• Published 24th Feb 2020
  • 18,896 Views, 4,042 Comments

Spike The Brony Dragon - red4567



A human in Spike's body will do whatever he can to change the future for the better.

  • ...
128
 4,042
 18,896

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 87 (What about Discord?)

I skipped “The Mane Attraction.” There was nothing for me to change. As much as I wanted to punch Svengallop so hard that his nose would end up in his brain, I needed to not let my rage take over me like it did in “Filli Vanilli”. Since I never saw him in later episodes excluding background moments, there was no need to do anything.

There was one episode that had a mystery I really needed to solve, anyway. The one with Discord and Twilight’s friends. In the show, Twilight and Spike would be stuck in the castle for three whole days and miss out on something with her friends. What I wanted to know was how the inside jokes came to be.

I had one idea I could do to find out about these inside jokes and get Twilight to do the same. I could join Discord and the rest of the girls while also taking pictures and writing notes. If that doesn’t work, I could try to find that flashback potion Twilight used when the Everfree Forest attacked Ponyville. I remembered that Zecora had it last, but I don’t know if there’s still some left or if Zecora has to make more.


I was in my room fiddling with my camera. I restored the flash to its original setting and got some more film for the pictures.

“Hey, Spike.” Starlight peeked into my room.

“Starlight.” I sat up from my bed. “I thought you were doing friendship lessons with Twilight.”

“Twilight said I could take the next three days off.” Starlight walked in holding a kite. “She wanted to do something called ‘book-sort-cation.’”

“Oh, I see.” I got off the bed. “Go on ahead and enjoy yourself. I’ll go talk to her.”

I entered the library to see mountains of books piled everywhere. The shelves themselves were bare.

“Hey, Twilight,” I said. “You’re going to be sorting all these books again? I could’ve sworn we’ve done this recently.”

“Yes, but that was because we needed to. This is just because I want to. I call it my ‘book-sort-cation.’ Three uninterrupted days of reorganizing books. Can you think of anything more relaxing?”

Listening to smooth jazz, laying down at a beach, drinking hot tea, cuddling with your special somepony…

“I guess I’ll leave you to it,” I said as I left the library. “If anything happens in the next three days, I’ll make a note of it for you to read later.”

I left the castle with my handy notebook and my dandy camera. I thought about what events would happen, where they would occur, and when they would show up. It didn’t help that I didn’t have much to go by.

I remember it all started when the girls and Discord all had lunch together. I would need to—

BUMP!!

I collided with Fluttershy and fell to the ground.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, Spike,” Fluttershy apologized. “Didn’t see you there.”

“It’s okay,” I replied as Fluttershy helped me up.

“What are you up to?”

“Twilight is working on her book-sort-cation, so she’s going to be busy for the next three days.” I showed Fluttershy my camera and notebook. “I figured that she might miss out on something, so I’m keeping track of all the events that might happen this weekend. Speaking of which.” I opened my notebook. “‘I bump into Fluttershy.’”

“I don’t think you need to keep track of everything, Spike.”

“Hey, you never know. So what’s been going on with you?”

“Well, the girls and I were planning a lunch date together. You can join, too, if you’re interested.”

“Actually, I would. Count me in.”

I hopped on Fluttershy’s back. That’s when I noticed an odd occurrence.

“Hey, Fluttershy, since when did you have two shadows?” I asked.

“What do you mean?” Fluttershy looked at the ground. “I’ve only got one...two? How is that—?”

“Surprise!” The shadow gained a face.

Fluttershy nearly threw me off, but I kept hold of her coat. A figure emerged from the shadows to reveal himself.

“Oh, Discord,” Fluttershy sighed. “It’s just you.”

“Without a shadow of a doubt,” Discord replied.

I groaned and rubbed my face.

“Hey, I thought it was a good pun,” Discord defended. “Anywho, would it be too much trouble if I could join your posse? I could use a bite to eat myself.”

“The more, the merrier,” Fluttershy replied.

That depends on who’s merrier.

Fluttershy, Discord, and I joined up with the other girls.

“Oh, I was not aware that Discord would be joining us,” Rarity said.

“And where’s Twilight?” Applejack asked.

“I'm afraid Twilight cannot be with us because she is working on sorting her books,” Discord replied.

“Then why can’t we just invite her?” Rainbow asked. “I can go and get her right now!”

Discord pinched her tail. “Now, now. We cannot interfere with Twilight when she is in her ‘sorting mode.’ We all know how she is with her organization skills.”

“For once, Discord’s got a point,” Applejack said. “Twilight’s always one to stress about being neat and tidy. It’d be best not to disturb her.”

“If you girls want, I could substitute for her.” Discord put on a Twilight wig.

“Oh, hey, Twilight!” Pinkie greeted Discord. “We were just talking about you. Glad you could show up. Say, did you know that Discord was standing in the exact same spot as you a few moments ago?”

“I think we can manage without her,” Fluttershy said.

“Ugh, fine. Whatever you say.” Discord removed the wig.

“Hi again, Discord!” Pinkie exclaimed. “You just missed Twilight. She was just here a moment ago. I don’t know where she is now, or how she traveled so fast without casting magic.”


We all sat down at a nearby restaurant. I checked my notes in case I missed anything, but so far I was able to write most of the important events.

I could’ve gotten Twilight to join us like what Rainbow was trying to do, but maybe she would understand the inside jokes if I wrote down what happened. At least it would be better than the girls trying to explain everything.

“Ugh, you have got to be kidding me!” Rarity looked at the menu in disgust.

“I know, right?” Pinkie asked. “There’s hardly any dessert options!”

“I was talking about the menu’s design, darling.” Rarity pointed to one of the words. “This font clashes entirely with the color of the tablecloth!” She rubbed her hoof over the red fabric.

“Seriously, Rares?” Rainbow asked. “You care more about the design of the menu instead of the price or contents of the food?”

“Well, I very much should. No point in making delectable and affordable nourishment when you cannot possibly offer a suitable atmosphere to dine in.”

The rest of the lunch date was uneventful. While we did mingle with each other, I haven’t noticed anything that would lead up to the peanut butter jar joke. I wondered if Discord was trying to prevent this episode from happening since he knew I was keeping track of everything.

After our soups, the girls wanted to order dessert. Contrary to what Pinkie said, the dessert menu had plenty of choices. I guess working at a place that sells nothing but desserts can spoil a pony like Pinkie Pie.

“Ooh, now isn't this interesting?” Discord asked as he looked at his respective menu. “Toasted rye bread topped with peanut butter and cut into circles. Looks like it is called the ‘Peanut-Butter Hoof.’”

Applejack cringed. “‘Peanut-Butter Hoof’? Blegh! Not even with jelly!”

Everypony and Discord immediately burst out laughing. I slipped my notebook out and scribbled down the event.

In all honesty, that was pretty funny in context.

“Good one, AJ!” Pinkie giggled. “Did you come up with that yourself?”

“Uh…pretty much, heh,” Applejack replied. “Didn’t think it was that funny.”

“Are you kidding?” Discord asked. “With a joke like that, you should’ve been the Element of Laughter.”

“Hey! The position’s already filled!” Pinkie retorted.

“Well, shucks,” Applejack said. “We’ve all got our funny moments, whether or not they’re peanut-butter-related.”

“You know…” Fluttershy looked at the menu. “The ‘Peanut-Butter Hoof’ doesn’t sound all that appetizing now that Applejack mentioned it.”

“No kidding,” Rainbow said. “It sounds like what somepony would get after they got their hooves stuck in peanut butter jars.”

Discord steepled his fingers. “That gives me an idea.” He stood up from the table. “Allow me to present my own version of the ‘peanut-butter hoof.’”

With a snap, Discord spawned peanut butter jars on his foot and hoof. He then tap danced across the ground and on the table. The girls applauded amusingly. Surprisingly, so did I. I even took a few photos.

I guess Twilight did have to be here to find it funny.

After dessert, everypony went their separate ways. Fluttershy and I hung out at her cottage.

“I noticed that we’ve hung out with Discord and not once did we get annoyed or bothered by his antics,” I said.

“It’s like I said once before, he’s a real sweetheart once you get to know him,” said Fluttershy.

“If you like Discord so much, why don’t you marry him?” I joked.

“Because I don’t know if polygamy is legal in Ponyville, let alone in Equestria,” Fluttershy joked back.

We both shared a laugh.

I sighed. “Anyway, it’s a shame Twilight had to miss out on this unforgettable luncheon. At least she can look at the pictures and read my notes if she’s ever curious.”

“That’s true.” Fluttershy stared out into the distance. “But we all miss out on some events. I’m sure Twilight would understand that she doesn’t have to be with her friends all the time.”

The rest of the day was uneventful. I didn’t hear anything from Applejack, Discord, or the other girls, so I assumed the snake and orange incidents would occur the next two days. I returned to the castle to get some sleep.


The next morning, I woke up around the usual time and did my morning routine. I didn’t see Twilight at breakfast, but for some reason, I didn’t see Starlight either.

Maybe she stayed up late.

I shrugged it off. I grabbed my camera and notebook, and I hurried to Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack was by the barn.

“Howdy Spike,” Applejack greeted.

“‘Applejack says hello to me,’” I wrote.

“Why are ya jottin’ that down?”

“‘Applejack wonders why I’m writing in this journal.’”

“Alright, cut that out!”

“‘Applejack wants me to…’ Oh, sorry.” I put the notebook away. “I just want to make sure that Twilight doesn’t miss out on anything.”

“Well, I’m afraid there ain’t gonna be anything worth missin’ out on. It’s a slow day here on Sweet Apple Acres.”

“‘Applejack tempts fate,’” I scribbled.

“Aside from a dragon who’s narratin’ like he’s in some sort of detective story.”

I giggled sheepishly. “Would you mind if I helped out around the farm?”

“The rest of our friends are gonna come over to do so, but you can lend a hoof...or hand…with organizin’ the barn.”

“Okay.”

Applejack and I finished putting the tools back in their respective place when we saw the rest of the Mane 6 sans Twilight entering the farm. Discord was also with them.

“Howdy gals…and Discord,” Applejack greeted. “Fancy seein’ you again so soon.”

“What? Is there a limit to how often I should see you all?” Discord asked. “If anything, I am not seeing you enough.”

“Er, anyway, I’m glad ya’ll could make it. Applebloom and I were tasked with workin’ on the garden, and we could use the extra hooves.”

Applejack assigned us each to different assignments . I was tasked to plow some of the fields with the farm pony.

We were about halfway done with the tilling when I heard Applejack snicker.

“What are you chuckling about?” I asked.

“Oh, sorry.” Applejack adjusted her hat. “I was just thinkin’ about yesterday and all the craziness that went down. Especially with the ‘Peanut Butter Hoof’ jokes.”

“Yeah, that was rather eventful. Then again, with Discord around, when is it not?”

Applejack and I finished up plowing the fields in no time flat.

“Mighty fine plowin’,” Applejack said. “I’ll have Pinkie ‘n’ Fluttershy get the seeds and we—”

“YAAAHHH!!!”

Both of us jumped in fright. Before we could process what happened, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applebloom and Discord ran from the barn.

“Take cover!” Applebloom shouted. “Hurry!”

Rarity, Applejack, Applebloom and I hid in the nearby bushes while the rest of the group scaled the trees.

“What are we hiding from?” I whispered.

“The snake!” Applebloom wheezed.

“A snake?”

“Rainbow Dash saw it!”

“What did this snake look like, sugarcube?” Applejack asked.

Rainbow Dash’s head popped from the trees. “Well, it was big, and long, and green…”

Applejack furrowed her eyebrows. “Where was this snake?”

“At the shady side of the barn. It was dark, but I could tell it was a snake because it made a loud hissing sound. Everypony who was nearby heard it, too.”

“Oh, for Pete’s sake!” Applejack left the bush. “Ya’ll were spooked by the garden hose!”

“No I wasn’t!” Rainbow flew down. “The hose would make a gurgling sound, not a hissing sound.”

“That’s because sometimes there’s a heap of air in the pipes after a period of unuse. Somepony else might’ve turned on the hose and caused the air to escape. That must've been what scared ya’ll. Come on.”

Everypony and non-pony returned to the barn. Applejack and I went to the shady side to see nothing but a garden hose.

“See? What did I tell ya?” Applejack asked. “You must’ve mistaken the hose for a snake.”

She walked up to the hose and turned the tap. It made a deafening fizz before squirting out water.

“Nothing to worry about,” Applejack said as she turned the water off.

“So the shade made the hose look like a snake, and the trapped air made it sound like a snake,” Pinkie said, “so what’s making it move up your leg like a snake?”

“That would be…WHAT?!”

Applejack jerked her head around to see the hose slithering up her hind leg. She jumped a whole meter to escape. The garden hose snake danced and hissed. I swiftly snapped a picture of it.

“What in tarnation is causing that?!”

That’s when we all heard the sound of music that would be heard in a Middle Eastern bazaar. We turned around to see Discord sitting on a rug, sporting a turban, and playing a flute.

“Oh, I am sorry.” Discord stood up. “Was this a bad time to be practicing my pungi?”

He despawned his items, and the hose collapsed to the ground.

“Ya tryin’ to give me a heart attack, Discord?!” Applejack exclaimed.

“Now, now, Applejack,” Rarity said calmly. “There is no need to act so hysterical.”

Everyone except Applejack, Rarity, and me gave a hearty laugh.

“What’s so funny? All I said was…oh…” The realization hit Rarity, causing her to cover her eyes. “‘Hiss-terical.’ I did not mean to intentionally provide such a pun.”

“To be honest, I can’t be plum mad after hearing a joke like that,” Applejack smirked.

The rest of the day went by quickly. I wrote down the events that occurred. That was two inside jokes that finally got their context revealed. All that was left was the orange joke, and I had a feeling it would happen the next day.


A new day arrived. Once again, I didn’t see Starlight nor Twilight at breakfast.

I was on my way to Sugarcube Corner when I saw Rarity looking through one of the windows of the Golden Oaks Library.

“Hello, Rarity,” I greeted. “You do realize you can simply go into the library if you’re looking for a book.”

“That’s the issue, Spikey-Wikey,” Rarity replied. “I’ve been trying to enter the establishment, but for some reason, it’s closed and Moondancer is nowhere in sight.”

“Maybe Moondancer closes the library on certain days of the week.”

“That couldn’t be it. The hours have not changed even after you and Twilight moved out.”

“Weird. Oh, well. She probably took the day off. Do you want to see what the other girls are up to?”

“I might as well. My attempts to bring back a historical fashion statement will have to wait for another day.”

Rarity and I walked down the road to Sugarcube Corner. I had a feeling some of the girls would be there.

“Just out of curiosity, are you still writing down every event happening and taking pictures for Twilight?” Rarity asked.

“Yeah, I am.” I showed her my notebook and camera. “After all, her book-sort-cation is still going on, but I’m sure today’s the last day.”

“I sure hope so, darling. I hate to admit it, but she’s been missing out on quite a few events these last couple of days.”

When we arrived at Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, and Discord were giggling at a nearby table. Fluttershy had just sat down with them, but she didn’t join them with the snickering.

“What’s going on here?” I asked as we grouped with the clique.

“I just thought of an awesome prank we could pull on Applejack,” Rainbow replied. “Discord will turn the apple trees into oranges, and we’ll pretend she’s been running an orange farm. Of course, we’ll reveal the prank if things go too far.”

Pinkie chuckled. “We must do that! We’ve got to make those apple trees orange!”

“While it is not in my nature to be mischievous,” Rarity said, “Applejack has been late for our spa days together one too many times already. I understand she has chores to be done and the farm cannot take care of itself, but at this point in time she hasn’t found some way to improve her punctuality. I wish to be a part of your scheme.”

“I never thought you of all ponies to join us, but welcome aboard, Rarity,” Discord said. “I think I’ve got some prank membership cards somewhere.”

“How about you two?” Pinkie asked Fluttershy and me. “You in?”

“Sure.” I shrugged.

“Um…I don’t know…” Fluttershy rubbed her foreleg. “What if Applejack gets angry or traumatized?”

“It’s not a harmful prank, Fluttershy,” Pinkie said. “Discord can turn the trees back into apples just as quickly as he can turn them into oranges.”

“But still…is pranking one of our friends a good idea? I can’t help but feel sorry for what’s about to happen for her.”

“Oh, please Fluttershy,” Rainbow groaned. “You’d feel sorry for anypony no matter what prank is done. One time, you sympathized with the pony who fell for my loosened-salt-shaker prank, even though they genuinely laughed it off.”

“Well, those fries were ruined and had gone to waste.”

“They were fast food fries!”

“If you’re that concerned for Applejack, darling, you may comfort her after the practical joke is finished,” Rarity suggested.

“Uh, okay,” Fluttershy replied.

“So, here’s the prank…” Rainbow motioned us together.


At the farm, Rainbow Dash and I went up the hill to the barn.

“Now, you know what to do, right?” Rainbow whispered to me.

“Yes, we’ll keep Applejack in the barn until Pinkie gives the signal, then you ask your question to Applejack,” I replied.

“Exactly.”

Rainbow Dash knocked on the double doors.

“Come in,” Applejack called out from the other side.

Dashie and I entered. I kept the doors closed behind me.

“Hey, Applejack,” Rainbow greeted. “Need help with anything?”

“Uh…oh, sure,” Applejack replied. “My tools need reorganizing.”

“Huh? But I thought you organized them yester—OW!”

I nudged Rainbow Dash.

“I mean…sure, we’ll help you,” Rainbow replied, rubbing her side.

RD and I rearranged the tools with Applejack. That’s when somepony knocked on the window.

“What was that?” Applejack asked.

“Uh…it was just me playing with the tools,” Rainbow replied as she tapped some of the tools. “Shave and a manecut, two bits!”

“They ain’t musical instruments, Rainbow Starr. They’re farming instruments. I’d appreciate it if you could tell the difference.”

“Very funny.” Rainbow cleared her throat. “Quick question: why are you named ‘Applejack’?”

“Well…my parents named me after an alcoholic drink made from apples. Granny told me it was mighty hard for them to come up with the name. In fact, it wasn’t until breakfast time after I was born that they…”

“No, I mean, why is your name apple-related?”

“Look at the trees outside and tell me what’s on ‘em.”

Rainbow looked out the window. “Oranges?”

Applejack’s ears drooped. “Ah! Did ya get knocked upside the head one too many times?!” Applejack stomped outside the barn. “As you can see, they’re clearly…what in tarnation?!”

True to Rainbow’s word, every tree within sight was covered in oranges. Rainbow’s snickers were audible through her hooves and wings. I pulled out my camera. Words could not describe how dumbfounded Applejack was.

Nor would they describe what happened next.

“Well…I guess I better buck ‘em then.”

Rainbow immediately stopped laughing. I lowered my camera. Applejack carried some baskets to one of the trees.

“Did…did we break her mind or something?” Rainbow asked worryingly. “I’d expect a… ‘what have ya done to mah trees?!’ or a ‘gimme back mah apples or Ah’ll get sore!’ but I didn’t expect this.”

“Me neither,” I said as I put the camera away.

With all the trees sprouting oranges, it wasn’t like Applejack to take it so well. Something had to be up with her.

Rainbow and I caught up with the farm pony.

“Applejack, are you alright?” I asked.

“Never better,” Applejack replied as she bucked one of the trees.

“Are you sure?” Rainbow asked. “There’s no…sudden snaps or hidden feelings of anger?”

“Nope.” Applejack bucked one of the trees, and the oranges filled the baskets.

I looked to see Rarity and Pinkie, peeking out from the bushes all confused. I shrugged back at them.

Rarity left the bushes.

“Er, pardon me, Applejack,” Rarity said, “I was in the area, and I couldn’t help but notice that the fruits on your trees have been changed.”

“Good to know you have eyes, Rarity,” Applejack snarked.

“Aren’t you a teensy bit upset?” Pinkie asked as she followed Rarity.

“Not at all.” Applejack bucked the tree again.

Rarity bit her lower lip. She couldn’t take it anymore.

“Applejack, look! We’re sorry!” Rarity cried. “Please don’t do anything rash or explode in a rage! We can simply turn the oranges back into apples! This was all just a simple prank by Discord, alright?! A prank by Discord!”

“Who said it wasn’t?” asked Applejack.

“Wait, what?!” Pinkie exclaimed.

Applejack laughed. “Gotcha!”

Discord and Fluttershy appeared from behind her. For the first time today, the yellow pegasus had a big smirk on her face.

“Which one of you told her?!” Rainbow asked.

“Both of us, actually,” Fluttershy replied.

“You see, I know Fluttershy and how she can, or rather cannot, handle pranks,” Discord narrated, “and I could not let my dear friend see another one of her friends get mad at a prank. Thus, we both agreed to tell Applejack about the prank in advance and add our own twist to this practical joke.”

“Since when was Applejack into pranking others?” Rarity pondered. “And yes, I’m aware of my hypocrisy.”

“To make a long story short…never,” Applejack replied. “When Discord first offered me a role in his trickery, I gave 'im a hard pass. But then I heard from Fluttershy what ya’ll were plannin’, so I decided to listen in to what they had to say. Now, I ain’t one to lie, but I do know how to keep a secret.”

“I don’t know whether to be mad at Discord for tricking us, or be impressed by how he turned the tables on us like that,” Rainbow said.

“How about mad-pressed?” Pinkie suggested.

“Well, Fluttershy,” Discord said. “Aren’t you glad we told Applejack in advance?”

Fluttershy giggled. “Orange…”

“Oh, so it is only funny when I don’t force the pun.”


After Discord turned the trees back into Apples, everypony and non-pony left the farm. I rode on Rarity’s back to the castle.

“I must say, this has been quite a weekend,” Rarity said. “From the lunch date to the sentient garden hose to the fruit transformation, I pity Twilight for not witnessing this with us.”

“Well, I’m hoping my notes and pictures will help Twilight understand our potential inside jokes.”

“Even so, she won’t experience it the same way as we did. I do hope she doesn’t grow jealous of our time with Discord.”

“I hope not.”

Once Rarity arrived at the front doors, I hopped off and went up the stairs.

“Rarity, if you could,” I said, “bring the girls and Discord to the throne room tomorrow. That way we can all paint a picture of our weekend to Twilight.”

“I shall try. Enjoy the rest of your day, Spikey-Wikey.”

I entered the castle and went into my room. I laid out my notebook, my camera, and all the photos I took for the past three days. I checked over every important detail, and edited every entry needed.

Remember, Spike. You can still get that flashback potion should all else fail.


Morning arrived. I gathered up my collage and made my way to the throne room. That’s when I picked up the sound of mares laughing. One of them I recognized.

Twilight? Did the girls arrive already?

I opened the doors to see Twilight chatting with Moondancer, Starlight, and Minuette.

“Uh, morning girls,” I greeted.

“Spike, good morning.” Twilight got off her seat.

“So, how was your book-sort-cation?” I asked as Twilight and I shared a hug.

“It was certainly enjoyable.” Twilight looked at Starlight. “In fact, you could say it was rather ‘ex-kite-ing’!”

Sparkle and Glimmer laughed. I raised my eyebrows.

“Of course, you don’t have to ‘scope’ out much to see how something even as book-sorting can be fun,” Moondancer added with a chuckle.

My arms drooped to the side.

Minuette said, “When it comes to relaxation, it’s not that much of a ‘stretch.’”

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” I exclaimed exasperatedly.

“Spike, what’s wrong?” A smile ran away from Twilight’s face.

“I did all of this for nothing!” I looked at my photos and notes.

The double doors opened behind me.

“We’re here!” Rainbow announced. “Oh, hey Twilight…and Starlight, Moondancer, and Minuette.”

“What’s going on with Spike?” Rarity asked.

“That’s what I’m trying to figure out,” Twilight replied. “What’s all that stuff you’re holding, Spike?”

“It was memorabilia for all the events the girls, Discord, and I had during the past three days,” I replied. “I kept track of everything so you wouldn’t miss out on any inside jokes. But now I find out that you’ve made inside jokes of your own, making my notetaking all but pointless!”

“Why is this such a big deal to you?”

“Because I didn’t want you to get jealous of our activities.”

“Oh, Spike. I am a little jealous that I couldn’t hang out with you or the others, but that’s okay. I can’t always be with all my friends.”

“I can vouch for that.” Pinkie raised her hoof.

“But you don’t have to go out of your way to write down everything that has happened. If I wished to know what happened, I would ask.”

I answered, “But I’m afraid all the girls and Discord would say is, ‘You had to be there.’”

“Now why would we ever say anything like that?” Discord innocently asked.

My only reply was an unamused glare.

“You don’t have to worry about me missing out on anything, Spike,” Twilight said. “You should enjoy the time you have. Sure, I would envy your time with the girls and Discord, but I won’t let a few missed moments ruin a lasting friendship between everypony…and non-pony.”

I sighed. “I guess you’re right, but just to be on the safe side...” I handed Twilight the photos and notebook. “...you can look and read these in your spare time.”

“Thanks, Spike.” Twilight clapped her hooves together. “Since everyone’s here, why don’t we go out for brunch together?”

Everyone shared an agreement.

“Great! I know just the place.”

“I do hope it has menus with better designs than the other restaurant we went to,” Rarity said.

“And better dessert options,” Pinkie added.

In the end, I was disappointed that Twilight didn’t need to learn about the inside jokes; however, the silver lining was that I was able to figure out what happened with Discord and the girls during the book-sort-cation weekend. Thus, it wasn’t a total loss.

Now I want to know what Twilight’s inside jokes were.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry if this took a while.

PreviousChapters Next