, and the Four Fiends. Through you, I had discovered that Xande had no intention of invading Equestria, but the Cloud of Darkness wished to pull this world, along with Luneth's into the Void, where there is no light, darkness, or life itself. Should I spread knowledge of your existence, the inhabitants of these worlds may fear and ostracize you. And some would exploit that knowledge and twist the truth to their own ends.

"Wow... That sounds super scary!" said Pinkie Pie.

"Yes, and--"

*music stops*

Just then, Pinkie's mane began to shake uncontrollably, making the party girl giggle.

"Dare I ask what happened?"

"Don't look at me," said Twilight.

From out of Pinkie's mane popped a familiar looking ball of fur on an antenna.

"Is that what I think it is?" said a wide-eyed Spike. Rainbow Dash could only stare at the object with wide eyes and an open jaw.

"Pinkie... You didn't," Twilight said, her eye twitching.

"She did," Rarity replied with a sense of dread.

"Let's go, everypony! The Friendship Express awaits!" Pinkie said, zooming off faster than the speed of light. Fluttershy stared in the direction the pink earth pony ran off in, wondering what had happened.

"Do you think Pinkie Pie may have... brought something back?" she wondered.

"Yes, and I'm 100% certain I heard a voice saying 'kupo,'" Rarity answered.

Applejack sighed. "Ah reckon we need a long talk with that pony."

"Eeyup," Twilight agreed.


Castle of Friendship

Later that night, Twilight climbed into her bed, covered herself and gently shut her eyes. The Princess of Friendship had finally earned a good night's sleep once more.


Elsewhere, on another plane of existence...

Two sets of eyes gazed upon a magic crystal ball, enabling them to observe the events unfolding in the multiverse. One was particularly displeased with what they had just seen.

"These... these feeble looking creatures..."

"Chaos--master of the Four Elements... Mateus--the Emperor of Palemecia... and the Cloud of Darkness... All have failed..."

"Do you think me unaware of what has happened?"

"No. Not at all, my lord..."

"And to think, bringing Queen Chrysalis earlier would help upset the balance..."

"Yes... But she had failed, thanks to them..."

"No matter... Soon the inter-dimensional rift will tear itself apart, and we will attack and rule Equestria."


Within this chamber, the Roman numeral XVI that was darkened began to radiate a warm glow. It then glowed a white color as the rest of the unopened portals.

"In due time..." said Cid. "In due time..."

THE END

Comments ( 2 )

Yeah wondering who's watching them there. I had a feeling they would bring a Moogle back. Glad that Fluttershy is going to get it together. Honestly I'm kind of half and half on the idea of everyone taking on their human forms, though I would see why. I'm guessing that last part was also to commemorate FF16's release if anything. In any case I'm especially looking forward to the next one.

Now I was thinking our two mystery villains were from the story up ahead, beginning with a "Z" and "G" respectively. Reading over this again, I'm not so sure now. Of course the idea if any or possibly even EVERY major Final Fantasy villain knowing about Equestria in advance is a scary thought. I know as far as power scale it gets even tougher around 5 and every installment after that. Probably a good call to have Princesses and other heavy hitters on tap.

Login or register to comment