• Published 31st Aug 2012
  • 5,545 Views, 39 Comments

My little Wonderbolt Romance - Sparity



The Wonderbolts are back to Cloudadale, and Rainbow Dash is sure to get Soarins attention this time.

  • ...
8
 39
 5,545

My Little Wonderbolt Romance (Part 3)

----------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash sat on her bed, looking over at her Wonderbolts uniform. She could still taste Soarin on her blue lips. She walked around, thinking about it over again. Slowly, she walked out her door and flew down to Ponyville. Over the small hills laid Apple Acres. From above, the small red barn lay on the grassy plain, surrounded by the hundreds of apple trees. Rainbow Dash flew down to Apple Jack in the crowd of trees as she bucked another apple tree.

"Hey Rainbow Dash, what you up to?" she asked as she filled another basket with fresh apples. “Well, I’m back from practice, and have nothing to do since Soarin is busy;" she quoted grabbing an apple from the basket.

"What about Soarin?" Apple Jack asked, bucking another apple tree.

"Didn't I tell you?"

"No, what's goin on with y'all?" She replied, pulling the wagon o the red barn over the hill.

"Well, before they announced I won the contest yesterday, Soarin asked me to be his 'Rookie' and in Wonderbolts talk, that means girlfriend,"

"Wow Rainbow! That's just plain terrific!" Apple Jack jumped up, clacking her hoofs together for Rainbow Dash. Her blonde braid jolted along with her flank, where three red apples laid.

"Yes, but he's always busy and he's always with Spitfire for the routines,"

"Well, Rainbow, he is a Wonderbolts. That needs a lot of work, they're amazing acrobatic artists and of course he's gonna be busy. He's famous," in silence Rainbow Dash walked beside Apple Jack.

"Well, Apple Jack I should head home. I have practice in the morning,"

"You do that, I need to get more apples," Rainbow Dash nodded and flew off into the clouds. Her wings pattered slowly as she approached a small white cloud. Rainbow Dash laid down on the cloud, her hoof on her cheek as she watched the town below. "This is going to be harder than I thought," she thought to herself. The people below accompanied by their family and friends walked around through the shops and homes. She stood on the cloud and bolted to her house above the clouds. Walking through the doors, made her knees weak, "What if we don't last? That should mess up the entire team with two people hating each other on it. She walked to her bedroom, where she fell on her bed, looking up at the posters of each Wonderbolt. The small hearts and lip markings over Soarin's posters made her smile and giggle at herself. "Well, maybe it's not as bad as I'm taking it."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Over the next few weeks, the Wonderbolts performed over Cloudsdale, their routines filled with amazing detail and color. Rainbow Dash had grown closer with the team and Soarin. Spitfire had grown on Rainbow Dash and her skills. The Wonderbolts and Rainbow Dash sat in the chairs of Spitfires home as they went over a new routine with each other.

"Rainbow Dash would you mind leading this routine?" Fire Streak asked looking over at Rainbow Dash and Soarin.

"Really?" she smiled, her wings standing straight and mane frizzy from their recent practicing in the arena to practice agility.

"Yea, we thought we'd give you the chance," Spitfire chuckled, writing on the plan papers. "One more thing, fellow Wonderbolts, I was with Princess Celestia this morning and we have been given an amazing offer," she smiled, getting up from the mahogany table. The walls behind her, rested a dark blue color with small white specks that leaded to a golden colored chandelier hanging above the table. The Wonderbolts in full body uniform watched Spitfire walk over to the other end of the table.

"Come on Spitfire; tell us what did the Princess say?" Silver lining announced lifting his white curls and thin face with anxiety.

"We all know the Grand Galloping Gala is next month. Princess Celestia gave us the opportunity to perform again this year," Rainbow Dash, Soarin, Fleet Foot, Blaze, Fire Streak and the rest of the Wonderbolts smiles went from ear to ear. "We can perform and then change into formal wear unlike last year,"

"If anyone wants, my friend Rarity can make dresses and suits, I can get her to help, you just need to tell me what you want and I can bring it to her in the morning." Rainbow Dash announced to the team. They grabbed paper from their notebooks that lay on the table, each cover was a dark blue with their symbol on a yellow Lightning bolt, with wings for the stallions and without for the mares.

-------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Rainbow Dash sat in front of the house. She watched as the rainbow in color water trickled off her yard and to the sky. She watched as the sun rose from the horizon straight ahead. Beside laid her dark purple folder, where the Wonderbolts ideas for Rarity's creations laid, all twelve of them. She looked up to the large, cloud white, three story complex above her. Its roof lay rounded where a light rainbow flew from its top and landed behind it.

"I should stop by 'Sugarcube Corner' for breakfast with Pinkie Pie," she mumbled to herself, grabbing the folder and flying off the property. She flapped her light blue wings to the direction of 'Sugar Cube Corner.' Not paying attention, she felt a thump as she flew into another Pegasus. She twirled around as she rammed the other Pegasus out of their direction. Straightening herself, she checked the folder for the papers, all intact.

"Oh I'm sorry-" she began looking over to the Pegasus.

"I just don't know what went wrong!" the Pegasus began, yellow eyes crossed and grey body tangled in it.

"Yea, it's a mystery," she sarcastically began holding a hoof out to the grey Pegasus, "Why are you up so early Derpy?"

"I heard you are a Wonderbolt," she began, nasally voice in all as Rainbow Dash helped her untangle herself.

"yea I am," Rainbow Dash concluded, as Derpy untangled her grey legs.

"Nice going Rainbow Dash," shut moaned, hopping on the white cloud below her.

"I got to go, please don't cause any more damage then you already have,” Rainbow Dash quoted, flying off to Sugarcube Corner. The town lay quiet as the early hours approached. Few stores were open as Rainbow Dash landed by town hall. The little fillies and colts skipped and pranced towards school, where their teacher happily approached her students and grabbed their papers as they walked in the small red building as the bell rang for them. In the center of town, the few stands were setting up, getting ready for the daily market, they surrounded Town hall. The building stood tall, a small reflection of the sun sat on the highest window. It seemed to resemble an old, two story carousels with its few colors and pillars. Other shops and buildings circled the town hall on the outer parts of the stands as Rainbow Dash looked for Sugarcube Corner. The building was easy to notice; it seemed to be made entirely out of candy and large cupcakes. Unlike most of the shops around, the building was open, due to their constant cooking if fresh treats and sweets. Rainbow Dash pushed open the doors of the building to be greeted by the smells of cookies, doughnuts, cupcakes and the sounds of the twins crying. Rainbow Dash walked up the old wooden creaking staircase, avoiding the temptation of the pastries behind the counters glass.

"Pinkie Pie?" she called up the staircase as the twins crying faded.

"In here!" Pinkie Pie called from a small room in the back of the building. As Rainbow dash walked into the room, she was accompanied by Pinkie Pie and her breakfast. Grass pancakes and bacon, her favorite. "Don't be shy, eat."

Rainbow Dash gladly sat in the old, faded hemlock chair beside Pinkie Pie. She grabbed a small plate of the grass pancakes ad Pinkie Pie, literally dove into her meal.

"So Rainbow, whatcha doing today?" pinkie Pie stated, pancakes falling out of her mouth.

"I'm stopping by Rarity's boutique to leave some plans for the Gala next month,"

'Oh yea, can I come I want to go to the Gala too,"

"Well maybe, but the Princess didn't send invites yet, only to the Wonderbolts since we're performing,"

"You guys are performing there!?" Pinkie Pie squealed, causing the twins in the other rooms to cry once again. "Oopsies,"

"Yea, I can probably get you, Spike and the girls in if I try, I'll work on it. I got to go through to get these ideas to Rarity." Rainbow Dash began getting up from the hemlock table. "Thanks for the pancakes they were great I'll see you later," Rainbow Dash walked back down the wooden staircase with the folder in her hoof. Mr. and Mrs. Cake set up the treats and switched over the business hours sign to ‘open’ as Rainbow Dash walked out of the sweet smelling building. She lifted herself up off the ground below and began to fly herself across town to the Carousel Boutique. The air smelt fresh and open as the grass rushed past her. The few more shops opened and their doors read "open" as rainbow Dash watched few more ponies and unicorns walk into certain shops. She stopped herself ahead of the boutique as Rarity looked out the window.

"Come in Rainbow Dash, how I can help you?" she began, her mane held back in a purple bun with her styling glasses resting on her nose.

"I have some ideas from the Wonderbolts," she began walking into the freshly cleaned boutique. Where the walls held high and the simple pink, purple and white decorated the room. A small stage where four mirrors lay in the corner of the room, complete with a single changing room and pink curtain. "For the gala, the Wonderbolts, drew or wrote down what they'd like you to create,"

"Oh my, the Wonderbolts want me to design their outfits for the Grand Galloping Gala next month!?" she shouted, grabbing the dark purple folder from Rainbow Dash's hoofs.

"Yea, can you do them?" she asked, walking beside Rarity as she scampered around the boutique.

"But of course, I just need you here for today to help,"

"What for?" Rainbow Dash asked, beside Rarity.

"Well you know them and their personalities, I don't I'd need your help, drawings and words can't help me," Rainbow Dash nodded as Rarity walked over to her manikins what resembles light yellow ponies without manes, horns or wings. Rarity took a simple design out of the folder as it sat on the desk, where cloths, string and needles lay upon its wooden top. Rainbow Dash sat on the white tiled floor as Rarity looked over the design.

"So, a mare, her name is Blaze?" She asked, grabbing a black cloth from her closet.

"Oh Blaze, let’s see, she likes the color yellow and white, she is about my size and has an orange mane. She likes to speak and act before thinking and is the youngest Wonderbolt who is kind of vain,"

"Well that's good for Blaze," Rarity began designing a rough copy of the dress.

"Well I'll just do small beginning of each dress and suit, I'll need a description of every Wonderbolt," Rarity smiled over to Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash let out a small sign as Rarity pulled out another design and moved to another manikin.

Over the next two weeks Rarity finished a few of the dresses and suits for the Wonderbolts. The Gala was closing in on them fast with only two weeks left yet, Rainbow Dash didn't have a dress or the routine down completely and she was the head flyer. At the arena the Wonderbolts began working on their routine with Rainbow Dash.

"Come on Rainbow it's not that hard," Lightning Streak commented, flying over to Rainbow Dash as she messed up the routine again.

"Leave her be Lightning Streak she's trying and we have a few weeks," Misty began, her lighter blue and turquoise mane flowing in the breeze of her light yellow wings.

"Girls, just try again and leave the Rookie be,” Spitfire shouted from ahead of the Wonderbolts, leading them again with Soarin. Rainbow Dash looked up from hiding her face to see Soarin smiling at her. He waved his hoof to call her over. She flew over to him as her cheeks blushed.

"You can do this Rainbow don't listen to them," he smiled, holding her shoulders. He leaned in and gave her a quick peck on the lips, sending her back to her spot in the routine. The Wonderbolts learned to get over the fact that Rainbow Dash and Soarin loved each other, but Spitfire did not.

"Don't start that Soarin," Spitfire announced in-front of the Wonderbolts, ignoring Rainbow Dash. Soarin looked over to Rainbow Dash and rolled his eyes as they began again. Rainbow Dash went along with them, going step by step throughout the routine, watching Soarin’s movements and patterns. The other Wonderbolts got it with ease while Rainbow Dash seemed to get stuck at the same part. They went over it for another hour as Rainbow Dash slowly got each part. Her agility was put to the test as the routine got more and more difficult. They turned in separate ways and separated. Spitfire, Soarin, High Winds and Rainbow Dash rose above the rest of the other Wonderbolts and closed in on each other, spinning in circular motions around each other. They got closer and closer until their tails touched each other’s noses and separated, they seemed to be falling back to the Wonderbolts below where they joined again. Each Wonderbolt had seemed to be running out of breath as the four joined the others below. Spitfire stopped and flew above the working pegasi.

"That's enough for today!" she shouted, stopping them from their routine. "we worked hard enough you all can go home," Rainbow Dash stopped and looked over to Soarin who waited for her in the center of the arena. She walked over to him, giving her wings a rest as he jolted his head towards the entrance. She walked over beside him where all she heard was the sound of his heavy breathing. He walked over to their stuff with her and picked up a small bag as Rainbow Dash bent over to grab her. He lifted his back hoof and whacked Rainbow Dash's back side as she bent over. She jolted her head up quickly turning to his and pulled him in for a long kiss. She laughed as he held her hips and dropped his bag to the floor. He smiled and rested his forehead on hers as she giggled.

"Come on Dash, let’s go get dinner or something," he quoted backing away from Rainbow Dash as he grabbed his bag of the floor. Rainbow Dash smiled as she flew out of the arena with Soarin. He grabbed her hoof and pulled her through Cloudsdale into the town. Each building sat on its large cloud, white and clean with small signs naming each one. Soarin pulled her into one of the larger buildings. Before she could read its sign Soarin already pulled her though the doors.

"I called up before about the table for two?" Soarin asked, approaching one of the colts. His coat was a dirty light blue color, his mane a lighter brown and his black mustache curled at each end. Soarin walked with rainbow Dash out the back door of the Restaurant to a balcony where a single table waited for them. Its darker blue tablecloth rested over the sides, beside two silver chairs with matching cushions. Celestia set the sun down over the horizon as Rainbow Dash and Soarin sat down. The sunset flared over to them as they lifted the menus.

"Soarin, this is so sweet, why did you do this?"

"Well, you had a tough past few weeks Dashie, you need a break," he quoted resting his elbows on the tablecloth.

"Awe Soarin, this is sweet," she smiled resting her elbows by his. She leaned over and pecked his lips as his eyes glittered.

"So, Dashie," he began leaning down to his bag under the table. As he went to open his mouth again, their waiter came over, his mane bright yellow and his body a dark brown, a white apron and black bow tie covered him as he handed them their water and bread.

"Anything you like on the menu?" he asked, holding his pen in his mouth and notepad in his hoof.

"I'd have the salad dandelion salad please," Rainbow Dash requested handing the menu to the waiter waiting for Soarin.

"I'll have the same please," Soarin quoted handing the waiter the menu. As the stallion walked away Rainbow Dash turned back to Soarin.

"As I was saying," he laughed, reaching back down to the bag. "So you know I love you to death Dashie, right?"

"Well, yea of course," Rainbow Dash got nervous as he lifted himself back up. He hid something behind his back as he sat back up. Rainbow Dash's heart raced herself as Soarin moved the box onto the table. Its black cube sat in front of her, she felt her heart beating and racing itself.

"Well Rainbow Dash,” he began leaning into her, his elbows on the table. "Open it Dashie, don't be scared." Rainbow Dash grabbed the box to reveal a pair of sapphire lightning bolt earrings and mane clip.

"Oh god Soarin, you terrified me, but they're so beautiful," she smiled, a small tear falling from her rose eyes.

"Not like you Dashie," he smiled, leaning in and kissing her.


In the next two weeks, Rainbow Dash had mastered the routine for the Gala and Rarity had finished all the dresses and suits, for the Wonderbolts and the girls. The gala was that night; The Wonderbolts practiced and perfected their routine over and over.

"Okay, everyone be at the castle in an hour in uniform, we will perform the routine once and then we go change into our formal wear and meet in the VIP section, okay?" Spitfire announced as the finished the routine again. The Wonderbolts flew from the arena without further instruction. Rainbow Dash watched as Soarin waited at the door for her. Spitfire flew in front of her to talk to Soarin before Rainbow Dash could open her mouth. Rainbow Dash ignored it and flew down to Rarity's Carousel Boutique where she burst through the doors.

"Rarity, are you done!?" She called through the boutique. Rarity flew back in shock as Rainbow Dash flew through the doors.

"Goodness Rainbow Dash!" she shouted, putting Rainbow Dash's dress in its box. "Yes and Twilight got all of us tickets for the Gala if you were wondering,"

"Oh god I'm sorry guys I forgot to get the tickets,"

"its fine we'll be there anyway so meet us there," Rarity began, handing her the box. "I must go get ready so I'll see you there."

"Yea me to, seeya," Rainbow Dash quoted, bolting through the door of the boutique. The wind blew through her mane as she past the few clouds in the sky. Cloudsdale rushed around as the minutes counted down until the Grand Galloping Gala. Many shops closed as Rainbow Dash past the to lead herself to her house. The door unlocked easily as Rainbow Dash approached it, throwing herself up the stairs. She flew into her dark purple bedroom, throwing the box onto her bed. Rainbow Dash grabbed her uniform from her closet and threw it to her bed as well as the box. She grabbed the earrings and headpiece Soarin got her and put them in the box with her dress.

Rainbow Dash had showered and placed her uniform on herself, hoping rarity would help her with her makeup and hair after their performance. She waited for Soarin on her front steps, holding the box in her hoofs. With a knock on her door she ran down, leaving the box on her back. She opened the door to Soarin, behind him, the large carriage carried all the Wonderbolts. He walked her off her property and into the carriage. Rainbow Dash sat beside him with the box in her hoofs. Soarin moved Rainbow Dash's mane behind her ear to look for the lightning bolt earrings and clip he gave her.

"Soarin, they're in the box," she smiled kissing his cheek.

"Just making sure Dashie, he smiled leaning his head on her shoulder. She kissed his forehead as Spitfire looked over to them. The Wonderbolts awed at the two as Rainbow Dash kissed his forehead. She simply smiled and leaned on Soarin.

Slowly, they approached the Castle, where Princess Celestia greeted her guests. The castle stood tall on the side of the mountain. It viewed all of Equestria from its point. A large path leads itself to the castle. Its gold, white and purple colors attracted the eyes as the stars reflected off it. Tower after tower stood tall and beautiful. The Wonderbolts stepped out of the carriage and walked down to the castle where Princess Celestia greeted them.

"Princess, it's an honor," they all quoted, bowing at her foot.

"Well Wonderbolts, I'd say the same, but you guys must perform in a few minutes or our guests." she smiled down at the Wonderbolts. "Now hurry, they are filling the arena now."

"Yes princess Celestia," they quoted, rushing off to the arena. Rainbow Dash's heart pounded in her chest as she ran beside Soarin. The castle walls decorated themselves with white,gold, silver and purple tiles and gems. They suddenly stopped, the doors to the arena stood ahead of them. They placed their boxes and formal wear on the outside of the door and walked in together as practiced. The crowd cheered and shouted their names. In first row; Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Apple Jack, Spike and Rarity waited for Rainbow Dash to perform. They circled up around the arena as practiced and waited for their horn to sound. The echoing of the horn rushed and they began. Circling the arena the Wonderbolts rode up the sides, rising as they went on,closing in on each other. Rainbow Dash Flew to the center with Soarin, Spitfire and High Winds.they sped up, circling each other with their tails touching each others noses. Below, the other Wonderbolts circled the arena. Rainbow Dash lead them all, raising above the arena with them. They closed in and suddenly, as planned, dropped down back to their spots from before. The Wonderbolts created a tornado- like structure with Rainbow dash above them all. She flew up to face the moon, and began dropping downwards. She felt her tears fly down her face as she sped up. She felt the wind wrap around her and the colors burst, she completed a Sonic Rainboom. Before the rainbow could ware off, she completed a heart above the arena. The other Wonderbolts circled it and flew threw it, Along with Soarin and Rainbow Dash. The crowd cheered and screamed as the routine continued. As the Wonderbolts lowered themselves back down to circle the arena once again, Soarin pulled Rainbow Dash back up to the fading hear, where he held her, and kissed her in front of all of Equestria to see.

They flew from the heart and out the doors of the arena as the crowd screamed and demanded more. Rainbow Dash landed on the tile floords infront of Soarin.

"What was that!?" she screamed as Soarin smiled.

"My addition to the routine," he smiled pulling her in. She pushed away as he went to kiss her.

"No Soarin, we weren't meant to do that. All of Equestria could hate me right now. We weren't allowed to tell anyone," She complained as the other Wonderbolts came in from the arena. Soarin lifted his head from the tile floor, only to watch Rainbow Dash run off with her dress.

As Rainbow Dash ran to the bathroom with her dress, she fell to the stall floor.She covered her rose colored eyes as tears trickled down her face. A firmilliar few voices echoed through the black and white bathroom.

"Rainbow Dash?" they called. Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy and Apple Jack.

"yea, she mumbled, coming out of the stall.

"That was amazing, especially the end!" they shouted, running towards her.

"Where is Pinkie Pie?" she asked as they approached her.

"With Spike in the dance hall,"

"Oh honey, you better let me do your makeup and hair," Rarity commented, pulling a bag from behind her. Each of their dresses customized their personalities. Fluttershy, covered from head peace to hoof in green ruffles. Her light pink hair in a messy bun, topped with a small white tiara. Her vest lay white and simple as her caps say with two different shades of green ruffles down to the tip of her tail. Apple Jack let the color blue and white compliment her. Her hat, no longer its light brown, but white topped her blonde braid. The vest was a light blue and white polo, a white collar with a black and gold bole tie.Her cape rested a simple, flat white color down to her hoofs. Twilight Sparkle had nearly the same dress from last year. The purple neck peace that wrapped around to the cape, its large poof rested a simple purple color with a few constellations near the bottom, not letting her hoofs or tail show. Rarity's dress was extravagant, as always. Her mane was straightened,yet still wavy, a mall white and purple tiara rested between her ears. The vest lay simple and white, but lead to a large red, glittering bow on her back. The cape lowered itself to her hoofs. Where small riffles made a triangular shape to her tail. with a single yellow rose near the tip. The entire dress, covered in glitter and simple detail.

Rainbow Dash sat as Rarity whipped her mane to the side, clipping it with the headpiece Soarin gave her. Rainbow Dash's dress, a near transparent purple color with few white stripes rested over her back and hoofs. A white neck peace with the same lightning bolt as her earrings rested on her chest and wrapped to the cape. rainbow Dash put in the earrings and looked into the mirror, where she let her eyes water up.

"Soarin had me make it like this," rarity stated as the other Ponies walked out of the bathroom.

"He did?" rainbow Dash asked, tying the laces of her wedges.

"He sure did, he loves you Rainbow dash,"

"I know," Rainbow Dash smiled, looking at the sapphire lightning bolts in the mirror.

Rainbow Dash searched for Soarin throughout the castle. She lead herself to the roof, where she found her prince charming awaiting her. His mane slicked forward and his suit a metallic silver rested over his back. His shoes lay the same color and shined in the stars. On his chest, the same sapphire lightning bolt rested.

"hello Beautiful," he quoted, waiting for Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash ran over, jumping on Soarin and kissing him. They seperated and looked over the land of Equestria together.

"Hey Soarin," she began, looking over at him. "i love you,"

"I love you too Dashie,"

Comments ( 16 )

So sorry I'm late, family emergancy today so i didnt get to work on it until late but it's here sorry for any typos or problems I'll edit it soon I'm sorry if i don't catch every typo or mistake i'm trying :heart::raritycry::derpytongue2:

Nice, but one question bacon?
wait a second make that two were did Pinkieeee... never mind.

1211130 i ment to add tat in ... thanks :raritydespair:

oh i rly love this story :rainbowkiss: so cute

but there were a few spelling errors..may want to fix that, just saying:yay:

ME GUSTA MUCHO!!!!! :rainbowkiss::pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss::pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss::pinkiehappy:............:moustache:

AMAZING!!!!:pinkiegasp: On one of the chapters You Should have Derpy In their :D P.S You deserve 3 Mustaches..:moustache::moustache::moustache:

you may want to read all 3 chapters over again there are several mistakes in grammar and spelling...other than that interesting story

this story is :rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2: out of :rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2:

I think that you should continue it until Soarin and Rainbow get married and have children... Otherwise, lovin it!:rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowlaugh::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

Look I know that the story is....its not like me saying something like this but its awesome and love this chapters pic:rainbowlaugh:

love all three chapters. But i'm dieing to see what happens next!!!!

That was awesome I love this story can,t wait for the next chapter.

THE FEELS!!!! ^///v\\\^

Awesome story!

PLS UPDATE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Login or register to comment