• Published 12th Oct 2019
  • 440 Views, 126 Comments

Let's write a story. - TheMajorTechie



We won't know where we'll start, nor where we'll end, so long as we write. A heavily comment-driven story.

  • ...
4
 126
 440

About a timberwolf, in a parallel universe.

Author's Note:

Chapter contributors:

  • Shadow_8472 – (Out of order) Time travel
  • B4ssxCello & Shadow_8472 – Begin to take control over form, adapt to the situation
  • NicLove – the Celestia that speaks to the Voidtrotter acts like she doesn’t know them, but privately admits to it when alone with them.
  • B4ssxCello – The next given name of the Voidtrotter: Mistwalker
  • Howzdozit - The Voidtrotter enters one of Starlight’s Aus
  • B4ssxCello, Shadow_8472 & Howzdozit – Counterpart to the Voidtrotter is created by Discord, eventually reconcile and recombine
  • Zapper frost – Voidtrotter’s current form holds until they choke on a rock

Shadow_8472 & NicLove - the Celestia that talks to the Voidtrotter isn't the same as the one that exists in the AU they are visiting.

The Voidtrotter blinked, squinting as they held a wooden paw over their eyes. The light around them was rapidly fading, leaving behind the view of a war-torn landscape.

Our next journey will take you to one of many rather bleak potential outcomes of the battle between Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer. The former was once a student of mine, though she is now the sole ruler of all Equestria. The latter, interestingly, upon defeat, would make a serious attempt to reform herself, and would come under the tutelage of Twilight before ultimately moving on to assist in the affairs of her School of Friendship.

A flash of light caught their eye. Smoke was rising from the area they'd seen it come from. It took a few moments, but a heavy boom tore through the air not long after. It was for sure an explosion of some kind, though why it happened remained a mystery.

A group of pegasi soared overhead, apparently armed for battle. In the distance, the Voidtrotter spot two alicorns mingled amongst a clashing group of ponies. The occasional glint of gold-hued armor sparkled in the distance. Without another word, the Voidtrotter bounded off toward the battle.


Arrows grazed overhead. Sometimes they struck their targets -- the various ponies laying about mortally wounded told it all -- but other times, the arrows would ricochet, more than a few times even striking the Voidtrotter themselves.

No matter, however; this timberwolf form paid no mind to such weaponry. Try as they might, any pony attempting to physically destroy such a body as the Voidtrotter's would only do so in vain.

The ground rocked with the rumble of an explosion. A plume of smoke wandered through the air overhead, the screams of dying soldiers piercing through the air.

"What is a creature such as you doing here?" Celestia-- this world's Celestia began, landing in front of the Voidtrotter. "This is no place for a timberwolf. Flee, lest you perish in the war!"

Of course, the Voidtrotter couldn't tell that this Celestia wasn't their own. They stood silent, cocking their head at the alicorn speaking to them.

"Celestia, for her part, only shook her head and turned away.

That is not me, Celestia's voice commented, Rather, it is one of the many incarnations of myself that exists. You have not yet met me in my physical form.

A strange, guttural groan rippled through the air. The ground underneath warped, sending ponies on both sides of the war tumbling. Gradually, the dirty snow-laden ground changed color. First pink, then green, even blue at times, before ultimately settling on a strange, yellow-black stripe design.

"I do say," Discord chuckled, popping his head from an open hatch in the ground, "Honeybees do have quite a fashion sense! Remind me to tell Fluttershy to tell Rarity that later."

He cleared his throat, craning his neck toward the Voidtrotter.

"Oh, and who are you?"

The Voidtrotter froze; they'd never seen such a creature as Discord before, let alone be asked their name by one. The name Cookie was no longer relevant to this realm, and thus, a new one must be used.

"Mist..." the Voidtrotter's eyes turned to the red-tinted clouds hanging overhead, "walker. I call myself Mistwalker."

"Well how'dyado, Mistwalker?"

The Voidtrotter leaned away from Discord. This was a mistake, talking to the draconequus. Something within them told them to run far from this creature.

"Tut, tut!" Discord scolded, donning a teacher's outfit, "I know what you're thinking, Misty. You want to run from me, don't you?"

He held out a stone. There was absolutely nothing special about it in any way, shape or form.

A stray arrow grazed his paw, sending the stone flying right into the Voidtrotter's mouth.

"Cack!" the Voidtrotter choked, jumping away in surprise. The stone seemed firmly lodged in their wooden throat, and no amount of coughing and hacking seemed to dislodge it.

Release your form, Voidtrotter. You may create a new body later.

Without skipping a beat, the Voidtrotter's timberwolf body dropped limp to the ground, shattering into thousands of wooden scraps. A single stone lay in the middle of it all.

"Well then," Discord grumbled under his breath, "I supposed that's one way to kill a timberwolf. Now, as for the ghost haunting me because of that..."

The Voidtrotter felt their ethereal form get yanked closer to Discord.

"Let's try a little something, shall we?"

He snapped his claw. A blazing light enveloped the Voidtrotter, fading seconds later to reveal some kind of duplicate. However, this copy was darker, smokier, and seemed to have the same reddish hue that the clouds overhead seemed to take on.

"Oh dear," Discord facepalmed, his paw passing through his face and smacking against a second face, "It looks like your new counterpart's edgy!"


That's an interesting little way to end the chapter. Some ideas weren't able to be used in this chapter on account of requiring some amount of time to pass, so they will carry on to the next chapter.

There aren't any prompts this time for what should happen next, so feel free to talk about anything! :twilightsmile: