• Published 11th Aug 2020
  • 1,605 Views, 2 Comments

More Than Friends - RebelRose



The Ponyville grand festival is coming up and Rainbow Dash wants to ask Applejack to be her date

  • ...
3
 2
 1,605

The Ponyville Grand Festival

Ever since I moved to Ponyville I have had the biggest crush on Applejack. The day before the Ponyville Grand Festival I was totally freaking out.

"Applejack, will you join me at the festival.... No that's dumb i should just play it cool." I just didn't know how to get the words together. Every time I tried to ask her out I would get nervous and chicken out.

I know, ME the famous Rainbow Dash, the coolest Wonderbolt and the best element of harmony. Its just every time I looked at AJ my heart started beating a million miles an hour and I couldn't speak. She's just so darn cute I cant help but feel light as a feather around her.

I kept practicing how I was gonna ask her "Hey, AJ, heard you were gonna be at the festival tomorrow. I was thinking about dropping by and it would be cool if you joined me.... Hmm she might think I'm being too aloof if I say it like that."

"I just need to go up to her and ask, simple right? Oh Celestia how am I gonna do this. Oh jeez look at the time if I don't go talk to her now I'm gonna lose my chance."

As I flew to Sweet Apple Acres I couldn't help but wonder if she didn't like me back. I Just wanted her to like me in the same way as i like her.

When I finally got to the farm I saw Big Mac outside unloading the cart from the market. I could smell the pies Sugar Belle was making for the festival. Big mac looked at me as i landed with a huff. "Hey, Big Mac, you seen AJ around?"

He pointed over to the west orchard. "Eeyup." before he was even halfway done with his eeyup I had already took off in the direction he pointed.

"Thanks." I called back.

I found Applejack with a cart strapped to her with a few barrels of apples in it from the days bucking. I loved watching her work, she was so cute in her work attire I wanted to kiss her right there.

"Well I'll be darned, what brings you round here at this hour Dash?"

"Uhh hey, AJ, I umm. Well ya see." My tongue kept getting twisted up in my mouth.

"What's up Dash, you got somethin ya wanna ask me?" I had no idea how she was able to read me so well.

"Yeah, well i was wondering umm. Are you going to the festival tomorrow?"

She took off her harness and grabbed an empty barrel. "Course I am, the whole town is gonna be there. Why ya ask?"

"Well umm I was wondering if you umm, wanted to go together."

She stared at me for a moment. "I thought all of us were gonna do that anyways like we do every year." I looked down, this was it i was finally going to reveal my feelings to her. Why was this so hard, it should have been simple.

"No what I mean is like, do you want to go like, together just me and you?"

She stopped bucking and looked at me confused. "I don't know what ya mean."

I took a long deep breath. "Look, AJ, I really like you and when I'm around you I get this constant feeling of butterflies. I have had a crush on you since I moved here and I cant help but want to kiss you and spend all my free time with you. I want you to be my date for the festival. So if you wanted to maybe we could go together as more than friends."

I hadn't realized i was closing my eyes until i felt a hoof on my muzzle. I opened them and saw Applejack looking right at me. "Hush now, Sugarcube." She looked right into my eyes, hers were kind and strong I could spend years getting lost in those green wonders.

"AJ, I...." I was cut off by a sudden pressure against my lips. Applejack was... kissing me. I couldn't believe it, I had spent so much time fantasizing about this moment about how cool I'd look when I stole her first kiss, only to have her steal mine.

I took a moment to feel her presence, her soft lips pressing against mine the sweat from the days work flowing down her face. I could smell the apple scented shampoo she used in her mane and I could taste the apple flavored lip balm she used. All my senses were in overdrive from this one kiss i just wanted it to last forever. I was almost sad when she pulled away.

"That was... wow AJ." She blushed and turned away.

"Sorry you were just sayin all those wonderful things an I couldn't help myself." I stared at her and did the only thing i could think to do in the situation, I wrapped my forelegs around her neck and kissed her back. Another overload exploded my senses I couldn't think of anything but the mare I had in my grasp at that moment.

That kiss felt like it lasted for hours, the wind rustled the leaves of the orchard. It was cold, but I wasn't chilly. Applejack being there was all the warmth I needed. I pulled away reluctantly not wanting to let her go. "So is that a yes?" I already knew the answer but i wanted to hear it from her.

"Well I didn't kiss ya to say no, that would be silly." The weariness from the days work seemed to have melted away Applejack almost seemed ready to buck a hundred more trees.

She strapped her harness back on and headed back towards the farm. "C'mon lets go tell Big mac and Sugar Belle the news and then YOU gotta get some sleep for your show tomorrow." She pointed at me as she emphasized the you.

"Oh my Celestia, my show I can't believe i forgot." I had completely forgotten about my airshow for the festival the next day. I was so caught up with finally asking out Applejack that it had completely slipped my mind.

"What am I gonna do with you, Sugarcube." Applejack teased.

"I dunno but you agreed to go out with me so no turning back now." She laughed and nuzzled me. I wrapped my wing around her and we headed for the farm.

*****

The next morning I woke up on Applejack's couch, she had refused to let me go home in the dark and insisted I stay the night. When we told Big Mac we were together now he just nodded like he knew we were going to get together all along. Sugar Belle congratulated us and gave AJ and I huge hugs.

When I woke up I noticed Applejack in the kitchen cooking breakfast, I decided I'd try and surprise her. I snuck up behind her but before I could scare her she wheeled around and planted a huge kiss on me. I wont lie it was amazing but I was a little annoyed that I wasn't able to scare her.

"You're gonna have to be less obvious next time if you wanna scare me darlin. I could hear you wakin up, now eat your breakfast." She had made pancakes and oats, and squeezed fresh apple juice. Something about sharing this breakfast with Applejack made it taste even better.

"You ready for the festival, AJ?" She looked at me and smiled, her eyes making me melt all over again.

"Course I am, you're the one who needs to be ready. I'm gonna sit in the front row for your show and be cheerin ya on the entire time. You gotta get goin soon don'tcha?" I looked at the clock and frowned, It was almost time for me to be at the field for practice. "I still have some time, I want to spend as much of it as I can with you."

She wrapped a hoof around my neck and kissed me again, her mane splashing across my face. I closed my eyes and brought her closer to me. Every time we kissed was more amazing than the last. The way AJ made me feel, I knew she would be the pony I had to spend my life with. I didn't want to mess anything up so I told myself we would go at her pace, however fast or slow that was.

Applejack looked at me again. "You have no idea how long I been waitin for you to get the courage to ask me." As I looked into her eyes, they shone with such fire, the reason i fell in love with her. She has always been strong, always trying to show me up. I never realized that her spirit was so fiery until she challenged me to the race at the running of the leaves. I kissed her again and looked around the farmhouse that she grew up in. It felt very lived in, not like my cloud house. It was the type of place one could raise a family.

As I walked out the door I looked back at Applejack. I had a marefriend and she was the most beautiful mare in all of Ponyville. I better not let Rarity hear me say that she would kill me. And as I flew to the practice field my only thoughts were on AJ. She was my reason for being here, she was my anchor. The mare waiting for me at that little farm was the love of my life, and I loved her with all my soul.

Comments ( 2 )

This was a nice bite-sized read. ^^

Real cute little getting-together fic you've got here! Applejack-who-acts-oblivious-but-reads-Rainbow-like-a-book is a classic, but it never gets old. Thank you for writing this! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment