• Published 20th Jul 2021
  • 705 Views, 56 Comments

My Final Pony Fantasy III - Vimtrust5



Twilight's nightmares lead her and her friends into a world where the balance between light and darkness is at stake.

  • ...
0
 56
 705

Chapter 11: The Truth

The Crystal Empire

The Crystal Ponies, too, had felt the same fear as the rest of Equestria's citizens. One couple was seen arguing over whether or not Princess Luna should face impeachment for not aiding her subjects when they needed her the most. Another pair argued that the Crystal Empire should be evacuated. All in all, panic was rampant.

"BE STILL!"

The loud Canterlot voice of Princess Luna caught the citizens' attention. They turned to face the Princess of the Night herself standing along with Celestia, Cadence and Shining Armor.

"Now, everypony please keep calm and listen..."

Around this time, the Friendship Express reached its destination, and Fluttershy disembarked to find out about her friends.

Please be okay... please be okay... please be okay... she repeated to herself as she ran toward the Crystal Palace.


Canaan

The Enterprise soon docked near the town of Canaan.

"There's... something we need to take care of, first," said Twilight, solemnly.

The rest of the party immediately knew what they had to do next. They stepped into the inn and met with with the individual they needed to meet.

"Salina?"

"Oh! You're all safe!" she replied happily. But then... "Where's Desch?! Is he alright?! Where... is... DESCH?!"

The group exchanged looks of grief and regret. Salina saw and gasped in horror.

"No... It's not true... Please tell me the truth! Where is Desch?!"

"I'm so sorry..."

"No!! NO!!"

Soon after, the group left the inn and proceeded to enter Cid's residence to give him what they needed.

"Welcome back!" the old man chuckled.

"We have something for you," said Luneth.

"The Wheel of Time! So you met King Argus!"

"That's right!" said Pinkie Pie.

"All right, then! It's time to get to work. I'll turn your ship into a brand new airship!"

"Thank you, Cid," said Twilight, happy that the Enterprise would now gain flight. The man ran outside to get to work; Applejack followed.

"It's done, everyone," said the orange cowgirl.

"Aw, yeah!" Rainbow cheered.

"Remeber though, that you can land only on water. It was a sea ship to begin with, you know? Now you can finally get away from the Floating Continent and back to our own world."

This sentence caused the party to give him a questioning look.

"'Our own world?'" Luneth inquired.

"What do you mean...?" asked Arc.

"Cid... What are you talking about?"

The old man sighed."I guess it's time you knew the truth. The thing is: I brought all four of you to this continent from the world below."

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!"

"It all happened ten years ago. One day while I was flying my airship carrying several passengers onboard, the whole ship was engulfed in darkness. I tried to steer the ship away, but the force was too great; I had no choice but to make an emergency landing on this Floating Continent. And when it was over, I saw the aftermath: my vessel was destroyed, and yet there were only five survivors: me and four others, the children.

"I don't know what happened to our world after the darkness came... But you... you must go and find out! You were chosen as the Warriors of Light! I know you'll make it!"

The ponies couldn't believe what they had heard: their new friends were originally born in the world beneath the continent where they now stood.

"With all due respect, Cid," said Ingus. "I believe we must rest first. This is so much to take in."

The rest of the party agreed.

*music fades out*


Luneth sat on the bed, still contemplating what he and the others had heard. Never did he think that ever since the day of the earthquake, he would learn of his origins.

Refia placed her hand on her heart; it was without a doubt, a lot to take in.

"Howdy," Applejack said silently.

"Oh. Hi, Applejack."

"Still thinkin' about... y'know?"

Refia nodded.

"With all that's happened so far... and what we've just learned... I just..." The girl sniffled. "I don't even know what my parents were like. Or even my friends'..."

Applejack took off her hat. "Ya see this?"

Refia nodded.

"Ah got plenty of other hats back on the farm, but this? Mah folks gave me this before they... passed on," she said.

"Do you... miss them, Applejack?"

"There isn't a time where I don't miss 'em," she replied. "But my hat? I wear it just about everyday to remind myself a part of 'em's still with me, no matter where Ah go. No matter where I sleep, I can still see their smilin' faces."

Refia smiled with tears streaming down her face, knelt and pulled the orange cowgirl into a warm hug.

"I know what we should do," said Rainbow Dash.

"What's that?"

"Isn't is obvious, kid? Go down to the world below and stop the creep that's trying to stir things up! And if any of 'em get in the way and try to hurt you, we'll stop 'em!"

"You're right."

"Granted, he's probably been after you since... since we came along... But we still have to help."

"Not to mention, Twilight here's been havin' some awful nightmares about what may happen to our homes if this doesn't stop.

"There's no tellin' how everypony in Equestria's sleepin' at night with whatever's causin' this still out there."

"I say: Let us proceed!"

"Same here," said Twilight.

"Likewise," Applejack added.

"Rainbow?"

"What are we waiting for? Let's do it!" said the cyan pegasus.

"Yeah!"

"To the Enterprise!"

"You take care of 'em, little ponies!" Cid shouted.

"We will, that's a promise," said Applejack.

"Thank you, Cid," said Twilight.

"You'd better watch out, Xande. We're coming for you!" Rainbow Dash said.

And so, our heroes stepped aboard the Enterprise, activated the transformation sequence, and began their descent to the world below. What they would find is unknown, and yet, they continued onward in hopes of preventing Xande's plans from coming to fruition and saving Equestria from certain doom.

*music fades out*