• Published 23rd Aug 2012
  • 7,003 Views, 102 Comments

Magic Wands and Hourglasses: A Time Turner's Adventures Story - Whammy



Fleeing from Ponyville, Trixie encounters an odd stallion who begins to restore her confidence.

  • ...
3
 102
 7,003

The Greatest Show - End

Several Years Earlier

“What does he know anyway? He trained me, he knows what Trixie can do. Probably just scared Trixie will be so amazing that they’ll replace all of his shows with her own,” Trixie said as fidgeted with the blue broach that was serving as a clasp for her navy blue cloak.

Even though he had finally agreed to let her do a show, the whole fight still bothered. As far as she was concerned, her reason was probably the correct one. Why else would her mentor be so hesitant to actually let her perform on her own? If her routines were perfect, if she was the best that he had ever seen or taught, then that had to be the only reasonable explanation for his objections. Well, she would show him a thing or two. That list of tricks he gave her? She’d nail every single one, and when he started making up a schedule for her shows, she’d argue for his spot. Only the best times would do for the…

-----

Present Day

“Mares and gentlecolts, but your hooves together for Big Top Circus’s newest magician, The Great and Powerful Trixie!” the announcer shouted as Trixie was woken from her little flashback.

Taking a moment to get her bearings, Trixie made sure she was wearing the brand new hat and cloak she had gotten. It was an almost perfect match for her old set; it was still purple, but it was filled with fewer stars, and they were more of the six-pointed than five pointed stars. As everything looked good, Trixie took a deep breath before walking forward as the curtain rose. The stomping of hooves in applause was a long missed feeling for her, as was the mixture of warming pride in her chest and the flittering nervousness in her stomach. It was a pity that she was going to have to bomb her comeback performance, thanks to Time Turner’s little plan.

Okay, remember Trixie, just go out there and mess up so everypony will leave so they can’t power the Changelings with their adoration. That’s all you need to do, that’s all you need to do… she thought to herself as she did an introductory bow.

“Greetings everypony, and welcome to the show! Prepare to be amazed by astounding feats of magic never before seen by pony eyes!” she said, starting off with a little grandstanding but not actually doing anything. She was greatly resisting the urge to pull out some fireworks illusions and using some auditory illusions to create a musical fanfare for herself.

“Now then, how about I start things off with something simple, hmm?” she said as she paced around on the stage. Even now she could see that ponies were starting to get a little agitated. They were probably expecting her to do something big and fancy, and it was so hard to resist the urge. But instead, she simply pulled out a deck of cards.

“You there,” she said, pointing at small, purplish-unicorn foal. Trixie levitated a series of playing cards in front of her. It didn’t take even a moment for some of the crowd to groan at what was about to happen, but they obviously said nothing because a foal was involved.

“Alright sweetie, now pick a card, any card, and the Great and Powerful Trixie will use her amazing powers to pull it from the deck, no matter where it is.”

Even with such a simple trick, the foal seemed really impressed, giving a big grin to the pegasus mare with very odd eyes beside her that Trixie assumed to be the mother. After a moment of intense thought on the foal’s part, a card was chosen, and Trixie swept in right into the deck. Now, normally she would have made preparations on this; picking out a key card as a reference point, cutting the deck a certain way, or one of the million other things one could do this trick. Instead, she stuffed it right back in and shuffled with wild abandon. After taking a moment, with all the drama she could muster, she pulled a card and showed it to the girl.

“The Great and Powerful Trixie believes that this is your card,” she said, eyes closed and looking as confident as ever while mentally prepping herself for the sting that would soon follow. It was going to hurt her pride so very much having to mess up such a basic trick.

After a moment of quiet, the foal looked at the mother again, who nodded something, and then spoke up.

“Yep, that’s it exactly!”

Trixie’s eyes shot open with surprise, but then closed again as she put on a cocky-little grin.

“Why of course, did you think the Great and Powerful Trixie would be wrong?” she replied. Well, so much for losing the audience’s trust on the most simplest of tricks. The one time luck was on her side was the one time she didn’t want it.

Everything after that point, however, started to go according to plan. The next few card tricks did mess up, and the continued use of them was soon driving ponies to boredom. When she finally started getting into the bigger displays of magic, interest rose, but then fell even lower as she made to trip over herself, have her magic sputter out while doing big illusions, and ‘accidentally’ nicking a pony while attempting to saw them in half. In short, it was an absolute disaster of a show, and the audience had begun to leave in droves.

Oh sure though, she had problems. As the act went on, and she started to mess up bigger and bigger, ponies started to heckle her, calling her names or sometimes even just saying she “sucked”. At times she wanted to just stop all the pretending and just shut them up with some huge display that would have put even that Twilight Sparkle’s display against the Ursa Minor to shame. But she just had to grin and bear it, her teeth having to grind as she just continued to try and ‘convince’ the ponies to keep watching.

At least she was keeping her cool this time, even if barely. Not like the last time she performed this badly. Of course, that last time she wasn’t trying to do so on purpose…

-----

Several Years Earlier

A younger Trixie was barely standing as her body shook with a mixture of anger and the effort of holding back tears. Her hat had flopped straight into her face, soaking wet after an attempt at turning milk into water had somehow ended up with her drenching herself completely with the pitcher. The failure seemed to have caused a massive breakout in laughter among the audience.

“S-shut u!” Trixie yelled as she levitated the hat back up, only for it to flop back down into her face. She then just levitated it off her completely. Some of the laughter had started to die down, but it was still more than she could handle.

“I am the Mighty and Majestic Trixie, the greatest magician ever! You will all stop laughing now!” she said as she started to charge up her magic. Her goal was to try out that lightning cloud spell she had learned recently to scare the crowd back into submission, but instead she found herself sprouting a flower out of her horn instead. She didn’t even remember having that spell, but it started off another whole round of laughter.

One pony in the front row seemed particularly loud; it was a grey-colored Earth Pony stallion, older looking one from the looks of it, and he was just howling it right up. With no one else to focus on, and him being close, she got right up into his face.

“So, you dare to mock the Mighty and Majestic Trixie?” she snarled

“Mighty and Majestic? You look more Dripping and Drenched to me,” he said with a smirk, “Get off the stage kid. You clearly aren’t ready.”

“Am too! I-I just…”

“Look, I’ve been to a lot of magic shows; yours is one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Those fireworks from your illusion spell didn’t even get an inch away from your horn before fizzling out. My foals can do better, and they’re earth ponies! I’m out of here…” he said as he got up and started to walk away.

“Come back here and witness the magical abilities of the Mighty and Majestic Trixie!” she yelled. At that point the laughter had ended, and instead ponies had decided to join the stallion and leaving. She started to yell at all of them too to come back, but instead all she got in return were jeers and boos. By the time everyone was gone, she had been reduced to babbling on stage in fury before eventually storming off to confront O’Hooves.

----

Present Day

But today, her storming off stage due to a particularly nasty pony in the audience, but instead the arrival of a most likely even nastier ring-master Changeling arriving on the scene.

“What in Equestria are you doing Trixie!” Big Top said in a whispered shout from the side of the stage. Since at this point just about everypony was gone anyway, Trixie dismissed the rest with a bow before walking on over to Big Top.

“Just finishing off my show,” she said nonchalantly. This seemed to annoy him, but she was surprised he wasn’t trying to kill her right now.

“Finishing your show? Trixie, now I’ll admit I’m not much a magician, but even I can tell that was a horrible performance you just put on. You scared the entire crowd away!...You’re up to something, aren’t you?” he said, furrowing his eyebrows in suspicion.

“Me being up to something? What could ever give you that impression?” she said, faking innocence. The plan was about to be set into motion any minute now, so she felt like she could tease the Changeling a bit first.

“Don’t play the fool with me. I can already tell you probably talked with your friend and O’Hooves already so there’s no point in hiding anything is there?”

Trixie pondered for a moment, “Hmmm, nah, can’t think of any reason.”

“Very well then,” Big Top said with a sigh as a green glow engulfed him, the ring-master uniform and pony shape soon replaced with the insect-pony mix that was a Changeling’s body.

“So what’ the situation then? Now that you know that we’re Changelings you don’t want to work with us? Think that we’re all some sort of monsters that must be gotten rid of? Is that it?”

Trixie shook her head, “Honestly, I barely know anything about Changelings. Heard about them once or twice on the road, but that’s about it. My friend, the Earth Pony stallion, he seemed to have heard about you’re kind before though. And he’s not very happy about what you’re doing here…”

The Changeling sneered. “Typical pony reaction; see’s Changelings, wants to get rid of them.”

“And why shouldn’t you be chased out of Equestria?! You’ve been using your performers to trick your audiences into feeding you, you’ve been holding them against their will. but worse of all you kidnapped my friends and tried to get rid of them when they found out!” Trixie said, getting a little angry. The Changeling seemed unphased.

“We are simply trying to feed ourselves; your emotions are our food. Are you wishing us to starve?”

“N-no, but the way you’re going about it isn’t right at all.” Trixie said, trying to reassert her position.

She could empathize on the need to try and survive; travelling around Equestria in a wagon meant she wasn’t always the most secure financially. And she could even understand having to do some shady things every once in a while to eke out a living; illusion magic made her great at conning ponies at card games. Still, this whole circus thing just felt wrong! And she simply couldn’t look away at how they lied to her and tried to hurt her friend and mentor.

Before the conversation could continue, however, a ball of fire whizzed right past them before exploding and setting the curtain on fire. Well, that was a little more dangerous than she thought Time Turner’s plan would be. With the fire distracting him, Trixie took the moment to make a run away from Big Top and outside. Ponies were running amok trying to get away from the explosions that were shooting every which way but up it seemed. Great, that was going to make finding Time Turner a lot…

“Aww, there you are Trixie! Come on, let’s get out of here!”

Well, that was easy enough. Trixie turned to find Time Turner and O’Hooves running towards her, Changeling clowns following right behind but being hampered by the need to dodge the fireworks. Her friends had no such difficulty as O’Hooves was surrounding them in a shield. Trixie soon jumped in, keeping pace with the two stallions quite nicely. As they turned a corner, however, they found themselves faced with another group of clowns, and one really mad Changeling .

“Ahhh, was wondering when we’d be seeing you again. Big Top, correct?” Time Turner replied. Trixie couldn’t help but notice that even in the midst of all this chaos he still had that goofy grin on his face. His eyes, however, no longer seemed to be staring into vacant space, but had the focus of a mischievous little foal planning some kind of trick.

“Why are you doing this? Why could you not let us simply feed in peace pony?” the lead Changeling said with enough rage that Trixie swore a little spit hit the shield.

“Because all the lies, all the deception you’re doing to do so is wrong. There has to be a better way for you to feed that doesn’t force you to leech off of unsuspecting ponies or drain all the energy for life out of those who are willing to help you.” Time Turner said, the corners of his mouth dropping all pretenses of being a grin as he turned into that serious lecturer again.

With a buzz of his wings, the Changeling flew towards the shield, staring down Time Turner with complete fury.

“You are a naïve little pony! We Changelings must what we can to live! You ponies would never understand! Instead you simply wish to be rid of us like parasitesssss!”

The last word the Changeling said had a hiss to it, as if it was trying to scare them, but between O’Hooves shield protecting them and Time Turner’s steadfast resolve (or craziness, but Trixie sensed that was interchangeable with him) it didn’t do anything. Instead, he just looked the Changeling right back in the eye as he responded.

“If you don’t think we understand, than try and make us understand. But you’ll never do that if you keep this up. Us ponies are quite empathetic, but first trust is needed; lying and deceiving is only going to hurt you in the long run.”

The Changelings obviously did not like the response as they soon quickly reverted back to their normal forms. A glance at O’Hooves face told Trixie he was worried as the horns’ of the Changelings soon started glowing green.

“I think they’re about to attack Time Turner. I don’t think my shield can hold off that many at once for long….”

Time Turner just grinned again. “I don’t think there’s anything to be concerned. Remember, Changelings feed off of emotions like love and adoration. But if the only emotions around are fear, panic, and confusion…”

A giant blast of energy hit the shield, which started to crack under the sheer magical force of the attack. Trixie did her best to help prop it up with her own magic, but shields were not her strong suit, and it soon began to buckle again.

“Time Turner, we need to get going!” Trixie said, voice strained under the pressure.

“Just give it one more moment…”

The energy soon started to weaken, and within a moment it had become a trickle before stopping completely. A few bursts of energy crackling around the horns later, and the Changeling magic was done for as they collapsed on the ground exhausted. O’Hooves and Trixie breathed a sigh of relief before looking back up at Time Turner.

“What just happened?” Trixie asked.

“Simple; they just used up all of their reserves of energy to try and blast us. The shield blocked them from feeding off of us, and with the fireworks and your dreadful magic show, all the guests are only offering fear and panic. Not the most nutritious option to a starving Changeling.” Time Turner said with a grin, “So now then, drop the shield.”

“But you just said it’s keeping them from feeding off of us!” O’Hooves protested.

“Yes, it is, but as much as the Changelings have done wrong, they also have a point. They were just trying to feed themselves, and we have to show them there’s a better way than all of this.”

O’Hooves looked towards Trixie, looking with a pleading look in his eye. But Trixie sighed as she walked over by Time Turner.

“Look, he’s right. They were just trying to live, but they made a mistake and now we need to try and forgive them, just like I’ve forgiven you and you’ve forgiven me for all those years ago, right?”

Outvoted, and out moralized, O’Hooves gave in. The shield dropped, and Time Turner ran over to the defeated Big Top and the other Changelings. Trixie soon followed, watching as they began to stand up, their energy renewed by the bonds between her and her friend and mentor.

Now that she knew about the Changeling’s feeding, and no longer distracted by her earlier concerns, she noticed that she approached them there was a slight tug at her heart. It wasn’t painful at all; if she had to compare it to anything, it would be like a foal tugging at her cape after a show wanting an autograph. Gentle, but noticeable if you’re paying attention.

She watched as Time Turner stuck out a hoof towards the leader of the Changelings, offering to help him get back on his feet and friendship.

“Now come on, take my hoof. No one has noticed you all yet, and the whole thing can still be passed off as a freak fireworks accident. We can leave now and help you all find someplace where you can feed and not put ponies in danger. If you’re willing to trust me, I’m willing to trust you, and all of this can be put behind us.”

The Changeling just looked at the hoof as if he was looking at a badly burnt leaf and hay sandwich. Time Turner just kept going.

“But you got to hurry; the fireworks finished about a minute ago, and ponies are starting to calm down. By dropping the shield we gave you all enough energy to shift back into shape so you can leave without being seen, but it has to be now if you don’t want to expose yourself to all of Equestria. So what’ll it be?”

Some of the Changelings looked around nervously before shifting back into the clowns. The lead Changeling seemed rather stunned by what was happening, looking around at all of the ones that shifted as they walked towards Time Turner.

“What are you all doing?! He is lying! He will turn you all in the moment he gets back to town! You can’t trust the ponies!”

Trixie was amazed at this point by how many of the Changelings had apparently decided to take up Time Turner’s offer; by now it was a slim majority. She really hoped he knew what he was doing; she couldn’t think of any way that just the two of them would be able to find homes for them. By this point though many of the ponies that had been panicking had started calming down, and a few of them seemed to be glancing towards them.


“It’s now or never Big Top. Either come with me and we can get you a new home, or you can just keep on with what you’re doing.”

Big Top, looking defeated, shifted into the pony form of Big Top. The rest of the Changelings did as well. Time Turner smiled, but Trixie noticed that the Big Top was now a pegasus instead of the earth pony form he had been taking. Why would he be doing…

“Duck!” Trixie shouted towards Time Turner, who quickly reacted as Big Top and the rest of the clowns flew straight at him and up into the air. They didn’t even turn around to say one last comment or gloat or anything, instead simply flying away as Time Turner stood back up and dusted himself off. His expression was one of disappointment, but it was tempered by a slight smile that was showing on the edge of his mouth.

“Well, didn’t get all of them, but at least most of them are willing to give us ponies a chance right?” Time Turner said, his disappointment turning into a real smile as he looked around.

“But I have absolutely no idea what we’re going to do with them.”

----

Several Hours Later

After the fires were put out and everypony had started to calm down, the Royal Guards had finally arrived onto the scene. Many questions were asked, interrogations were done, and Trixie and her friends had a few things to discuss with them. On Time Turner’s advice, and much to O’Hooves annoyance, they decided to not tell the guards about the Changelings. Instead, the three of them pulled off a rather convincing lie that Big Top had set off the fireworks on purpose in order to try and salvage some insurance money off of the circus before retiring. Their actions had stopped things from getting worse, but they were unable to stop him and some of the performers who were looking at getting a share of the loot from running off.

“Thank you all for your statements. We will put guards on high alert for Big Top and any of those clowns. Have a nice day,” the guard said with a nod before walking off.

“Yes, have a lovely day officer,” Time Turner replied, cheerfully sending him off before turning around to face the group once the guard was out of sight, “Well, that story should satisfy them for now.”

“I still think you should have said something about Changelings; who knows what kind of havoc they’ll be bring running around Equestria,” O’Hooves responded.

“Normally I would agree, but exposing Big Top would have meant exposing those guys as well,” Time Turner replied, gesturing towards the clowns.

Trixie had watched them during the questioning; they had been entertaining the foals while the adults talked with officers. It was touching to see all the foals smiling and laughing, and it seemed as if the Changelings were enjoying themselves as well without Big Top hovering around. Taking her eyes of them, she looked over at Time Turner with a raised eyebrow.

“I still don’t get why you’re fine with them still staying clowns. Wasn’t the point supposed to be they weren’t stealing emotion from ponies?”

Time Turner started to rub the back of his head with his hoof, giving off an embarrassed grin that she figured only meant he was stalling for an answer.

“Well, you see, as much as I hate to admit it, as I thought more about it, Big Top had a point about ponies not being able to understand Changelings, not yet anyways. But his solution to it was all wrong, and he still had that whole ‘criminal boss’ vibe going with him. Right or wrong, he needed to go.”

Trixie watched as Time Turner looked back over at the foals and Changeling clowns playing, “With him gone, the Changelings will be free to interact with ponies without Big Top ranting at them about the evil ponies. And maybe in time they’ll learn we’re not all that bad, and maybe then we can make some progress on this…..or this all horribly blows up in my face and we have to burn the circus down again!”

Trixie just looked at him with a deadpan-glare, “Well that was a rather morbid thought coming from you Time Turner.”

He just shrugged.

“Meh, just putting out the possibility, but I doubt that’ll happen, right O’Hooves?” he said, playfully poking into the old stallions side as he gave out a sigh.

“I don’t think this place could survive another one; I’m not even sure it’ll survive this one even if we got the performers to keep it running.”

Before Time Turner could say anything, Trixie butted in with her own opinion on the matter.

“I don’t think it will be that hard. Sure, lost all the fireworks, and some of the tents burnt down, but most of the games and food stands are still running, most of the experienced performers are still here…and you’ll have the Great and Powerful Trixie being the star of the show.”

Simultaneously, Time Turner and O’Hooves replied with a surprised yelp of, “What?!” Trixie just had to laugh at the them both standing there wide-eyed.

“I’m sorry Time Turner, but as much fun as it’s been travelling with you, The Great and Powerful Trixie thinks this is where she needs to be right now. Even after all this time, and leaving this place on the worst conditions, I still love this place and I would hate to see it go under. Besides, I think Trixie can still learn a couple of tricks or two from the great Sleight O’Hooves,” Trixie said as she turned to face her mentor, some tears pooling up at the corner of her eyes as he kept on looking with some surprise.

Trixie was confused, however, as O’Hooves looked down at the ground, a solemn look on his face as he dug at the ground with his hoof a little.

“There’s nothing else I can teach you Trixie, and if anything, I still don’t think I should be your mentor anymore. I was horrible to you that night you left and…”

“Oh just stop it already, I was the horrible one. You were right about my ego, and even after that show I didn’t learn my lesson. I met this loony after running away from Ponyville because some foals drug an Ursa Minor to town because I bragged about defeating one,” she said, gesturing at Time Turner without really caring she hadn’t told him about that.

“Really, that’s why you were running away? Huh, I would have thought it was those foals that would have gotten in trouble...” Time Turner commented. Trixie just ignored him, instead focusing on O’Hooves’s reaction instead. When he didn’t say anything, she kept going.

“That was probably the worst night of my life, and I was angry for a long time after that. But eventually I got over it, moved on, thinking I could just get over it and just be The Great and Powerful Trixie. After all, the best revenge is to out succeed your doubters right? But even after all my travelling, all my shows, I still….”

“I was that Earth Pony who heckled you Trixie,” O’Hooves responded. Trixie stopped midsentence as O’Hooves looked her right in the eye.

“When you accused me of sabotaging you that night, well, I lied when I said I didn’t. I went into the audience disguised as an Earth Pony using some illusion magic, and then used my own magic to counter yours. You got so caught up in your act you didn’t even notice the slight glow that surrounded me. Instead of being a mentor, I went and bullied you. I thought if I just gave you one bad night you’d be humbled enough to just listen to me. Instead, I just drove you even further into your ego and, well…”

Trixie just shook her head, “No, it was my fault for being such a narcissist in the first place. If I wasn’t, you wouldn’t have needed to do that.”

“But if I had been a better mentor I could have figured out a way to reach out to you that didn’t involve me bullying you.”

“Well, if I hadn’t….”

“Oh dear Celestia can we not get into this!” Time Turner responded, stepping in between them and knocking them off their game.

“Look, normally I wouldn’t suggest this as a solution since it tends to ignore all the complexities of a situation, but in this I may make the suggestion that mistakes were made on all sides and that you should just kind of move on? After all, there’s a whole circus that needs running, and I can’t think of any other ponies who could run it better than you two,” he said, smiling at the two of them during a pause before staring off into space again, “Although Fancy Pants could probably do a good job as well….doesn’t he owe us a favor?”

Trixie and O’Hooves looked up at each other, making a special note to ignore Time Turner’s random thought at the end.

“So, uhm, want to try that?” Trixie suggested shyly. And in the first time since she got here, she saw O’Hooves smile.

“Yes, I think that would be a wonderful idea...Mighty and Magnificent Trixie.”

“It’s Great and Powerful Trixie now, okay?” Trixie said as she ran over to hug her long lost mentor.

-----

“Awww, now wasn’t that a peachy little scene,” Time Turner said with a smile, teasing the blushing Trixie as the two of them walked around the circus.

“Just shut up. It was a very emotional moment for me. Besides, isn’t that what you wanted in the first place?”

“Oh of course; reuniting lost apprentices and mentors is all in a day’s work for the likes of me,” Time Turner replied. After saying that, however, he couldn’t help but think that the phrase “day’s work” had some kind of extra meaning right now. It was almost as if he had forgotten something…

“TIME TURNER!” a very cheerful voice shouted from behind him. Before he could even turn around fully, he found himself charged into by a grey-colored and blonde-maned pegasus, a small unicorn foal following behind her. Said charge ended up with him being squeezed tightly in a hug, barely able to look down his captor.

“We were so worried about you! You were supposed to be back from vacation two weeks ago! Minuette was convinced something terrible had happened to you!”

“No, no, I’m just fine. I just…sort of….kind of….lost track of time” Time Turner said with an embarrassed blush as he saw Trixie looking over at him, head tilted in confusion to his situation.

He was finally freed from the spine-crushing hug, but the angry glare in those eyes (as off-centered as they were) made him wish he was back in it.

“Again! Time Turner, we were worried sick about you! What could you have been doing these last few weeks that made you forget about us!”

“Uhm, well, her,” Time Turner said, sheepishly pointing at Trixie. The pegasus flew over the silver-maned unicorn, who was still completely lost as to what was happening. She began to fly around her, causing obvious discomfort on Trixie’s part.

“Time Turner, who is she and why is she staring at me?” Trixie replied. That seemed to only annoy the pegasus even more.

“Wait, you’ve been running around Equestria with this mare all this time and didn’t even tell her about us? How very rude of you Turny,” the pegasus said.

“Yeah, very rude of you Mr. Turner,” the foal added, though in a more polite tone than her more annoyed mother.

“I-it just didn’t come up is all. Really, there’s no need to get upset at me Derpy. I was about to start heading back, I promise!”

Derpy just looked at him in disbelief. While she didn’t say anything, Time Turner would have rather just had her verbally express the obvious look of “Yeah right” she was giving him right. All this time working with her and he still found a glare from her one of the most soul-killing things ever. Had to be the eyes, and not just because of the whole ‘each one going a different direction’ thing.

“A-anyway, Trixie, this is Derpy Hooves and her foal Dinky. Derpy is one of Ponyville’s mailmare’s and a friend of mine. Derpy, this is…”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie is glad to meet you” Trixie responded, offering a hoof to Derpy. That instantly cheered up her mood, and she gladly responded to Trixie’s gesture.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. Say, you were the magician who was on earlier weren’t you?” Derpy asked.

Trixie cringed a little.

“Yeah…but I’m normally not that bad. It’s a long story though. I’m sure…Turny was it?” Trixie said, giving a sly smile to Time Turner, who groaned in response to somepony else using that nickname now, “I’m sure he’ll tell you about it later.”

“Oh, I’m sure he’ll have plenty of time to tell Dinky and me about it when he comes with me back to Ponyville. It’s been a mess since he left. A terrible storm, parasprites, dragons…”

“Wait, I missed a dragon? I would have loved to meet a dragon….” Time Turner said, a slight whine in his voice. Did he really miss a dragon while he was gone? He really needed to stop travelling with random ponies he met; all the best stuff happened when he wasn’t in Ponyville.

“Yep, a dragon slept right outside of Ponyville and Celestia had a team of ponies had to go deal with it. The Mayor would have asked for you to go along, but that was about a week ago and you weren’t back. That’ll teach you to overextend your vacation,” Derpy said in a very lecturing tone, even flying towards him to just poke him in the chest.

“You know I would have shown up soon enough…” Time Turner mumbled. Derpy just rolled her eyes.

“Was he like this the entire time with you?” she asked Trixie, causing Time Turner’s eyes to shoot open in fear. Nothing was scarier than his Ponyville friends asking his travelling friends questions.

“Oooooh, you have no idea. There was that time we were at Neighagra Falls when….”

“OKAY IT’S TIME TO LEAVE NOW,” Time Turner said as he started to run off…before turning around and coming back to hug Trixie.

“Once you get everything settled here, if you ever need me or just want to say hi, you’re always welcomed back in Ponyville as far as I’m concerned. Just keep on being fantastic, okay?” he, letting her go with one last smile before trotting over to where Dinky and Derpy were standing.

“And you just keep being a complete loony,” Trixie yelled back playfully. Time Turner’s response, however, got co-opted by Derpy.

“Oh, trust me, I don’t think he’s going to stop being that anytime soon.”

Comments ( 18 )

I FINALLY GOT IT DONE DANG IT! And I made sure to try and make up for it by being one doozy of a chapter.

But, as you may have seen, the story is now labelled "Complete". Why? Because this ends this part of the story, but it won't be the end of the 'verse. If you've read my blogs, you already know what I'm going to say: "need a break from writing Time Turner and Trixie", "want to write other things," "Have ideas for other stories in 'verse", blah blah blah. I'm bringing that up again, however, to keep you all happy because even though this works as an ending, by bringing up Clock Keeper stuff earlier on, I made hints to a larger plan. My ending it here does change that around, but I'll probably post more details on the "what I wanted to do" on a blog post.

Sufficient to say, this story had more plans, but don't worry, this won't be the end of Trixie. Just putting her on break so I can play around with some maybe one-shots, work on stuff expanding on Time Turner's life in Ponyville, maybe another companion if I can think of any other characters to join him on some adventures. But that'll involve a big time skip; skipping two weeks of work for vacation means he ain't leaving Ponyville any time soon XD.

Is it over?:fluttercry:

2006678 In terms of this particular storyline, yes. Think of it as more of a break though than a complete ending. I just really needed to separate these two for a bit and write on something else for a time. I was getting burnt out on those two.

Well this story has come to a close, I thought it would end sadly but it didn't. So now what's next?

I gotta say I really enjoyed this story! :pinkiehappy:

It's rare to see a story where Time Turner or Doctor Whooves(Personally I like to think his full name is Dr. Time Turner Lord) is just an ordinary if not loony pony. Even though I'm a Doctor Who fan I can admit that having such a sea of stories where he's either THE Doctor or a parallel version of him is done a LITTLE too much, so it's refreshing to see a story where we get the classic Doctor mannerisms in an entirely "normal" Time Turner.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of Dr. Turner

2006940 Why would you think it would end sadly? XD. I'm too optimistic and cheerful to write good, sad endings anyway. as for what's next *points to my comment on the chapter*. I also have some ideas for non-MWaHG 'verse fics as well. A lot of them still have Trixie, but I will try and expand my choice of characters, maybe try and making some more OC's.

2008121 Well, he's not the Doctor or a Dr. in this 'verse XD. Instead, he's just a bureaucrat working at town hall with a knack for calculating time...or is he? *does have some ideas for a bit of a grander background for Mr. Time Turner here*. But anyway, since the main idea for this fic came from the MLP RP I run, Time Turner had to be a normal pony; I didn't want to drag in all the Doctor Who stuff into my site's canon XD. But yeah, as much as I love Doctor Whooves, it is nice to have a fic every once in a while where's he's just a normal pony, and any future work I do with him I am going to try better in reflecting that. I think I may have played him 'too' Doctor-ish.....maybe the differences would be clearer if I ever crossover with a Doctor Whooves fic XD *does have a friend who writes one....

2011076
Ah. Really I think the fact Time Turner has The Doctor's mannerisms, yet is just your average earth pony is pretty funny to be honest. Seriously I heard David Tennant with SOME Matt Smith in some places while reading this(Two of my favorite Doctor's).

Also, as for the Dr. Time Turner Lord thing that's my personal fan name for him. Hoping it'll catch on

2011318 Considering all my experiences with the Doctor are pretty much 9-11th...some of the 1st and 4th due to my brother having some DVDs of older episodes, that's not surprising XD. 9th Doctor would have been too dark...plus Time Turner isn't coming out of a giant Time War XD. But anyway, while keeping the spirit of the Doctor I do want to try and make him unique as well just because not being the Doctor means he would be different.

Again, the differences would probably stand out more if I ever convinced my friend to do a crossover with his Doctor Whooves story. I would imagine Time Turner to probably be a little more trusting and optimistic than the actual Doctor just because he wouldn't have all the baggage the Doctor does. Oh, and probably freak out at some of the stuff the Doctor faces ^_^"".

2011635
I've seen two episodes of the 4th, three of the 5th, a little over half of the 9th and all of the 10th and so far the 11th.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more from you! :pinkiehappy:

Well, I'm glad all was explained. Still, deceptive or not, if they generally liked it, then they can exploit it. It's not like it hurts ponies...

Regardless, bravo, sir. :moustache:

Very entertaining take on the good "Doctor", and nice character development on Trixie. Going there in steps, not pushing ahead too fast. A bit sad to see the story end after only two "serials", but I guess it was a good breaking point. With any luck, she'll have cause to rejoin the Crazy Pony Without a Blue Box again some other time.

2685754 Yeah, admittedly I wanted to do more but was running out of steam. Still, some of the originally planned ones will probably come up in future 'serials', and I do have some plans that will bring Trixie back every once in a while.

At least she's happy with her new circus. And circus changelings... that's actually a pretty good idea. As long as they put on performances that the audience loves, they'll never go hungry, and they can always keep acts fresh by changing appearances. Even appearance-changing in itself would be an act. ("See the fabulous Morphini triplets, masters of disguise!") Drop the whole keeping ponies captive bit, and you're solid.

2785824 If you recall the Family of Blood two parter, at one point Martha fast forwards through a video the Doctor left her about what to do while he's human. David Tennant actually spoke throughout the whole video, and what he said was released as a bonus thing. In the video he goes on a rant about eating pears and how much he dislikes them.

2785258 Actually, I'm not trying to make him 9th-Doctor based (minus use of fantastic). As much as I love the 9th, his background is not necessarily well-suited for a native Equestrian based Doctor-character. If anything, I'm pulling more along the lines of the Doctor as written from the fan series "Doctor and Assistant" with probably some drawn from the 9-11th. I don't try and restrict myself though to what I'm "inspired" by; otherwise I would probably get too caught up in making him "fit" into something.

2785288 He gets to tell time ^_^"". Sorry, I threw it in as a joke/reference, but that's about it. Like I said, I am in no way ever going to have it revealed he's actually a Doctor or Time Lord or anything. He's just a normal pony.

2786110
Really lol is that it i saw it but i though it would've come from an entire episodei missed

Well this was a good read.

Login or register to comment