• Published 7th Nov 2019
  • 1,529 Views, 13 Comments

No More Nightmares - ABadger



If Discord was never imprisoned, what happens to Luna and Nightmare Moon?

  • ...
0
 13
 1,529

The Tower

Calming. That perfectly describes Luna's walk back to the throne room. The walk was incredible quiet, since now her sister wasn't scowled and about to chew her out, if you could even call the earlier fiasco being chewed out.

Luna had one noticed one thing on her trek back through the hallway, there was a clear lack of food decorations. In fact, the hallway in general was absolutely immaculate. The servants certainly cleaned the hall quite thoroughly Luna thought to herself as she walked through the hall.

Rather than turn into the throne room, Luna instead made a right turn. This brought her to an alternate path which led
down to an oak door with a single guard posted in front of it.

Luna stopped by the guard and turned to him, "We are not to be interrupted by anyone, especially not our sister, whilst we am here. Is that understood?".

The guard nodded, "Yes Princess."

Luna nodded back, "Thank you." She pushed the door, which opened into a narrow spiral staircase.

Luna began to walk up the staircase, the door promptly closing behind her. The walk was long and boring, with only the occasional window present in the staircase. The hallways themselves seemed quite dull, which betrayed the fact that it was made by Discord. There was no paint, no paintings, and no decorations. In fact the only thing of interest were the windows, but this however, was intentional, as the windows allowed the sky to be visible, which was the whole point of the tower.

Eventually, Luna reached the door at the top of the staircase. She promptly pushed the door, causing it to reveal a minimally decorated room. The room only contained a painting of Celestia, Discord, and Luna as it's sole decor item. The prominent feature of the room was its balcony, which Luna promptly went to.

She stepped out into the balcony, which had a blanket already sprawled out on it. She gently sat down on the left side of the blanket as she looked up, and she began to scan for any oddities. She quickly realized a very peculiar constellation

It was a draconequus with a huge thumb up.

More specifically, it was Discord with a huge thumb up.

"Discord," Luna said as a smile creeped on her face, "Thou may come out now."

The constellation of Discord crossed its arms and blew a raspberry at Luna before it spoke to her, "And why would I want to do that."

"Because thou art nice?" Luna asked with a grin.

The constellation rolled its eyes before it dispersed, and Discord appeared directly behind Luna, "You clearly don't know me very well Lulu."

"We think that we know'st thou plenty," Luna said, as she continued to look at the night sky. She patted the blanket to the right of her with her hoof.

"Would thou care to sit?" Luna asked bashfully.

A flash of light appeared in the corner of Luna's eyes, as Discord teleported to the right of her. Luna glanced over to him, quickly noticing that he was wearing a big fluffy blanket and had an excessively large cup of hot chocolate in his talon.

"I mean, if you insist," Discord said, making sure that he sounded as sarcastic as possible.

Luna rolled her eyes as Discord took a slurp from his hot chocolate. Once he finished his slurp, Luna made a quick subtle glance over to him before she slightly scooted over to get closer to Discord.

Luna looked up at the night sky, "Our sky is truly lovely tonight."

Discord glanced up, "Well of course it is, you made it."

Luna's face flared up, "Wh-Why thank you, Discord."

Discord took a loud and long slurp from his hot chocolate before he responded, "Of course I could spice it up abit..."

"We swear if thou turn the sky into pepper,"

"Okay I won't. Someone's salty," Discord said with a smile.

Luna chuckled and smiled while still looking at the sky, "Thou art truly hilarious."

Scoot

Discord made a goofy grin and took another gulp of his hot chocolate, "So you like spice puns? I'd hope for something more Oregano."

Scoot

"I have a lot of spice puns, but not nearly enough thyme."

Scoot

Discord sighed as he leaned back, and Luna quickly glanced over to Discord. She was close, maybe an inch or two. She could probably lean over and make it to him.

"I mean really, You can parsley believe the amount of spice puns I know," Discord said before he burst out laughing with his own joke. While he was laughing Luna continued to scoot closer to him, until she was almost touching him. Discord calmed down and looked back up at the night sky, seemingly oblivious to Luna's slow approach.

For a little while, it was just Luna and Discord staring at the night sky. Peace and quiet, with just the occasional song from the lovely crickets. For a little while, neither of them talked.

But only a little while.

"There is one thing I loathe about this tower," Discord said with a sigh, "I despise the paint color."

Luna looked over at Discord with a slightly raised eyebrow, "It isn't painted."

Discord turned to face Luna as he wore an exacerbated face, "EXACTLY! I couldn't decide what color this could possible be, I spent days. DAYS, trying to figure out the right color. I hardly spend any time at all deciding the finer details, which I decided would be too distracting in a place like this, and yet somehow, THE COLOR took me days to decide. Ughhh, I considered changing the color but what would I change it to? I know what color I would want, and thats every color is random spots, but what color would YOU enjoy that I could STAND to paint?"

Scoot

"The color truly doesn't matter to us, We are just thankful that thou wouldst take so much time just to make a gift for us," Luna said with a chuckle and a giggle, "It truly is amazing."

"I know It's amazing, I made it," Discord said triumphantly, "I thought to myself, in my thinking tree of course, I ought to do something for Lula. So I thought I'd make something that makes it easier to appreciate your work. So I thought, I should make it a tower with a balcony. So off I went making sure that the balcony had a perfect view of the night sky, the stars in the sky, your head on my shoulder, the beautiful moon, wait your head on my shoulder?" Discord said as he glanced over to Luna, who did in fact, have her head on his shoulder. She immediately shot her head up as soon as Discord looked over, a bright blush on her face.

"Uh we were um... Cold and Tired?"

Discord stared at Luna for a brief moment before he broke out into a smile, "Oh! Well why didn't you just say so!"

"Wait... DISCORD-" Luna shouted out in surprise as Discord opened up the left side of his blanket and dragged Luna into it, pulling her right next to him.

"There, now you can be warm," Discord said with a smile.

Luna was now bright red as she began to stammer and sputter. She looked over at Discord, who was extremely close now, and back at the night sky.

I wanted to be close, but that was a bit to sudden for me Luna thought to herself and she glanced right back to Discord, the close proximity making Luna realize all of the subtle things in his face. His pristine white goatee, his wildly sized eyes, and his mismatched horns. Oh no, he's hot.

"Are you okay," Discord said as he tilted his face, "Your face is completely beet red." To emphasis his point he snapped his fingers, causing a beet to appear next to Luna's face.

"Never mind," Discord said comparing the beet and Luna's face, "Your face is much more red than this beet... or is it redder..."

Luna was now not only flaming red, but she was beginning to sweat under the stress of Discord inquiring about her. "Um... I feel a bit under the weather I suppose," Luna responded trying her best not to move.

Discord snapped his fingers causing a wet rag to appear on Luna's head. He stretched out his arm and put it on her forehead, "You are simply burning up, and you said you feel cold? You might have a fever Lulu. Do I need to take you to your bed?"

And with that, Luna Fainted.


Luna didn't know why she woke up in her bed. She didn't remember walking there, and because of the guard, no one should have carried her there. She didn't know why the blanket around her seemed so familiar, despite the fact that she hadn't seen it before in her life. She just couldn't know, because no one understood.

No one, except Discord.

Author's Note:

The tower was the idea that sparked this whole story

Despite that, this was a challenging chapter, especially the ending.

The ending went through countless rewrites and different version.

Eventually I just settled on this ending.

I Greatly apologize if this chapter isn't as good as the others...

Chapter six should also be a very difficult one.

Comments ( 9 )

9941522

Oh Thank you so much

9945806

Unfortunately... There will be no mcburgers...

But I am glad you are loving in.

9951082

Good Eye

Yes that is in fact from daughters of discord, but it isn't the only reference.

I love littering references in my works.

Cute ;3

nice story. ;-;
I have a question: If this story still comes to its logical conclusion, the characters will find out what happened to them in the original dimension (canon) where did they still seal the Discord?
P.S. sorry for my English

9957711

That's a very good question? Why isn't Discord in stone?

Does this story take place before or after Discord would be imprisoned in stone?

That is an amazing question with only one awnser I can give.

Spoilers.

9957259

Thank you very much

Oh my God, Discord is such a chaotic dummy. How COULDN'T Luna fall in love with him???

But yeah, this is super cute and I'm in love. Please don't break our hearts....

9962335

I assure you, the story will be finished.

And thank you

9963111
4 years later: How's that promise working out for ya? :rainbowlaugh:

But please finish this story someday, I just LOVE Lunacord shippings :heart:

Login or register to comment