• Published 26th Jan 2020
  • 1,074 Views, 8 Comments

Life From Strife - Draxonos135



When Sunset and friends' "Friendship Beam" proves to be stronger than expected, the Canterlot Movie Club try to revive the Dazzlings before the Rainbooms find out.

  • ...
10
 8
 1,074

The Dazzlings - Life From Strife

Adagio looked at her hands and clenched her fists twice, getting a feel for her new body while Aria and Sonata walked by her sides, looking at her with confusion.

"We really did come back to life, but how?" Adagio lowered her eyelids. "There was nobody around when I was asking for help."

"You? Ask for help?" Aria chuckled. "Who are you and what did you do to Adagio?"

"I only started asking for help once you and Sonata died on me!" Adagio sternly clarified, her tone growing quiet and concerned as she added, "You guys just... dropped all of a sudden, and when I noticed I was starting to feel lightheaded, I feared for the worst."

"Well, look at the bright side, girls," Sonata pointed out. "We're alive, so that means somebody found us and were nice enough to revive us!"

"Yeah, probably to use us for something nefarious down the line," Aria added, scratching her chin in thought. "Think about it: once the Rainbooms destroyed our gems, our voices were so horrible people began throwing food at us!"

Sonata took out a bite out of a watermelon she was suddenly carrying. "You can say they threw it at us because they didn't like our voices, I say they threw them at us to give us dinner."

Adagio eyed the watermelon and raised an eyebrow. "Sonata, how long have you had that with you?"

"Since the Battle of the Bands-"

Adagio promptly grabbed the watermelon, and threw it away, without taking her disturbed expression off Sonata. Aria, for her part, laughed out loud until Adagio slapped her.

"Okay, you two bring up good points," Adagio spoke, getting her bandmates' attention. "Sonata's right since we were brought back to life; that means whoever did that saw our bodies and, rather than try making sure we'd never come back, they did just that. However, Aria also has a point in that, until we find out who did it, we have to assume our revivers don't have the best intentions."

Aria pocketed her hands. "Hmph, took you long enough to admit I had a point!"

"That's because you never had a point before, Aria," Sonata dryly noted.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You two, stop it!" Adagio groaned. "Let's just go back home for now. We can search for who revived us tomorrow..."

"Yeah, I'm beat," Sonata rubbed her neck. "I feel like we laid on hay beds for weeks!"

"How do you know what a hay bed even is?" Aria asked, raising an eyebrow. "We never slept back in Equestria."

Sonata shook her head. "Aria, believe it or not, we're not in Equestria."

"Are you guys serious?!"


Eventually, the sirens reached their home: a humble, two-floor beige building, with their symbols plastered across the walls: orange gems, silver stars, and purple musical notes. Their simplistic nature implied they were either recently drawn, or just not very well drawn.

Adagio reached for her pocket, took out a pair of keys, and unlocked the door. As soon as she opened it, though, a couple of bats flew away, with one of them being caught by Aria. "Awesome, I got dinner!"

"Aria, don't you dare send us back two thousand years!" Adagio snapped. "Let. The bat. Go."

Rolling her eyes, Aria obliged, blowing a raspberry as she did. "You're no fun."

The Dazzlings walked inside, and the first thing they noticed was the amount of dust and cobwebs the place had accumulated. Merely taking a step caused a small cloud to emerge, forcing them to cough and quickly unlock the windows.

"Alright, it's clear this place needs to be cleaned up," Adagio cracked her knuckles. "Time to clean this up."

"Yeah, good luck with that, you two," Aria calmly walked past the duo. "I'm gonna go take a nap."

Sonata grabbed Aria's jacket. "All three of us are going to clean up, Aria."

"You're not my boss!"

"All three of us are going to clean this up, Aria," Adagio repeated sternly.

Aria fumbled her words for a moment, then groaned and sulked, giving up to the statement. "Alright, let's get this over with."


An hour of cleaning later, Sonata and Aria collapsed on the couch, taking heavy breaths as they wiped the sweat of their foreheads. Adagio walked past them, but they barely paid any attention to her.

"I think I just died a second time," Aria groaned.

"Don't cry, we've been through worse," Sonata replied. "Like, you know, actual death."

"I'd rather have that than do this cleaning nonsense all over again!"

And as their argument continued, Adagio walked to an open window and rested her arms, then her cheek on her palm, as she looked at the starry night sky.

I'm not one to ask for help, and in truth, the only reason I cried for help was because I had no other choice. Aria and Sonata dropping down on me, followed shortly by me slowly succumbing as well, was just too much for me to handle.

Adagio lowered her head and closed her eyes.

Honestly, I thought that, after everything we did, nobody would listen. That it would be the end of the Dazzlings, and nobody would care.

She smiled and lightly chuckled.

Turns out, somebody did care enough to revive us. So, whoever did that...

She opened them again, and looked at the moon with a hopeful look.

I guess we owe you.

Author's Note:

And that brings this story to a close!

I decided to challenge myself and write this in just a couple of days. I can bet you can clearly see this with how everything just feels wrong. XD

In terms of canon, while I wrote this as a prequel to "Bellesitter", I think I wanna go the Broad Strokes route: the CMC did revive the Dazzlings, but everything else about the story either happened differently, or didn't happen at all.

Isn't continuity fun?

Draxonos135, flying away!

Comments ( 4 )

Well, that was crazy.

The ends justifies the means.

Interesting story.

I wonder if the cmc will cash in that favor?

Login or register to comment