• Published 19th Aug 2012
  • 1,910 Views, 61 Comments

Always Faithful - Psicosis



Twilight's time is coming, her and the Princess spend her last moments together

  • ...
8
 61
 1,910

Always Faithful

“Princess... Please stop looking so gloomly, it’s not going to be that bad.” The purple unicorn whispered, smiling weakly. The princess lifted her head to look at the unicorn laying on her bed, she looked so weak. Her coat was ragged and wrinkled, eyes were puffy and she looked sleep deprived.

“Twilight... I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be making this any harder than it already is.” Celestia said putting on a fake smile. Twilight looked at her, wanting to hug her so much, but her old body didn’t have the strength to move. Instead she simply smiled and nodded her head.

“I’m just glad Spike isn’t here too see this, he grew up and has probably forgotten about me. I guess that’s for the better.” Twilight sighed. “Don’t speak like that!,” The sun goddess gasped. “I’m sure wherever he is, he is always thinking about you.”

The old mare laid back on her bed looking up at her ceiling. “Yeah... maybe you’re right,” She said. “On the plus side, I get to see all my old friends again.” she spoke, trying to push a lump in her throat down.

Celestia reached out and started stroking Twilight’s mane in a smoothing pattern. Twilight turned to look in her mentor's eyes. “I never thanked you did I?” Twilight asked. “Thanked me? For what? You have nothing to thank me for.” Celestia whispered, a little confused.

Twilight sat up too fast causing her back pain, ignoring it she turned to the Princess again. “Of course I do, you took me in as your student, taught me so much wonderful stuff and most importantly you’re the reason I had friends,” She smiled. “Some of the most amazing ponies in Equestria.” Twilight cried a single tear now rolling down her cheek.

Celestia trying to fight back her own tears moved closer to Twilight and embraced her in a hug. “Please Twilight... lay back down and save your strength. I have something I want to tell you,” The princess whispered. Celestia let go of Twilight and laid her back down on the bed. “Please listen carefully Twilight,”

Celestia moved away from twilight and sat near the end of her bed, trying to collect her thoughts for what she was about to say. “Twilight, I’m sure you’re already aware of this, but you know you are not my first protégé,” Twilight simply nodded.

“I have had many throughout my time as ruler and sadly they have all... left me too,” Celestia struggled to get the last words out, tears starting to appear in her eyes as she began to think back to all her old students.

“But... you are different, you are the one I loved the most. The reason why I took you in as my student is a selfish one and you deserve to know the truth,” Twilight could see talking about this was causing the Princess great pain, but she was curious to hear what she was talking about.

Celestia gave up and let the tears flow down her face, they looked almost majestic, sparkling and beautiful. If only they weren't there to show sorrow. “I took you in because you reminded me of my younger sister Luna. The one I banished... I needed companionship and then I found you,” Whimpered Celestia.

“But I didn’t lie when I said I wanted to teach you everything I knew. You showed remarkable talent. I remember the days we spent together learning everything Equestria has to offer. Even the days we did nothing but sit around talking and sipping on hot coco. You were like the daughter I never had,” Celestia moved to lay down beside Twilight.

Celestia wrapped Twilight in her hooves and continued her story. “I love you Twilight... You are my daughter, I only wish I could join you.” Celestia whispered. Twilight with the little strength she was only able to say “Princess... please don’t say stuff like that.”

Celestia began stroking her mane again “You still have the strength to lecture me.” Celestia giggled causing a little smile to appear on Twilight’s face. “Princess... please listen to this and promise it to me. I have something underneath my pillow. When I... leave I want you to retrieve it, promise me you’ll do that.” Twilight cried, tears now falling uncontrollably down her face.

Celestia, hugging Twilight closer, just nodded to showed she understood. She was in to much pain to respond. The two of them just laid on bed doing nothing. Feeling the time pass, they didn’t move an inch. Then Celestia did something Twilight didn’t expect. She began to sing in the most beautiful voice.

“My little pony, my little pony
I used to wonder what friendship could be
until you all shared your magic with me.”

Twilight sat silently listening to her song. Paying close attention to the lyrics, she figured out they were about her. She stayed silent, crying to herself, listening to her only friend in Equestria sing.

“Big adventure,
tons of fun,
a beautiful heart,
faithful and strong,
sharing kindness,
it’s an easy feat
and magic makes it all complete.
You are my little pony
You are my best friend...”

Celestia finished her song, more tears falling from her face as she hugged Twilight. She looked at her purple friend to see that she wasn’t moving. She moved her a little whispering in her ear. “Twilight... Twily?” She moved off the bed to confirm her fear, she looked more closely at her.

The mare on the bed was frozen still, frozen with a small smile on her face. Celestia couldn’t hold back anymore, she fell to the floor pouring her heart out. A couple of minutes had passed until Celestia remembered Twilight’s last request.

She stood back up, her eyes puffy and bloodshot red. She lifted up the pillow beside her old friend to find a note underneath it. She picked it up and began to read it.

‘Dear Princess Celestia

I’m afraid I might not be here much longer. So, I thought to make one last friendship report.

Friendship is truly an amazing thing, you can make bonds with ones you have never met. Everyone comes in different shapes, sizes, colors, and personalities.
But we all can become friends with one another, and that friendship can last forever. And that’s wonderful to know. Friendship, is truly magic.

I’ve had an amazing life, and it was an absolute honor being your protégé.

Thank you so much Princess Celestia, thank you for everything.

Your most faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle.

Celestia placed the letter on the bedside cabinet and moved closer to Twilight. She grabbed her once more and simply whispered “No... Thank you Twilight Sparkle. For everything.”

Comments ( 60 )

Cool story bro

1113109
I see you edited your comment.
I'm not even sure if you really read it.
Well I guess it doesn't really matter.

1113121

Just did, wanted to reserve my front row seat


like i said, cool story bro

I will say...

Why it is short, it does have a moral.

Awh shit. Manly tears alert. :pinkiesad2:

1113121 media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/bb/bb4aa82dac296beb84c185c156d0db690eff75f9_full.jpg

That being said, even though I am totally immune to sad stories, I find this to be a nice short read.

Your probably going into the feature box.

Not that I like it, but I also haven't said I hate it. It's just a trend I noticed. Sad, short, one shots that are written well tend to go into the feature box.

1113159
Oh well thanks for that.
I hope I make it. :twilightsmile:

1113136
I wanted to keep it short and simple.
It was just something I wanted to throw out there.
Did you enjoy it?

1113150
I hope you enjoyed it my friend. :twilightsmile:
Also sorry about using a different editor this time.
I didn't want to bother you with this one. :twilightblush:

1113179

Well it certainly was more respectful than my one-shot.

I can't write for my life.

So why do I do it?

BECAUSE I HAVE THE RIGHT TO.

I read that comic and it took everything I had not to cry. But the story was too heart wrenching and I shed manly tears, and this story was just as good.:raritydespair:

1113198 Thats fine! I've been incredibly busy, and I've barely had time to update my stories, let alone get started on new ones :ajsleepy: excellent job here though!

Sadder then my little dashie :fluttercry:

1113248
No way!
you really found this sadder than My Little Dashie!?

1113167 I thought of a joke while reading your response. (No offense, I am neutral about your story.)

Feature Box! The game
Choose your difficulty
>Sad-Easy<
Comedy-Semi Easy
Random-Below Average
Slice of Life-Normal
Adventure-Medium
Human-Hard
Dark-Expert
Sex-Demigod Challenger
Gore-Good Fucking Luck Douchebag

Select your perk!
Veteran Author-Great chance your story will become featured as soon as you put something out there
>One-Shot< -Due to your short story, more people will most likely read it.
(That's all I can think about :l )

1113289
I'm sorry about the tears, but you just made my day! :rainbowkiss:

Grammatical errors really kill the moment, just saying. Anyway, have a fav and a like. The comic almost made me cry. I've read too many sadfics.

OhGod, I just remembered that I read The Battle of Fort Book a few hours ago. Transition from childhood, being babysitted, to lying on your death bed. Here come the waterworks... (While listening to this)

I loved the fic, it was really sad and well written but one thing that really bugged me about it was this sentence right here "She smiled. “Some of the most amazing people in Equestria.” Cried Twilight a single tear now rolling down her cheek." I don't mean to be nit-picky but I think it would be better if it was changed to ponies instead of people. Aside from that I loved the story and was a great read for me :twilightblush:

1113388
I said people
Oh Celestia away to the edit button!

Edit: I fixed it and thank you so much for that heads up! I guess real life habits are kinda hard to ignore.

1113394 Oh no problems at all :) I'm glad I was a help :pinkiehappy: keep up the good work with your stories :raritywink:

1113265

>Comedy

>Vet Author


What am i doing wrong ;_;?

Havent even read it yet and im already crying, i know this is gonna be good:raritycry:

1113495
What...?
How is that even possible?
Well I hope you enjoy the story for when you fully read it.
Don't forget to let me know what you thought of it. :twilightsmile:

Ack!

There's a lot of errors.

For example: it’s not going to be that bad.” Whispered the purple unicorn,

It should be bad," whispered

Only you repeat this mistake countless times... and that's all I have to say about that.

Other than that, though, hasn't Celestia's whole 'immortality is really sad' been done practically to death? I think it's just slightly unoriginal, but I've got no room to talk anyways. I mean, I really don't want to bash the fic, I'm sure it's done well, but in my nitpicking eyes, so many capitalization errors are just so glaring as to detract from the story for me. I'm sure it's decently written and all, but it's just... not my cup of tea. :trollestia:

So have a wonderful day, all the same! :twilightsmile:

I enjoyed it, have a fav and like.

1113694
Thank you very much! :twilightsmile:

My Face, neck, and shirt are wet from the tears shed. I was also to lazy to get up for tissues during the read. You sir/ma'am must continue making people shed tears. write more i beg you. This story equals up to My Little Dashie and another story i read where Spike dies from a toxin produced by the changlings... You have a gift And I wish I could write as good as you. Love and Tolerate- Shamrox17:derpytongue2:

1114155
I promise to keep writing, you have made me very happy by just writing that.
I hope you enjoy my future works and if you want to keep update (I hate saying this part it feels so needy) don't forget to give me a watch!
I'm glad you think this is on par to MLD, but I doubt it's that good.
Also I'm a guy lol.
Thank you so much for your amazing comment!
Sorry about the tears. :twilightblush:

Gorgeous little story. I hope you told Willis96 about it, I imagine he'd like it too. Very well-realized, Twi and the Princess were clearly very, very close.

1114251
Yeah I left him a message on his DA page informing him about it.
I'm glad you enjoyed the story. :twilightsmile:

While I didn't cry (don't worry; I didn't cry during "My Little Dashie." It's probably the factor that I may possibly be a robot, but that's beside the point), it's definetely got some emotion I noticed. While the topic of "Twilight dying and Celestia's sad because she's immortal" has been done before, well, so have a crap load of other ideas that are throughout Fimfiction and other fanfiction sites. But you know, you just got to let it go eventually, because while it's not original, it can still be good if done right. (Oh, yeah, this was a comic--well, nonetheless, it's not uncommon.) And when I do let it slide, I see a beautiful, simple piece. The part where Celestia sang the theme song for the show was a nice addition.

My only nitpick is that some points, some dialogue isn't in another paragraph when it should be. When another person (or pony) speaks, it should jump into another paragraph, and it won't confuse some people as to who is talking. Like here:

Celestia wrapped Twilight in her hooves and continued her story. “I love you Twilight... You are my daughter, I only wish I could join you” Whispered Celestia. Twilight with the little strength she had was only able to say “Princess... please don’t say stuff like that.”

Should be:
[Celestia wrapped Twilight in her hooves and continued her story. “I love you Twilight... You are my daughter, I only wish I could join you," whispered Celestia.

Twilight with the little strength she had was only able to say “Princess... please don’t say stuff like that.”]

1114290
I see, sorry for my mistake.
I will take your advice and use in my future stories. :twilightsmile:

You've made such amazing fanfiction, I am crying and writing. Using my memories of the placements of the keys. My nose is snuffed, my eyes are puffy and bloodshot, you've done a amazing job of this fanfiction. Thank you s-so much. :raritycry:

1114788
Thank you for the lovely words. :twilightsmile:
Sorry about all the tears. :twilightblush:
I really hope this gets featured. I never thought anything I write would, but everyone seems to love this story. :pinkiehappy:

I like the friendship report.:twistnerd:

1113509 This was absolutely beautiful:raritydespair::raritycry::fluttercry::pinkiesad2:
Thier just isnt a emoticon to explain these feels

1116909
I'm glad you enjoyed it my friend. :twilightsmile:
Sorry if it upset you in anyway. :twilightsheepish:

I cried in this JUST like I did in the comic! :raritycry:

1143741
I'm glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

I've read no less then fifty fan fictions in the last week alone(sick in bed) in the area of my little pony, and no less then 100 altogether. I've read My Little Dashie, Last Party, the really sad stuff. And none of them made me stop and look away to avoid tears, but yours did. Thank you man, I needed that.

1152567
I'm glad to help and thank you for your lovely comment. :twilightsmile:
Please get well soon!

I could almost hear Celestia singing a slow, sad version of the song.
That was just....This should explain it--->iambrony.steeph.tp-radio.de/mlp/gif/132681283573.gif?1328546512
Very well done.

1234544
Now I'm picturing it...
The feels man... The feels. :fluttercry:

1234555
That's how I imagined it as soon as I realized what it was...
You've made a grown man cry
I hope you're proud of yourselfiambrony.jsmart.web.id/mlp/gif/131653349422.gif?1316805684

1234577
You make me feel like a bad man now. :raritycry:

1234591
The fic was very well-written and I loved your word choice. It all flowed seamlessly.:pinkiehappy:
Feel any better?

1234598
A little, thank you. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment