• Published 12th Oct 2019
  • 440 Views, 126 Comments

Let's write a story. - TheMajorTechie



We won't know where we'll start, nor where we'll end, so long as we write. A heavily comment-driven story.

  • ...
4
 126
 440

The adventure ends here.

Author's Note:

Sorry if this may come as a disappointment, but I've decided to end this little writing experiment of mine. It's the first time in a long while that I've ultimately decided against adopting anything from the experiment, and in this case, it's simply because I don't feel comfortable using the writing style in this story very often, if even at all.

If you'd like to see the Voidtrotter continue his adventures, feel free to suggest them instead in my What If anthology. While the story as a whole may be comedy-centric, it doesn't mean I'll refuse to write a serious chapter every now and then. :twilightsmile:

So it appears that our protagonist has found themselves on the other side of the mirror portal. Discord has created a duplicate of them, setting this duplicate free to accompany our protagonist for the time being.

...And the author continues to struggle to write a cohesive story for this story.


"It's over."

The Voidtrotter cocked their head. They blinked, finding themself suddenly plunged back into their long-familiar namesake plane of existence.

"There is nothing more that this universe may afford to you, Voidtrotter," Celestia's voice echoed around them. "Unfortunately, this means that your adventure must be cut short. You yourself, however, may live on, bearing the legacy of your name's meaning. You will continue to be, and always will be, the Voidtrotter; you have my permission to explore other worlds, other realities-- anything, anywhere. You are no longer shackled to this lone plane of existence, Voidtrotter."

The Voidtrotter blinked again.

"Be free, Voidtrotter. Become yourself. Find yourself."

For the first time ever, Celestia-- that is, the one that'd been speaking to the Voidtrotter all along, emerged from the darkness, bowing her head. Her once elegant and flowing mane had long-since been reduced to shaggy tufts, and she even appeared to be sagging in some places.

"Ce...les...tia?" the Voidtrotter craned their neck for a better look at the aging Alicorn.

Celestia bowed her head to the Voidtrotter. "I am old and withered; I cannot burden myself much more with maintaining the existence of the realms you visit within this plane. That... that is why I must let you go."

The ancient Alicorn closed her eyes, lighting her horn one final time. There was no time left for the Voidtrotter to respond before they were engulfed in a blinding light.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment