• Published 11th Sep 2020
  • 8,483 Views, 2,522 Comments

Hazy Days and Magical Ways - Dogger807



The Crusaders have finished their first semester at Hogwarts with the second about to start. The Weasley twins may be taking bets on how many professors take up heavy drinking by the end of the year.

  • ...
32
 2,522
 8,483

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 36: Slow Slothful Saturday

Author's Note:

No plot development to see here... Just some slice-of-life goodness.

It was quiet . . . too quiet. Grace couldn’t be happier. She knew that, by all rights, she should feel guilty about having fobbed off all of the children on the Apples. Strictly speaking, having the boys pop in unannounced had not been fair to either Big Macintosh or Granny Smith. However, Grace was sure that there were more than enough chores to let the boys work off their excess energy; after all free labour is free labour, no matter how you slice it.

Because the makers of mischief and mayhem had been banished, the occupants of stately Black Manor had been able to attend more mundane matters. Fluttershy had finally been able to put her new certification to the test as she had been summoned to placate the boggart in the basement. It had taken more than a little arm-twisting to convince the local chemist of the legitimacy of her license. It had taken practically turning him into a human pretzel to wrangle enough Fluoxetine to start an experimental series of treatments on the semi-corporeal magical being. Twilight was sure to get her report on the new therapy published in “Magical Maladies Monthly”.

The day had already settled back to routine when Owlowicious arrived just after lunch. As the bird landed on the back of a dining room chair, Twilight called out over her withers, “Grace! The colts are back!” She then turned to her pet. “Good to see you, Owlowicious. How are things going at the library?”

“Who,” said Owlowicious, nonchalantly.

“That’s good,” replied Twilight. “Is there anything that needs my attention?”

“Who.”

“Good. Good. And no pony is giving you a hard time, I hope.”

“Who.”

“That’s good as well. I suppose you’ve earned a bag of owl treats.”

“Who!”

“Or, maybe, half a bag. We wouldn’t want you getting fat or anything.”

“Who!” came the indignant reply.

“This is so surreal,” Grace said, entering the room. “I don’t think I’ll ever get over watching a purple unicorn having a casual conversation with her owl.”

“Who? Me?” Twilight looked up in surprise.

“Yes, you.” Grace smirked. “And you are even beginning to sound like your pet.”

Twilight shook her head before saying, “You should try it. Getting a pet might just be what you need.”

Grace snorted. “I have a boy. I’ll end up looking after whatever pet he may acquire.”

“You’re hoping it’ll be a dog. Aren’t you?”

“More than you can imagine,” Grace said. “If he brings home any snake, let alone a giant one, I don’t think I’ll be able to stop screaming.”

“I’m pretty sure Diamond Tiara’s pet is one-of-a-kind,” Twilight stated.

“Here’s hoping he doesn’t get creative, then,” Grace replied.

“Speaking of, shouldn’t you let his friends and him out of the pouch?”

“You haven’t already?”

“I figured you’d like the privilege.”

“You mean responsibility.”

“That, too.”

Grace smiled as she took out her wand. “What are you going to do when you have a boy of your own?”

“Panic,” Twilight said. “I’m pretty sure I’m going to do a lot of panicking -- probably some whimpering as well. I just hope he doesn’t need asbestos diapers, too.”

“At least you’re being honest about it,” Grace said placing her wand on the pouch. “Don’t worry; it really isn’t all that bad. Ex dimittere.”

The pouch made its usual sounds as it disgorged three boys and their equine accompaniment.

“How many foals is that?” Twilight asked, looking down from her chair.

“I know turnabout is fair play, but this is . . .” Grace started.

“About right.” Twilight finished for her. “I count four extra foals.”

“Oh, it’th the librarian,” Peppermint Twist said in recognition.

“He’s the one who carried us here; so, he shouldn’t be a surprise,” said Somnuther. “Perhaps we should be saying hello to the pony and the human.”

Startled, Grace said, “Wow! I never knew Bogart-Bacall Syndrome was real.” She then turned to Twilight. “You really have been slacking off at your job.”

“Who,” added Owlowicious as Twilight’s ears wilted.

“Are we really in the human world?” asked Crisp Lick.

“Yeah,” Hector confirmed.

“Eh, it’s not as exciting as ponyland,” Brad said with a shrug.

“Not true,” Wilbur countered. “We are in a magical house, remember?”

Yew Leaf shook herself before saying, “Magic, smagic. I want to see these lorries you were telling us about.”

Grace took a deep breath before saying, “Hector, I see you brought some more friends. Perhaps you’d like to introduce them?”

“Oh,” Hector said with a blush. “This here is Yew Leaf and Peppermint Twist. They are part of Cheerilee’s class.”

“Actually, I came to thee Apple Bloom and the girlth,” Peppermint Twist admitted. “I haven’t talked to them in a while; thought I’d take the opportunity.”

“I’m sorry Twist,” Twilight said. “They are at their school, which is quite a way away. You won’t be able . . . You know what? We can take the floo. I’m sure Professor McGonagall won’t begrudge you a weekend visit.”

Peppermint beamed at the indulgence.

“And this is Crisp Lick and her brother Somnuther. I’ve told you about them.” Hector finished his introductions.

“Yes, I’ve exchanged a letter or two with their mother,” Grace said with a smile. “How is she, by the way?”

“Busy,” Somnuther said.

“Cherry Berry has purchased her new broom,” Crisp Lick added. “Mom says there are some serious discussions to be had there.”

“Which is why she didn’t make too much of a fuss when we asked to go with Hector,” Somnuther finished.

Twilight said, “Hector, why don’t you show them the house? I need to write a letter to send back with Owlowiscious. Afterward, I’ll take Twist to Hogwarts, but it will take a bit of time.”

“Okay,” Hector said cheerfully. “Come on, guys; follow me!” With those words he led the children from the room.

After they had left earshot, Twilight asked Grace, “Sooooo, how does it feel to meet your future daughter-in-law.”

Grace chuckled. “You are seeing things that aren’t there.” She asserted, “They are too young to be thinking along those lines.”

“Maybe,” Twilight said, “but that filly has marked her territory. It will only be a matter of time.”

“Marked her territory?” Grace smirked. “What’d she do? Pee on my son?”

“Fillies aren’t that kind of catty, but she has marked her territory.”

“Don’t be silly,” Grace replied. “Like I said, they are too young.”

“It’s like Nymphadora with Gordon,” Twilight insisted. “That filly has marked her territory.”

Grace blinked at Twilight a few times. “You’re serious.”

“Ignoring the typical pun, yes, I am,” Twilight said. “You didn’t think Pleasant Thoughts started writing you just because she wanted a pen pal?”

“That’s absurd. They are too young.”

“And that filly has marked her territory.”

“You keep saying that,” Grace said exasperatedly.

“Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you,” Twilight returned.

“And I still say you are being silly. They could find someone else.”

“Bigger herd that way,” Twilight agreed.

Grace sputtered, unable to find words.

“A blind mare would walk up to Hector, and she would say, ‘This colt has been marked.’” Twilight told Grace.

“They are too young,” Grace insisted.

“They are.” Twilight nodded. “Nothing inappropriate is going to happen anytime soon, but that filly has marked her territory.”

“Is that normal for ponies?”

“A filly doesn’t usually get this lucky that early,” Twilight said. “But it is not unheard of.”

“I don’t believe you.” Grace actually stomped a foot. “Like I said, you’re just see . . .”

That’s as far as she got before a shrill scream shook the house.

“And . . .” Twilight said, “. . . they made a beeline right for the boggart.”

“Fluttershy is going to be so upset.” Grace sighed.


Sirius and Remus were the first to arrive in the basement and were amused to find the children confronting a very large snake.

“So,” Remus asked, putting his wand away, “whose biggest fear is Diamond Tiara’s pet?”

Three foals lifted their hooves in acknowledgement.

“Eh,” Twist said. “He’th nowhere near as big ath the original.” She turned toward Hector. “I thought you thaid thith would be tharry.”

“He did scream,” Hector retorted. “I’ll wager he took a fright at the very least.”

“I’m scared,” Yew Leaf said. “Does that count?”

“You’re not running away in terror,” Nissy said, entering the room. “It’s obvious that you’ve been spending a lot of time in Ponyville.”

“Is it possible for a boggart to have a nervous breakdown?” Sirius asked Remus as he studied the shaking, large pseudo-reptile.

“I have the feeling we are about to find out.” Remus shrugged. “For a house with a boggart, Riddikulus gets remarkably little use around here.”

“Why’s he so small?” Bella asked as she sauntered in.

“I guess he does have his limits.” Remus shrugged.

“Since when is an elephant-sized snake considered small?” Geoffrey asked. “That’s a big snake.”

“That’s not a big snake,” Crisp Lick countered. “Diamond Tiara has a big snake.”

“Crocodile Dundee flashback anyone?” Bella asked her second question.

“You’ve been watching too many of Ted’s videos,” Sirius noted.

“I can’t believe the children are still harassing the boggart,” Nissy said.

“I can’t believe the children are capable of harassing the boggart,” Alice Longbottom noted as she arrived.

The large snake whimpered piteously at being ignored.

“I sent Owlowicious for Fluttershy,” Twilight said as she put in an appearance. “It shouldn’t be too long before she comes a-flapping.”

“I’ve got to say,” Ted said when he arrived to observe the boggart, “whatever she got from the chemist is doing something. He hasn’t fled back into his hidey hole yet.”

“How do we know he’s a he?” Bella asked.

“I don’t know,” Nissy said. “How do you tell the gender of a boggart?”

“Do they even have genders?” Remus added.

“Eh, this is getting boring,” Hector said. “Come on; I’ll show you the potion’s lab.” With that, he and the rest of the children left.

“Is that safe?” Ted asked as he watched them leave.

“Should be,” Twilight answered with a shrug. “It’s not like Sweetie Belle is in there or anything.”


It was a dank, slimy recess of the castle where the small, white, well, at the moment, mostly white, unicorn sneezed suddenly.

“You okay?” Parvati asked in response to the sudden noise.

“Yeah, just got something in my nose for a second there,” Sweetie Belle replied. “Hoof me the pipe wrench, and we’ll be cooking with gas.”


“Twist!” Twilight yelled from her spot standing next to the fireplace. “Come along; it’s time to go!”

“You’ve got the yelling at children in the next room aspect of parenting down pat,” Grace commented, also in her unicorn form.

“I’ve had good role models,” Twilight said. There came the sounds of hooves on wooden flooring completely masking those of small human feet.

“Already?” Wilbur asked as almost every child in the house came to see one of their own off. “Are we losing one of our little ponies so soon?”

“I’ll have her back by supper,” Twilight promised.

Meanwhile, Grace was looking back and forth between Crisp Lick and her son. After a few rotations she turned to look at Twilight while pointing a hoof at the pair. “Ah?” she asked.

“Oh.” Twilight looked at the other mare, prancing in place. “You can sense it now! Wow! This opens a whole new level of understanding! Do you have to be a pony to see it? Or now that you’ve seen it, will you be able to while human? Don’t tell them; they haven’t figured it out yet. Statistically, it’ll be years! Isn’t it wonderful? There really hasn’t been a way to measure it before; it’s always just been there, but with the unique perspective of an unaffiliated species perhaps we can finally quantify a qualitative quality. “

“Ah!” Grace interrupted, stabbing her hoof at the pair for emphasis.

“Oh, just look at them and smile knowingly.” Twilight waved a dismissive hoof.

“You do realize how disruptive this is to my entire world view?” Grace demanded in a voice somewhat higher than her norm. Numbly, she looked back at the pair and said, “Take my hand. What’s done cannot be undone.”

“What are you talking about?” Both Crisp Lick and Hector asked simultaneously.

“Nothing,” the mares in the room responded in kind.

“I just need to go have a lie down,” Grace muttered. “To bed, to bed. What’s done cannot be undone. To bed, to bed, to bed.”

“This is no time to quote Shakespeare,” Twilight protested. “We need to take you to my lab and make a full body scan – with probes, plenty of probes!”

“No,” Grace said firmly.

“This is an opportunity that has never been recorded.”

“No,” Grace repeated.

“Just think of the possibilities! You’ll become the harbinger of har . . .”

“You were taking twist to see the Crusaders.” Grace reminded her.

“For science! For equanity!” Twilight rallied.

“You promised,” Grace countered.

“But . . .” Twilight wilted. “Science!”

“Floo. Now!” Grace commanded

“All right,” Twilight griped as she floated the required measure of powder into the flames. “Three Broomsticks,” she called out. When the flames turned green, she addressed Peppermint Twist. “Why don’t you go first?”

“Go firtht?” Peppermint asked.

“She wants you to walk into the fire,” Hector said with a grin.

“The wanthth me to do what!!!???” The last word was said three or four, maybe five octaves higher than the rest. And the word “screeched” wouldn’t be out of place substituting for the word “said”.

“Hurry now,” Twilight said as a magenta hue surrounded Peppermint, hefting her in the required direction. “We wouldn’t want to waste the powder.”

“No!!!!!!” Peppermint protested just before the flames flared up; a second later they returned to normal, sans pony.

“Twilight,” Grace scolded, “that wasn’t very nice.”

“What?” Twilight asked. “She’ll be perfectly fine.”

“’Traumatized’ is the word you are looking for,” Grace said. “She’ll be perfectly traumatized.”

“I guess that was a bit mean,” Twilight admitted. “I should probably go and apologize.”

“You think?” Grace narrowed her eyes at the other mare.

“Okay. Okay. That was wrong,” Twilight admitted. “In my defense, I may be associating with too many pranksters as of late. I’m sure that will get voted as ‘harmless fun’ by the members of this household if push comes to shove.”

“You are learning some bad habits,” Grace sighed.

“What happened to Peppermint?” Crisp Lick asked, sitting on her haunches with her eyes open wide.

“She just took the floo,” Hector said. “It’s how wizards get around. It is perfectly safe . . .”

“. . . if not traumatizing,” Grace said. “Especially when no warning is given.”

“I said I was sorry,” Twilight said as she levitated another measure of powder into the flames. “Three Broomsticks!”

“No, you haven’t,” Grace scolded. “And you should be telling Peppermint that, anyways.”

Twilight only nodded as she cantered toward the green flames. When she got close, the flames blazed purple, and she was pushed back by some unseen force. “What?” Twilight gasped, now on her own haunches as words of fire resolved themselves in the hearth.

“An individual significantly along in her pregnancy has attempted the use of this system. This action is ill-advised due to the complications it may induce. We suggest the Knight Bus as an alternative method of transportation. Congratulations, mother to be. If that was supposed to be a secret, oops!”

“The Knight Bus?” Twilight exploded. “Are they nuts?”


The laughter was still going strong when Madam Rosmerta approached the pony who had come to a skidding halt on her common room floor. “Are you all right dear?” she asked with mirth in her own voice.

“Wha juth happened?”

“Your first trip through the floo, I’d wager.” With her wand, Madam Rosmerta targeted the trail of urine leading from the fireplace. “Scourgify.”

The pony seemed to consider those words for a second. “Thloo?”

“No, dear; floo.”

“Thath what I thaid.”

“Sorry dear.” Madam Rosmerta put her wand away. “Shouldn’t you be in school? It’s not a weekend where we are expecting students.”

“I came to vithit the cruthaderth,” Peppermint Twist said. “Twilight ith taking me to thee them.”

“She should be along shortly then.” Madam Rosmerta nodded. “Now stand up; I’d like to clean your underside as well. You don’t want to stain that pretty fur of yours.”

“Thorry.”

“Scourgify.”

“Give the lass a butterbeer,” one of the patrons who had managed to stop laughing called out. “On my tab. Fair exchange for the entertainment, I’d say. Besides, it’d be a good idea to replace some of the liquids she just lost.”

This brought another round of merriment from those watching the exchange.

“I don’t think I like the entertainment around here.” Peppermint cringed.

“Watching others have their first go at the floo is always good for a laugh,” Madam Rosmerta said as she went to draw a mug of butterbeer. “Rare though it may be. And the lot of you need to stop picking on poor children.”

“I can’t thay I thee the appeal,” Peppermint said, trotting behind the tall human.

“On the stool with you now,” Madam Rosmerta admonished. “Can’t have you behind the counter.”

Hopping up onto the proffered furniture, Peppermint asked, “How long until Twilight geth here?”

“I’m surprise she isn’t here already,” Madam Rosmerta said. “I’d guess she mispronounced her destination. Not to worry; she should be along soon enough.”

“You don’t suppose ponies are as bad as house elves when it comes to butterbeer?” a customer mused as Rosmerta placed a mug in front of the small occupant of the stool.

“We’re about to find out,” replied another.

“I wouldn’t be giving it to her if they were,” Madam Rosmerta said. “I’ve managed some gossip with Tom. They love the stuff; it’s mead and cider you have to watch them around. Especially the cider, so I hear.”

“And mangos,” offered the customer who had put Peppermint’s drink on his tab. “I hear they go crazy over mangos.”

“That’s only those bat-shaped ones,” another patron countered. “I wouldn’t advise getting between them and one of those muggle mango-flavored smoothies.” He winced to show that this tidbit of knowledge came from personal experience.

“Thith ith good,” Peppermint said with foam on her muzzle.

“You’re not going to attack anyone to get a bottle?” the patron with batpony experience asked.

“Why would I do that?”

“There are reasons the words ‘Oops. I dropped my mango’ are banned in Diagon Alley. Some blokes were having a spot of sport with that one.”

“Couldn’t have been that bad,” Madam Rosmerta tsked.

“Turns out, them teeth ain’t just for show. Had some worrying that we just found out how vampires originated.”

“Serves ‘em right,” said a patron.

Whatever he might have added was cut off as Twilight appeared in a flash of light. “That takes care of that,” she said as the room stared at the now-present unicorn.

“Did you just apparate through my wards?” Madam Rosmerta asked.

“Teleported,” Twilight corrected as the pub owner scowled at the reply.

“What took you tho long?” Peppermint asked with her muzzle half buried in her mug.

“The floo wouldn’t let me use it since I’m pregnant,” Twilight said, annoyed.

“You apparated while pregnant?” Madam Rosmerta snarled. “Are you trying to splinch your baby?”

“Teleported,” Twilight corrected.

“Mark, floo St. Mungo’s and have them send a splinching expert on the double,” Madam Rosmerta snapped at the patron who had bought Peppermint her drink.

“There’s no need. Like I said, I teleported, not apparated.”

“Now, Mark!” Madam Rosmerta commanded when the wizard in question hadn’t yet gotten to his feet.

“That really isn’t necessary. You can’t splinch when you teleport,” Twilight protested.

“Are you a healer?”

“Well, no.”

“Mark, if I don’t see your head in the floo in the next three seconds, you can expect reductos in your general direction,” Madam Rosmerta informed the wizard.

“Right, right.” The wizard made a dash for the fireplace.


“Thath a big human,” Peppermint whispered to her chaperone as the pair of ponies followed Hagrid through the halls of Hogwarts. “Not ath big ath Diamond’th pet, but thill big.”

“I swear, you mention that snake every other sentence,” Twilight returned.

“Have you theen him? If you have, then you know he ith worth mentioning every other thentanth.”

“I can’t argue with you there,” Twilight admitted as they came upon another human in the hallways.

“Professor,” Hagrid greeted. “Dun mind us now; Lady Black has brought a guest fer the first-years. Seeing how it’s the weekend, I thought I’d jus’ show them along meself.”

“Twilight.” The human turned and nodded at the unicorn mare. “I hope you haven’t brought a new Crusader to fill their ranks.”

“Peppermint Twist isn’t as rambunctious as the girls,” Twilight said. “But she is a good friend. How are Applejack and Zecora?”

“They are doing fine,” the human replied, nodding toward Peppermint. “I am sure you’ll want to have a get-together of your own once she is with her friends.”

“That would be perfect.” Twilight beamed. “Thank you.”

“I’ll never understand how someone as cultured as you could be interested in the mutt,” the human commented.

“I wish the two of you would let bygones be bygones,” Twilight huffed. “By the way, ‘cultured’ is a word best left to describe Rarity.”

“Perhaps, but I do not find you uncouth, despite your lack of taste.”

Twilight sighed. “You realize we are going to take Dan’s advice and lock the two of you in a small room for a weekend without your wands.”

“That would be ill-advised.” The human actually snarled a little with those words.

“You are leaving us few options . . .” Twilight countered. “. . . you and Sirius both.”

“I fail to see why you continue to make the effort along these lines.”

“Even if you weren’t married to Applejack and Zecora, it would still be my duty to show you the value of friendship.” Twilight gave him a smile. “Despite how grumpy you portray yourself, don’t think I can’t see the progress you’ve made.”

“I may have to rescind my words over you not being uncouth.”

“I love you, too.”

The human sighed. “Once more, I shall tell you in no uncertain terms, we are not combining herds. It is bad enough that Limestone has all but wormed her way into the one I am currently a member of.”

“Good; you can be grumpy together.” Twilight smirked.

The human smiled slightly. “I cannot say that I find the inevitability an unpleasant thought.”

“I can’t wait to tell Applejack you said that,” Twilight squealed happily.

“Please don’t,” the human said. “She does not require the ammunition.”

“Professor Snape! Professor Snape!” The pair were interrupted by an older human filly hurrying down the hall. “You must come quickly! They need your help prying ponies out of the plumbing!”

“Will the wonders never cease?” Professor Snape asked as he followed the retreating form of the schoolfilly.

“Come on,” Twilight said over her shoulder as she fell in line. “The Crusaders are this way.”

“I could have gueththed that for mythelf,” Peppermint Twist commented as she dogged their heels.


“Well?” Sirius asked when Grace trotted into the study.

“Fluttershy says he needs to be exposed to some fear to boost his confidence,” Grace said. “Apparently the lack is not normal and is very harmful to his self-image.”

“I could have told you that,” Remus said.

“Oooo! Oooo!” Pinkie said, bouncing on the couch, having returned from the bakery not too long ago. “Idea!”


“An’ this here is the bathroom,” Apple Bloom said sweeping her hoof widely.

“Our current destination,” The not-so-bright orange unicorn filly filled in for her.

“That’th a nith tub,” Peppermint Twist said with admiration. “I can’t wait to take a bath.”

“You and me both,” the blue pegasus filly said. “Whose idea was this, anyway?”

“We did manage to retrieve what we were after,” the grey bat pony filly said dreamily.

“And were promptly shown that a summoning charm would have been a better choice,” countered the pink, er, fuchsia when not covered in slime, pegasus colt.

“We are going to have to change the water like three or four times,” whined the mini and female incarnation of Big Mac.

“I’ll jutht wait until the water ith clearer before I join you,” Peppermint said, happy that her friends hadn’t changed too much.


The troops were lined up for some special last-minute training. If the truth were told, the screams of terror coming from the tent were unnerving, to say the least.

Unceremoniously, the latest batch were ushered from the pavilion, and those in line could tell that there was more than a little haste in their hooves as they did so. They assembled in a huddled group as they waited their assessment.

“Creepy crawleys! The creepy crawleys!” the biggest mare of the group suddenly broke out when the silence was too much for her.

This proved too much for one of her squad mates, who promptly fell on the ground, howling with laughter. “I can’t believe it,” he managed to get out between guffaws. “Big bad Battle Axe is frightened of spiders.”

“There were so many of them!” the afflicted mare protested, still shaking where she stood.

“Spiders!” cried out the stallion rolling on the ground.

“Oh, be quiet, Mr. I Flee at the Sight of Puppies,” another member of the squad said.

“You be quiet. You’re just lucky it couldn’t do a creditable impression of the snake.”

“Are you telling me that isn’t a reasonable fear?”

“Fall in!” their sergeant called out, trotting up to stand in front of their formation. “Overall, I am not too disappointed in your showing.” Some of the ponies stood straighter at the praise. “Black Luck, you only took three steps back before you found your spine. Good job.”

“Thank you, sergeant,” Black Luck barked. “That was uncanny, sergeant.”

“It is an experience,” the sergeant said. “It is great training, and the Element of Kindness says it is doing wonders for her friend.”

“All things considered; I have to wonder how she manages to hold onto the title of Element of Kindness,” one of the squad called out.

“I’m pretty sure she’s being kind to the boggart.” The sergeant said. “Be grateful she provided such a unique and useful training aide. Besides, we now have an explanation as to why Battle Axe was screaming in the shower that one time.”

“Stuff it, Sarge; they have way too many legs to be natural.”

“Also,” the sergeant continued as if Battle Axe hadn’t spoken, “Puppybane, I would not have placed bits on you being able to hit that note.”

“They have teeth, Sarge, pointy little teeth.”

“Back in line,” the sergeant barked. “I won’t have the officers saying that a little fear is enough to keep this company down.”

“Yes, Sergeant!” the ponies called out, though it was obvious they were less than enthusiastic to obey.

As they awaited their turn, Bitter Ring looked at the pony standing next to her. “This does not bode well.”

A blood-curdling scream followed by a muffled thud grabbed the sergeant’s attention. “What? Nopony is supposed to be in there!”

He galloped to the tent and threw back the door flap. The victim lay on the ground twitching as the others in the tent looked on guiltily. The sergeant groaned. “Which idiot let the field trip from Ponyville in here?”

PreviousChapters Next