• Published 24th Feb 2020
  • 18,845 Views, 4,041 Comments

Spike The Brony Dragon - red4567



A human in Spike's body will do whatever he can to change the future for the better.

  • ...
128
 4,041
 18,845

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 1 (Friendship is Magic Part 1)

When I woke up, I felt like I got hit by a truck.

Ugh, my head.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I had no idea how long I was asleep. When I opened my eyes, I noticed I wasn't home anymore.

The room looked like a high-class library. Somehow, it seemed familiar to me. A much bigger bed stood next to me. As I exited my bed, I felt like I've shrunk.

"Hello?" I called out. I suddenly covered my mouth. That wasn't my voice, it was someone else's.

As I removed my hands, I noticed that they were not human hands. They were purple and scaly. I looked down at my body. My belly was purple and green, and I had two small feet that were also purple.

My eyes widened. I knew what happened to me. I searched around the room and found a mirror. I looked into it, and my assumptions were correct. Instead of a human, my reflection was a dragon. Not just any dragon. It was Spike the Dragon.

I liked Spike as much as the next brony, but never had I thought I was going to be him. I pinched myself, but the pain indicated it was no dream.

I'm Spike. I'm in Equestria...wait...

I was in Equestria. I was in one of my favorite fictional places. I could finally interact with all my favorite ponies and non-ponies. Aside from being a dragon, it was like a dream come true. I gave a big grin.

I looked in the mirror again and noticed Spike didn't have any wings. I must've traveled back before Spike's, or “my” in this case, molt. That's when I realized I should find out what day it was. I searched for a calendar. There was one on a nightstand that said it was the middle of June. There was printed text that said, “Summer Sun Celebration,” along with something handwritten on the same date.

"Moondancer's Birthday."

It was then I knew when and where I was. I was at the very first episode. I knew what was going to happen. Twilight Sparkle will say that Nightmare Moon is returning, then Princess Celestia will say she should make some friends, and then Twilight and her new friends will defeat Nightmare Moon and save Princess Luna.

That got me thinking. What if I could change what would happen? I could prevent major disasters from happening, or find a different way to stop them. Of course, there would still be some things that I may not stop, like the Storm King coming or King Sombra returning. But since I was here, I was going to try to fix as much as I could.

A present nearby caught my eye. I read the tag. It said:

"To Moondancer
From Spike"

Must be for Moondancer's party.

I picked up the present and walked to the door. But suddenly, I stopped. I took a couple of steps back and waited a bit. I heard hoofbeats approaching, followed by the doors slamming open. And unlike last time, I wasn't knocked back.

You're welcome, Spike.

A purple unicorn ran into the room and up the stairs. The violet mane and the sparkling cutie mark told me that this was Twilight Sparkle. She didn't know it yet, but she was going to be the most famous mare in all of Equestria.

"Spike! Spike! Spike?!" Twilight called out.

"I'm right here, Twilight," I answered. "What is it?"

"There you are. Quick, find me that old copy of Predictions and Prophecies." She then noticed the present. "What's that for?"

"It's for Moondancer's party."

"Oh, Spike, you know we don't have time for that sort of thing."

Wow. I almost forgot how antisocial Twilight was.

Not wasting time, I placed the present on a nearby table and climbed the ladder. Thank goodness Twilight's a neat freak, because I found the book in no time.

"I found it, Twilight! Catch!" I threw the book in Twilight's direction. I didn't have to worry about her pulling me off the ladder with her magic. "Why do you need that book, anyway? Is the mare in the moon coming to visit?" I chuckled.

"That's not funny, Spike!" Twilight yelled as she flipped through the pages of the book. "Aha! 'Elements of Harmony, see: Mare in the Moon'?"

"Oh, come on, Twilight. It's just an old ponies' tale," I said. I knew it wasn't, but I needed to stay in character so nopony will get suspicious.

Twilight continued looking through the book. "Mare, mare... aha! 'The Mare in the Moon, myth from olden pony times. A powerful pony who wanted to rule Equestria, defeated by the Elements of Harmony and imprisoned in the moon. Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape, and she will bring about nighttime eternal'!" She then gasped. "Spike! Do you know what this means?!"

"The mare in the moon is actually coming to visit?" I asked.

"Exactly. Take a note, please. To the princess." Twilight handed me a quill and paper.

"Okie dokey." I was about to say "loki" after that, but since we haven't met Pinkie yet, I decided to drop it.

Twilight cleared her throat. “My dearest teacher, my continuing studies of pony magic have led me to discover that we are on the precipice of disaster! For you see, the mythical Mare in the Moon is in fact Nightmare Moon, and she's about to return to Equestria, and bring with her eternal night! Something must be done to make sure this terrible prophecy does not come true. I await your quick response. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.”

It was hard to keep up with her, but at least I understood what she meant by “precipice.”

“Okay, got it,” I said.

“Great,” said Twilight. “Send it.”

That’s when something flashed across my mind. I had no idea how Spike used his firebreath to send scrolls.

How did he do it? Does he subconsciously say where to send the letter? How does he even breath fire?

“Now, Spike!”

“Sorry!” I decided to go with my gut feeling. I said in my mind, “Send this to Princess Celestia,” and blew on the scroll. Fire came out of my mouth and sent the scroll away. I really dodged a bullet there. I hated to see the look on Twilight's face if I burned the scroll by mistake.

Then I remembered something. I looked under the bookshelves and found the book I was looking for.

“Hey, Twilight, have you read this book yet?” I showed it to her.

Perfection: The Impossible Pursuit,” Twilight read. “Oh, I forgot about that. I’ll have to read that some other time, though. Because now, we’ve got a problem on our hooves. The day after tomorrow is the thousandth year of the Summer Sun Celebration! That's the day Nightmare Moon arrives! It's imperative that the Princess is told right away!”

“We could always return the book if you’re not going to read it. Where’s your library card?”

Just then my stomach started squeezing. I felt like I just drank a gallon of root beer. Quickly, I dropped the book and aimed my head to the sky. With a loud belch, a scroll appeared out of thin air.

“I knew she would want to take immediate action,” Twilight said.

I sighed and cleared my throat. “My dearest, most faithful student Twilight. You know that I value your diligence and that I trust you completely, but you simply must stop reading those dusty old books!” I heard Twilight gasp. “Meet me near the castle grounds, and I will speak to you about this ’precipice’. Signed, Princess Celestia.”

Twilight groaned. I figured she would react like that, even though it was never shown in the show.

“Twilight, why don’t you go and see what Celestia wants? I need to take care of some things.”

“Fine.” She handed me her library card. “If you’re gonna return that book, then go ahead. But don’t lose my card!”

“I won’t.”

Twilight headed out. I grabbed the book, the card, and the present and headed out as well. As I was running, I realized something. I don’t know where the library was. Thankfully, I didn’t have to run far to see a map of Canterlot. After reading the map, I noticed that the library was close to where I was, so I went there first.

I entered the library and headed to where Dusty Pages was.

“Hey, there, Spike,” she said. “Good to see you.”

“Likewise,” I said. “I came to return a book for Twilight.”

“Ah, yes, Perfection: The Impossible Pursuit. It’s a very popular book. I’m glad you could return it for her.”

“Well, I didn’t want her reputation as the ‘best book borrower’ go down the drain.”

Dusty chuckled as she stamped the ticket in the book. “Yet another book from Twilight that’s been turned in on time. Thank you. Do tell Twilight I said ‘hello’.”

“Will do. See you later, Dusty Pages.” As I headed out the library, I couldn’t help but think I should’ve left the book where it was, as it could teach Twilight that perfection isn’t everything. Then again, I don’t think she even read it after keeping it. I still hated that trivia episode.

Now that the book was returned, I needed to get to Moondancer’s party. But I had no idea where Moondancer lives, and it wasn’t like there were signs telling me who lived where. That’s when I noticed one of the royal guards.

“Excuse me,” I said to him. “Can you tell me where Moondancer lives?”

The guard nodded and escorted me to Moondancer’s place. I saw balloons and ribbons everywhere. I thanked the guard and headed inside. Moondancer and her friends where already setting up the party.

I called out to Moondancer. “Moondancer! Over here.”

“Oh hey, Spike! Where’s Twilight? She’s missing out on the party.”

“That’s the thing,” I said. “Twilight can’t come to your party.”

“Aww.” Moondancer sighed. "Why not?"

“Don't take it the wrong way. It’s not that she doesn’t want to hang out with you or the other girls. Twilight would love to come to your party. It’s just that Princess Celestia wants Twilight to go to Ponyville for some reason, and it must be important if it’s a task from the Princess. I promise, Twilight and I will come visit you when we get the chance.”

“I understand. Thank you for telling me, Spike.”

“You’re welcome. Oh, and...Happy Birthday, Moondancer.” I gave her my present.

“Thanks.” She took the present and then hugged me. This was the first time I was hugged by a pony. It was actually very nice. After she let go, I took one of the cookies and headed out.

I was really proud of myself. I returned Twilight’s book, and I saved her friend from a heartbreak. That was two episodes resolved early. Still, though, I would've liked it if Moondancer was wearing her sweater. I thought she looked really cute in it.

Author's Note:

The title of the episodes indicate when each chapter took place.

PreviousChapters Next