• Published 22nd Nov 2020
  • 1,963 Views, 13 Comments

Anon a Mystery : Flash - ALoneWolf



How will our blue haired rocker boy react after finding out the truth? Lets find out...................................

  • ...
12
 13
 1,963

The Honest Truth

There up in the lush green horizon stood Sweet Apple Acre's. Home of the Apple family, the landscape of the lifelong family business, and is well known across the city for having the best farm grown apples in the state.

Outside the entrance a young man park's his sports car just two feet from the pathway to the farm. As he shut's down the ignition he then steps out of his car, keys in hand and gazes at his targeted destination. With his folks being longtime customers, finding the Acres was as Pinkie would say " Easy as Applepies:pinkiehappy:"

This was Flash Sentry

Sunsets Former boyfriend turned friend, Canterlot Highs most popular student/musician, and a longtime friend of the Rainboom's . As he continued to gaze at the Apples estate, he look's back at the reason for him being here in the first place.

Sunset shimmer

Ever since they got back from the week long Camp Everfree trip a few days ago, Sunset's been unusually happy and cheerful with everybody in school no longer the cold, distant, and unapologetic girl she's been these past 4 1/2 months. One things for sure this didn't seem right to him As there was no way she would go from cold to happy in just a few days despite the fact that 4 1/2 months seem's like the appropriate time to forgive someone but this, this just didn't seem right to him in any way. One things for sure he was gonna get his answer, and he was gonna get it from the one person who known throughout the school for never telling a lie .

Applejack AKA The element of honesty

" I really hope she's home" He questions as he lock's his car door and proceeds to his destination.

As he walks through the stone and gravel pathway, Flash gets a chance to gaze at all the large and healthy apple tree's that loomed throughout the large green acre's . No doubt the Apple's business has has been going on for many years.

After a 3 minute walk through the path Flash finally arrives at the Apples residence. Over the main outside gate he spot's Applebloom playing fetch with the family dog Winona. As she threw the ball for the fifth time she look's back and notices the visitor standing near the gate.

" Howdy Flash!" Bloom greeted. " How ya doin?"

"Hi applebloom" He greeted back. " Im doing well thanks for asking"

" Hows the leg doing?" He asked.

"Ehh it's getting there" Bloom replies as she looks down at her leg cast. " But I'm getting better and better each day. the good news is I should have my cast off in a couple more week's.

"That's great glad your doing better" He says. " Anyways Is your sister home? Cause I need to talk to her about something important".

" Yeah she's upstairs in her room, hang on let me get the gate opened for ya" Bloom replied as she limped over to the center of the gate. After gently placing one of her crutches on the edge she undid the hooked lock and opened the gate for her classmate.

" Thanks Bloom" Flash said as he walked inside.

"No problamo" Bloom replied as she retrieved her right crutch.

Suddenly an loud happy bark can be heard and Flash look's down and finds himself face to face with Winona who stood on his left leg giving him the happiest smile while wagging her tail with joy.

" Hehe sorry bout that partner, Winona always gets excited when she meet's new people" Bloom giggled.

" Hehe It's fine my dog's the same way" Flash replies as he gently scratches the top of her head"

" Come on girl let's leave Flash alone" Bloom call's out and Winona soon follows suit. But before the two of em walk away Bloom turn's back to Flash " The doorbell's broken so you'll have to knock"

"Ok thanks Bloom" Flash replies as he makes his way towards the front door.

Meanwhile...............

Inside the house we find the families Matriarch Granny Smith and her Grandson Big Macintosh ( big mac for short) prepping for dinner. But as Mac's about halfway finished setting the table, he hears a knock at the door and goes to see who it is.

The tall teenager unlocks and open's the door and find's his buddy Flash Sentry on the other side.

"Hey there big guy" Flash greeted

" Howdy Flash" Mac greeted back as they gave each other friendly fistbumps.

Granny Smith then looked over to see who stopped by.

" Well if it isn't Flash Sentry! How ya doin boy what brings you her this late in the afternoon?' She asked.

"Hi Miss Smith" Flash greeted and waved. " I'm doing fine thanks for asking"

"Actually I came here on a serious note, mind If I go up and talk to Applejack it's important?" He asked.

"Sure thing go on ahead" She answered." Oh and while your up there would you mind letting her know that dinner will be ready in about an hour?"

" Yup" Big Mac replied.

''Sure thing i'll let her know and thanks" Flash replied and began to walk upstairs, but he was soon stopped by Big Mac.

"Word of advice partner knock first, I learned my lesson 20 times throughout my life" Mac said slightly terrified.

"Thanks for the warning big guy" Flash giggled as he made his way upstairs.

Moments later our blue haired rocker found himself on the second floor of the estate surveying the many door's in his path. He soon came across a door with a symbol painted on that strongly resembled the element Twilight bestowed upon Applejack.

" Hope this is the right room" Flash said to himself and proceeded to knock as warned by Big Mac.

" Come in!" Came a voice from the other side.

Flash then opened the door and Found Applejack near her small wardrobe lightly grooming her hair. She then noticed his presence in her mirror and turned around.

"Flash! Well aint this a surprise, what brings ya here partner? She greeted.

" Hey AJ I just dropped by to chat with you about something" He said.

" Oh ok, whats on your mind partner?" She asked.

"Well before I start Granny smith wanted me to tell you that dinner will be ready in an hour" He replied.

"Really?" she asked. " Thank god I'm starving"

"So whats on your mind partner?" She continued as she walked over to her bed and sat on the edge.

Flash then took a deep breath before answering her question. After what seemed like hour's He finally spoke.

"It's about Sunset" he finally said.

The element of honesty raised an eyebrow as she wondered what He wanted to know about his ex. But her expression soon turned to inner shock as she realized what he might be talking about.

"Does he know about the stone?" She thought before continuing.

"Wwwwwwhat about Sunset Flash?" She asked nervously.

"Well" He continued. " You see after we got back from camp a few days ago Sunset's been unusually happy. She was no longer cold or angry like she's been these past 4 1/2 months. But whats more suspicious is that she's hanging out with you guy's again and I haven't heard anything of her forgiving you guy, your sisters, the entire student body, faculty, and me. Plus Sunset's never once mentioned Anon a Miss or anything related to it and I came here to know Applejack, what.......happened........to..........Sunset?"

As Flash finished his statement Applejack looked down at the floor with a hint of guilt in her eye's. She and the girls knew it was only a matter of time before someone caught on to their sinful act that they pulled at Camp Everfree. However she couldn't help but feel slightly impressed that out of all her friends he chose to speak to her knowing that she's never told a single lie her entire life as it would go against the element that Twilight Bestowed upon her.

"Well played Sentry" She thought.

Applejack then sighed a little before continuing.

" Ok partner wait here i'll be back, promise" Applejack said.

"Ok" He replied.

A few minutes later applejack came back into the room with two cups of hot cocoa. No doubt this was gonna be a long story if hot chocolate was involved. After he was given his cup Flash took a seat at the edge of the bed and Applejack soon followed.

"Ok Flash it's like this.................." Applejack said as she began her story.

5 minutes later

"So yeah partner that's what happened" Applejack said as she finished her story and then takes the last sip of her cocoa.

Flash remained silent as she finished her story. He didn't know how to process all of this, to think all it took was a magic stone to erase that horrible event from last christmas, his emotions were mixed at the matter. A part of him wanted to be angry at Applejack and the other's for taking n easy way out just to rid Sunset of that horrible memory instead of waiting patiently for forgiveness. But another part of him couldn't really blame them for stooping so low as he too was just as awful to Sunset when she was wrongfully accused by everyone. After finishing the last of his cocoa he finally spoke.

"Does anyone else know?" He asked.

" No" Applejack replied. " Just me, the girls, and our sisters...........well actually they overheard us privately discussing it during free period.

"What about you know who?" He asked again.

" No she doesn't know either" Applejack replied. " We were actually debating on whether or not to tell Twilight cause we knew how angry she would get if she ever found out. but even if we wanted to it'd be impossible as sunset's magic journal went missing a few days ago and we haven't been able to find it.

" I see, I see" Flash responded

After a moment of silence Applejack then spoke again.

"Your pissed at us aren't you?" She asked nervously.

" Well" He began. " I'd be lying if I said that was definitely a BS move you girl's pulled on her. Cause sunset would have been an emotional wreck if she lost all of her memories and not just the Anon a miss incident"

Applejack looked at her empty cup in shame knowing that he was right.

"But" He continued"

His response caused her to lift her head back up.

" I guess I cant really blame you guys for going that far especially with how Sunset always reacted whenever someone tried to apologize to her" He said.

" Hell she almost sent Pinkie and fluttershy to the hospital and all they wanted was to talk to her" He continued. " And honestly when she almost burned us alive during the visit to her apartment, I would have taken a fireball straight to the torso as it's what i deserved after the hurtful and unforgiving words me and my friends wrote in those hate mail letters.

" I'm no saint myself Flash" Applejack replied. " Whenever she got jumped by Gilda and her gang all week a part of me wanted to jump in and save her, but I was to clouded in hatred at the thought of her only pretending to be our friend just to learn our deepest darkest secrets. But boy was I wrong, Sunset wasn't that girl anymore but I was too selfish to believe that her reformation and sincerity was genuine and not just an act"

"Your right she's not that evil queenbee anymore" He replied. " she's changed but I guess a part of us still haven't forgiven her for all the hurtful actions she's put us through these past few year's.

"I'd give anything to go back and fix what i've done. I shouldn't have let my anger and stubbornness get the better of me" Applejack said as tears slowly started to form.

"Amen" Flash replied.

The two friends remained silent for what felt hour's until Flash finally perked up a little and continued.

"Dont worry, your secret's safe with me" He said

Applejack wiped the tears away before continuing.

"Ya mean it Flash?" she sniffed.

" Yeah as Pinkie would say Cross my heart hope to die stick a cupcake right in my eye" He said earning a small chuckle from the element of honesty.

" Thanks partner" Applejack said and wrapped an arm around his neck.

" No prob AJ" Flash replied and returned he embrace.

After a few seconds they broke the embrace and looked at eachother.

" Ya know maybe that stone was a sign for us to start over and actually befriend sunset" Flash said.

" Your right" Applejack began. " It'd be nice to actually be friends with her instead of being told to....................................

"SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPP'SSSSSSS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Came a loud voice from downstairs.

" Sound's like dinners ready" Flash giggled.

"Yup" Applejack replied" I swear Granny may be old but she's got some lung's.

After another good chuckle form her and Flash Applejack spoke again.

" Would you like to stay for dinner?" She asked.

" I wouldn't want to intrude" Flash politely declined.

"NONSENSE!" Applejack protested." You drove all the way over here it's the least I can do for ya.

Flash then thought it out for a minute.

"Did I mention that we're having Salisbury steak?" Applejack said.

"Word?" He asked.

"Oh yeah partner" Applejack replied.

"What the heck, sure i'll stay." Flash said after making his decision.

"Wise choice partner your in for a real treat tonight" Applejack said happy with his answer.

" Just let me phone my parent's real quick to let them know where I'm at" He said

" Sure thing partner take your time" Applejack replied as she walked out of the room.

As AJ left the room Flash took out his phone and began swiping through his contact's until he reached his parents number's. However as he was about to tap on the selected number, he stopped himself when he noticed a familiar number that he hasn't called in a while. As he continued staring at the number memories soon began to cloud in his mind. after staring at it for a few more seconds, he finally mustered up the courage to tap on the number and began typing.

"Hey Sunset you there?"

After a few seconds a reply soon came in................

"Flash hi! This is a surprise, I thought you've deleted

my number by now after the......well you know.


"Well I actually planned on it but I guess it kinda slipped my mind😅"



" Well I dont mind actually, It kinda feel's like old times😊"


"Yeah It does doesn't it?"


"Yeah............So whats up with you Flash?"



" Well I wanted to ask you something"



"what?"


"Do you have plans this weekend?"



"No i dont"

"Well me and the girls were gonna have one of our

famous slumber parties, but sadly Pinkie and Rarity

got the flu so we decided to postpone it to next week"

"Why?"

Flash stopped for a second before typing his response. After what felt like a minute he continued typing.


"Well I was wondering if you wanted to, I don't know see a
movie with me this weekend?"


He then waited patiently for her reply and after a few second's it soon came in.


"Sure what time?"


He was shocked after reading her answer.

"She said yes?" He thought to himself and continued typing.

"Would 11am be cool with you?"

"Sure sounds good"

"Well get the best seats if we go early"


"True that"
"So............I'll see ya this weekend?"



"Yeah I'll see you"

"OH before I go I gotta ask you something"


"What's up?"



" You wouldn't have happened to see my journal

have you? Cause it's been a few days and me

and the girls haven't been able to find it"


"No I haven't sorry"
"But i'll let you know if I do👍"


"Thanks😉"

''ll see ya this weekend Flashy boy💗"


"See ya sunset😄"



Once the text conversation ended Flash took a moment to piece together what just happened. He asked his ex out on a date and she said yes and was all in for it, despite the two of them barely saying a word to each other after her reformation. Memories began to flow in his head, the introductions between the two, the breakup, the school nearly getting taken over, her reformation, and the Anon a miss incident from last year. He thought back on that day wishing that he hadn't been so stupid to quickly accuse her like he did. He wasn't sure how far this would go if they actually tried this again, but deep down he did enjoy the times they had together before the break up, and maybe this would be his second chance to make it right and if she ever got her memory back he'll be ready for her with hug's, kisses, and promises to make it up to her.

"I'm not gonna mess up this time Sunset, I promise" Flash said to himself, and then proceeded to contact his parents.

Author's Note:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I did it another story for the site. I actually did a written script for this one which ended up being 8 pages and took a week to write. Why is is that typing a story is much faster than writing it on paper....................Weird huh:rainbowderp:? But this time I took my time corrected some errors and erased some parts of the script that didn't fit or sound too well and I even experimented with some fancy word's.I also tried to write out the text scene like an actual smartphone screen so apologies if it's a little sloppy:twilightblush: Also i'd like to clarify a few things I thought of but didn't go through with the story..........................

1.Originally it was gonna take place in Canterlot High But I chose Applejacks house instead cause there weren't that many people to eavesdrop on their conversation.

2. I was gonna put a line were Bloom asks Flash if he and AJ were dating but I didn't think It would fit too well in the story especially since its a FlashxSunset fic.

3. I was gonna have Flash follow Applejack downstairs and Granny Smith would have been the one to invite him to stay for dinner, and I was gonna have a scene that show's the backstory of what lead to Flash and Sunsets breakup. But it would have made the story way too long as it already is.



But anyways there you have it guys the first part of my 2 part Anon a mystery side series, if you haven't check out my blog post for more info https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/925546/upcoming-short-projects Hopefully I'll have the script for the CMC story written down this week and have it out before the end of November "hopefully:twilightblush:" Anyways hope you guys enjoyed this story now like I said these installments don't count as my next main stories as i'm still learning. But I hope you guys enjoyed my little one shot story, and until next time give me your honest opinions and I'll see you all in part 2 Anon a Mystery : CMC Goodnight FOLKS:pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 13 )

Awesome side story:pinkiehappy:. Now all we need is a what if sequel of Sunset getting her memories back somehow.

They all seem a lot more relaxed than you'd expect with her journal missing. Especially with it being her only means of communicating with Twilight I'd expect at least Sunset to be more frantic.

This ******* S***T Flash just taking advantage of Sunset, even if never meant that way it is WRONG!!

i get Sunset may of gone too far, but doesn;t excuse anything!
All they did was take the easy way out, and I love to see how it can go wrong in the end.

Yeeeaaah..... just as diablo4000 commented in the other story....

"I should have never accused her of being Anon a Miss!" Fluttershy tearfully shouted. "Regardless of how much of a bully she was in the past I had no right to accuse her like that I fucked up I FUCKED UP BAD I'M NO ELEMENT OF HONESTY I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!"

Ok...SERIOUSLY WTF !!!!! Ok one Fluttershy is the Kindness.

lord will always forgive and forget there will always be second chance's. yes that is true...to bad NOTHING LIKE THAT HAPPENED! THERE IS NO SHORT CUT!! WHAT THEY DID IS WRONG!
Forgiveness must be given out of FREE WILL Like twilight did for her family and Friends and teacher.
You can't force it or trick someone or just erase their minds if not memories!

There Is nothing to show what happen is the same!
They took a massive easy way out, did nothing to return her memories! That is WRONG!
I get why they thought it was the only choice,but it no excuse!

Maybe if they had returned her memories it would shown how much they are for her. Maybe maybe be worthy of forgiveness!

the Principals should done something for Sunset transferred her out of there if it was that bad for her, or gotten her some bloody therapy!
Now Flash is Taking advantage of Sunset!

Ugghh!

Because Flash was also guilty of hurting Sunset as well greatly now that she can't remember everything she dating the same person who hurt her?!
It's no different then say a .....................I hate to say it I really do.

But it reminds me of this movie a girl was raped and afterwards met this guy who supported her and cared for her.
Went all out to take care of her, seem to be a great guy and was...too bad he was the one who raped her.

Yup it was the same guy! He started to take care of her due to feeling guilty for what he done to her.
She never knew till later, and no matter what it wasn't right.

Flash hurt Sunset and now because he feels guilty and such wants to make it up for ehr, thou he never get a chance WAIT. Sunset lost her memories she can't remember what we did what i did?! Flash smirks
Well well time to. Licks hands smooths hair. "To play my moves and get her Winsk at the audience and swaggers over.

Aaaaand....
They fucked up even worse with this.
Now Flash enters the ethical gray area, because he knows that Sunset don't remember, and he proceeds to take advantage of Sunset and her situation.


PS: Good to see you build up on this storyline ALoneWolf!
Now we have the concept/start and a prolog... now we need the climax (''death & rebirth'' of 'A Hero's journey'), their ''transformations'', ''atonment'' and ''Return'' (to Equestria/old life pre AaM/new life).

10546056
YES YES YES:rainbowlaugh: I agree with everything you just said about this mess especially with Flash.

OMG their should definitely be a sequel with Sunset getting her memories back. I would love to see her tear the girls and flash a new one for doing this to her.:flutterrage:

Heck i'll write it!:rainbowwild:

Man this is going to backfire Hard when sunset gets her memories back. Like this is not only not friends anymore but this is "OK I see I can't trust you ever again." territory.
Like I'm dying to see the fallout of sunset just saying goodbye to everyone and changing schools maybe going back to equestria to rip into twilight a bit for not saying anything.
Like there's no happy ending to this story. Realistically it will end in tragity

10556064 can you blame they were pretty close to hurting her physically and they think they should be forgiven right away for their lack of trust. She probably attacked because she thought she would be hurt again. Rebuilding the bridge of trust takes time and effort. They didn't want to wait until sunset was willing to talk and now they just dug themselves in another mess. But how did they do it. The memory stone doesn't appear till much later unless the author changed that.

10545768
Twilight will sooner or later notice and come investigate which will get them caught and then they will really lose her. In time she might have forgiven them but she probably still dealing with the pain they and their sisters caused when they decided to make her forget what happened.

While the story's good, geez pal, this story really needs editing on grammar. There are almost no punctuation at all yo

"What about you know who?" He asked again.

Voldemort? Is that you?

" Yeah as Pinkie would say Cross my heart hope to die stick a cupcake right in my eye" He said earning a small chuckle from the element of honesty.

I think you meant, "Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.".....

10977729
Oh yeah your right , hehe it's been a while since iv'e watched the show:twilightsheepish:

"Word of advice partner knock first, I learned my lesson 20 times throughout my life" Mac said slightly terrified.

Mac NO-

Login or register to comment