• Published 11th Sep 2020
  • 8,484 Views, 2,522 Comments

Hazy Days and Magical Ways - Dogger807



The Crusaders have finished their first semester at Hogwarts with the second about to start. The Weasley twins may be taking bets on how many professors take up heavy drinking by the end of the year.

  • ...
32
 2,522
 8,484

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31: Surrender Sacrifice and Shifting

In a poorly lit room, five men sat in stuffed chairs sipping from tumblers as they engaged in a conversation none of them were particularly eager to be part of. They were all members of the dark faction, something that was all but extinct. especially since all of the previous members of the Wizengamot who held that distinction were now either vacationing in Azkaban or more permanently indisposed. Those present were all inheritors or regents to the seats they now occupied. Although the mood in the air was particularly grim and drab, they had chosen colors for their aliases.

“The old ways are in danger of dying out,” grumbled Mr. White.

Mr. Green snorted. “That is an optimistic statement. They are all but dead already.”

Mr. Red agreed with a nod, “Respect for our traditions has disappeared overnight.”

“It is only a matter of time before they are forgotten,” noted Mr. Blue.

“And yet, I see no way to counter this travesty,” said Mr. Turquoise. He would have preferred to have either the name “Mr. Blue” or “Mr. Green”, but those had already been claimed, and “teal” just made him want to duck.

“It is insufferable,” said Mr. Red.

“And yet, we have not the power or influence needed to change the course currently laid out before us,” said Mr. Turquoise.

“We have become servants to the muggles,” Mr. White all but snarled. “It is an affront to magic itself.”

“That is an understatement,” Mr. Blue said. “The commoners have taken the jobs the muggles offer almost en masse. There is a looming worker shortage in Diagon Alley even as we speak.”

“I hadn’t noticed,” Mr. Green said.

“Any witch or wizard with even an ounce of competence has quit their job. They now find being tellers or salespeople to be beneath them.” Mr. Blue sneered. “The shops are now being tended by squibs.” He paused to take a sip from his glass. “I fear there may even be a muggle or two mixed in.”

“Have they no pride?” Mr. White asked. “Why would so many allow their careers to be usurped by lesser beings?”

“Pride, it would seem, can be measured in galleons,” Mr. Red said. “The muggles are willing to pay them more for far less effort, something about them being over qualified for the positions they had held.”

“So, we must suffer from inferior service as a result,” Mr. Blue observed. “I was forced to cast my own shrinking charm during my last visit.”

“That coupled with the gutting of the Ministry means that many of our people have migrated to working for the muggles.” Mr. Green surmised. “I see no way to contain the contamination.

“The common folk will not willingly go back to the way it should be,” Mr. Blue grumbled. “My own wife, against my wishes, has brought a telly into our home. From what little I could force myself to stomach of it, I can already tell you that the masses will not willingly forsake such a travesty.”

“When I was passing through the Leaky, I saw that they were showing the latest Quidditch match.” Mr. White conceded, “It is a damn sight more engaging than the wireless.”

“And yet, can they not see that such things do naught but spread the taint of muggles?” Mr. Turquoise asked.

“Muggles are much more competent than I previously gave them credit for,” Mr. Red said.

“Don’t be daft,” said Mr. White. “They are of no consequence. They bring down our society simply with their presence.”

“And yet, as much as we suffer from the contact, it would seem that those of lesser status find the new order benefits them,” Mr. Turquoise observed.

“Do they not realize it is only a matter of time before the persecution begins?” Mr. Green asked. “That is the way of muggles, after all.”

“We can only pray that it begins sooner rather than later,” Mr. Blue said wisely. “It is our only hope of returning things to the way they must be.”

“And yet, we can do naught but sit on our thumbs in the meantime,” stated Mr. Turquoise.


The light of the sun had not yet made an appearance when Sirius and Remus entered the kitchen. Both had taken pains to extract themselves from their own separate pony piles while avoiding waking any of their wives. The conversation they were about to have happened to be one over which they didn’t want to upset their mares. There were bound to be hurt feelings enough as it was. As luck would have it, the two elder Pies were already in the room. Cloudy was at the stove working on breakfast while her husband sat diligently at the table, keeping her company.

When the two younger stallions entered, Igneous Pie said. “Good tidings this morn. Well pleased are we to greet thee. Come sit, for thou hast the countenance of one who bears ill tidings, and we would hear what thou hast to reveal.”

“Good morning,” Sirius and Remus chorused as they found seats at the table.

“We need to talk to the both of you,” Sirius said bluntly.

“What concerns dost thou have?” Igneous asked as Cloudy left the stove to trot over to the table.

Remus sighed and was the first to speak. “The local town is dying.”

Sirius snorted. “That’s an understatement. The town is dead. The only ones left are the dead and dying.”

“We knowest whence thou speaks.” Igneous sighed. “Bountiful art the ponies who would leave never to grace these lands anon.”

Remus tapped his front hooves together nervously. “We don’t want to pour salt on fresh wounds, but have you considered that it might be time to relocate yourselves?”

“Thou wouldst have us abandon the lands of art forebears?” Cloudy asked. “Thou speaks the unthinkable.”

Sirius frowned but pressed forward. “I’ve glanced over the books with Maud and Limestone.” He grimaced at the memory. “It is apparent that they are doing more work for diminishing returns. Rock farming is all but obsolete. In another ten years, if not sooner, nobody will be able to make a living from this.”

“My sire and my sire’s sire hast fashioned respectable livings from this land,” Igneous said. “Times mayhaps be difficult, yet the tradition shall no doubt hold true.”

“You cannot eat tradition,” Remus said. “A complete collapse of the industry is imminent.”

“Yet still needs must we provide for family,” Igneous insisted.

“From what we’ve gathered, there won’t be a means to support even one pony if you continue on this course,” Remus said.

“Look,” Sirius interjected. “It’s not healthy to stay here. Marble and Limestone are both horribly socially inept, and you are only harming them by keeping them here.”

“Thusly come we to the heart of the matter,” Igneous said. “Thou dost seek to add our remaining offspring to thy own herds. Truth be told only contentment be found over such tidings.”

“Well . . .” Remus dithered. “That is . . .”

“We won’t deny being interested in Marble,” Sirius said. “But that’s not the point here. The point is, you are family, and the Blacks take care of family.”

“Thou wouldst take on such a burden?” Cloudy asked. “Think thou we hast no pride?”

“Pride goes before the fall. I myself am not unfamiliar with hard times,” Remus said. “Besides, it is not a burden.”

“Hypocrite much?” Sirius asked. “He is right, though; I have more money than I know what to do with, a problem that has only been growing with the recent revelation of the magical world.”

“Thou woust have us suckle at thy teat as a newborn foal dost its mother?” Igneous frowned.

“There’s that pride we were talking about,” Sirius said. “You’ve given your children all that you could; it is now time for us children to take care of you in return. A nice home in Ponyville, or wherever you choose, is in your future, as well as a modest stipend that will not leave you wanting.”

“We could not accept such charity.” Cloudy said.

Remus snorted. “What part of ‘family’ are you still too stubborn to accept? ‘Tis not charity. Please accept so that your daughters are secure in the knowledge that you shall be well cared for.”

Sirius shot Remus a wiry glance. “’Tis?”

“Not now, Padfoot.”

“We would beg for time to consider thy council,” Igneous said sorrowfully. “We are children of the land; leaving all that we hast known be not a light undertaking.”

“That is understandable,” Sirius replied. “I did something similar in my youth, and it proved to be the best thing to ever happen to me.” He took a deep breath. “Just accept that we are taking Marble and Limestone with us when we go, even if we have to tie them up and stuff them in Twilight’s trunk to do so.”

“Be that how thou dost acquire mares in thy homeland?” Cloudy asked.

Remus barked a laugh. “That would be a good way to get our bits hexed off if we tried.” In a serious tone, he continued. “Your daughters have chosen, and we all know this farm can no longer sustain them.”

“Thou dost force hooves to meet thy demands,” Igneous sighed.

“I don’t mean to be so rude.” Sirius shrugged. “Sometimes one has to be unpleasant to look after the welfare of those one cares about.”

“Wise words.” Cloudy said. “Unwelcome yet wise.”


So far so good. Well, truth be told, the situation wasn’t terrible, but it was a long way from being good. After all, she . . . he had a wand safely tucked under her right wing. Ineffective appendages that they were, at least they were useful for something. She . . . he had been in a much worse predicament when she had lacked any sort of body. She had one now; he was no longer just a passenger. It was a step in the right direction. Oh, how much she would love to crucio Quirrell for his monumental blunder. If only the fool hadn’t gotten himself killed in the process; it was a pity the resurrection had been beyond any means of which she . . . he was aware.

Now, all she had to do was gain access to one of her hidden treasure troves of ancient tomes. Surely there would be something in one of them that would allow her . . . him to return to an appropriate body. In fact, she . . . he had just the spell in mind, a soul transfer. She was positive she had skimmed a ritual that swapped the consciousnesses between two living, breathing bodies. That would be perfect. She would be human . . . and MALE again.

It would only take some effort and a modicum of planning. Then, his plans for the wizarding world would proceed as if they had never been interrupted. He was nothing if not patient, and that patience would pay off. Soon, all of his enemies would suffer. She would have her . . . his revenge! She just needed to get in contact with one of her loyal followers to set about the task of finding the right donor.

Until then, she was reduced to sulking around in this paltry form. She couldn’t even dare visit some of her old contacts in the area for fear of being rendered into potions ingredients. If only she had had the foresight to mark them, this would be so much easier. Maybe she should have held off on punishing the pink toad until after her . . . his plans were already in motion? No, that resolution could not have come quick enough. That had been well worth the increased difficulty.

And difficult it was. She had tried casting a disillusionment on herself . . . himself to no avail, a rude reminder of her diminished capacity, leaving no other option than sneaking her way to Albania the hard way. She would take advantage of the muggles and stow away on one of their trains. She . . . he just had to find one of their stations.

That is what led to his current situation of darting from shadow to shadow as the sun slowly rose. She would need to find a hiding place soon. The streets would be full of mongrels before too long, and she couldn’t risk being seen.

As if on cue a voice shouted out. “muhri! 'iinah muhr!” causing him to freeze and look around for the source.

She was more that a little angered when she realized it came from a previously unnoticed woman with an excited look on her face. What was even more unsettling was that the woman was pointing directly at her . . . him.

Oh. . . “iinah” must mean “pony”.


Hector couldn’t believe that school had been let out early. Apparently, a gas leak in the building was enough to accomplish that rarity. He did feel just a little sorry for his classmates who had to wait in the nearby church until one of their parents could come and collect them, but he, himself had an easy out. The look on his teacher’s face was priceless when he had summoned the large owl for a ride. After all, he was staying with the Apples until his mother came back from her trip.

Big Mac had, of course, been surprised when he had shown up ahead of schedule, but a quick explanation had laid any worries to rest. Having already been promised to be taken into town later after the local school was out, Hector first faced several hours of free time. It came as no surprise that Big Mac had allowed him to go outside to play in the snow. All was good.

Hector wondered if it was possible to build a snowman as a pony.


“Woof! Woof! Woof!”

Granny Smith smacked her lips and looked up at her grandcolt from where she had been napping in her rocker by the fire. “Did y’all warn Hector ta steer clear o’ Fluffy?”

“Nope.”

“I recon he won’t be missing out on any o’ his schoolin’ afta all,” Granny said, returning to her nap.


Cheerilee opened the door when she heard the, by now, familiar scratching. She didn’t bother to blink as she said, “Hello, you’re new.”

Hector stood, with his back to her, staring up at the monstrosity wearing a badge that declared its occupation. “Your truant officer is a three-headed dog,” he stated.

“Yes,” Cheerilee said. “He’s very effective.”

“I’d imagine so,” Hector agreed.

“May I have your name?” Cheerilee asked.

“Hector.”

“And why weren’t you at school, Hector?”

“They let us out early for repairs,” Hector said. “I have to go back tomorrow as usual.”

“I see.” Cheerilee nodded. “In that case, we’d be happy to have you join us for the remainder of the day.”

“I was kind of looking forward to building a snowfort with my free time, ma’am,” Hector remarked.

“You are welcome to try your hoof at playing dodge dog, if you prefer.”

Hector gave her a look

“There is one empty desk left in the back,” Cheerilee said. “After school lets out, I can talk to your family and explain everything.”

“I’m staying with the Apples for the week.”

“And they didn’t warn you about Fluffy?”

“In my experience, Big Mac is the forgetful type.” Hector sighed.

“That doesn’t seem like him.” Cheerilee fretted. “He’s not one to play jokes on ponies, either.”

“So . . .” Hector waffled. “How’d you manage to get that badge to stay on him like that?”

“One of the humans cast a sticking charm,” Cheerilee said, studying the colt. “I think you may be in shock.”

Hector frowned and pointed a hoof at Fluffy, who was sitting, wagging his tail happily.

“Yes,” Cheerilee said. “There really isn’t anything I can say to that, except that the novelty does wear off.”

“It leaves a lasting impression.”

“Yes, well . . . I do need to get back to my lesson. Will you be joining us or did you wish to try your luck?”

“That desk in the back?”

“If you wouldn’t mind.”

As Hector was walking by, Somnuther said, “I told you; you’d enjoy your first Fluffy ride.”

“I think I wet myself.” Hector muttered.

“You hear that?” a filly said from her desk, turning toward another filly. “Make another mark in the ‘wetting’ column.”

“On it,” said the second filly, pulling out a notebook. “Who picked Tuesday from 9:50 to 10:00 in this week’s pool?”


The visit was being cut short by harsh reality. Once the decision to leave had been reluctantly agreed upon by the elder ponies, Sirius and Remus pushed for everyone to be on the next train out of town.

“The train leaves in less than two hours.” Grace said. “We’ll never make it.”

“We have magic on our side.” Sirius said. “With the appropriate application of levitation, shrinking charms, and my wife’s trunk, we will have the house packed in no time.”

“I’ve got that covered.” Twilight enthusiastically said. “Everypony outside.”

More than a little confused, everyone trotted outside to see the magical display Twilight was sure to perform.

“Wouldn’t this be easier to do from the inside?” Remus asked once everypony was standing in front of the building.

“No. Why would you think so?” Twilight asked as she stared at the home they had just vacated. Her magic surrounded the entire structure, lifting it into the air.

“When I said pack the house, I didn’t mean the actual…” Sirius started.

There was a pop and the home took on the appearance of a dollhouse.

“Never mind, this works too.” Sirius finished as Twilight floated the Pie home into her open trunk.

“Holder’s Boulder.” Limestone said with a few tears in her eyes as she pointed at a large rock. “We can’t leave Holder’s Boulder.”

Twilight just levitated the formally large rock into the trunk soon after. A feat which earned her a grunt of acceptance from Limestone.

“This be sudden yet long coming.” Igneous said solemnly. “Let us be off fore emotion bear down our hooves.” He and his wife both had tears in their own eyes.

No words were spoken as their hooves carried them away from the site of their home for generations. With whimpers and tears, the Pie farm was abandoned.

Leading the procession, Pinkie had her head lowered and her hair wasn’t as curly as ponies may have come to expect. Suddenly her head shot up and her eyes went wide. “Wait! Did Rarity say ‘again’?”


There was a first time for everything. The pink pony child sitting in the chair was a first for the British Embassy in this particular country. She had been found roaming the streets in the early hours and the locals had been unsure what to do with her. They had only been too happy to foist the problem off on the first group that had the slightest hint of responsibility.

The man who had been chosen to ferret out the who what and wheres sat down opposite the sullen youngster and offered a smile. “So young lady.” He was certain the pony had growled under her breath at that. “Your presence here is a bit of a surprise. Don’t worry, you are not in trouble, but we are going to need you to answer some questions.”

The foal nodded shortly.

“To start with.” The man maintained his smile. “Could you tell us your name?”

The child locked eyes with him and seemed to consider the question for a minute. “Cozy Glow. My name is Cozy Glow.”


It was impossible to tell which of the women were more surprised to see the other when the elder of the two walked into her kitchen.

“Ruby.” The woman smiled as her daughter gaped, with a treat halfway to her mouth. “What are you doing home?”

The younger sighed before taking a bite from the chocolate chip delight in her hand. Instead of answering, she looked down at the table.

“Not talking and you’re raiding my stash of biscuits. Must be serious.”

“You’re home early,” Ruby stated.

“I’ve reached my quota of side alongs. Once I do that, I’m free for the rest of the day. Since they don’t want to stress our magic too much, they have charts depicting how much we are allowed to do based on distance, number of passengers, weight of passengers and other things.”

“Sounds like a cushy job,” Ruby said taking another bite. After swallowing, she continued. “Doesn’t seem like too much work, to be honest.”

“It’s not, and yet those in charge are ecstatic to have us. For the red priority apparitions, it is true that seventy two percent of the cases are already deceased by the time we get there. It’s the remainder that remind us of the good we are doing.”

Ruby grunted in acknowledgment.

“I’m getting good at making portkeys as well. I’m so glad they procured us all licenses.”

Ruby grunted again.

“I see the teenage angst is strong with you.”

“I am not being angsty,” Ruby protested.

“Your pout tells me otherwise.”

“I am not pouting!”

A raised eyebrow met the raised voice. “Why aren’t you at school?”

Ruby huffed. “I’m an adult. I can leave anytime I want to.”

“I cannot even begin to describe the irony of you uttering that statement right now.”

“Mum!”

“Point in case.” The woman smiled as she went over to the cupboard to retrieve a couple of glasses. “Are you just going to sit there and act like the world is ending, or are you going to tell me what’s wrong?”

Ruby took a last bite. “Torin broke up with me.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, dear. Breakups are never easy.”

Ruby grunted, while nodding in agreement.

“This may sound cliché, but you’ll get over it.” Ruby’s mother said as she poured some milk.

“He threw me aside for some ponies,” Ruby said bitterly.

The milk paused midway back to the icebox. “He did? Oh dear, I’m so sorry. I would never have thought him so shallow.”

Ruby continued nodding, “He had enough nerve to ask me to join his harem.”

“I know for a fact that ponies object to that word. Yanis has a brother who acquired a herd at that Ministry function. She simply adores her new sisters-in-law.”

“It’s the same thing,” Ruby grated.

“No, no they are not. The reason you object to the word “harem” is because historically, in those, the women belong to the man with no way out. Arguably, herds are the exact opposite. As I understand it, the men have the right to leave the herd any time they like, but that never happens.”

“To be fair, marriages in our world don’t give that much leeway,” Ruby said giving her mother a sideways glance. “How do you know so much about herds anyway?”

“Yanis has a lot to say on the subject. Her brother’s herd wants her to join them as soon as they can convince another man to join up. Apparently, a brother and sister in the same herd is not unheard of as long as there is another stallion involved whom the sister can play with.”

“I can’t picture Yanis playing with any man.” Ruby said.

Ruby’s mother gave a dry chuckle. “She is more than a little repressed. Remember, her parents had arranged a contract when she was young. The last war removed her parents as well as every member of the family she was to marry into. After spending a week cursed in a closet, her brother never attempted another marriage contract for her.”

“Yeah, I know.” Ruby nodded.

“She has had her eye on your father ever since I introduced them. I think being brought up to despise muggles is the only reason she didn’t make a play for him, herself. In fact, I have even asked her to help me give your father a birthday present or two, but her inner prude always raises its ugly head.”

“Mum!” Ruby gasped.

“Yanis and I have always been very close.”

Ruby stared at her mother wide eyed.

“She has been joking about me and Greg joining that herd with her.”

Ruby continued to stare.

“It suddenly occurs to me that there probably is very little joking involved.”

Ruby continued to stare.

“I’m going to talk to Greg and see what he thinks about it.”

Ruby continued to stare.

“No, forget that, we don’t need ponies to make a herd. I’m just going to drag Yanis in, kicking and screaming.”

Ruby continued to stare.

“Well, this conversation jumped the track . . . So, Torin went off for a kip and returned with a herd of his own?”

Ruby continued to stare.

Ruby’s mother placed a plate of biscuits as well as two glasses of milk down in front of her daughter. “Don’t look so shocked; you always knew Yanis and I were close.”

Ruby continued to stare.

“You said you were an adult; so, we are having an adult conversation.”

Ruby continued to stare.

“Don’t give me that look. You knew I had to have had sex at some point in my life. That is how you got here after all.”

Ruby continued to stare.

“I am just going to sit here and munch on a biscuit while you get your mind back in order.” One of the aforementioned treats disappeared from the plate.

After a bit, Ruby shook herself. “You and Aunt Yanis?”

Ruby’s mother nodded her head.

“I . . . Um . . . That is . . . I . . .” Ruby tried to speak.

“Are you going to need another minute?”

“No . . . Yes, I need another minute.”

“Have a biscuit.”

Ruby complied.

. . .

. . .

“How many times do I have to tell you, ‘have a biscuit’ doesn’t mean the entire plate?” Ruby’s mother sighed.

“Stress eating here . . . give me a break.”

“So, Torin found a herd?”

Ruby nodded. “Not so much found a herd, as being kidnapped and thrown at a bunch of ponies to pick one for himself.”

“What?” Ruby’s mother stopped mid-sip of milk. “From what I understood, kidnapping stallions is a very big no-no, as far as the ponies are concerned.”

“Turns out that Torin’s form is a really rare kind of pony that is on the brink of extinction.” Ruby said. “And you aren’t wrong about how they see kidnappings. The ponies who did it were more upset over it than Torin was.”

Ruby’s mother blinked slowly. “On the brink of extinction?”

The last biscuit disappeared from the plate. “Yes, bat ponies are really worried about their lack of genetic diversity.”

“You and Torin broke up because they want him to supply that diversity?”

“It may have had more to do with me following and hexing him and his kidnappers.”

“You hexed Torin?”

“He wanted me to join his harem.” Ruby seethed.

“You hexed Torin because he hurt your pride?”

“Mum, you don’t understand!”

“Then help me understand, because it sounds like you lost your temper on some people who are desperate enough to go against their own morals. So far it sounds like jealousy with a side of genocide to me.”

“Don’t tell me, you’re taking their side!” Ruby slammed her hands on the table and stood up.

“SIT DOWN! ACT LIKE AN ADULT!”

Having never been spoken to like that by her mother, Ruby did just that. Not for the first time that hour, she was left gaping.

The older woman pinched the bridge of her nose. “How many times have I told you? Your temper is going to get you in trouble one of these days. Where you got it from, I’ll never know. Neither your father nor I are anywhere near as volatile.”

Ruby bit her lip but remained quiet.

“The world. Our world, the muggle world, even the pony world, they are changing,” Ruby’s mother said. “If you think that there is a single wizard in your age range that won’t have a harem. Well, I didn’t raise you to be that foolish.”

“I don’t want to accept . . . ” Ruby started.

“Reality.” Ruby’s mother interrupted. “You don’t want to accept reality. You do realize your only other option is to marry a muggle, like I did. And Ruby, as much as I love your father, he is not aging at the same rate I am. People are already mistaking me for a trophy wife, not the partner who is a year older. One of these days, I am going to have to watch him die of old age. It is a waking nightmare I deal with every day.”

“Mum,” Ruby said.

“My path, My problem.” Ruby’s mother waved it off. “I do not lament my choice of love. It is mortality . . . But we are getting off topic. You are getting too old for me to tell you what to do. Whether you take my advice is up to you. Just remember, survival wipes laws and norms from the playing field. If you go against these rare ponies, expect to be crushed.”

“They won’t let me, let them win.” Ruby said. “They are dead set on me joining their harem. They even managed to get Torin talking to me again.”

“Herd. Let us at least use the right word.”

“I don’t have a clear path to a desirable outcome. Every choice I can make has its downside.” Ruby bit her lip.

“Welcome to adulthood.”

“Aren’t you supposed to tell me that I’m young and I can find someone else?”

“I’ve seen you and Torin together; felt your magic mingle. You aren’t going to be able to walk away from that,” Ruby’s mother said with way too much certainty.

“So, it’s the pony way for me? Just let them barge in and dictate how I’m to spend the rest of my life?”

“We make them eat meat. Compromises are being made all around. You are just concentrating on the sacrifice you are being asked to make,” Ruby’s mother said

“You really are on their side.”

“No, I am forever on your side. Even when you are in the wrong, I will support you. You are my daughter. That being said, I also wish to shield you from as much harm as possible. That includes heartache.”

“In the wrong? How am I in the wrong? They stepped in and ruined my perfect relationship.”

“No relationship is perfect.” Ruby’s mother said. “And, if as you say, survival is involved, traditional wrong no longer applies.”

“That’s the final word then?” Ruby huffed. “Give up and give in? I’d laugh, but it’s not very funny.”

Ruby’s mother sighed. “Sometimes, the final word can’t be funny.”

Bitterly, Ruby said, “Zugzwang.”

Author's Note:

Well, there we go, I finally surrendered and went with Cozy Glow. Ever since my original outline, Voldy was going to be a small pink female pony. Can you imagine my consternation when they introduced her? I can attest that there was some swearing on my part when I found out.

PreviousChapters Next