• Published 12th Mar 2020
  • 1,253 Views, 12 Comments

The Epic Tale of a Displaced Spartan - Zhe Pydoh



I am Displaced as a SPARTAN II from Project ASTER. Now I have to fight in a prolonged war all while going out with one of the royal siblings.

  • ...
3
 12
 1,253

Chapter 1: POOT CHAPTER TITLE HERE!

I pointed my katana at the last soldier, mentally hoping that he'd surrender. I would soon find that this was not the case.

"Do you surrender?"

"We thank thee, Lord, that in thy mercy-" I am interrupted as my hopes for a peaceful conclusion were quickly dashed as he rushed towards me. "NEVAAAAR!" he shouted and I sighed as he impaled himself on my katana. "God damn it." As his body fell to the floor, I swore that I could hear opera music playing in the background, the kind that makes violence classy.

"Urgh..."

"Ohhh. Kill men."

"Damn. I was two days from retirement."

"I... I can't feel my face."

"I... I think I have a concussion. Hey, is it a bad sign if you smell Prench toast and everything looks like it's underwater?"

"MY AAAAAAAAAAARM!!!!!!"

"MEDIC!" another screamed out.

"You are all weak! YOU are all BLEEDERS!"

"You have dishonored this entire unit!"

"Each and every one of us will be sent home to our momma in a box!"

"I should've stayed in bed today!" another said.

"Good talk you guys."

"MY LEG!!!"

"No, it wasn't."

"Dude, that was awesome!"

I sheathed my katana and turned around to see seven girls and a young boy with spikey green hair.

"Crap! Uh, they were already like this when I got here." I say, pointing behind me as one of the bodies, still standing, the top half fell off. Another body fell from a tree.

"Spartan 045, Chase, at your service." I saw with a mock bow, which caused all seven of them to laugh.

"And who are you lovely ladies, if I may ask?" I said, causing them to blush.

"Ah'm Applejack." the blond-haired girl with the Stetson hat and Daisy Duke look said.

"I'm Pinkie Pie!" the poofy pink-haired girl exclaimed.

"I'm Rainbow Dash, the fastest flier in Equestria! Try and keep up." the Rainbow-haired girl said, doing a loop de loop.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle, Captain of Her Majesty's 101st Battalion. And this is my adopted little brother, Spike." Twilight introduced herself.

"I'm Rarity, owner of Carousel Boutique." the purple-haired girl introduced herself.

“Starlight Glimmer.” The fuchsia-haired girl introduced herself.

“How much of that did you see?” I asked.

“I saw enough.” Princess Twilight responds.

I nod and say, “Shall we?”

The group leads me out of the woods and to their camp.

“Over the river and through the woods, to grandmother's house, we go I suppose.”

Throughout the entire journey through the woods, I spent the entire time cleaning out the barrel of the battle rifle with a long stick and checking to see if I have enough ammo. I unsheathed my katana and cleaned the blood off the blade. It wouldn’t do me any favors to be seen with a bloodied blade.

“So Chase, err, Spartan...” Princess Twilight.

“You can call me Chase, Princess,” I say, cutting her off.

"Then you must call me Twilight," Twilight says.

"Yes, Princ... Twilight." I say.

"What exactly are you? I've never seen anything like you before? What's your society like? What's your technology like... uh, sorry."

I just sigh. "It's fine." I think to myself. Just a reminder that I don't belong. I'm not from here. I'll never see my parents again.

"I'm what's known as a Spartan, an augmented human. I can't tell you the specifics of the process as a lot of it is heavily classified. All you guys need to know is that I am smarter, faster, and stronger than the average human. Let's get going. We're burning daylight. I promise you that I'll tell you everything." I say and the walk continues in subdued silence. In the corner of my HUD, I could see a download bar for something, the interface read: A.I. download at 39% An AI? was this what was meant by extra companions.

The group stopped as an obstruction was blocking the path back to their camp.

"Ah'm not strong enough to move that, . Sorry gals." Applejack says.

"Not me." everyone else says.

"Allow me," I say. "Stand back! Waaaaaay back." I broke out into a run causing the obstruction to shatter to pieces with pieces of shrapnel and wood to fly everywhere.

Several jaws dropped. I turn and respond, "Close your mouths or the flies will get in." They do so and we head to the camp to get me situated. With my eye, I could make out a small light in the distance. Probably the camp. I take out a pair of futuristic-looking binoculars and the lenses zoom in on the light, revealing a large military camp.

"We're almost to the camp. Shouldn't be that far of a walk." I say.

We do eventually reach the camp, and to my utter shock, the timeline I had landed in was actually the Nightmare Moon timeline, although with some slight differences. The girls had got me settled in.

I looked around and I could see what I'd jokingly refer to as bat soldiers bustling around the camp, even though they were clearly human but with bat wings on their back. I could clearly see that the armor they wore had holes to accomodate their wings, which I had found extremely fascinating. I think it's best for me not to question these things for now. Black flags and a crescent moon adorning the flags spanned most of the camp. The group had gotten me settled and informed me that Nightmare Moon herself, although why she'd want to come all the way down here and meet with me when she clearly had better things to do is beneath me. Eh, that's a problem for another time.

I set down my stuff that I carried with me. I had to set my stuff down because I carried it the entire way, even though my back was not sore in the slightest. I had sat down on a log and had started making myself some food. Right now, the girls were arranging for accommodation to be set up at the camp while I cooked myself some food. There was no way in hell that I was going to eat an MRE.

Author's Note:

And I’m back. I am so so sorry for the long wait. I was on vacation last week and my laptop broke, so I'm waiting on a replacement battery.

As for the extra companions mentioned earlier, I'm not telling. It's a surprise.

Comments ( 5 )

10184775
Next chapter is done. I apologize for the shortness of it.

My second attempt at a Displaced story.

What went wrong with the first?

10917115
I didn’t like the direction that the story was headed since I didn’t have a clear plot in mind.

10917115
Thanks for reading! :twilightsheepish:

"MY LEG!!!"

Random fish KEEP IT DOWN #SPONGEBOB LOGIC#

Login or register to comment