• Published 29th Apr 2020
  • 2,993 Views, 27 Comments

Dance of The Waters - Mystic Sunrise



Princess Twilight shows her counterpart a world she never could have imagined, and together, the two of them discover something new.

  • ...
23
 27
 2,993

Aftermath

Lunch Break was something that every student at Canterlot High looked forward to. A chance to get away from class for a little while, and to catch up with friends they might not have seen all day.

For the Rainbooms, Canterlot High's resident magical girls and heroes, the same held true. Only a few of them had a class with one another, and none of them shared one class all at the same time. So this was always a perfect chance to catch up.

Today was more unusual than most. Not that Twilight Sparkle was there with them. That they had grown used to in the short time the new transfer student had been at the school.

The fact her eyes though seemed a million miles away was new. They didn't even seem to be in this universe anymore, and Sunset had a good idea of where they were seeing at the moment.

Rarity though caught a different look in Twilight's eyes, and she smiled knowingly. "Someone seems to be in love. Badly too."

Twilight came back to earth with a crash as she blushed and slid down into her seat. "Is it that obvious?"

The girls nodded. "So, who's the lucky boy?" Pinkie asked excitedly.

Twilight shook her head. "She's not a boy. Or a stallion actually."

That got the girls' attention, as they shared a look. Sunset though began to get an idea of who it might be, but for now, she didn't say. "Do we know her?" She asked.

Twilight nodded. "You know her. Rather well actually."

That was another clue for Sunset, and judging by the looks the rest of the girls were giving her, they seemed to have an idea as well. "Does it have anything to do with your trip to Equestria?" Fluttershy asked, putting a hand on Twilight's arm. "We won't judge you for it."

Twilight smiled as she nodded and looked at Fluttershy. "Thanks, Fluttershy. And it does have to do with me going to Equestria. And what I did there."

Here, she reached down her shirt and pulled out what looked like a necklace that had a piece of a pearl held in it. "Princess Twilight gave this to me when I first got there. She said it's mine, and after everything we did, everything this did. I'm more than happy to believe her."

Sunset was shocked, to say the least. She recognized the Pearl Necklace and knew what it meant for Twilight to have it, let alone wear it. But she had never expected to see it now, and a part of her was horrified to see it here. "You're an alicorn. They're the only kind of ponies who can wear that, let alone use it."

Twilight nodded. "It was a shock to everyone in Equestria as well. I mean, they took it rather well all things considered. But it was still a shock to everyone."

Sunset could well believe it, and that was one of her questions answered, but she still had a few. "And Princess Twilight let you bring it back here why? Isn't she afraid of what could happen if someone steals it? Not that most would. Some might though. Students are just that stupid."

Twilight gave her a look. "Why do you think I'm keeping it hidden? I don't know what it could do to anyone who might take it. I don't even know if I can use it here, let alone if someone else can. But I won't leave it in Equestria, and go back and forth if I ever want to use it."

The girls couldn't really argue with that, but they were becoming impatient. "So come on already!" Rainbow finally said, throwing her hands up in frustration. "What the heck did you do all weekend? And who's the lucky girl? Mare? Whatever."

Twilight giggled as she got a faraway look in her eyes. "Well..."


"... And by the time we returned to Ponyville, the necklace had returned," Twilight finished as her gaze seemed to come back to reality. Though she didn't seem to want to.

The girls meanwhile were in various states of shock, to say the least. Not that Twilight was into girls like that, but for the fact, she was now in a relationship with her pony counterpart. Something none of them had expected if they were being honest.

Rarity finally squealed in delight. "Oh, that is so romantic darling. A tropical island, and falling for the princess herself. What could be more romantic than that?"

Everyone rolled their eyes at that. "But why were you a mermaid? Does Equestria even have those?" Rainbow asked, looking at Sunset, who only shook her head.

"I mean. There used to be old sailor stories of what they called seaponies. But those haven't been told in a long time, and nopony really believed in them," Sunset replied. She too was curious as she looked at Twilight. "Mermaids though aren't a thing in Equestria. Humans have never existed there, so they can't."

Twilight nodded as she looked thoughtful. "I don't understand why I became one either. You could call what Twily became a seapony, I guess? We don't really know for sure. We didn't have anything else to call her."

"Twily?" Applejack asked with a knowing smirk, one that soon all the girls had as well.

Twilight clapped her hands over her mouth, mortified at what she had just said out loud, as she slid further down her chair, and a roaring blush came to her face.

"Ah! They already have pet names for each other!" Pinkie squeed as she pulled Twilight into a hug. "They grow up so fast!"

"Pinkie. I am older than you," Twilight grumbled, as the girls giggled.

Sunset, while as happy for Twilight and the princess as the rest of their friends, and not maybe a little jealous, saw a problem going forward for the two of them. And a petulant part of her was glad of it. "How are you two going to make this work? Cross-dimensional relationships are never easy. Just ask Flash."

Twilight nodded, as Pinkie let her go, looking thoughtful. "We are still trying to figure that out. I want to visit Equestria more often. Nopony has a problem with it, and I even have my own room in Ponyville now when I do visit."

She paused, as she suddenly remembered something Twily had said in the waters around Mount Aris on Saturday. "Um, that reminds me Sunset. Could I possibly use your journal too? If I can't always go to Equestria, I want to at least be able to write to them."

Sunset blinked in surprise but smiled. "I don't see why not." She smirked. "Just try to keep it PG, please? I still have to use it, and I really don't want to have to read some of the saucy details between you and the princess. Or I'll revoke both of your privileges of using it."

That got another blush out of the nerdy girl, as the rest of their friends laughed. "Couldn't you get your own though?" Fluttershy asked.

Twilight nodded slightly. "Maybe. Princess Twilight was going to Canterlot today. She promised she would ask Princess Celestia either how to make one herself. Or if the princess could make us another one."

Sunset nodded, remembering how it had been for her own journal. "If anyone knows how to do it, it's Princess Celestia. I think you're both in good hooves. It might take some time though. Mine took Princess Celestia months to craft and construct. Very few ponies even know how to craft such magic. It's not exactly common for most ponies to have something like this."

Twilight smiled, even as the bell for the next class rang, and the Cafeteria rang with the sounds of students grumbling back to class. She wasn't too surprised at this. Magic was still new to her. But she could feel how intricate this kind of magic was.

There was one thing, however, she wanted to do as soon as possible. She needed a new swimsuit. Her old one just didn't seem up to snuff now. And there was a good reason for that. Oh sure, it still fit (she hoped), but it wasn't her anymore. Not after Saturday.

Ever since she had come back from Mount Aris, Twilight had felt different. Not just from her relationship with Princess Twilight. But something more. Deeper inside of herself. And she knew why. Her Mermaid form. Maybe she had been a one-off transformation she would never be able to do again. Twilight didn't know or care.

As soon as she was able to, she and her mother would go swimsuit shopping. She wanted something permanent that she could always remember her by. Kohl's or Macy's had to have something that would do that. If they didn't? She could always ask Rarity for help.

As she and the rest of their friends joined the throng, Twilight couldn't help but look to whatever the future might hold for all of them with a smile.

Author's Note:

Alright. So I decided to merge Aftermath as a story as the final chapter of this story. It was just driving me nuts that I left it as its own story for so long. No more. Aside from that though. Nothing has changed for this universe. Just one less story.

Comments ( 11 )

awesome story mate keep it up can't wait for the next story:pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

Yay 😁
Maybe we can have a sunset mermaid join then sometime ☀️ :3
But honestly, beautiful story

Also, says it’s a sequel to a story that dose not exist

10811179
That story hasn't been published yet. You're not missing anything.

10811298
🤯
So it’s going to happen/I called it?! 🤩

10811550
You got anything involving Sunset wrong. All I'm saying.

10810826
As Sunset was originally a pony, she'd turn into a mermare/seapony, not to mention the fact that she's not an alicorn during the few times she canonically returns to Equestia

Who's downvoting every comment?

11717462
Botts, haters, and trolls. I can probably name some of them as well. I frankly don't care about them to be honest.

This ship is totally Underrated we definitely need more of stories like this here

Login or register to comment