• Published 19th Dec 2022
  • 3,561 Views, 101 Comments

Beyond Infinity - Pen Dragon



When given a second chance to live a new life as a pony, Marcus must gather six stones of infinite power to fulfill his deal with Death.

  • ...
9
 101
 3,561

Interlude- Mayor Mare

Interlude- Mayor Mare

Mayor Mare watched like a hawk from her office window as Fluttershy and the one named Coal Obsidian slowly disappeared into the distance. She didn’t take her eyes off of them, not even for a moment, until the last vestiges of Coal’s low-hung head vanished from sight behind a hill. Finally allowing herself to let out a deep sigh, she slowly turned around and in the darkness of her office two cloaked figures stood by patiently as she began to speak.

“I did what you asked of me… the alicorn is no longer allowed to enter this town. So I expect you to honor your deal and leave my family out of this!” She spat, glaring at the two figures. One of them started cackling like a mad pony while the other one let out a deep sigh of disapproval.

“I am a stallion of my word, we haven’t brought any harm to your family, still I thought I made it clear for you to frame him so that he couldn’t have an excuse to enter this town,” The cloaked stallion explained, walking up to the Mayor. He delicately lifted her chin up to meet his piercing orange eyes.

“He gladly agreed to banish himself! Especially after the damages he had caused!” She argued, trying to turn her gaze away from him.

“Hmm… I suppose that’s true and yet, he’s still with one of the Elements of Harmony. The point was to completely isolate him from everyone so that I could approach him… but I suppose you did keep your end of the deal. It’s only fair that I keep mine,” he explained, nodding to his ally who smirked underneath his hood.

“*GULG… BLAAAAGH!!!*”

Coming out of the other cloaked figure's mouth, three ponies came out and fell to the floor, all still breathing, while Mayor Mare immediately rushed over to their side.

“You said you wouldn’t hurt them!” She shouted.

The cloaked figure shook his head as another disappointed sigh escaped his lips. His orange eyes gazed upon her, forcing a cold shiver down her spine. Sweat began to drip down her chin as she started to tremble.

“I said we didn’t bring them any harm… they are still breathing and they won’t remember any of this anyway… So why does it matter?” He spoke calmly.

“Yeah… it’s a real bummer, I could have used them! A complete waste of flesh that isn’t used if you ask me, heh ha!” The other stallion cackled as tears started to come out of the Mayor’s eyes as she glared at the duo.

“You're sick… Sick and twisted!”

“Well, it’s not like you’re gonna remember this anyway!” The other cackled, his hood falling back to reveal a pale unicorn with several stitches across his face. His eyes were pure purple like a black abyss and if you looked deep into them, the abyss would stare back. He had a blue unicorn horn stitched to his head and he had very little of his black mane.

Mayor Mare suddenly started feeling sick to her stomach as she let out a gasp at the sight of this grotesque creature that grinned back at her. She wanted to scream and shout, but she couldn’t find her voice. The abomination’s arm immediately stretched out and grabbed her by the neck with what looked to be a paw of some kind and pulled her close to him. She felt disgusted as he began to give her a long lick from her neck to her cheek.

“Honestly, I wanted to devour you, too!” he said, smiling gleefully.

“However! As I said, Shadow Whistler, I’m a stallion of my word, and the last thing I want is to draw suspicion when I’ve only just begun this game of mine,” he explained, his horn being enveloped in a bright orange aura. It began to surround the mare as she was pulled from the one called Shadow Whistler and slammed against the wall. “Truly, I don’t care about you or your family. Personally, I wouldn’t mind him devouring you and using your flesh for his own use, but you just so happen to be lucky that you are an important figure in this town. So you’ll still serve a purpose, but allowing you to go and tell the princess is something I can’t allow.”

“W-What? H-How did- AHHHHHH!” Mayor Mare started, but she couldn’t get another word out. In an instant, her mind was wracked with splitting headaches. She gritted her teeth and tried to convulse, but the orange aura forced her to a grinding halt each time she tried. After a moment, the white-hot agony that coursed through her mind only worsened.

He watched her eyes morph to half-lidded before closing slowly and her head fell forward. Releasing his hold on her, she fell to the ground limp before she was placed on the sofa across the room. “Whistler, take her family back to their home, they’ve served their purpose for the time being.”

“Aww, come on father, can’t I just-”

“No, if word gets out that Mayor Mare or a member of her family had been killed, it will lead to an investigation, bringing the guard, or worse, the Royal Sisters down here when I’ve only just begun. It’ll make everything much harder for us to set up.”
Shadow Whistler groaned in response, “Then, what’s the next phase, father?”

“You’ll be scouting the Everfree Forest, searching for Faerie Tail’s hideout, I believe she’s been spotted entering and exiting the forest from time to time. Find where she’s been hiding and report back to me immediately,” Father explained to the pale stallion.

“What about the alicorn prince? He’ll be alone with only one of those Elements, I can eliminate them quickly and take the stone from him-”

“No, we must be patient. He’s no threat to us right now and I believe he could be of use to us. I tried to dig through his mind a few days ago, but I couldn’t find anything… it was odd, but for now… focus on finding her hideout. Faerie Tail is our biggest adversary currently and is in possession of the Time Stone, if we are to reunite both timelines, we’ll need to take that stone from her. Find where she’s hiding and alert me immediately. I’ll send word for the other seekers to return once you’ve found it.”

“Of course, I won’t let you down, Lord Kaisen,” said Shadow Whistler, bowing to the cloaked stallion before bone-like wings emerged from his cloak and he picked up the three ponies with the hooks of his wings.

Kaisen’s horn ignited in a black aura that opened a portal made out of a black dripping substance that Shadow Whistler traveled through before closing immediately, leaving the cloaked stallion alone.

“Reincarnation, ascension, infinity stones… and yet you’ll be wholly unprepared for what comes next…”

Author's Note:

Two chapters in two day!?! GASP!!! I know right! Exciting stuff as it was once again edited by my friend UnamusedWaffle.

This will be the last chapter posted for awhile, but I hope you all enjoy this one and will wait patiently for what is to come.

Comments ( 7 )

OK... i was VERY wrong about Mayor Mare. :twilightoops:

Why the [[DUCK!]] fin didn't notify me about this?!

11890999
Now you know :)

mayor mare, i've started to hate You when i entered this place full of entertainment, and after reading this………….i don't have any regrets

11891662
Well as long as you know lol

11899003
It’s not like she would have known xD

I'm excited for more.

Login or register to comment