• Published 27th Jan 2020
  • 397 Views, 11 Comments

The Journal of Commander Rust Metal - Crystonian



Twilight recieves a old journal from Celestia. Being urged to read it by her old mentor, she read it.

  • ...
6
 11
 397

Fillydelphia

Tall steel and glass buildings rose above a asphalt and grass floor of the city. Ponies walked along the many side walks and carriages were pulled along the roadways. Crowds of tourist swarmed historical and popular sites of the city.

A lone stallion strolled through the crowds. Past hoards of ponies, stopping once or twice to take pictures with tourist. Out of kindness of course. He turned down a street towards a modern capital looking building that was surrounded by a lush park.

Families sat around trees having picnics with the high rising buildings in the background. Frisbeeā€™s were thrown between colts and fillies as they played in the bright sunny day. Pegasus flew over head, some were racing each other across the sky, laughing in joy.

The stallion in his strange clothes on the warm day tugged the collar of his grey-olive jacket with his magic. The collar glowed in a dark red glow as he did. He walked briskly across the concrete paths towards the large building.

He slowly trotted up the steps of the building and entered through the motion doors. Nodding at the doors as he entered the building, he passed through a small gate and into the library.

===================================================================================

"Excuse me Ma'am. Can you show me to the history and geography sections." Rust asked a librarian at a nearby desk.

The librarian looked up from her desk. She was an older mare with graying hair and half moon glasses. Her coat was a cream color.

"Right away sir. Please follow me." She said, getting up from her desk.

Rust nodded and followed close behind her as they wove through the rows of books towards the western side of the library. They slowly came to a stop.

"This is the history section." She said, then she point her hoof to her left. "Thata' way down two rows is the geography sections. Is there anything I can do for you sonny?" She looked up at Rust.

He shook his head. "No ma'am. That's all."

She nods. "You a military pony? Or just dressing up?"

Rust chuckles. "Military. I'm Commander Rust Metal ma'am."

"Rose Page honey." Said the old mare before she turned and trotted off back the way they came.

Rust heard her say something as she went. "What a nice and respectful lad. Wish my grandson was like that."

Rust chuckled to himself and looked at the bookshelf. He scanned it and then spotted a 'General History of Equestria' book. He grabbed it with his magic and sat down. Opening it to the table of contents. He skimmed the table of contents till he saw what he was looking for. Opening it to the page he wanted, he started reading.

Minutes turned to hours as he read through the book. Eventually he closed the book, fully reading it. He let out a small sigh and shelved the book. Getting up, he trotted off towards the geography section. He turned a corner and entered a small space that had a small table with the complete map of Equestria on it and bookshelves surrounding it.

Rust trotted up to the map and looked down at it. He started tracing lines and then got to his destination.

Nodding, he memorized it.

'Alright. Ponyville. Probably my best bet on finding descendants of Haveners. Or Haveners themselves.'

He turned and started walking towards the front. He waved to Rose as he trotted past and out the doors. It was late afternoon. He started walking down the steps and out of the park. He had stopped once to ask a nice couple where the train station was. They were happy to tell him. Now following their directions, he headed towards the train station.

It was around dusk when he got to the train station. It seemed to have been the last ride of the night. Rust quickly galloped towards the ticket booth.

"Wait! I need to get on the train." He said.

The pony at the booth gave him a slightly bored expression. "Alright. Where to?"

"Ponyville. How much?" Rust asked quickly.

"20 bits. 25 with food." The pony told him.

"Alright. I ain't got bits, but I got G. Will you take that?" Rust asked, holding up several gold coins.

The ticket seller's eyes widened a bit. "Yes. We'll take those."

Rust paid and quickly rushed towards the train with ticket in his magical grasp.

He quickly ran on board and took a seat. Breathing slightly heavily from the extensive running, he let out a breath of relief. He turned his head out the window to see the city of Fillydelphia shrink into the setting sun as the train headed off.

He leaned his head back and closed his eyes.

===================================================================================

Back at the train station, the ticket seller took the gold to his manager after closing up.

The young stallion knocked on his bosses door.

"Come in." A voice called.

The stallion enter the office, gold in hoof.

"Um sir, a strange patron bought a ticket today...but he didn't pay in bits."

"Then what did he pay in?"

"Well....um...."

"Spit it out son!"

"He paid in what he called G." He set the coins onto the desk.

The manger leaned over, taking a good look at the coins. He looked up at the ticket seller and back at the coins.

"Son, tell me exactly what happened." The manger said in a serious tone.

The ticket seller gulped, his boss never talked like this.

"Um...well you see. I was just getting ready to close for the night when I heard a stallion call to wait. I look up to see a red unicorn in this weird uniform. Like a dark green or something. He rushed over and bought a ticket to Ponyville. I told him the price and he said he didn't have bits, but 'G' as he called these. Then he held up the coins and I took them and gave his the ticket. And off he went. And here I am....sir" The ticket seller gulped one more time.

The manager nodded. "Alright. Off with you now. You didn't do anything wrong."

The ticket seller let out a sigh of relief. He turned and trotted out of the office, he close the door behind him.

Once the door was close, the manger spun in his chair and picked up a pen and started writing.

Author's Note:

Thought we could use a chapter with dear old Rust.


Maybe you can see me on Pony.town or Ashes.town as him. Maybe. :yay:

Comments ( 3 )

Once the door was close, the manger spun in his chair and picked up a pen and started writing.

This is eather going to be good or bad.

10134396
Or its going to be non important and I was filling in for content. :trollestia:

May be on hiatus, but it still has caught my interest.

Login or register to comment