• Published 20th Jul 2021
  • 705 Views, 56 Comments

My Final Pony Fantasy III - Vimtrust5



Twilight's nightmares lead her and her friends into a world where the balance between light and darkness is at stake.

  • ...
0
 56
 705

Chapter 9: Unrest in Ponyville

Meanwhile, back in Equestria...

As if it were a terrible disease, panic began to spread all across Equestria as the nightmares continued to invade the minds of its population and leave them fearful and worried. Images of a dark, lifeless world invaded their thoughts and dreams. And most terrifying of all, they all dreamed of several evil figures standing over them, sneering and laughing at their misery...


Ponyville Town Hall

Within the headquarters of Ponyville's government, Mayor Mare and her aids were swarmed with panicking citizens.

"Everypony, please. Please! Calm down!" the mayor said.

"'Calm down?!' CALM DOWN??!!'" one citizen shouted. "How can you ask us to keep calm when we're still having these nightmares?!"

"You should know that it's Princess Luna's duty to clear away any nightmares you experience! I'm just an elected official; I don't know how to handle this!" she replied.

"It's not just you citizens," said one of the guards. "Some of us had restless nights as well. From what I've heard, Her Highness Luna tried to fight off the source of these visions but was almost completely overwhelmed."

Another guard added, "And not only is Ponyville going through this, every city in Equestria is experiencing the same thing. Think how they feel!"

Surrounded by angry complaints, the mayor could do little to cease the squabbling and arguments.


Outside, the Cutie Mark Crusaders--Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo--were discussing the recent experiences as of late.

"Ah dreamt that some big plant monster with rose petals around its body was tramplin' the fields and smashin' the farm!" Apple Bloom recalled.

"I saw a big, green, tentacled plant-thing poison everypony with its horrible breath!" Sweetie Belle replied.

"Scoots, what did you see? "

"There were some kind of... some kind of..." Scootaloo couldn't finish. Although she didn't want to admit it, it was clear that whatever Scootaloo had seen in her nightmare was nothing short of terrifying.

"This is really serious, Apple Bloom," said Sweetie Belle.

"You're tellin' me," the yellow filly replied. "I tried callin' out Princess Luna, but ah couldn't get to her! It's almost like..."

"Like something's holding her back on purpose!" Scootaloo proclaimed.

"If ah'm right, our sisters are out travelin' with Rainbow Dash and the others to another world again."

"Yeah," Sweetie said. "Maybe they can find whatever's keeping Princess Luna back."

"I hope so," said Scootaloo.

The three fillies began to close their eyes and pray that their sisters and friends make it through and solve this problem before it could get worse.

From the distance, Diamond Tiara and her close friend Silver Spoon saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders discussing recent events. The two hugged one another, for they too had seen horrible things. The former recalled that, in her sleep, she had encountered a strange round one-eyed monster with purple bat wings, screeching at her. Silver Spoon recalled her dreams of facing a gold-colored, two-headed dragon.


Fluttershy quickly began gathering all necessary items for her trip to the Crystal Empire, bade her animal friends goodbye, and began to march towards the train station. But first, she had to speak with somepony... So she went all the way to the Ponyville Schoolhouse to speak with her.

"Miss Cheerilee, I've got to go to the Crystal Empire to see if my friends are alright. Do you think you can take care of my animals?"

"I'm sorry, Fluttershy," she said. "But I have to go to a meeting with several parents considering my students' dreams. Celestia knows I have trouble sleeping at night."

"You, too?"

Cheerilee nodded sorrowfully.

"Oh. This is more serious than I thought. I've got to go! Oh, wait..."


Sweet Apple Acres

"If it's not too much trouble, um..."

Big Macintosh and Granny Smith tilted their heads, waiting for the yellow pegasus to finish her sentence.

"Could one of you do me a favor and... um... look after my animals friends please?"

"I'll do it," Big Mac answered.

"You willl?"

"Eeyup."

"Don't mind me, I'll just stay here takin' care of the kids," said Granny Smith.

"Thank you."

"I'll have to ask anypony else here to help harvestin' the apples," said Big Macintosh.

As Big Macintosh left, Fluttershy quickly ran towards the train station, purchased her ticket and went onboard the Friendship Express.

Please, please, please... she prayed to herself.

Author's Note:

Remember: This takes place after season five, therefore Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon have turned good.